Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: U360 questions  (Read 1360 times)

Breaker

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 16, 2024, 11:52:31 pm
U360 questions
« on: February 03, 2008, 03:40:54 am »
Hello all,

Following 2 years of building, as of 1:00am this morning, I have the mock-up for my cab's control panel hooked-up and in testing.
After a bit of tweaking I have most of the controls working as expected; except for two things:

a) I have two U360s and while the first is working correctly, the second does not appear to be recognized
- checked control panel and both sticks are present and working properly
- stick IDs are set correctly - as #1 and #2 (UltraMap utility confirms sticks are working)
Q -  is there something I have to do to get the second U360 working?

b) U360's don't seem to be able to control scrolling in Mamewah game list menu
- I read something about this in other posts but I'm not sure if this is a shortcoming of the U360 or just a config issue

Any assistance is most appreciated!
Breaker.

AndyWarne

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 11, 2021, 03:37:09 am
    • Ultimarc
Re: U360 questions
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2008, 06:45:17 am »
If they are working in Control Panel, then the issue is likely to be a Mame configuration problem. Check in the controls menu (press Tab in a game).
I am not actually sure if Mamewah supports gamepad joysticks for the menu control. Maybe someone can answer that.

Breaker

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 16, 2024, 11:52:31 pm
Re: U360 questions
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2008, 04:46:16 am »
Hi Andy,

Bang-on!
That's what I get for trouble-shooting at 1:00am :)
I was trying to get the second joystick working in Robotron - I took another try at it this morning and found the right setting in the 'TAB' menu.

I think I have a solution for the menu issue as well -> since I'm using my modified Wico's with the U360 interface I'm going to try hooking up the up/down leaf switches on the Wico for use on MameWah's menu. I don't think this will mess up any game control - it'll take some testing though.

Cheers,
Breaker.