Arcade Collecting > Pinball

Pinball - Buy Older Classic Or Newer Model

(1/13) > >>

JeepMonkey:
I am looking to upgrade to a nicer pinball machine.  What I am trying to decide is if I would rather have a slightly older machine that is a classic, or a newer model.  Just for example, I am looking at possibly an Addam's Family or a South Park (among others).

So for the same budget, would you prefer an older classic or a newer model?

ChadTower:
Highly depends on what is available, in what shape, and what your budget is...

...though South Park is not a game I would recommend unless it is really cheap.

FWIW, the most modern I would go personally would be just before the DMDs came in... around the time of Back to the Future and Funhouse.

shardian:

--- Quote from: JeepMonkey on February 05, 2008, 01:18:30 pm ---I am looking to upgrade to a nicer pinball machine.  What I am trying to decide is if I would rather have a slightly older machine that is a classic, or a newer model.  Just for example, I am looking at possibly an Addam's Family or a South Park (among others).

So for the same budget, would you prefer an older classic or a newer model?

--- End quote ---

Let's put it this way, if you have a budget that allows for  an Addams family, then you go get whatever game you want. You can officially afford any pinball except new Stern's, and a select handful of overvalued 90's DMD's.

JeepMonkey:
Chad - DMDs?  Not sure what that is. 

Shardian - I have seen a few good condition Addam's Family's around here go for around $2200, not $3000+ like I see on eBay.

Really what I am after is a really good pin preferably under $2000.  Any suggestions welcome.

shardian:
DMD is a Dot Matrix Display. All pins went to the DMD display in the 90's. Late 80's early 90's pins had Alphanumeric displays (Whirlwind, Funhouse, etc)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version