Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Folder.jpg Art is gone (FIXED, see inside)  (Read 22955 times)

Games001

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 13, 2024, 12:44:04 am
Folder.jpg Art is gone (FIXED, see inside)
« on: August 27, 2008, 06:47:46 pm »
Hi all.

I manually placed a folder.jpg file of every album artwork I needed to complete my 800+ CD list in SK Jukebox (safe to say it took a LONG TIME).. but something odd has happened without any changes by me:

All but 10-12 of the folders now have NO Folder.jpg files in them.  The files are gone, not hidden, not misplaced, just gone.

The folders for each album still show, in Thumbnail mode, a picture for each and every one of them, but when looking inside the folders, there are no image files at all, just the MP3s are shown.

If the files are not hidden, the folders are not set to hide them, and I can see the images as a part of the folder when on a thumb, what's up???

Windows XP, file formatted correctly for SK to see all my songs, and was seeing all of my art as well up to a few days ago.

Any clues???

Thanks all.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2008, 10:34:09 pm by Games001 »

Space Fractal

• Wiki Master
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 26, 2023, 11:32:13 am
  • Space Fractal
    • Space Fractal
Re: Folder.jpg Art is gone, sorta, maybe.. huh?
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2008, 02:54:02 pm »
I guess Windows, etc Windows Media Player, have hided the files and marked them as a system file too.

So if you enable show hided and show all system files, you would see all files is still there.

Its pretty very annoying.

That why I renamed most of mine to cover.jpg, but have not tested that work in Sk-Jukebox too to avoid that problem.

You might want to try to write protect them and unhide, so it dosent got hided again.

Decade Old Work: MultiFE, ArcadeMusicBox
Today Works: Various Spectrum Next games from Rusty Pixels and html5 games.

Games001

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2008, 06:35:48 pm »
Sadly the files don't show when "Show Hidden' is enabled.  So something odd has happened that I can't very easily put my finger on...

Lave Laar

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 04, 2022, 06:23:13 am
    • Freeware arcade related programs
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2008, 02:31:02 am »
As SF told you, there is an extra checkbox for the hidden system files.  Look for "Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)" and uncheck that one.

Games001

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2008, 08:49:40 am »
Ok, now I see what you are getting at.. there are two different 'show hidden' boxes, and now the files are seen in each folder.

But SKJB still wont see the folder.jpg files, do I have to copy/paste them all once more and rename them to something else that SKJB can use as folder art?

Space Fractal

• Wiki Master
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 26, 2023, 11:32:13 am
  • Space Fractal
    • Space Fractal
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2008, 05:49:42 pm »
SkJB dosent search for hided files then. You need to unchecked the hided flag in property (if my language was a bit bad in my first post was just because I cant remember what they called in the English Windows version, since I use a danish version).

You might try to rename it to cover.jpg, so they dosent got threated as a system file. I remember it did work, but not sure, since it a bit some time I used this app.
Decade Old Work: MultiFE, ArcadeMusicBox
Today Works: Various Spectrum Next games from Rusty Pixels and html5 games.

Games001

• Offline Offline
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2008, 06:12:29 pm »
The Hidden box in each file's Property Menu is 'checked and greyed out', so I unable to remove the hidden check at all from the file itself.

Changing it to Cover.jpg has no effect in SKJB it seems.

Lave Laar

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 04, 2022, 06:23:13 am
    • Freeware arcade related programs
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2008, 08:00:00 pm »
That option is greyed because it's a system file.  You can't change the system file attribute from windows. That must be done from the command line.
This is a command that will remove those attributes from all folder.jpg files in your music folder.

FOR /R "c:\mp3\" %%a in ("folder.jpg") DO attrib -s -h -r "%%a"

If you want to change all files named folder.jpg to cover.jpg as well you can use this batch:

FOR /R "c:\mp3\" %%a in ("folder.jpg") DO (
attrib -s -h -r "%%a"
ren "%%a" cover.jpg )

Just copy the line(s) to notepad and save as "RemoveAttributes.cmd"
You will of course have to change "c:\mp3\" to the name of your music root folder.
Run the batchfile and you should be OK.

Games001

• Offline Offline
Re: Folder.jpg Art is gone (FIXED, see inside)
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2008, 10:33:42 pm »
Lave Laar... let me say this, simply this:

YOU FRIGGIN' ROCK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Seems to be working fine now with cover.jpg files converted over from hidden system folder.jpg files.

RemoveAttributes.cmd FTW

My deepest thanks for saving me hours of reworking the images.