Arcade Collecting > Pinball

Is a Xenon project pinball worth $300?

(1/5) > >>

Neverending Project:
I might be able to get a Xenon pinball to work on as a restoration project for $300 delivered. It apparently is in poor condition (I haven't seen it), but one of the major reasons the guy thinks it is not worth restoring is because of the playfield. I know that Classic Playfields will be shipping their Xenon playfield in May for $498. In addition to the playfield being thrashed, the guy also mentioned that the legs are bad, coin door is dented, the glass piece on the backglass (not the part with the artwork) is missing, and there is some corrosion on the driver board.

Considering I can get the new repro-playfield, the rest seems like it is restorable. But I have never owned a pinball before, and I am not sure how much I am in for. He hemmed and hawed about the price when I offered him $200 delivered (I know for a fact that he just picked it up for $75) stating that he could sell the backglass alone for $100. I gave him my "I'll give you $200 to deliver today or forget it" line, and 10 minutes after he told me to call back in an hour, he called back to tell me he wanted to part it out.

So I ask you... should I up my price and keep pursuing? I am not even sure it is worth the hassle? Thanks in advance.

ChadTower:

Possibly $300 delivered if it is complete and the boards aren't too bad, but part of that price is definitely delivery.  Ask about the score displays, they are a big piece at that price.

Neverending Project:

--- Quote from: ChadTower on March 24, 2008, 04:05:19 pm ---
Possibly $300 delivered if it is complete and the boards aren't too bad, but part of that price is definitely delivery.  Ask about the score displays, they are a big piece at that price.

--- End quote ---
I think he mentioned that some of the displays needed work. Whether that means they need to be replaced or repaired I am not sure. What if 3 out of 4 need to be replaced?

And I agree about the delivery. Since I only have a mini-van, I would have to pay someone to deliver or rent a truck anyway.

ChadTower:

--- Quote from: Neverending Project on March 24, 2008, 04:08:03 pm ---Since I only have a mini-van, I would have to pay someone to deliver or rent a truck anyway.

--- End quote ---

Why?  Do the seats not come out? 

Neverending Project:

--- Quote from: ChadTower on March 24, 2008, 04:24:12 pm ---Why?  Do the seats not come out? 

--- End quote ---
They do, but I assumed that either the legs or the backbox would have to be disassembled, or both. I didn't know how much work this would be. This would be, afterall, my first pin.

What about the score displays? Easy to repair? Expensive to replace?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version