Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Nevermind (was "How to compile for Pentium Pro optimized version of MAME?")  (Read 701 times)

jasonbar

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 30, 2023, 02:52:55 am
  • Dr. Inferno
    • The Infernolab
Nevermind--I found Headkaze's MAME Compiler 64 thread & that answered my question--that looks like hte way to go for me!  :]

-J

Howdy-

I'm running the Pentium Pro MAME .115 executable that I downloaded in executable form some time ago.

I wish to remove the nag screens & add hiscore.dat & am researching how to compile MAME.  I'd like to keep it the Pentium Pro optimized version, since I've gone through all the games & sorted/tested them to see what runs fine my machine--I'm concerned that running an unoptimized version might make some games not run as well as they did w/ the PP optimized version......or am I worrying too much?

On the official MAME site (http://mamedev.org/oldrel.html), I can download the source code for .115.  I see just 1 source code zip archive, so I assume that the optimization happens during the compiling & doesn't result from different source code, yah?

BTW, I looked @ Mr. Do's MAME compiling tutorial again today & it says it's only for .119 & newer--fudge...

Thanks,
-Jason
« Last Edit: April 18, 2008, 02:08:07 am by jasonbar »