Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Does The New Indy Pin Affect the Old Indy Pin Value?  (Read 3339 times)

JeepMonkey

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 13, 2012, 01:51:24 pm
Does The New Indy Pin Affect the Old Indy Pin Value?
« on: June 10, 2008, 08:40:31 pm »
When a new pin that has the same theme as an older pin effect the older version's value?

Consequently, if a newer version pin is not as much fun as an older version, does the older version rise in price and the newer lower in value?

I think this is more applicable when the years between the two are fewer, rather than redoing a pin after say 20+ years.

Spiderman was a newly redone theme, but there were something like 25 years between them.

Your thoughts?
Pins:  Theatre Of Magic, JP The Lost World, Revenge From Mars

stan2323

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 13, 2023, 06:05:19 pm
  • Major Retired USS Enterprise Commanding
    • My home page
Re: Does The New Indy Pin Affect the Old Indy Pin Value?
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2008, 09:35:25 am »
It does but there is no way to tell how until both games have been on the market for a while.  Look at the Star Trek 25th Anniversary 1991 and ST TNG 1993.  The ST TNG in my opinion devalued the 1991 some what.  I think that is because the ST TNG is a better more fun pin so it became more sought after of the Star Trek themed pins.  I am still looking for a good deal on a 25th Anniversary 1991 to add to my collection but I got the ST TNG first because in my opinion it is more fun.

I also think your right it is less applicable when there is many years between the pins as well.  Look at the Star Trek 78/79.  I do not believe either 25th Anniveriry or ST TNG affected the value of the 78/79. 
Careful what you wish for you may get it!!
There are 10 kind of people in the world those that understand binary and those that do not!!

JeepMonkey

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 13, 2012, 01:51:24 pm
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2008, 10:26:58 pm »
It's a BRAND NEW GAME for $4,000, versus $3,500 for one that's old and not very fun.

There has to be a nostalgia value factor for the older version, but if the newer version is much funner to play then it could hurt the older version's value.
Pins:  Theatre Of Magic, JP The Lost World, Revenge From Mars

Cameronj

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 03, 2012, 12:59:01 pm
  • I'm a Super llama!
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2008, 12:55:41 pm »
I think the old one is pretty fun.

The newest Spiderman pins by Stern don't seem to be affecting the price of the old 70's vintage SM pins.

There is much greater chance that the new IJ will affect the older one, because they are both DMD pins.

Now if I could only score a nice older IJ for less than $1500 :)