Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Beer Pong Table Project  (Read 10029 times)

roberts123

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 11, 2014, 07:18:01 pm
Re: Beer Pong Table Project
« Reply #40 on: February 09, 2011, 02:13:11 pm »
Do you think a darker stain will make it pop out while it is under .5 glass and with red and white rope light going around the board?

Nephasth

« Reply #41 on: February 09, 2011, 02:15:19 pm »
A darker stain will definitely stand out against a light stain. I like the color of red mahogany stain...I used it to stain this desk: http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=109035.0

But then again, a darker stain may have some "bleed through" around the edges.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2011, 02:18:33 pm by Nephasth »

roberts123

• Offline Offline
« Reply #42 on: February 09, 2011, 02:19:21 pm »
I just might have to do that. The refinishing job you did looked great and the color is very nice. I'm sure that t would look great and stand out against the golden oak stain I used. I might just cut out another O and leaf and try it just to make sure I like it.

Nephasth

« Reply #43 on: February 09, 2011, 02:41:44 pm »
I just might have to do that. The refinishing job you did looked great and the color is very nice. I'm sure that t would look great and stand out against the golden oak stain I used. I might just cut out another O and leaf and try it just to make sure I like it.

Thank you. Make sure to post pics of your test piece (I would like to see if it bleeds or not).

roberts123

• Offline Offline
« Reply #44 on: February 09, 2011, 05:04:23 pm »
I went to Wal-mart and found some paint for cheap so i decided to pick some up to see how it looks before I bought the other stain. But I really do like how this is looking it gives it a pop that I really like.

roberts123

• Offline Offline
« Reply #45 on: February 11, 2011, 08:59:10 am »
Here is the piece that will be under the class right below where the cups go.

HaRuMaN

• Supreme Solder King
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+45)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 05:50:16 pm
  • boom
    • Arcade Madness
« Reply #46 on: February 11, 2011, 09:46:43 am »
I wouldn't get sparkly.  Any paint will stand out, really, considering the rest is just stained wood.  I'm assuming you'll be using red paint?

roberts123

• Offline Offline
« Reply #47 on: March 05, 2011, 07:31:55 pm »
Don't worry I have been working just not to much on the table. :-[ But i have had the chance to get the sides all done. The next thing to do get the glass for the top of the table. This is what it is looking like so far. After the glass I am going to make the legs. There will be two set one set will be legs like on a regular coffee table the next set will be for the games. I really like the paint.