Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: **Tron Joystick Solution** Happ Triggerstick to Tron conversion  (Read 91904 times)

GaryMcT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 24, 2014, 11:19:27 am
    • GaryMcT's arcade blog
Re: **Tron Joystick Solution** Happ Triggerstick to Tron conversion
« Reply #40 on: February 01, 2010, 02:38:37 am »
Most excellent Bender, as usual.
My blog on learning how to develop FPGA versions of arcade boards: http://garymct.blogspot.com

DeLuSioNal29

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 20, 2023, 11:39:06 pm
  • Build the impossible -"There is no Spoon"
    • DeLuSioNaL's YouTube Videos
« Reply #41 on: October 11, 2010, 02:03:46 pm »
And with RandyT's New handles.... Perfect!
Hmm, a year later and I've finally re-read this.  Didn't realize his handles fit the Happ sticks.  Thought they were exclusively for the Tron stock sticks.

D
Stop by my Youtube channel and leave a comment:

Bender

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 28, 2016, 08:12:21 pm
    • Happ to Tron Conversion tutorial
« Reply #42 on: October 11, 2010, 09:06:06 pm »
I'm pretty sure the happs were molded(or modeled) after the Tron sticks so I'm pretty sure they fit, I'll double check and post back for you

chiLLbiLLy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 14, 2015, 11:42:53 pm
« Reply #43 on: July 09, 2011, 10:23:20 pm »

I'm currently installing the Tron restrictor from Encryptor (very fast service, btw...thanks, Encryptor!) and just wanted to clarify that, although I'm not sure why, as it all seems pretty uniform to me, the side stamped "Top" should face away from the mounting plate and should be in one of the two topmost corners of the stick...either the left or right upper corner, correct?  (see photo below)

The "top of the stick" being defined as when mounted, you're pushing away from your body, of course.

Just wanted to doublecheck, as I'm notorious for ripping things apart and then putting them back together, only to discover that I either oriented something incorrectly or forgot something else entirely.    :P

Bender

• Offline Offline
« Reply #44 on: July 10, 2011, 11:37:32 am »

I'm currently installing the Tron restrictor from Encryptor (very fast service, btw...thanks, Encryptor!) and just wanted to clarify that, although I'm not sure why, as it all seems pretty uniform to me, the side stamped "Top" should face away from the mounting plate and should be in one of the two topmost corners of the stick...either the left or right upper corner, correct?  (see photo below)

The "top of the stick" being defined as when mounted, you're pushing away from your body, of course.

Just wanted to doublecheck, as I'm notorious for ripping things apart and then putting them back together, only to discover that I either oriented something incorrectly or forgot something else entirely.    :P

I don't believe it matters as long as the "top" printing is facing up toward the handle

chiLLbiLLy

• Offline Offline
« Reply #45 on: July 10, 2011, 01:13:37 pm »
Ok, so I've got it wrong in my photo...shoulda known.  The restrictor needs to be flipped over, so the word "top" will be sitting up against the larger mounting plate.  In other words, you shouldn't see the word "top" in my photo.

Now it makes sense...there's no size difference amongst the inside corners of the restrictor, it's only from one flat side to the other, whereas one side appears to be slightly more angled and open than the other.

Thanks for the clarification, Bender!     :cheers:

Bender

• Offline Offline
« Reply #46 on: July 10, 2011, 04:34:11 pm »
Exactly!
I messed it up my first go too, as you can see in the photos
Thankfully Encryptor Set me straight

Gray_Area

• -Banned-
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 23, 2013, 06:52:30 pm
  • -Banned-
« Reply #47 on: July 10, 2011, 08:03:09 pm »
Are you using this restrictor only for Tron? If not, what is the affect in other 8-way flight stick games?
-Banned-

chiLLbiLLy

• Offline Offline
« Reply #48 on: July 11, 2011, 03:41:26 am »

Well, I was initially interested in this restrictor to be able to play the light cycle stages in Tron correctly, but like you, I had reservations about being able to play other 8-way flight stick games.  After reading Delusional's review, further back in this thread, I decided to go ahead and give it a try and so far, I must say that I'm pretty impressed and agree with Delusional's thoughts.  It doesn't limit your ability to hit diagonals...it just doesn't make it quite as easy as it was with the stock restrictor, which is a good thing.  Now so far, I've really only tested Tron, Gorf, Zaxxon and Mad Planets, but all of those have worked like a charm, diagonals and all!

I do need to test a few more trigger stick games, for variety, and I will report back on those, but so far, I'm very happy with the results.   :)

Speaking of, isn't there a fairly definitive list of trigger stick games around here somewhere?