Front End Support > MaLa Frontend

GameLists: Multiple Versions of MAME

<< < (6/8) > >>

thatgammon:
Thank you for your reply.

I think I have followed what you have said but I keep getting the error
"mame.bat is of an unrecognised format, try selecting a valid file"

I get that error when pointing mala to mame.bat (by typing in) rather than the usual .exe.

The error also comes up whether i use my written .bat file or the one I downloaded from the above.

I have this structure if I have followed your instructions :

desktop \ test \ mala
                    \ mame1          everything that mame1 needs, exe, roms, etc
                    \ mame2          as above but for mame2
dmame.exe
dmame.xml
\roms (for dmame)

and the mame.bat file which is giving me gip!!

Think I'm missing a trick here, thanx again in advance!

NOP:

--- Quote ---I think I have followed what you have said but I keep getting the error
"mame.bat is of an unrecognised format, try selecting a valid file"
I get that error when pointing mala to mame.bat (by typing in) rather than the usual .exe.

--- End quote ---

the only thing I can think of then is that this is a new type checking software thing introduced into newer versions of mala.  Might have to drag loadman into this and see if there is something going on in the background.
My version of mala is at least 2 years old.

thatgammon:
Ok thanks again!

At least i'm nearly there. I can almost taste it, hehe.
The mala i'm using is 162g but will try and play around with different versions.

thatgammon:
Can I ask what version of Mala you are using then and I'll give it a go with that one?

loadman:
Yeah,

I have not used this method but have been told it works

I don't think I have changed any code in this area, but if you find it works for you in an older version and not another let me know what version and I can chase up what is happening.

Are you sure you have saved the .bat file correctly as per instructions?  Can yoiu post a screebshot of the 'propoerties' of the file (eg right click and select properties. What is the file type?)

--- Quote ---You can, just be careful when you save the file.  notepad will try to save the file as a .txt file every time, so you may end up with mame.bat.txt as your filename.  When you save the file in notepad, change the dropdown box in "save as type" to all files.
--- End quote ---

Here is the mala code and it is not recognizing this bat file

--- Code: ---     // check dos or windows version
     case GetMameExeType(AMameExecutable) of
       etUnknown:
         begin
           ShowMessage(Format('Binary %s has an unknown format!'+#13#10+'Please, select a valid file.', [AMameExecutable]));
           nicemame:= False;
         end;
       etDOS:
         begin
           nicemame:= False;
           ShowMessage('DOS MAME binary cannot be used as default. Please use Win32 command line version > 0.84.');
         end;
     end;
--- End code ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version