Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: RandyT needs your ideas! Spinner artwork opportunity  (Read 1222 times)

Lutus

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 23, 2012, 10:58:10 am
  • "I love my Power Glove. It's so BAD!"
RandyT needs your ideas! Spinner artwork opportunity
« on: February 21, 2008, 03:38:48 pm »
http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=76931.0

This was posted over in the Main forum but wanted to direct you guys to it.

Let the mockups begin... :cheers:

This idea has been kicking around awhile, and we just got the equipment and materials in to do it properly.  I'm pleased with the result, so I had to show it off 

This is a variation of the TokenTop knob designed for the TurboTwist2 Spinner.  It has all the same features (Accu-Twist, solid stainless construction, etc.) but instead of the inlaid token, it features a translucent graphic which captures the light reflected from the underlying spun metallic surface of the knob.  The image is heat and pressure bonded into the surface of the outdoor grade vinyl substrate, and is therefore very durable and scratch / moisture / UV resistant.

The "Web Beast" design was sent to me quite some while ago by PoDunkMoFo and is just one of several designs that are planned.  I'd like to offer a good selection of designs, so I'm looking for suggestions on what type of artwork you would like to see on a spinner knob.

I'd also like to mention to any control panel manufacturers out there that we'd be happy to provide a custom version (company logos, etc) for small quantities of these at no extra charge.

Thanks for taking the time to check it out and I look forward to hearing any comments.

RandyT
« Last Edit: February 21, 2008, 03:45:09 pm by Lutus »
-----------------------------
www.justin.tv/lutus8
www.encoreinstruction.com <-- for my fellow musicians