Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: HARDDRIVE LIGHT ON ALL THE TIME  (Read 1358 times)

06attaker

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 11, 2016, 03:39:39 pm
HARDDRIVE LIGHT ON ALL THE TIME
« on: February 13, 2008, 10:33:42 am »
I HAVE A PENTIUM 3 WITH 30 GIG HARDDRIVE AND LITTLE OVER 300 MEG RAM AND HAVE ABOUT 200 GAMES ON IT WITH WINDOWS XP.  EVERYTHING WORKS BUT THE HARDDRIVE LIGHTS STAYS ON ALL THE TIME AND THE FLOPPY DRIVE FLICKERS WHEN LOADING GAMES BUT THERE IS NO DISK IN THERE.  ANY INFO PLEASE?????

THANK YOU!!!!!1

Hoopz

• Don't brand me a troublemaker!
  • Trade Count: (+8)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 09, 2024, 02:36:26 pm
  • Intellivision Rocks!
Re: HARDDRIVE LIGHT ON ALL THE TIME
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2008, 10:43:32 am »
Sounds serious.  It may be affecting your keyboard also.  Does it make your Caps lock stay on too?

:)

May be something with your hard drive, the lack of ram for running XP and the page file etc.  I wouldn't worry about it too much.  I'd remove the floppy drive altogether if you don't have a need for it.

Edit: Typo
« Last Edit: February 13, 2008, 11:06:47 am by HooPZ »

Dazz

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 30, 2024, 10:34:39 am
  • HyperSpin Team
    • VPUniverse
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2008, 11:02:59 am »
What is a floppy drive?  I've not seen one of those in years...  I'd worry more about the stuck CAPS LOCK key on the keyboard that is the bigger issue.

Seriously though... this simply sounds like the case LED wires connecting to the motherboard are switched around.  Check your motherboard diagrams and look at the power button/case led/hdd led wires and make sure they are going to the correct terminals on the motherboard.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2008, 11:21:35 am by Dazz »

kegger

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 10, 2011, 10:59:14 am
  • There are no unsingable songs....
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2008, 03:42:42 pm »
What is a floppy drive?  I've not seen one of those in years...  I'd worry more about the stuck CAPS LOCK key on the keyboard that is the bigger issue.

Seriously though... this simply sounds like the case LED wires connecting to the motherboard are switched around.  Check your motherboard diagrams and look at the power button/case led/hdd led wires and make sure they are going to the correct terminals on the motherboard.

That's what it sounds like to me too...

Encryptor

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 21, 2023, 08:01:18 pm
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2008, 04:18:01 pm »

I would agree. It sounds like the led wires are swapped. If that's the case the floppy light will stay on if the floppy data cable is on back words.

Encryptor

TheShanMan

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 16, 2023, 03:35:12 pm
    • My Arcade (updated 1/30/13)
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2008, 06:24:52 pm »
Does it make your Caps lock stay on too?

:laugh2:
My Collection: Mame cab, 38 dedicated vids, pin, skeeball, coin op air hockey table, Ice Cold Beer, Megatouch, 2 token machines, and payphone (VAPS, pics at Arcade Crusade)

Add Ambience to your mame cab setup