Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: my first mame cab  (Read 2601 times)

crsdawg

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 13, 2019, 06:10:05 am
  • I plan to live forever, or die trying.
my first mame cab
« on: May 18, 2003, 06:29:39 am »
Cab Pics

here's a link to a page i put up with pictures and some short descriptions of my first cab. i think it turned out pretty good, but am looking for some feedback. i'm not totally happy with the cp layout, but it works. this was more of a learning experience and i plan to sell it shortly. but it's fun for the time being.

i will submit it to the projects page as soon as i get a more perminent online home. i wanted to see what people thought of it, so i figured i'd post here.

my next project will either be a lusids like design with a 25" monitor or a bally type cocktail.  i already have an ipac, optipac and aracde vga. it'll be sweet. i can't wait to get started. i just need to clear out some other projects first. high class problems, if ya know what i mean.http://
Code: [Select]

dirt

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 24, 2023, 11:06:57 pm
Re:my first mame cab
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2003, 01:14:06 pm »
I think it looks very cool.I really like the artwork.Can you make it avalible?I have a cabinet that wood look great with that blue swirl look.

dirt
WANTED: NINTENDO CABINETS WORKING OR NOT

crsdawg

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2003, 10:41:11 pm »
i put up some more pics that i took today.

Page 2

dirt,
  thanks for the compliment.  i've got no problem with others using my art. i also have some other similar designs that i tried before i decided on the blue one. they are either all red or red and blue. i had fun playing with the filters in photoshop when i was making them. nothing terribly difficult, but it took awhile for me to come up with a pattern i liked.
  i linked the files for the blue images on the bottom of the web page. they are 2 and 3 megs respectively. the cpo is also still in layers so it will be easy to change around the button layout. i had put white circles with crosshairs in them to help me align my drill when i was making the holes.

Cab Pics

good luck, if you get it done send me some pics. i'd like to see how it turns out.

-chris-

HeadRusch

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 02, 2006, 04:13:30 pm
  • ....Here you are all EQUALLY WORTHLESS...
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2003, 12:50:54 pm »
Looks good, how did you mount the trackball??
".....its like a Koala crapped a rainbow in my brain!"

BillyJack

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 20, 2011, 12:13:50 pm
  • Must...paint...cab...! Must...buy...marquee..!
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2003, 12:58:21 pm »
any chance of getting the cpo overlay background (minus the button holes)?

Please?

Thanks,

BillyJack
Now I've had my head in an elephant, a hippo, and a giant sloth.
-Homer

crsdawg

• Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2003, 08:23:20 am »
all i did to mount the trackball was cut a squarish hole in the underlying mdf the same size the modified tb base. then used metal strapping material(i call it plumbers tape, not sure if that's correct) as a bracket behind it to clamp it in place. it's sandwiched between the plex and the backstrapping. the art keeps anything from showing. it's nice and snug. there's a couple pics on the bottom of the first page that shows the bottom of the cp. the tb isn't the best, but works for windows and is ok for golden t.

the cp file should still be in layered format. just delete the ones that contain the button holes, and you should be good to go. the titles for the non-action buttons are also in layers so they can go as well.  if you don't have a program like psp or adobe available or i screwed up the file when i posted it, just drop me a line and i'll make the adjustments and get the file to ya.

-chris-

HeadRusch

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 02, 2006, 04:13:30 pm
  • ....Here you are all EQUALLY WORTHLESS...
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2003, 12:44:44 am »
Hey thanks for the info on the trackball.  Yes, it is called plumbers tape....!

Good job, enjoy playing it.

I just got done with my own cab and its like crack, discovering all these games that are still fun to play 20+ years after I first saw em.....and if you get bored, bam..you've got a few more to pick from ;)
".....its like a Koala crapped a rainbow in my brain!"