Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: PARANORMAL WITNESS  (Read 1303 times)

Cimran86

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 07, 2013, 12:37:00 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
PARANORMAL WITNESS
« on: September 26, 2013, 06:31:30 am »
HELLO!

I'm a producer on SyFy's Paranormal Witness. I am looking to find out more about the Haunted Ms Pac-Man Cabinet to potentially feature in one of our shows. Who would be the best person to talk to about this?

Thanks,
Cimran

jdbailey1206

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 11, 2023, 01:32:56 pm
  • No. It's your top score on Pole Position.
Re: PARANORMAL WITNESS
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2013, 06:53:22 am »
Last time I checked Ms Pac Man had four ghosts.  But after an EXHAUSTED search I found this.  And why are you reposting from dead threads?
« Last Edit: September 26, 2013, 06:55:43 am by jdbailey1206 »

Cimran86

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2013, 07:32:58 am »
Hi JD,

Thanks for this. I've checked it out and sent the user an email. I'm still a bit of a novice when it comes to posting on forums so didn't realise it was a 'dead thread'! Though i did clock it was pretty old... still worth a shot!

Thanks for your help, hopefully I can track who owns this cabinet!

Cimran

Rick

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 09, 2023, 01:16:55 pm
  • Bartop, Cocktail and Pinball Arcade Cabinets
    • Gameroom Designs Canada
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2013, 08:19:21 am »
Hi Cimran,

As you can probably well imagine, you're going to run into huge amounts of skepticism - both from the request itself, as well as your identity as a Producer for a TV Show. Would you be able to provide proof of your identity, possibly by a link to Twitter or other means? I think this would go a long way to establish a bit of credibility to your request.

As I'm sure you understand, people would probably be a bit more forthcoming with information if they didn't think your request was some kind of prank.

jdbailey1206

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 11, 2023, 01:32:56 pm
  • No. It's your top score on Pole Position.
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2013, 08:26:52 am »
Hi Cimran,

As you can probably well imagine, you're going to run into huge amounts of skepticism - both from the request itself, as well as your identity as a Producer for a TV Show. Would you be able to provide proof of your identity, possibly by a link to Twitter or other means? I think this would go a long way to establish a bit of credibility to your request.

As I'm sure you understand, people would probably be a bit more forthcoming with information if they didn't think your request was some kind of prank.

Hey!  Who let the level headed, adult in?   ;D

Rick

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 09, 2023, 01:16:55 pm
  • Bartop, Cocktail and Pinball Arcade Cabinets
    • Gameroom Designs Canada
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2013, 08:33:33 am »
Hey!  Who let the level headed, adult in?   ;D

I know, I know. But hey, I'm the guy building the haunted cab, right? The Doom one, that's going to spit fire and blow smoke when you least expect it?

:D

After reading the horror that was the "Haunted Pac-Man" thread, and actually researching Cimran86 himself (as it looks fairly legit to me), I wanted to offer that 'olive branch' that says to visitors "you're going to get some good-natured ribbing, but hey, we're all nice guys here - don't be frightened".

Cimran86

• Offline Offline
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2013, 09:13:50 am »
Hi Rick,

Thanks for the advice! Yes, of course, happy to provide proof (foolish of me to not put my email contact down anyway...)

My email is cimran.shah@raw.co.uk
My twitter page can be found here: https://twitter.com/cimran86
And for some more proof here's my linkedin! http://www.linkedin.com/pub/cimran-shah/47/548/ba8

Here's a link to Raw - the company I work for: http://www.raw.co.uk/

I'm preparing myself for some ribbing... it would be great to get hold of the previous owners of the haunted pac-man - if anyone knows anything useful do get in touch!

C

DGP

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 29, 2019, 05:25:09 pm
  • Gamer4Life
    • My Toys...
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2013, 06:22:51 am »
I have what appears to be a haunted Scramble cab (with an attitude). I think it's po'd that it is currently running as a multi-cade and it likes to screw with me.

I have been seeking a reasonable cost 100% working Scramble PCB with power supply in order to restore it and see if the frequent oddities continue (I have all the other original parts other than joystick and buttons, wiring is still in there).

It also appears very jealous of the Neo MVS cab sitting next to it as it often attempts to One-Up the MVS by running the same game even though it has thousands to pick from (the MVS has 161 games and we often cycle through them).

The first two weeks it was up & running Scramble would come up 'random' (out of thousands) about 3 to 4 times out of 10 (running maximus arcade front end set to rotate games every few minutes).

I hear all kinds of odd noises at night coming from where it sits that I never heard in the house previously (it's a light plywood based Stern cab with an LCD in it so not very heavy at all).

I am honestly concerned with what it may attempt next and have installed a smoke alarm inside the cab.

Needless to say I have to play Scramble often to keep it content.

Jason
« Last Edit: September 27, 2013, 06:24:49 am by DGP »
Multi-Cade x2 (full size and bar top) / 3 screen Virtual Pin