Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Your stance on burners?  (Read 2953 times)

shardian

• Saint is the evil mastermind
  • Trade Count: (+23)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 21, 2015, 03:11:31 pm
  • Friends don't let friends build frankenpanels...
Re: Your stance on burners?
« Reply #40 on: March 31, 2008, 08:17:58 am »
Speaking of burning..
Has anyone seen where that guy was working with radio waves, trying to find a cure for cancer, but accidently discovered that using the waves, he could ignite salt water, which would burn at 1500 F?
This could power your car, or even run a steam turbine to generate electricity.
He said he would sell it to the oil companies to finance his cancer research.
That guy may be in the gun sights of both the oil companies AND the cancer drug companies.

It was an interesting read. Water Electrolysis is nothing new though. There are craploads of vids on youtube of 16 year old kids creating water electrolysis in a mountain dew bottle.

It means nothing because the energy to do this will always be greater than the energy output. Unless the guy invents cold fusion, he won't see a dime from anybody.

ChadTower

• Chief Kicker - Nobody's perfect, including me. Fantastic body.
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 19, 2022, 12:01:54 pm
« Reply #41 on: March 31, 2008, 02:55:43 pm »
That's not what OPP means...   ;D  :o

Isn't OPP when the point of the joke soars freely over your head?   :)

SavannahLion

• Wiki Contributor
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 19, 2015, 02:28:15 am
« Reply #42 on: March 31, 2008, 03:21:03 pm »
Speaking of burning..
Has anyone seen where that guy was working with radio waves, trying to find a cure for cancer, but accidently discovered that using the waves, he could ignite salt water, which would burn at 1500 F?

Yeah, I've heard of it. I also heard numbers vary from 1500 F to as high as 3000 F.

My reservations about it lie with just how much energy needs to be put in to generate the radio waves needed to cause the reaction in the salt water vs. how much energy one gets back from the process. I have to admit it's interesting stuff though.

Jdurg

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 04, 2020, 09:26:27 pm
  • A young guy feeling older than sin......
« Reply #43 on: March 31, 2008, 04:57:39 pm »
Speaking of burning..
This could power your car, or even run a steam turbine to generate electricity.
He said he would sell it to the oil companies to finance his cancer research.
That guy may be in the gun sights of both the oil companies AND the cancer drug companies.

I recall reading about that too, but I also recall that when the scientific community got in touch with him, he either couldn't reproduce the results, or when he did the energy cost going into it was FAAAAAAAAAAAAR greater than what came out.
Donkey Kong High Scores:
1): 49,500
2): 35,600
3): 30,100
4): 29,400
5): 28,200