Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: **Hyperspin FE new previews**  (Read 17727 times)

Dariusz

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 23, 2018, 02:41:36 pm
  • I want to Build My Own Arcade Controls!!
Re: **Hyperspin FE new previews**
« Reply #80 on: May 31, 2008, 11:07:44 pm »
Has there been any recent WIP developments with the Hyperspin FE, be great to hear on this forum. Hanging out to try the FE when it released.

BadBoyBill

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 07, 2010, 06:34:53 pm
« Reply #81 on: June 01, 2008, 01:10:15 am »
Has there been any recent WIP developments with the Hyperspin FE, be great to hear on this forum. Hanging out to try the FE when it released.

You'll most likely find out the latest news over at the FE's forum.  No news has been posted lately but theres lots of things in store for a public release.  Theres a couple big reasons why its not public yet and were taking care of those things behind the scenes right now.  If I were to release it now things would be get pretty disorganized pretty quick, people will be jumping in creating themes amongst other things and were just not set up to recieve that yet.  It didnt really hit me until the beta testers started creating themes that I realized that my site and server is just not properly set up yet to handle what I'm trying to build as far as downloading, submissions, and overall ease of use.  Theres a little to think about here, including theme naming, who's approving the submissions, how theyre being downloaded, how the backend tracks the themes so users know if they have the latest stuff or not, will my site be able to handle all these downloads, multiple submissions for any one game, theme installation, etc... etc...  This is probably our biggest hold up right now and are all being worked on. 

Besides that from what I'm hearing the FE works great, runs games fine, and is very easy to setup and learn how to use.  All the major bugs are fixed, you can move about different genres easily via the new genre menu's, the backend has just been revamped by spiderstyle and works very well to setup your emu's, lists and settings.  Theres a couple small but reasonable gripes that I'm writing in also before release, like navigating lists quicker.

So I cant say any for sure timeframe but were working daily, and making alot of good progress, and I'm recieving a ton of outside help on getting things pushed along.

jban4us

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 08, 2013, 12:06:49 pm
« Reply #82 on: June 02, 2008, 12:06:25 am »
You might have already thought of this, but you should consider offering a torrent for downloading. The people here would probably be glad to seed it (I know I would, I am really looking forward to the release) once it got going and it could take a large load off of your servers.

It looks great so far. I am a software developer in training (CS student at Purdue) and I know how much it takes to create a really good project like this. Thanks for all your hard work!

Ummon

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 09, 2010, 06:37:18 pm
« Reply #83 on: June 02, 2008, 02:02:35 am »
I will be contributing on the themes here soon. I have a bit of a setback as I lost my ArcadeVGA card somehow...I guess I will just have to order a new one. :(

Or you could try soft15khz.
Yo. Chocolate.

"Theoretical physics has been the most successful and cost-effective in all of science."

Stephen Hawking

People often confuse expressed observations with complaint, ridicule, or - even worse - self-pity.

Cameronj

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 03, 2012, 12:59:01 pm
  • I'm a Super llama!
« Reply #84 on: June 05, 2008, 12:38:58 am »
So soft15Khz can do the same thing as tha AVGA card with a regular one.
Is there a faq somewhere about it?