Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: ball problem on a ST TNG  (Read 3471 times)

stan2323

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 13, 2023, 06:05:19 pm
  • Major Retired USS Enterprise Commanding
    • My home page
ball problem on a ST TNG
« on: May 28, 2008, 07:25:32 pm »
The problem is when I play it, it shoots 2 balls into the launcher.  I tried taking out the batteries and cut power to reset the factory settings.  Then turned it on and put the balls in.  It shoots 2 ball up ramp and under the playfield.  When you add credits and push play it kicks 2 balls into the launcher.  If you pull the trigger it will launch one and the 2nd falls back into the catapult then it launches that one.  You play 2 balls.  When one goes down the chute the game thinks that the only one in play when down the chute and stops till you launch the next.  I have not idea what it is.  If when it kicks 2 balls into the launcher I take one out before I launch the last one it seems to play just fine except once in a while it sounds like the popper closest to the player on the left pops and flashes but no ball comes out.  When I tell it to clear the balls they pop up in to the canons and pop up to roll back to the chute.  When I take them out it stops trying to kick the balls out.  Seems like it thinks there is another ball under the playfield when the game it being played but not when it is not being played.

Can someone with a ST TNG take the balls out, turn off the machine, turn it on and let the balls roll down the chute and tell me how many it catapults to go under the playfield.  2 or 3.

I just finished installing new Alpha, Beta, Delta Ramps and the U trough under the playfield on my STTNG pin.  After I put it all back together I tested the solenoids, diverters ect.  All test passed OK.  The lamps and flashers are all working. 

I had these 2 parts left over.  The post I am not sure where it goes.  The small metal flange goes underneath somewhere, I am pretty sure as it was left over in the plastic bag that I put parts from switching the U trough under the playfield.   I can not figure out where it goes.   

Careful what you wish for you may get it!!
There are 10 kind of people in the world those that understand binary and those that do not!!

SirPeale

• Green Mountain Man
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+23)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 04, 2023, 09:51:57 am
  • Arcade Repair in New England
    • Arcade Game and Other Coin-Op Projects
Re: ball problem on a ST TNG
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2008, 11:45:57 am »
You've likely got a switch problem somewhere, probably an optic not being read correctly.  Check your error logs.

Q*Bert_OP

• Wiki Contributor
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 25, 2012, 07:20:42 pm
  • Oh yes, we did!
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2008, 06:21:48 pm »
You have a bad optic in your ball trough. Check for bad solder joints on the resistors and on the optics. Bad solder joints are common with that style of ball trough. 
WTB: The Grid by Midway (2001), looking for 2 or more complete games, and large marquee

stan2323

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 13, 2023, 06:05:19 pm
  • Major Retired USS Enterprise Commanding
    • My home page
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2008, 02:59:25 pm »
I had 2 plugs swiched.  All it good now.  I feel like  a real idiot.   :laugh2:
Careful what you wish for you may get it!!
There are 10 kind of people in the world those that understand binary and those that do not!!