Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: MKII Art - Non reproduction dedicated  (Read 2727 times)

Xenepp

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 19, 2009, 06:53:48 pm
  • Jeff minter is GOD!!
    • Videotopia.Co.Uk
MKII Art - Non reproduction dedicated
« on: June 14, 2008, 08:25:59 pm »
Do these pop up now and again or just the kit artwork? I've seen the repro dedicated sideart online but the price is a little high for me, how much should I expect to pay for decent MKII sideart?

Don't think I have ever seen the CP front and side art anywhere either. Any input from MK guys here (MK3FAN)?

-Joel

MK3FAN

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 09, 2022, 07:07:29 pm
Re: MKII Art - Non reproduction dedicated
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2008, 11:16:49 pm »
Do these pop up now and again or just the kit artwork? I've seen the repro dedicated sideart online but the price is a little high for me, how much should I expect to pay for decent MKII sideart?

Don't think I have ever seen the CP front and side art anywhere either. Any input from MK guys here (MK3FAN)?

-Joel

With regards to side art, you get what you pay for. I know it's expensive, but it's worth it IMO. I don't know where you looked, but here is where I got my side art for my scratchbuilt MK3 Mame cab...

http://www.mamemarquees.com/mortal-kombat-sideart-p-515.html?osCsid=f613a393d14198cc0f4f918a94ef5a92

And here is a video of how the application turned out. Again, well worth it if you ask me. I had to make my own '3' for the top corners, but it wasn't a big deal. I would not skimp on the art. Save up and get the good stuff. I am also attaching the side art for the CP box with a little extra stuff in .PDF format. Hope it saves you some trouble...

Current collection - 28 cabs, 4 pins. (32 machines and not enough room)

Xenepp

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 19, 2009, 06:53:48 pm
  • Jeff minter is GOD!!
    • Videotopia.Co.Uk
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2008, 12:05:25 pm »
Wow that art really did turn out great! I think I saw this on Youtube before actually.

Guess I'll just save my pennies then. I don't want to let the build down with substandard artwork so I'll give the mamemarquee guys a jingle once I get it together.

Thanks MK3FAN, excellent looking build by the way. If you don't mind me asking, what monitor did you use and how is it mounted?

-Joel

MK3FAN

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 09, 2022, 07:07:29 pm
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2008, 01:47:27 pm »
Wow that art really did turn out great! I think I saw this on Youtube before actually.

Guess I'll just save my pennies then. I don't want to let the build down with substandard artwork so I'll give the mamemarquee guys a jingle once I get it together.

Thanks MK3FAN, excellent looking build by the way. If you don't mind me asking, what monitor did you use and how is it mounted?

-Joel

Thanks. It's a 25" monitor I got from 8-liners.com It came with a chassis and the picture is great! He doesn't sell the tubes anymore, but does sell the chassis. I have 4 of them right now. Below are some pics o how the tube is mounted...

Current collection - 28 cabs, 4 pins. (32 machines and not enough room)