Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: 1980 - Alien Poker  (Read 3464 times)

Vash

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 22, 2016, 03:31:09 pm
1980 - Alien Poker
« on: May 30, 2008, 03:48:43 am »
I've got a friend at work who's thinking of selling her pinball machine to save for a jukebox.   She got it for $300, and I told her I would be interested if she decided to sell it, but there evidently it's not in perfect working order.  She thinks it's a soldering problem, and says it smells 'burnt' when she turns it on.  At $300, I figure it would be worth it to take it off her hands and try to repair it myself, but I was wondering if I was ripping her off (rarity of the game?) and if the problem sounds like an easy fix.  Thanks.

SirPeale

• Green Mountain Man
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+23)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 04, 2023, 09:51:57 am
  • Arcade Repair in New England
    • Arcade Game and Other Coin-Op Projects
Re: 1980 - Alien Poker
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2008, 07:14:36 am »
She got it for $300, and is willing to let it go for the same.  I think it's win-win.

As for the smell, I'd bet on poor connections in the headboard.  That's the first place I'd look.