Arcade Collecting > Pinball

Pinball transport... help?

<< < (2/5) > >>

DJ Infinity:
Damn!
That bites. Well when one door closes another opens.  :cheers:

ChadTower:

Three pins for $275?  You should have offered $350.  Standing on a stupidly low price like that is guaranteed to lose out.  Even at $350 it's a great deal and it gets you the pins.  I've never totally understood so many people's obsession with getting things at the absolute lowest price possible.

Neverending Project:

--- Quote from: ChadTower on April 05, 2008, 08:35:44 am ---
Three pins for $275?  You should have offered $350.  Standing on a stupidly low price like that is guaranteed to lose out.  Even at $350 it's a great deal and it gets you the pins.  I've never totally understood so many people's obsession with getting things at the absolute lowest price possible.

--- End quote ---

Hmm... I think you misunderstood. That was her asking price. I offered her full price, and said I would be there with a truck that evening to take them away. She then said she would call the first guy back and give him the chance to match the offer - if I couldn't, they were mine. Well, he did.

Anyway, the story continues. This morning the machine that would boot and enter attract mode (but not completely working) showed up on CL again, this time its new owner was asking $400 for just this machine. I called him, and told him that I was the other guy trying to get it on the $275 deal... Long story short, I offered him $200 for just this machine. And I said I would pick it up today. He said he would if no one else took it today.

Well, apparently he pissed some people off in the local CL/pinball community. He flaked on me, even though no one else took the machine. And now he has updated his CL ad to this.

Can't escape Karma.  :)

shardian:
What he did I simply don't understand. If you are going to flip something in a community such as this, at least have the common sense to wait a bit. Posting next day?!? What a ---smurfing--- retard. If he would have simply waited a month and said "I intended to fix this up, but I just don't have time", noone would have given him any ---steaming pile of meadow muffin---.

ChadTower:

--- Quote from: Neverending Project on April 05, 2008, 11:34:51 pm ---Hmm... I think you misunderstood. That was her asking price. I offered her full price, and said I would be there with a truck that evening to take them away. She then said she would call the first guy back and give him the chance to match the offer - if I couldn't, they were mine. Well, he did.

--- End quote ---

I do understand.  I've seen it a billion times.  She wanted $275 and you offered $275.  Someone else also offered $275.  Had you offered $350 you would have three pins right now.  When there are multiple buyers at the asking price most sellers will take a hard look at a higher offer before committing.  Either way, that was worth more than $275 to you, and you didn't make a higher offer.  It doesn't always work but more often than not it will.

I see nothing wrong with what the guy did, BTW.  Pinball people are often petty and resentful.  They didn't get the deal so they will trash his chance to profit - it's not like he relisted them looking for a sucker.  That's a reasonable price.  I'm actually surprised they didn't just report his posts as scams and have them taken down out of pure jealousy.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version