Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: FEEL Frontend Games List Question(s)  (Read 2077 times)

malkneil

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 10, 2022, 10:03:35 am
FEEL Frontend Games List Question(s)
« on: January 09, 2022, 03:39:18 pm »
Anybody else out there using FEEL?  I used it for my cocktail cab build and in the process of building a Candy cab MAME setup and looking to use it as well.  One thing I'm trying to do but not entirely sure how to accomplish is to create multiple games lists and seed them up front.  Just for a little context, I'm using the "MAME XML Full Lists Generator" tool to build culled lists (eg: a working game set that excludes mahjong/fruit games).  When I start up feel and run "Rebuild List", it's my understanding that it's basically invoking the MAME executable and referencing the mame.xml list file I generated with the above tool (and dropped in the mame base dir).  This seems to work fine, but I'm trying to see if there's a way I can create and populate a few other game lists in FEEL up front.  For example CHD games, Fighters, Shooters, etc, etc.

Does anyone have any insight on how to do this, specifically from MAME XML list files I've generated with the Lists Generator tool?

There's a data directory under FEEL which contains what appear to be game list files.  I suspect that maybe each of these files corresponds to the respective game list file under the config directory.  These appear to be plain text files though and not XMLs.  Do I need to generate a new main list from a new mame.xml and then save the config that results as a different game list maybe?  It's not entirely clear.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

--N--

« Last Edit: January 09, 2022, 03:42:06 pm by malkneil »