Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Location of flipper buttons  (Read 4878 times)

willhs

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 04, 2015, 03:49:53 pm
Location of flipper buttons
« on: June 15, 2008, 06:20:49 pm »
Hey, sorry if this is a bad place to put this (since I'm building a CP, not a pinball machine), but I thought I might have some luck with the people who view this part of the forum.  I'm trying to build pinball simulation into my CP as accurately as possible -- my CP is the exact width and inclination of a real pinball machine, and I'm going to add on a lockdown bar for the right "feel."  But, I'd like to have an idea of where the flipper button is usually placed on a real machine.  Could someone with a machine please measure out the distance from the top and front to the middle of the flipper button?  I realize there is probably some variation, but I'd like a good guideline if at all possible.

Much thanks,

Will

willhs

• Offline Offline
Re: Location of flipper buttons
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2008, 05:27:50 pm »
I agree that's the best way, but if anyone has a pinball machine around and can just measure that, I'd truly appreciate it.  I've put a ton of work into making it as pinball-y as possible, and it would just be really nice to have a guideline for this one last detail.  I would measure this for myself, but there honestly isn't a pinball machine in the town I'm in, and I've literally spent hours trying to find the measurements on the internet.

Thanks,
Will

willhs

• Offline Offline
Re: Location of flipper buttons
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2008, 11:18:25 pm »
Oh man, you ROCK.  Looks like it's relatively standard.

Anyway, thanks so much!! I'll give my CP a good writeup w/ pics and design philosophy and share it on the forum.  Hopefully it'll help other people on the journey.

Thanks!
Will