Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Interesting Craigslist find.  (Read 33999 times)

FrizzleFried

• no one listens to me anyway.
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 30, 2023, 01:14:24 pm
    • Idaho Garagecade
Re: Interesting Craigslist find.
« Reply #40 on: March 11, 2008, 06:10:18 pm »
I sincerely wish someone could prove there's such as thing as ghosts. You would think that with all those camer'as out there and the easy way people can commmunicate these day there would be solid proof by now. I would love to see something supernatural  :dunno
http://www.aetv.com/paranormal-state/

That show is so full of crap...

Visit my arcade blog at: www.idahogaragecade.com (Updated 10-28-21)

TelcoLou

• Four score and seven years ago our fathers brought forth on this continent, a new nation
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 14, 2010, 01:28:19 am
  • Playing video games since 1977
« Reply #41 on: March 11, 2008, 06:15:11 pm »
I sincerely wish someone could prove there's such as thing as ghosts. You would think that with all those camer'as out there and the easy way people can commmunicate these day there would be solid proof by now. I would love to see something supernatural  :dunno

Why?
So a leper walks into a bar and as he gets his beer, a finger falls off. The bartender who is serving him turns and pukes all over the place. The leper, feeling bad, says, "Was it my finger falling off?" The bartender turns to him and says, "No, it's the guy dipping chips into your back."

ChadTower

• Chief Kicker - Nobody's perfect, including me. Fantastic body.
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 19, 2022, 12:01:54 pm
« Reply #42 on: March 11, 2008, 06:19:34 pm »

Why?

I'm going to guess the fecal content.

JMB

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 20, 2023, 07:29:22 pm
« Reply #43 on: March 11, 2008, 08:21:52 pm »

Whomever gets the machine, let me know how it works out, and we can feature you on an episode.  (Yes, I work at A&E)

~ DeLuSioNaL

Is this your follow up post?
http://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/zip/603090640.html

stan2323

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 13, 2023, 06:05:19 pm
  • Major Retired USS Enterprise Commanding
    • My home page
« Reply #44 on: March 11, 2008, 08:44:11 pm »
I believe in ghosts.  In the house I grew up in had a ghost in it. 

To this day if I am alone in the house I hear foot steps up stairs.

The ghost was a good ghost.  When I was growing up in protected me.  It would cover me up at night.  It was cold in my room.  Frost would get 1/4 inch thick on the inside of the windows.  I never got stung by a wasp.  They would come in from the attic at night.  I would wake up with them on my face.  I fell down the stairs a lot but never got more than a bruise.  I heard all kind of foot steps and other sounds that were very different from the sounds that the house made while settling or creaking.  The house was the hotel that the stage coach stopped at over night when it went from Owego to Ithaca.  It is over 170 years old.   In the early 50s someone hung themselves in one of the closets upstairs.  I think it took care of me because I was born in the house. 
Careful what you wish for you may get it!!
There are 10 kind of people in the world those that understand binary and those that do not!!

tophatne1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 09, 2016, 12:05:15 am
« Reply #45 on: March 11, 2008, 11:29:49 pm »
I grew up in a 200 year old farm house near Saratoga,NY that I swear was haunted. The house was part of the underground railroad back in the day. It had all kinds of secret entrances, rooms, trap doors, hidden rooms in the basement (which had a dirt floor), etc.

Half the place was basically condemned. It's a 15 room house, but we only used about 6 rooms on 3/4's of the first floor. My bedroom just happened to be on the edge of the old condemned part. I had to leave a set off huge double doors open to that room because the wood stove that provided my heat was in there.

I heard many strange and and creepy things come from that room and the hallway behind it which lead up stairs. People talking, breathing, walking around, stuff rolling down the stairs... all kinds of stuff. I never saw anything but I didn't need too. The sounds were scary enough.

Some of the walls had holes in them which exposed old kids clothes, kids shoes, old fabric, newspapers, etc that were packed in for insulation in the early years. My step sister told me that there were people buried in the walls which freaked me out because of all the clothes you could see stuffed in the walls.

The house was also used during the battle of Saratoga for soldiers who were in the battle. A lot of wounded soldiers stayed and probably died there. If there's any ghosts I bet they are from that time period. I always though the sounds I heard from the basement at night were the ghosts of dead soldiers making noise.

On another note, one Historian in the area said most likely George Washington spent some time there which is kind of cool.

The secret passages were neat! You could go into a closet and come out on the complete other side of the house. The trap doors always freaked me out though because you could feel where they were under the carpet and I knew they led to the basement rooms.

I haven't been there in like 20 years. I'd like to go back and see if it's still as creepy as I remember. It appears to be in the same condition.

Just kind of rambling here, but this thread got me thinking about the old place.

Here's a picture I took of it when I was in 6th grade photography class back in '86.

protokatie

• I DO try to be insulting and horrible to my fellow Terran
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 27, 2012, 09:36:43 pm
  • Is anyone here a member of team retard?
« Reply #46 on: March 12, 2008, 12:16:51 am »
(Yes, I work at A&E)

Did you ever get to meet Jack Perkins? He used to own a summer house on the island north of the island I live on, until he gave the property to Acadia National park. Once when I was trespa... erm exploring his island as a teen, he drove by me in a truck going towards his property...
--- Yes I AM doing this on purpose, and yes I DO realize it is pissing you off.

---If my computers were cats, my place would look like an old widows house, with half of the cats having obvious health problems

ptistheboss

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 14, 2008, 04:43:33 pm
« Reply #47 on: March 12, 2008, 05:46:10 am »

Why?

Because ghosts aren't real?

DeLuSioNal29

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 20, 2023, 11:39:06 pm
  • Build the impossible -"There is no Spoon"
    • DeLuSioNaL's YouTube Videos
« Reply #48 on: March 12, 2008, 12:04:23 pm »
(Yes, I work at A&E)

Did you ever get to meet Jack Perkins? He used to own a summer house on the island north of the island I live on, until he gave the property to Acadia National park. Once when I was trespa... erm exploring his island as a teen, he drove by me in a truck going towards his property...
Yes, I did meet him.  We usually met the talent at the annual company christmas parties.  I've also met Bill Kurtis, Harry Smith (now at CBS), Giselle Fernandez, Josh Bernstein (now at Discovery Channel) among others.  I once bumped into Marc Summers one time who hosted "History IQ" (he was the guy from Double-Dare on Nickelodeon) LOL.

Getting back to Jack Perkins, I once made a trip to Maine in the Acadia National Park region (Bar Harbor) and I remember seeing a local nature video of some sort that was hosted by him.  I thought it was hilarious. (On reflection - I should have bought the video and brought it back to work to show him and others - Oh well).

~ DeLuSioNaL
Stop by my Youtube channel and leave a comment:

Gehrig

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 11, 2009, 12:21:06 pm
« Reply #49 on: March 12, 2008, 12:48:23 pm »
I too saw this on craiglist Monday.  I emailed and got no response.  Then I noticed another listing for Ms Pac-Man which seems to have been taken down.   It noted that there was a Ms Pac-Man for sale for $650 and that they could deliver it anywhere in boston Tuesday morning.  Sounds like it was promised to someone who was trying to turn it around for a profit.

Nothing like selling an arcade game you haven't even seen before.

milhouse

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 02, 2023, 08:03:32 pm
« Reply #50 on: March 12, 2008, 06:53:09 pm »

FrizzleFried

• Offline Offline
    • Idaho Garagecade
« Reply #51 on: March 12, 2008, 07:06:40 pm »

Why?

Thanks for saying what shouldn't have been necessary to say.  If ghosts were real there would be scientific evidence of it.  There is not.  If you have indisputable proof that ghosts exist,  please point me in the direction... Again...INDISPUTABLE PROOF that was gathered in a scientific manor,  not some grainy footage taken by some drunk back in `76. 

I classify ghosts in the same category as I classify God, Santa Claus,  The Tooth Fair,  and The Easter Bunny.  No one has provided indisputable proof of any of it.

TelcoLou

• Four score and seven years ago our fathers brought forth on this continent, a new nation
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 14, 2010, 01:28:19 am
  • Playing video games since 1977
« Reply #52 on: March 12, 2008, 07:18:10 pm »

Why?

Thanks for saying what shouldn't have been necessary to say.  If ghosts were real there would be scientific evidence of it.  There is not.  If you have indisputable proof that ghosts exist,  please point me in the direction... Again...INDISPUTABLE PROOF that was gathered in a scientific manor,  not some grainy footage taken by some drunk back in `76. 

I classify ghosts in the same category as I classify God, Santa Claus,  The Tooth Fair,  and The Easter Bunny.  No one has provided indisputable proof of any of it.

Uh huh. Well thanks for bringing up your religious beliefs, or lack thereof.  :P

As for the cab, looks like the listing went missing;

This posting has been flagged for removal
So a leper walks into a bar and as he gets his beer, a finger falls off. The bartender who is serving him turns and pukes all over the place. The leper, feeling bad, says, "Was it my finger falling off?" The bartender turns to him and says, "No, it's the guy dipping chips into your back."

protokatie

• I DO try to be insulting and horrible to my fellow Terran
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 27, 2012, 09:36:43 pm
  • Is anyone here a member of team retard?
« Reply #53 on: March 12, 2008, 08:32:24 pm »
Getting back to Jack Perkins, I once made a trip to Maine in the Acadia National Park region (Bar Harbor) and I remember seeing a local nature video of some sort that was hosted by him.  I thought it was hilarious. (On reflection - I should have bought the video and brought it back to work to show him and others - Oh well).

Cool, I think I have seen that vid playing in some of the tourist shops here (I live in Bar Harbor) but I try to avoid the touristy stuff, and try to avoid tourists at all cost and as thus havent bought it. It's funny, Jack Perkins moved away, and then the next year Martha Stuart moved her summer home to NorthEast harbor (the town next to Bar harbor). It sucks, we lost a good resident only to have him replaced by MS.... :< But atleast she bought a boat from the boatyard my stepfather works at :/
--- Yes I AM doing this on purpose, and yes I DO realize it is pissing you off.

---If my computers were cats, my place would look like an old widows house, with half of the cats having obvious health problems

fixedpigs

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 05, 2022, 04:56:10 pm
  • warning: drew can't handle my avatar...
« Reply #54 on: March 12, 2008, 09:45:46 pm »

hey now frizz...

i go to the tooth fair every year...it's awesome...!
i come home with enough free toothbrushes & dental floss that lasts me until the next fair... 8)

pmc

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 20, 2023, 07:43:02 am
    • website
« Reply #55 on: March 12, 2008, 11:08:48 pm »
Awe don't go talking smack about the easter bunny. Dude brings us candy.

-pmc

RandyT

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 26, 2024, 03:33:28 pm
  • Friends don't let friends hack keyboards.
    • GroovyGameGear.com
« Reply #56 on: March 13, 2008, 12:54:22 am »
Add me to the list of skeptics.  This is someone's idea of a prank, probably sparked by the abundance of want ads for "nearly free" arcade machines on Craigslist.  We all know that the machine would've lasted only minutes after being posted if it was legit.  He just strung people along to keep the dialog going before "awarding" the machine to someone who would then corroborate the myth. 

I have two machines sitting right behind me as I work and see shadows flitting about in my periphery.  But they don't usually start until the 3rd pot of coffee and 20hours without sleep.  Any ghosts connected with these cabinets are just the ghosts of a lost era.

RandyT
« Last Edit: March 13, 2008, 03:01:21 am by RandyT »

Singapura

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 24, 2015, 08:43:05 pm
  • I, for one welcome our new insect overlords!
« Reply #57 on: March 13, 2008, 01:34:26 am »

There is a Tooth Fair in Vermont every Sunday  ;) For the rest, I couldn't agree more. With all the digital camera's, CCTV's and means of instant communication out there you would expect some iron clad proof would have surfaced by now.

You would expect that a hoaxer would use something original and not take an idea from a CSI episode. http://www.csifiles.com/reviews/csi/swap_meet.shtml
« Last Edit: March 13, 2008, 01:46:17 am by Singapura »
Wish list: Galaga, Pacman, Pooyan, Star Wars cockpit, Gauntlet, Tron

And the Lord spake, saying, 'First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then, shalt thou count to three. No more. No less. Three shalt be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, nor either count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three.

tetsu96

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 11, 2009, 10:53:24 pm
  • MAME On...
    • My Old Cabinet / MAME32 build site
« Reply #58 on: March 13, 2008, 02:43:21 am »
A rumor no more, it's obviously quite haunted just by looking at the ghosts / Ms Pac Man.  And there is a 5th ghost.

If you believe the video / description.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSY4-LZT5e4[/youtube]
« Last Edit: March 13, 2008, 02:46:00 am by tetsu96 »

tetsu96

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 11, 2009, 10:53:24 pm
  • MAME On...
    • My Old Cabinet / MAME32 build site
« Reply #59 on: March 13, 2008, 02:44:29 am »
(Think Kotaku would appreciate the linkage?).
« Last Edit: March 13, 2008, 02:46:53 am by tetsu96 »

Jeff AMN

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 25, 2017, 05:26:24 pm
    • Gamer Theory
« Reply #60 on: March 13, 2008, 03:56:26 am »

I think I would have appreciated Kotaku linking to me since I had the story a day earlier (and the follow up earlier...). Ah well. I don't really care, it's not the first time Kotaku has ripped off a story of mine, and it definitely won't be the last.
http://www.CoinOpShippers.com - The lowest rates on pinball and arcade shipping in the USA.
http://GamerTheory.com - Video Game News, Reviews, Editorials, and Contests
http://www.thepinballpodcast.com/ - The Pinball Podcast - Two Pinheads Talking Pinball

wana10

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 27, 2016, 09:44:04 pm
« Reply #61 on: March 13, 2008, 05:15:58 am »

I think I would have appreciated Kotaku linking to me since I had the story a day earlier (and the follow up earlier...). Ah well. I don't really care, it's not the first time Kotaku has ripped off a story of mine, and it definitely won't be the last.

my bad...i sent in the tip to kotaku pointing them to this thread and the craigslist posting. thought it was an interesting story and thought others in the video game community might get a kick out of it. didn't mean to step on anyone's toes. :-[

barrel_hopper

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 18, 2013, 01:53:28 am
« Reply #62 on: March 13, 2008, 08:16:57 am »
I have had in interest in the paranormal for quite some time. If this is not made up BS that does not sound like a human spirit in that machine. It has all the makings of a demonic haunt.

With that being said it would be kinda cool to say "honey the ms pac man machine is bleeding again!"

seriously though I watch alot of a haunting paranormal state and ghost hunters plus do a lot of reading. I have never seen anything to make me believe in real life but there has been some interesting footage so I have a feeling this stuff could be real.

When I got my DK JR machine I was worried if maybe is was haunted LOL. Seems fine to me. It ain't haunted but it is sure as hell mean!

Human spirits are one thing but a demon is not to toy around with.

Jeff AMN

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 25, 2017, 05:26:24 pm
    • Gamer Theory
« Reply #63 on: March 13, 2008, 09:33:13 am »
nm
http://www.CoinOpShippers.com - The lowest rates on pinball and arcade shipping in the USA.
http://GamerTheory.com - Video Game News, Reviews, Editorials, and Contests
http://www.thepinballpodcast.com/ - The Pinball Podcast - Two Pinheads Talking Pinball

ChadTower

• Offline Offline
« Reply #64 on: March 13, 2008, 09:37:58 am »

RayB

• I'm not wearing pants! HA!
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 24, 2024, 12:00:13 am
  • There's my post
    • RayB.com
« Reply #65 on: March 13, 2008, 04:40:25 pm »
I'm glad someone brought up Paranormal State. That show is just for entertainment purposes. You'd have to be very gullible to believe anything in it is "real". They never really find anything substantial. They add tons of sound effects, so why wouldn't it be edited for dramatic effect too? That so called medium they use so much, he's an ACTOR who transferred his acting skills into pretending to talk to ghosts. His lengthy biography is on IMDB.

And isn't it just a wee bit odd that all the ghosts are catholic??! Oh I forgot, christianity is the one true religion right? And I guess the only way to deal with ghosts or "demons" is to use the catholic offshoot of it. IT ALL MAKES SENSE NOW!

It's one thing to be "open minded" but just remember that being open to ANYTHING and EVERYTHING, just because you know NOTHING, is equivalent to why 5 year olds can be taught to believe ANYTHING. It's also why so many cons like "Q-Ray" bracelets exist and make huge profits. Ignorance + so called open-mindedness. People tell themselves "Well it MIGHT work. I don't know enough about the science to say it doesn't! Why would they lie?"

Develope your critical thinking skills people!  Creepy + old + long history != ghost. Being too closed-minded is no good, but being too open-minded is equally no good.
NO MORE!!

DeLuSioNal29

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 20, 2023, 11:39:06 pm
  • Build the impossible -"There is no Spoon"
    • DeLuSioNaL's YouTube Videos
« Reply #66 on: March 13, 2008, 04:50:27 pm »
Stop by my Youtube channel and leave a comment:

Singapura

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 24, 2015, 08:43:05 pm
  • I, for one welcome our new insect overlords!
« Reply #67 on: March 14, 2008, 02:17:33 am »
All shows about paranormal phenomena are for entertainment purposes only. The point is that I would like to see some scientific proof. Off course there's no scientific principle that supports anything like ghosts. There's lots of interesting reading material on that. For instance, why do ghosts wear clothes? Do pants and shirts have souls too? And why are your shoes not surrounded by the ghosts of cows?
Wish list: Galaga, Pacman, Pooyan, Star Wars cockpit, Gauntlet, Tron

And the Lord spake, saying, 'First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then, shalt thou count to three. No more. No less. Three shalt be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, nor either count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three.

barrel_hopper

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 18, 2013, 01:53:28 am
« Reply #68 on: March 14, 2008, 06:28:41 am »
We live on a big rock that is floating in the middle of infinite outer space. I don't understand why it is so hard to believe in something like ghosts.

Look around you...the fact that we as humans even exist. I mean someone or something that we cant see put us here. How far fetched it is to believe that maybe when you die sometimes you "cross over" just because you don't have a physical body does not mean you cant influence things.

If you ask me the notion of out very existence in pretty crazy. You know that thing that is responsible for day light. It is a huge ball of burning gas that is millions of miles away that we orbit around. I am pretty sure just cause I can see that does not make it any less amazing.

There are some many "crazy" things around us that we just take as normal if you think about it.

Justin Z

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 15, 2024, 10:53:05 am
« Reply #69 on: March 14, 2008, 12:02:21 pm »
There is overwhelming evidence for the majority of the things you just listed, so I'm not sure how thinking "wow, that's pretty crazy" should have anything to do with the likelyhood that ghosts exist.  Is it just because that "would be pretty crazy?"

Are unicorns, leprechauns and cerberus likely to exist simply because it "would be pretty crazy" if they did?

Besides which, your point seems to be that the fact that we're even here is against all odds.  Okay, fine.  But then you immediately state "someone or something that we can't see put us here."  So you start by calling upon the unlikelyhood of our existence as a reason to believe in unlikely things, but then immediately posit that someone or something put us here.  How much more complex than we mere humans must such a being be in order to have the creative power to put us here?  How much more unlikely is it, then, for that thing to have existed in the first place?  It's an infinite regress.

So I'm not really sure I follow where you're going with your post.

ChadTower

• Offline Offline
« Reply #70 on: March 14, 2008, 12:07:47 pm »
There is overwhelming evidence for the majority of the things you just listed

Which things and where is the overwhelming evidence?

ahofle

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 30, 2023, 05:10:22 pm
    • Arcade Ambience Project
« Reply #71 on: March 14, 2008, 01:35:28 pm »
I think he means us living on a big rock in space, orbiting around a sun which is made out of burning gas, etc.

FrizzleFried

• Offline Offline
    • Idaho Garagecade
« Reply #72 on: March 14, 2008, 02:35:11 pm »
I think he means us living on a big rock in space, orbiting around a sun which is made out of burning gas, etc.

Oh yeah...that is overwhelming evidence for sure...

MaximRecoil

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 12, 2022, 09:50:44 pm
« Reply #73 on: March 14, 2008, 03:14:53 pm »
If ghosts were real there would be scientific evidence of it.

Your statement here is not a fact.

First of all, your claim is tantamount to saying that at this point, no further scientific discoveries are possible; because everything that is real must already have scientific evidence of it.

Secondly, your statement presumes that everything that exists is consistently detectable by one or more of the 5 human senses (whether directly or aided by manmade tools). What an inexplicable coincidence that would be. It would be as if everything had to undergo a "human senses compatibility test" before being allowed to exist.

I classify ghosts in the same category as I classify God, Santa Claus,  The Tooth Fair,  and The Easter Bunny.

"God", or, a "first mover" has to exist, or has to have once existed at least. Logic demands it. If there was ever nothing, there would still be nothing; by default. So "God" doesn't exactly fit into your list. "Ghosts" don't fit into your list either, simply by virtue of millions of sincere adult witnesses.

While there is no concrete evidence that "ghosts" exist; a lack of scientific evidence does not in any way preclude their existence, like you seem to think.

ChadTower

• Offline Offline
« Reply #74 on: March 14, 2008, 03:17:06 pm »

You don't get to redefine is either.

FrizzleFried

• Offline Offline
    • Idaho Garagecade
« Reply #75 on: March 14, 2008, 03:20:31 pm »
You are correct that Ghosts haven't been DISPROVED...as God hasn't been DISPROVED...but neither have been proven either.  So yes,  they are the same as Santa Claus,  The Easter Bunny,  and The Tooth Fairy because they too haven't been DISPROVED either.

...and no,  I tend to believe there was never a "knowing God"...if you are talking about an energy source that is one thing...but a self-aware creator?  Doubtful.

Justin Z

• Offline Offline
« Reply #76 on: March 14, 2008, 03:27:53 pm »
There is overwhelming evidence for the majority of the things you just listed

Which things and where is the overwhelming evidence?

Quote from: ahofle
Yeah, exactly, sorry I wasn't clear on that.

To sum up: Lots of evidence for us living on a near-spherical planet in empty space that orbits around a large, 20 million degree, near-sphere of hydrogen and helium; ghosts, not so much, despite the "craziness" of both ideas.

Justin Z

• Offline Offline
« Reply #77 on: March 14, 2008, 03:31:58 pm »
"God", or, a "first mover" has to exist, or has to have once existed at least. Logic demands it. If there was ever nothing, there would still be nothing; by default. So "God" doesn't exactly fit into your list. "Ghosts" don't fit into your list either, simply by virtue of millions of sincere adult witnesses.
Why?

Is it necessary that for there ever to have been something, that something else must have "created" it?

If so, you are forced to explain the existence of something infinitely more complex than the universe.  To use something more complex than the universe, like a "first" mover, to explain the existence and complexity of the universe has put you at an even more difficult place than when you started: Explaining what caused the "first" mover.  So I suggest you rethink your position.

MaximRecoil

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 12, 2022, 09:50:44 pm
« Reply #78 on: March 14, 2008, 03:32:40 pm »

You don't get to redefine is either.

You don't quite have the hang of that, do you? BTW, what happened to your plan of not replying to any of my posts ever again?

You are correct that Ghosts haven't been DISPROVED...as God hasn't been DISPROVED...but neither have been proven either.  So yes,  they are the same as Santa Claus,  The Easter Bunny,  and The Tooth Fairy because they too haven't been DISPROVED either.

That's a pretty trivial point of comparison. There is a ton of circumstantial/anecdotal evidence to support the existence of "ghosts", while essentially no adult that is not mentally-handicapped is even suggesting that  "Santa Claus,  The Easter Bunny,  and The Tooth Fairy" are real, no more than anyone is suggesting that Rocky Balboa or Darth Vader are real. You are trying to trivialize something that there is much sincere debate over, by comparing it to fairy tales that are known to have been intentionally made-up.

ChadTower

• Offline Offline
« Reply #79 on: March 14, 2008, 03:34:46 pm »
You don't quite have the hang of that, do you? BTW, what happened to your plan of not replying to any of my posts ever again?

You don't get to redefine my plan.  You clearly don't understand my plan.