Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: SimpleTouch FE  (Read 95376 times)

Lave Laar

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 04, 2022, 06:23:13 am
    • Freeware arcade related programs
Re: SimpleTouch FE
« Reply #120 on: August 21, 2010, 06:33:11 pm »
OK. Back from the dead.  :)

@gonzo90017:
There is no difference in shelling STFE from other programs.
Look at the wiki or use instant sheller or my own quick sheller.

New version released:

* Fixed a bug that would delete game.inis when delete button was pressed. Regardless of what had focus.
* Fixed a bug in the skinmode that would not load the different skins for the configs.
* Added option to hide desktop icons.
* Added option to run a second program before each game/program.
* Added selectable alignment of the various fonts.
* Added option to customize the Mp3 info

As usual available here.

deano7

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 26, 2016, 09:48:04 pm
« Reply #121 on: August 21, 2010, 06:34:52 pm »
All great fixes/upgrades.  I can't wait to give it a go, Thanks Lars!

Circo

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 11, 2020, 03:27:51 am
  • Still using screenshots? Try EmuMovies instead.
    • EmuMovies
« Reply #122 on: August 21, 2010, 07:25:32 pm »
Does this support video snaps?
My Websites

Lave Laar

• Offline Offline
« Reply #123 on: August 21, 2010, 08:32:42 pm »
Yes. It does.

whufclee

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 31, 2011, 04:04:54 pm
« Reply #124 on: September 08, 2010, 10:37:30 am »
Just want to say a big thankyou for this software it's brilliant - especially with the new option of opening another program (emu) before launching the selected application.  One problem I have though (with this version and the previous version)... Everything on page 1 works great but any further pages show the games but when you click on them the corresponding game from page 1 loads up instead (same with every config tab).  As an example if I have Bullseye on page 1 as the 3rd item, move to page 2 and select Caveman Capers (3rd item on pae 2) Bullseye will load.  Anyone else have this problem or is it just me?  I've tried on 2 different computers which are both running Windows 7 64bit.

Lave Laar

• Offline Offline
« Reply #125 on: March 10, 2011, 02:03:39 pm »
New version 1.14.

Had a couple of requests for keyboard navigation. Since it was a quick job I decided to add it, despite it's a bit outside the scope of the program.
I've also added preliminary support for swf-files.  Couldn't find a way to mute them though...

What's new:
* Added code to prevent several games to load in succession if more than one image was clicked.
* Added support for optional keyboard navigation.
* Added preliminary support for flash videos (swf).
* Fixed some small bugs that I can't remember

Available here.

whufclee

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 31, 2011, 04:04:54 pm
« Reply #126 on: March 29, 2011, 03:25:32 am »
Nice work, loving the swp integration.  Unfortunately the same problem I had still exists on this version so can't take advantage of the "attract" video files.  I have now tested on Windows XP as well as Windows 7 and both are having the same problem:

The 1st page works perfect, however any further pages don't.  Whatever you click on will load the corresponding item from page 1.  All of the videos are correct, it just seems to call the corresponding program from page 1.  If I don't use attract videos and just use pictures everything works great.

Any help really would be much appreciated as I'd love to get this working, cheers.

gwjrabbit

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 13, 2014, 02:43:00 pm
« Reply #127 on: April 11, 2011, 04:23:54 pm »
In my search for a simple, very lightweight solution to the "Pinball Pre-Front End" problem I landed here.  And this works perfectly with one exception ---

Can it work rotated? If I have to resort to Mrotate, it's back to the drawing board.  Can't seem to get MALA to work for me.  This, now that you added simple keyboard support, is SO SO CLOSE!!!

Lave Laar

• Offline Offline
« Reply #128 on: April 11, 2011, 05:51:59 pm »
Is this the same issue as discussed in this thread?:  http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=110828.0

There is no rotation options built into the FE per se, but as it's more or less just images you can just rotate the four images for the selections and get the same effect.  

In the skin options under "Max number of" section. Select four game images and one config.  This will hide the config buttons and you're left with the four selection images on the first page.  Rotate these four in an image program and you should be good to go.
You will also need to check the "Hide game labels" option.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2011, 06:21:16 pm by Lave Laar »

Lave Laar

• Offline Offline
« Reply #129 on: April 15, 2011, 08:14:30 pm »
New version

* Fixed the bug where games with videos would load the game from the first page.
* Added option to quit the FE from one of the game images by setting "-quit" as the executable.

Here

BobA

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 11, 2018, 09:52:14 pm
  • What Me Worry?
« Reply #130 on: April 15, 2011, 09:52:22 pm »
Thanks for the update.  The link on your website for download points to the previous version and it is not found.

The requested URL /~llindga/Programs/SetupSTFE114.exe was not found on this server.

Edit:  Thanks Dave works great now :D

« Last Edit: April 16, 2011, 08:26:31 am by BobA »

Lave Laar

• Offline Offline
« Reply #131 on: April 23, 2011, 08:46:58 pm »
@gwjrabbit
Did that solve the problem for you?
Feedback is always welcome :-)

Kevin Mullins

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 01, 2021, 01:29:34 pm
    • Me on Myspace
« Reply #132 on: April 23, 2013, 09:41:26 pm »
Raising an old topic as I need some help with this one......
I'm not new to STFE, but this has me stumped.

I built a toddler game/educational machine for little ones to play with (like our 2 year old), but have an issue with the screen going black and only the game audio running in the background. And it also seems to basically lock you out since nothing is touchable at that point, I have to manually kill the background program (via keyboard) in order to get STFE back up and then choose a game again.

It took me a while to figure out what he was doing to make it do that as I could not duplicate it if you used it as expected. Finally watched him close enough to see, what he's doing is quickly tapping multiple times on an image to lauch a game or movie or whatever it is. And even with everything sped up as best I can, it still seems to maybe try and launch multiple instances of that game and really screws it up.

I was curious if there was a way to implement a "delay" of some sorts that would allow only ONE click and then it would have to wait x-number of seconds before another click was recognized? (kind of like the delay for the kill, start, and pre-lauch areas if they work as I'm thinking they do) 
At least just for the images that actually launch games. Navigation and config buttons or power off stuff wouldn't need this.

Just to reiterate... this only happens when launching games or movies and such... never have a problem once something is up and running.
(and of course if you just touch the launch images once like normal then it works perfectly)

I've tried various versions of STFE, various skins, various mouse tweaks in WinXP...just can't figure out an option.
I even tested this "quick tapping" thing out on a slot machine I built with STFE a couple years ago, sure enough it will do it too if you tap quick enough.

Or if there is something else I might be overlooking I'd sure appreciate the advice.

Never thought I'd try and make a "toddler proof" machine just to have a toddler out do me. :)
Not a technician . . . . just a DIY'er.

johnpwilton

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 27, 2014, 08:44:43 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #133 on: May 03, 2013, 01:20:12 pm »
Hi Guys. I'm sorry to be such a noob at this, but I am... How do I add PopCapGames to STFE? Each time I attempt to add the .exe to the config settings I get an error about not beaing able to write .ini.

deano7

• Offline Offline
« Reply #134 on: May 03, 2013, 01:28:29 pm »
This post won't be terribly helpful, because I am not at home to see my setup, but I have all of the popcap games setup through STFE.  (Fantastic program - Thanks Lave) 

I'll try and check it out tonight and post if there is anything out of the ordinary.  I recall that I just entered the EXE and it worked fine for me.

BTW, Kevin, I do experience the same symptoms you described with the black screen.  I believe that it has to do with the "wait" checkbox and is working by design.  You can either uncheck the "wait" checkbox or have a wiresless keyboard close by, hit escape and then stop the program which obviously then goes back to STFE.  I have a button programmed to "Alt Tab" and you can hit that button also to switch between programs on your touchscreen.  Checkout VistaSwitcher - works really well for touchscreens.

Dean

johnpwilton

• Offline Offline
« Reply #135 on: May 03, 2013, 01:37:39 pm »
This post won't be terribly helpful, because I am not at home to see my setup, but I have all of the popcap games setup through STFE.  (Fantastic program - Thanks Lave) 

I'll try and check it out tonight and post if there is anything out of the ordinary.  I recall that I just entered the EXE and it worked fine for me.

Dean

How do you mean "entered the EXE"? As in drag-and-drop? I tried that and it gave me the same error. I haven't been able to find a "how-to" for the software either.

deano7

• Offline Offline
« Reply #136 on: May 03, 2013, 01:43:02 pm »
In the STFE configuration program, you add the name of the game you are adding and the picture you want shown and then in the executable textbox, just add in the path to the game. 

johnpwilton

• Offline Offline
« Reply #137 on: May 03, 2013, 01:44:02 pm »
In the STFE configuration program, you add the name of the game you are adding and the picture you want shown and then in the executable textbox, just add in the path to the game.

I'll give it a shot right now. Thanks.

Edit: Am I supposed to use the installation EXE or the program EXE?
« Last Edit: May 03, 2013, 02:05:47 pm by johnpwilton »

Kevin Mullins

• Offline Offline
    • Me on Myspace
« Reply #138 on: May 03, 2013, 02:18:45 pm »
Edit: Am I supposed to use the installation EXE or the program EXE?

After you install the games ... drag the "program.exe" into STFE.

johnpwilton

• Offline Offline
« Reply #139 on: May 03, 2013, 03:24:20 pm »
Thanks guys. I think I've got it now.

steviewilson

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 21, 2013, 07:31:29 am
« Reply #140 on: August 12, 2013, 06:00:28 am »
Hi guys
I have been dipping my toe in the water recently with quiz machine emulation, and had older games like Cluedo and Blockbusters working, but only off the main exe file.  I remember I had to use something like ITBox or some other file running in the background.  I have installed SimpleTouch FE, added 2 roms, correct path to the exe, added a pic, when the emu starts up, I click on the pic of say Blockbusters from the menu screen, screen goes black for 1 sec then back to the menu screen, the game doesnt launch.  Do I have to have other files to get the games to launch? Any chance of a step by step 'how to' please?  Will the games work with a mouse?

Thanks in advance folks, love emulation :)

Stevie

steviewilson

• Offline Offline
« Reply #141 on: August 12, 2013, 06:47:14 am »
And am I right in thinking Cliffs site has all the quiz machine files removed now? I cant see any listed.

mes83

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 14, 2019, 01:57:20 am
SimpleTouch FE
« Reply #142 on: August 12, 2013, 01:06:24 pm »
I cannot even get access to Cliffs site anymore, anyone know where we can find the files now?

steviewilson

• Offline Offline
« Reply #143 on: August 12, 2013, 05:59:41 pm »
I can get access here but dont see any itbox or indie roms.

http://reproserv.no-ip.org/vfolder.ghp

gonzojoey

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 30, 2020, 10:26:44 am
« Reply #144 on: August 17, 2013, 12:19:20 am »
I can get access here but dont see any itbox or indie roms.

http://reproserv.no-ip.org/vfolder.ghp

It's all still there, its just a little hard to find.
Go to Repro Resources, then Layout, and then SWP and you'll find all the files you need.
I'm actually in the process of building my machine now. I'll be sure to start a build thread soon.

Grahampslack

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 04, 2013, 04:13:34 pm
« Reply #145 on: November 04, 2013, 04:05:26 pm »
Can any one help with  a manual to load a simple touch fe so new to this can't find any instructions.
     Any help would be  gods send

Kevin Mullins

• Offline Offline
    • Me on Myspace
« Reply #146 on: December 01, 2013, 03:46:45 pm »
I wanted to post a workaround to a problem I and a few others may have been having with our kids quickly tapping the screen images to start a game or what and causing the screen to go blank but has the game playing in the background. (basically causing STFE to be running on top of the game, but only with a black screen)

I finally got to doinkin' around with every possible option combination I could and found that if I set an image to be displayed upon clicking the original image everything seemed to work fine, never went to black screen, seems to work every time. (gonna let the kiddos "test" it out some more)

1. Choose the CONFIG grouping you want to change (01, 02, etc) and then on any game select the "Launch" option -
2. Then click inside the blank image box to open an explorer box -
3. Then navigate to whatever image you want to use, wherever you have it saved (I used a simple smiley face) -
4. Click the "Change All" if you want to use the same image for all games/programs in that Config grouping -
5. In the GENERAL SETTINGS I also made sure to have the image delay option set down to 1.
6. SAVE SETTINGS

All this does is pop up the image you have chosen for just a brief bit in the clickable area prior to the game/program launching.
You can of course use different images for every game/program if you want, but I didn't really see the need for all that.
Might even be able to set it to a blank image or whatever you want... I was just tickled to figure this much out as I was constantly having to "fix" this little machine while the 2 year old played on it.

I did notice that if I went ape crazy on clicking I could still get it to mess up, but I was having to go nuts on it, and it was only if I happened to click on it while that image area was blank.
The problem really occurs when the software is in 'transition" from STFE to whatever has been launched. So if the screen gets clicked on while it is in this "blank" state is when it seems to mess up. So this solution isn't perfect, but it seemed to "help".
« Last Edit: December 01, 2013, 04:01:50 pm by Kevin Mullins »

deano7

• Offline Offline
« Reply #147 on: December 01, 2013, 05:36:42 pm »
Thanks for this, Kevin, I'll have to give it a go.  I've noticed this happening a bunch to when the kids have some of their friends over.  Very detailed description and fix explanation.  Much appreciated!

Kevin Mullins

• Offline Offline
    • Me on Myspace
« Reply #148 on: December 01, 2013, 06:15:55 pm »
It's definitely not 100% fix, but it's all I could find to make it a little more less likely to happen.

What I did find out is that I use Media Player Classic - Home Cinema (http://mpc-hc.org/) on this little machine to play movies from my pc (networked) and it has the option to display a "logo" (image) when it first starts up....and we NEVER have the black blanking screen issue when starting movies no matter how much it gets clicked on.
So I'm gonna watch the timing and such when the logo is displayed and when it's getting clicked on and all that a little closer and see if there is anything that can be done that will have a similar effect. Or see if I'm just imagining things. Lol

It's just the dambdest little software quirk, but it sure causes some headaches when the little ones are messing around with it.  :P 

deano7

• Offline Offline
« Reply #149 on: December 01, 2013, 10:34:06 pm »
Hi Lave, you still around?  Is there some minor fix in the program that can make this go away?  Also, I just noticed the skin on your last post above from August 22 - where can I get that skin?  It looks pretty cool!

Dean

mike boss

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 22, 2021, 01:19:45 pm
« Reply #150 on: January 31, 2014, 10:00:30 pm »
I just picked up a 23" touchscreen for a Jukebox project.
But I do want to add more depth and look forward to trying this front end.
I'll be doing a custom skin for sure.

yotsuya

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 01:02:22 pm
  • 2014 UCA Winner, 2014, 2015, 2016 ZapCon Winner
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,137636.msg1420628.html
« Reply #151 on: January 31, 2014, 11:20:25 pm »
The Metal Skin is pretty much perfection.
***Build what you dig, bro. Build what you dig.***

mike boss

• Offline Offline
« Reply #152 on: February 01, 2014, 07:25:58 pm »
I do like the metal skin ,but I think I'd revise it to tie in more with what I'm doing.
When/if I do it I will certainty make it available to all.

mike boss

• Offline Offline
« Reply #153 on: February 12, 2014, 07:03:33 pm »
Got Simple Touch downloaded and installed today, same for the "metal" skin.
I'm yet to configure it as I don' have much tocuh friendly content at this point.

I'm running a much higher resolution than the provided skins.
However I figure I'll just open everything up as a layer on the background ,scale it, and then start tweaking in Photoshop.
I'll save them as needed.

As soon as the skin is done I'll make it available.

mike boss

• Offline Offline
« Reply #154 on: February 14, 2014, 07:42:47 am »
I downloaded Simple Touch FE and the Metal skin.
I opened up all the graphic elements in Photoshop and sized them to fit a 1920 x 1080 background.
I've started building a skin overtop metal.
I'm hoping it works !
I'll post progress.

It is themed after my Touch Jams skin : Little Black Box
http://www.touchjams.com/default.asp?page=skins_ws#Red 1366 x 768

simmymma

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 16, 2014, 01:47:08 pm
« Reply #155 on: May 15, 2014, 07:17:32 am »
Hi,

Im a new poster looking for some advice hopefully. Ive recently aquired an all-in-one touchscreen PC running windows 7 (thinking of moving to windows 8). Im  looking to use it for all media use (TV, Movie streaming,installing a jukebox program) but what im stuck on are the megatouch/itbox/swp quiz machine games.

Ive downloaded both the 37 SWP Game Torrent thats going about and all of the touch roms/emulators/files and can play them no problem with the required emulators, but ive learned of a "Front End" program called SimpleTouch FE, which would make it easier for my family to access and play the games, yet every time I try to add agmes I get errors.

I keep hearing about MAME, but ive never had any experience with it and it seems alot more vast than just these touch screen quiz games, and Ive no experience coding, but I was hoping that someone could at least point me in the right direction regarding my dilema, im missing something but just cant see it.

Anyways im looking forward to your reply,

Cheers, Dean
« Last Edit: May 16, 2014, 02:51:03 pm by HaRuMaN »

simmymma

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 16, 2014, 01:47:08 pm
« Reply #156 on: May 16, 2014, 03:58:39 am »
Hi again, ive finally cracked it, for some reason SimpleTouch wasnt running as admin and wouldnt write to any of the program files, running it as an admin solved everything and ive now got a front end for my touch screen :D, next to find a jukebox software and im sorted

cheers

deano7

• Offline Offline
« Reply #157 on: May 16, 2014, 10:04:13 am »
I was running silverjuke with the eagle bluetouch skin, but I've since switched over to zenpoint digital center.  I think you'll be pretty happy with zenpoint.    Good luck!

MTPPC

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 26, 2021, 02:25:46 pm
« Reply #158 on: May 16, 2014, 05:04:13 pm »
I sort of liked this when I checked them all out a year or so ago. http://dwjukebox.com/
Pinball and Video Arcade Repair in Billings, MT USA
http://pinballmd.com/

yotsuya

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 01:02:22 pm
  • 2014 UCA Winner, 2014, 2015, 2016 ZapCon Winner
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,137636.msg1420628.html
« Reply #159 on: May 16, 2014, 05:06:39 pm »
I sort of liked this when I checked them all out a year or so ago. http://dwjukebox.com/

I ***love*** DWJukebox - it's very simple and works great in "singles" mode.
***Build what you dig, bro. Build what you dig.***