Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Is my monitor dead?  (Read 1511 times)

nakeworks

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 26, 2020, 09:49:37 pm
Is my monitor dead?
« on: October 26, 2020, 08:45:29 pm »
It seems like the color on my monitor went out. It’s not a problem with the settings on the computer because I tried another monitor and it worked fine. It’s a Dell computer monitor that runs through HDMI. I have tried changing the HDMI cable and the power cable with no improvement. Has anybody seen this before? I’ve never had a monitor die on me so I just want to make sure before I throw it out.
Thriller baby

newmanfamilyvlogs

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 15, 2022, 05:20:38 pm
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,103584.msg1096585.html#msg1096585
    • Newman Family Vlogs
Re: Is my monitor dead?
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2020, 09:26:48 am »
I think that's an issue with the LCD controller board. You can get universal drivers for LCD panels like this:
https://www.amazon.com/Controller-LP140WH1-LP156WH2-1366x768-40Pins/dp/B06X9SYFGM/

You'll need to look up the specific panel in your monitor for the pin count and resolution and make sure the controller board supports that, but they all seem to be around that $25ish point.