Main > Monitor/Video Forum

How to use SCART for our hobby

<< < (2/93) > >>

Mr Wilson:
try'd the lead with no power to it,just to see if it worked and got nothing except  sound turned off pc connected s-video back up turned it on and i only get the boot up screen then it goes blank tried vga to old monitor same thing have i f*cked up my graphics card??? :angry:

FhM:
Have you tried booting to safe mode by pressing F8 during boot just to rule out a software problem? Oh and do you have to run at 15khz to use this cable?

Level42:
Yes If you see the boot-up screen it sounds to me like you're not running a tool like Soft-15kHz (http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=66402.0) to have the VGA card run at 15 kHz. If you're not using this (or an ArcadeVGA card) the TV will probably shut down to protect itself because it detects out of spec (too high) syncing frequencies.

ahofle:
This is a great guide and should be stickied (or at least added to the wiki)!   :cheers:
It also makes me mad that US televisions don't have an SCART port.  :hissy:

Level42:

--- Quote from: ahofle on March 10, 2008, 07:46:34 pm ---This is a great guide and should be stickied (or at least added to the wiki)!   :cheers:
It also makes me mad that US televisions don't have an SCART port.  :hissy:

--- End quote ---

Thanks, and indeed, you should be angry.....:D
On the other hand, this single advantage that we have overhere never will outweigh all the advantages that you guys in the US have in this hobby...

I'm always prepared to ship a European TV with SCART (and I'l MAKE the cable for you) if you ship me back a nice Ms.Pac Man upright :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version