Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Advice on Rowe Ami jukeboxes (topic closed please use latest) Regards Alan  (Read 150809 times)

Ken Layton

• Guru
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 12, 2021, 12:25:59 am
  • Technician
Re: Advice on Rowe Ami jukeboxes
« Reply #280 on: February 08, 2013, 12:32:21 pm »
Tim:

Error code 14-01 is serious. It is a bad eprom checksum error in the Central Control Computer. This can affect operation of the whole jukebox. You will probably have to ship your CCC off to a repairman like Bruce Wentworth.

Error code 06-02 is nothing bad. It means that the V1 sensor in the dollar bill acceptor was covered too long, perhaps from a torn dollar bill. It's probably ok now and nothing to worry about.

Bruce is probably the last guy out there who can repair CDM4 players, provided he still has spare parts. The CDM4 player went obsolete 20 years ago and repair parts are now impossible to find.

jdemarti

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 31, 2022, 10:57:25 am
« Reply #281 on: February 10, 2013, 09:02:08 pm »
Tim

what version CCC do you have now? It is possible that you may just need a new Eprom chip. It would be a less than buying a new CCC. I have replacement chips with the updated 4.3 code if you need it.

I agree with Ken; getting replacement CDM4 parts is almost impossible.  You can find some new parts for the cdm4 on ebay, but the prices are outrageous.  It may be worth you upgrading to a CD pro player or getting a CDM4 upgrade kit with the Sanyo CD player.

ami-man

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 19, 2020, 01:22:45 pm
« Reply #282 on: February 11, 2013, 10:06:35 am »
Hello Richard,

My details are as follows:-

Alan Hood
Games Unlimited & Datex Systems
Units 4 & 5 Lion  Park
New Street
Halfway
Sheffield
S20 3GH
UK

hotrodlincoln

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 18, 2013, 03:05:34 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #283 on: February 18, 2013, 02:25:09 pm »
Ok here goes I have a Rowe AMI MM5 hard to explian all the issues howver i have video of what its doing.  It will accept a comand if A side of a record is selected it will pick up the record place it on the turntable and place the needle on the record, however after a few seconds the center spindle drops and even if you manualy move the arm to the end of the record it will not auto return the arm nor replace the record.  If i Manualy turn the cam back to the start postion i then can select a B side and it will always miss it by one slot.  Of course none of this is in the trouble shooting in the service manual I have.

Please help

ami-man

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 19, 2020, 01:22:45 pm
« Reply #284 on: February 19, 2013, 06:38:33 am »
This topic is getting very long.
I will restart the topic off again.
Please do not post any more Rowe Ami questions on this listing.

Regards
Alan

Alan Hood
ami-man
UK

lowder01

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 08, 2023, 12:41:40 pm
Re: Advice on Rowe Ami jukeboxes (topic closed please use latest) Regards Alan
« Reply #285 on: February 27, 2013, 07:53:18 am »
Does anyone have an eprom chip with 4.3 firmware for Rowe available?

jtc

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 06, 2014, 11:14:33 pm
« Reply #286 on: October 05, 2014, 12:07:05 pm »
I have a Rowe R89 that I am parting out.  I have the record mech intact and it is working.  However, when the tonearm comes over to the record it seems to be not making good contact with the record.  At least not enough to play correctly.

Can the tonearm be adjusted or is this part of a larger problem?  I can hear a "scratchy" sound from the record, but it seems to be playing the same thing repeatedly.  I have tried it with different records and get the same results.

Since I will be listing the unit on an auction site, I want to be able to indicate any issue it may be having or complete any slight repairs that it may need.

Thanks in advance!!

I am looking for the R-89 Flashing light unit:  Lamp Controller, Wiring Harnesses, and the light strips.  would you have this?

Cheyenneguy

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 24, 2015, 12:46:15 am
« Reply #287 on: April 23, 2015, 11:13:56 pm »
HELLO lilshawn a question for the Rowelink Controller 40955703 and the orange w/black stripe wire.

Are you saying to simply ground the wire to the chassis and the amp will stay on all the time?
Just need to be sure and asking?

If so, there is a ground point close tot he very top of the box, ground at this point?

Thank you

okay, it's basically like this

the orange w/black stripe wire runs from the computer to the amp (makes a stop at the light controller...irrespective.)

basically when the computer wants the cd player to play music through the amp, the computer grounds out (connects to ground) the orange w/black stripe wire and the amp "un-mutes" and allows anything playing through the audio input to play

when the song is done, the computer disconnects that wire from ground and the amp (is supposed to) mute again.