Main > Monitor/Video Forum

Cap Kit Install Videos - Informational

(1/8) > >>

WunderCade:
A big thanks goes out to the guys on the forums (p1899m) who took the time to make these. Thanks.  :cheers:

Disclaimer: These video clips are informational only, YOU PROCEED AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION, RISK AND LIABILITY, these guys are not purporting to be experts. No assurances are implied. 

CAUTION - HIGH VOLTAGE RISK: Discharging a Monitor

Installing the Caps:

Additional Cap Install:

[Youtube links fixed]

Lutus:
Sweet mercy.  This should be stickied.  I can't count the number of posts that say "I am afraid of discharging".

Come to think of it... arcade owners aren't the only ones that say that exact phrase.   :laugh2:

Thanks for giving us a topic with some videos so we (the collective) don't have to explain cap kit installation a bazillion times.

ChadTower:

--- Quote from: Lutus on February 11, 2008, 02:20:07 pm ---Sweet mercy.  This should be stickied.  I can't count the number of posts that say "I am afraid of discharging".
--- End quote ---

Mostly followed immediately by "I'm afraid of the liability of a discharging document bearing my name getting out there... so there are no formal instructions".   Real or imagined, the potential for someone getting it wrong and suing is a large reason why there has never been a good web page on discharging a monitor.

Neilyboy:
awesome vids!! that kinda makes me want to cap my donkey kong ez monitor since thats what he was doing there.. but im the kinda guy who always says.. if its not broke dont fix it.. dang it i may have to do that this spring.. thanks a ton for the videos its very informative.

Neil

Lutus:
Capping CAN be dangerous absolutely but like GI Joe always said... "Knowing is half the battle!"

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version