Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Ami. Wall box issues  (Read 2200 times)

Joe1966

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 25, 2015, 04:46:45 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Ami. Wall box issues
« on: April 20, 2015, 12:09:48 pm »
I am hoping someone can help or suggest a good repair man.

We have a 1965 Rowe ami juke box with the separate wall box. This week it would only let me select 1 record and the the key pad became unresponsive. By turning the main box switch within the actual payer box from on to off the wall box would click and allow a second selection. Repeating this would allow selection.

I contacted a repair man in Ilkeston Derbyshire who came round today but could not fix it as did not have tools.
Now the buttons on the wall box stay in after the first selection and do not reset as before.

I think he's fubard it.

Any advice or contacts for a good repair man?

Thanks

Turvey

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 01:40:47 pm

ami-man

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 19, 2020, 01:22:45 pm
Re: Ami. Wall box issues
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2015, 10:08:49 am »
Hello Joe1966,

Does the jukebox work correctly without the wallbox? or does it give the same effect.

The Wallbox signal goes through a stepper that is connected in series with the search unit (a simple example of how is wired). The Jukebox keyboard long plugor jones plug if an earlier jukebox plugs into the search unit. If a stepper is fitted to the jukebox then the loom from the keyboard goes to the stepper and anther loom goes from there to the search unit.

You could have issues if the stepper is a mechanical type, it may require the wiper assemblies striping down and cleaning and return springs checking.

My advice would be to fit an electronic stepper, the ones produced by Hazel Grove Music (HGM)
were the best. Usually the signal from the wallbox goes through a relay in a transformer (PL10B) that stops another selection being made from the jukebox or wallbox until the first signall has completed its selection. The AC Control on your wallbox is what controls this action.

Regards
Alan

Alan Hood
ami-man
UK