Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: ?'s about a batch converter for my video previews and MaLa slow to display them  (Read 1918 times)

mrclean

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 10, 2022, 08:30:36 am
  • World Record Holder for Gun Smoke Dedicated & MAME
    • Guscade
My question is that on certain video previews they load up instantly, while others are loading up very slow.. my video preview pack for N64 loads up nice and fast, without any lag, I'll scroll to the game within the MaLa front end and they load up instantly... However ; this is not the case with my NES set.. Rather they will come up.. but they take an average of 8-10 seconds sometimes more.. I know this sounds minor, however its annoying me! So my question was is their software out their that i can download for free and use a batch converter for the videos which i believe are all currently xvid, into some other format? I'll need to to retain the file names of course to correspond with the rom names.  I uninstalled divix and did a fresh install on xvid i dont get it.. when i had mamewah working i never had this "delay" with the video previews .. the odd thing is that its not ALL the sets just some sets/ like i said N64 is workinging flawlessly.. NES slugish to load, any help is apreciated
2,370,650 Gun.Smoke

headkaze

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 14, 2023, 02:00:48 am
  • 0x2b|~0x2b?
There is a program called "AVIcodec" that can give you info about what codecs a video file uses. It might help you locate what codec your having issues with.

mrclean

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 10, 2022, 08:30:36 am
  • World Record Holder for Gun Smoke Dedicated & MAME
    • Guscade
There is a program called "AVIcodec" that can give you info about what codecs a video file uses. It might help you locate what codec your having issues with.

I need a program to convert the files and retain the original names.. ive done this before in adobe image ready, I created a batch file, which "compressed" all my photos/ I wanna do the same thing but with the videos any one know of that type of software?
2,370,650 Gun.Smoke

headkaze

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 14, 2023, 02:00:48 am
  • 0x2b|~0x2b?
I need a program to convert the files and retain the original names.. ive done this before in adobe image ready, I created a batch file, which "compressed" all my photos/ I wanna do the same thing but with the videos any one know of that type of software?

I understand what your asking here, but it might be the codec that is the problem and would save you converting all your videos.

For batch converting videos check out VirtualDub, along with "VirtualDub Batch Assistant" or "VirtualDub Batch Job Maker".