Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: WinUAE Loader v1.78 Released!  (Read 70896 times)

headkaze

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 14, 2023, 02:00:48 am
  • 0x2b|~0x2b?
Re: WinUAE Loader v1.70 Released!
« Reply #80 on: May 15, 2009, 10:40:06 pm »
WinUAE Loader v1.70 Released

- Added support for DemoBase Amiga
- Now supports ROMs in folders

Please read the ReadMe.txt for more info.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2009, 11:49:29 pm by headkaze »

headkaze

• Offline Offline
  • 0x2b|~0x2b?
Re: WinUAE Loader v1.71 Released!
« Reply #81 on: July 24, 2009, 12:13:51 am »
WinUAE Loader v1.71 Released

- Fixed command line options for WinUAE 1.6+ (Thanks Greg)

For people having problems with multiple floppies not being inserted in WinUAE 1.6+ this version should fix it.

bostonjorge

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 07, 2009, 07:20:00 am
« Reply #82 on: October 20, 2009, 10:46:37 am »
hi i have a problem with controls assigments

i try to change control buttons from input menu of winuae luncher but not working i see under the column new input my new choose buttons but when i try to play in any game not working ,the action buttons are always the default buttons of winuae not change nothing

what can i do ?

headkaze

• Offline Offline
  • 0x2b|~0x2b?
« Reply #83 on: October 20, 2009, 11:07:44 am »
Do you have the "Enabled" tickbox set for it?

bostonjorge

• Offline Offline
« Reply #84 on: November 02, 2009, 04:21:10 pm »
yes of course  :dunno but not work

bostonjorge

• Offline Offline
« Reply #85 on: November 07, 2009, 07:20:00 am »
ok now work but when i select the keyboard A or B there is only one fire button in the options can i add a new buttons like 2 or 3 and assign the command of jpac ? because something games of amiga like north and South and others need to be other command from keyboard

mooro

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 06, 2009, 03:28:35 pm
« Reply #86 on: November 11, 2009, 07:55:51 pm »
Excellent, excellent software.

My new cab is now even better, running effortlessly from mamewah.

However I am using Ultrastik 360's.

The joysticks work fine if I select "joystick" option in winuaeloader, but of course I have no keyboard buttons if I select this.

I haven't been able to find a way to have  both joysticks enabled at the same time as being able to use the keyboard commands.

Is there a way around this?

Thanks very much for the software.

mooro

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 06, 2009, 03:28:35 pm
« Reply #87 on: November 24, 2009, 05:06:42 pm »
Managed to sort this out by buying the £5 input/output loom from Ultimarc. This plugs into the ultrastik and then connects direct to the jamma wiring loom, where it can be decoded by a j-pac. The cool thing is that unless the ultrastik is using an analogue map, it now is decoded by the j-pac exactly as a digital stick would be.

Recommended.

Ringoko

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 06, 2010, 12:14:28 pm
« Reply #88 on: January 07, 2010, 07:06:49 pm »
could someone help me understand the display settings? im using a 19" monitor @ 1440x900 resolution. i go into settings, select 1440x900 & fullscreen & centred, the result is a small square of amiganess in the middle of my monitor. to get it to fill the screen i have to use 800x600 resolution. whats going on?

id also like to use it on a 32" hd-ready lcd, what would be good settings for that?

dekar24k

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 28, 2019, 03:50:11 pm
    • ArcadeForum.com
« Reply #89 on: March 02, 2010, 04:10:51 am »
Heya, sorry for bumping an old thread but first of all I'd like to thank the developer of WinUAE Loader for allowing me to play all my favorite Amiga classics on my cab! :)

Everything works flawlessly with Maximus Arcade, there's only one feature I'd like which I haven't managed to add yet; quick save state and quick restore state.

I figured that WinUAE Loader uses the whdload.uae file for WinUAE configuration, but I can't find where my controls are mapped. I only see the joystick-configuration lines and I assume that since I am using an iPac4 with keyboard outputs then WinUAE Loader should be reading WinUAE keyboard maps somewhere.

Basically, I want to assign quick save state to the "F5" key and quick restore state to the "F7" key. Normally it's as easy as adding something like;

input.1.keyboard.0.button.63=SPC_STATESAVE.0
input.1.keyboard.0.button.65=SPC_STATERESTORE.0

to the WinUAE configuration file, but I can't find out where WinUAE Loader reads it's keymap configuration.

So my question is basically; how do I map keyboard key "F5" to quick save state and "F7" to quick restore state in WinUAE Loader? :)

Thanks!
Finished project: "The Saloon Arcade" - 2 player upright cabinet

Joystick.net - Retro gaming news and reviews

headkaze

• Offline Offline
  • 0x2b|~0x2b?
« Reply #90 on: March 02, 2010, 04:58:28 am »
Sorry but at this moment you can't do that. WinUAE's input config was so confusing to me that I remapped the key input using a global key hook. Since then though I have got all the data to convert input into WinUAE's own key format I just haven't had time to implement it yet. So unfortunately until then you won't be able to. That being said I don't see why pasting in the keyboard code into WHDLoad.uae wouldn't work, I just think the way WinUAE does some things are terribly complicated when they should be alot simpler.

dekar24k

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 28, 2019, 03:50:11 pm
    • ArcadeForum.com
« Reply #91 on: March 02, 2010, 05:09:37 am »
Sorry but at this moment you can't do that. WinUAE's input config was so confusing to me that I remapped the key input using a global key hook. Since then though I have got all the data to convert input into WinUAE's own key format I just haven't had time to implement it yet. So unfortunately until then you won't be able to. That being said I don't see why pasting in the keyboard code into WHDLoad.uae wouldn't work, I just think the way WinUAE does some things are terribly complicated when they should be alot simpler.

Heya thanks for the quick reply!

I will try to experiment a little with the WHDLoad.uae file. I'm also trying to map F1-F4 to other keys (e.g. Z = Amiga F1 key, X = Amiga F2 key etc.) so I can play Pinball Dreams etc. (+ there are a lot of Amiga games which utilize the F-keys).

I'll post here if I manage to do something smart. Thanks again for the great program!
Finished project: "The Saloon Arcade" - 2 player upright cabinet

Joystick.net - Retro gaming news and reviews

Loafmeister

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 08, 2020, 03:21:17 am
« Reply #92 on: March 02, 2010, 01:05:39 pm »
If you are using the IPAC, I think you can load a different key file for a particular game, then when you exit, load your default back in. That way, you can map your F1, F2 to whatever keys you want when in WinUAE.

At least, I think so... been a while since I messed around with it.

tony.silveira

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 17, 2024, 10:24:34 pm
    • my baby
« Reply #93 on: May 27, 2010, 07:48:54 pm »
hey kaze,

thanks for the excellent loader.

i've remapped my controls to fit my panel and i have the 'enable' tick boxes checked but in game, they don't work.  the key listed in the "input" column works but not the "new input" that i assigned.

any thoughts?

jimmy2x2x

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 19, 2018, 01:29:48 am
« Reply #94 on: August 29, 2010, 05:35:10 am »
Im also having the issue mentioned above with controls not sticking.

I am defining them within WinUAE Loader v1.72 (keyboard A, new inputs redefined, Enabled checkbox ticked)

When I use ROM Testing, Run ROM - these controls are not used by the emulator, its the NumPad keys that are in use.

Clark Kent

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 23, 2013, 07:40:58 am
« Reply #95 on: September 08, 2010, 11:12:20 am »
I solved the problem with the controls: Simply switch ports. Keyboard A is Keyboard B and vice versa. At least this works on my config...

I only have the problem that I can not set resolution 352 x 288 (lores, linemode normal). The screen stays black. I hear the sound of each game but I do not see anything. As soon as I switch to 320 x 256 or 320 x 264 all is working well - but only with 60 Hz. I need 352 x 288 for 50 Hz PAL games with perfect scrolling. This resolution works absolutely perfect in WinUAE but it results in simply no picture in WinUAELoader...

Thank you for fixing this bug soon! :)

headkaze

• Offline Offline
  • 0x2b|~0x2b?
« Reply #96 on: September 08, 2010, 12:42:32 pm »
I solved the problem with the controls: Simply switch ports. Keyboard A is Keyboard B and vice versa. At least this works on my config...

I only have the problem that I can not set resolution 352 x 288 (lores, linemode normal). The screen stays black. I hear the sound of each game but I do not see anything. As soon as I switch to 320 x 256 or 320 x 264 all is working well - but only with 60 Hz. I need 352 x 288 for 50 Hz PAL games with perfect scrolling. This resolution works absolutely perfect in WinUAE but it results in simply no picture in WinUAELoader...

Thank you for fixing this bug soon! :)

Can you select 352 x 288, 50 Hz in WinUAE Loader? Since I only display the resolutions detected by Windows. If you can select it then I need to know what WinUAE is writing to it's ini file that WinUAE Loader isn't.

Clark Kent

• Offline Offline
« Reply #97 on: September 08, 2010, 04:44:14 pm »
Sure I can select 352 x 288 in WinUAELoader! What exactely do you need to know? Which files exactely should I look at? Would be easier if I send you these files by mail...

It's interesting that as soon as I click on "linemode: double"  I can see the screen again (also in 352 x 288) - but pictures are twice as high as normal. As soon as I set "linemode: normal" I'm having a black screen again (but sound is still working). As all other resolutions seem to work (352 x 264, 352 x 256, 352 x 240) there must be some kind of bug. I really need 352 x 288 for the 50 Hz mode...

I think you do not see these resolutions in WinUAELoader because you do not have an ArcadeVGA graphics card from Ultimarc installed...

Edit: As I already wrote here - in WinUAE 352 x 288 works fine (lores, normal). Only in WinUAELoader it does not show any picture...
« Last Edit: September 08, 2010, 05:00:56 pm by Clark Kent »

jimmy2x2x

• Offline Offline
« Reply #98 on: September 08, 2010, 04:47:48 pm »

This does not work for me, problem still exists

Clark Kent

• Offline Offline
« Reply #99 on: September 08, 2010, 05:07:02 pm »
Interesting. It works for me without any problems.

I also had these troubles with the not recognized joystick keys but then (after some days of trying around) I simple clicked on "Map Input" in "Keyboard A" and defined the keys I want to use. Then I switched port 0 to keyboard B and port 1 to keyboard A. Suddenly it worked.

Nevertheless it's absolutely interesting that when I load any game with WinUAELoader and press F12 while playing, the game ports in WinUAE are "Port 1: RAW Mouse" and "Post 2: Keyboard Layout A" - but it works despite of this. That's crazy because I defined the cursor keys and CTRL for fire - "Keyboard Layout A" would be numeric keypad and 0 for fire. I really do not understand this - but it works...

Clark Kent

• Offline Offline
« Reply #100 on: September 08, 2010, 05:51:05 pm »
Thank you headkaze! I solved the problem with the resolution myself because of your hint with the config files! It's not necessarily a bug in WinUAELoader but a ini-problem!

I checked and compared both WHDLoad.uae (from your WinUAELoader) and the default.uae (with my default settings in WinUAE) ini-files. I noticed that there were some difference in the gfx-section. I synchronized both inis and suddenly it worked!

It's interesting that I found the problematic values this time - I checked the file several times but I did not see any improvements... This time I changed some values from which I didn't think they do anything - but it worked. :)

Maybe you should have a look at the keyboard config despite of all - I think some users have serious troubles with that. I also am not able to use the mouse - real mouse not a keyboard emulation as you provide in "Input Mappings". In WinUAE it's no problem to set up the mouse (as RAW Mouse). In WinUAELoader it configured the mouse but it does not work (I need a mouse - my trackball in my arcade cabine - for some games like "Typhoon Thompson" or "Dungeon Master"). But thank god I found out how the joysticks (with my J-PAC in my arcade cabinet) work...

Only thing remaining would be the WHDLoad.xml. The pack from KGWHD is containing 2648 games (maybe some names were updated as some games are not working - I do not know) - your xml-file only knows 2229. How to update this xml-file or where can a new version be downloaded? I simply do not want to add the new games manually... ;)
« Last Edit: September 08, 2010, 05:54:33 pm by Clark Kent »

brolly

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 23, 2012, 06:21:12 pm
« Reply #101 on: September 08, 2010, 06:16:09 pm »
Interesting. It works for me without any problems.

I also had these troubles with the not recognized joystick keys but then (after some days of trying around) I simple clicked on "Map Input" in "Keyboard A" and defined the keys I want to use. Then I switched port 0 to keyboard B and port 1 to keyboard A. Suddenly it worked.

Nevertheless it's absolutely interesting that when I load any game with WinUAELoader and press F12 while playing, the game ports in WinUAE are "Port 1: RAW Mouse" and "Post 2: Keyboard Layout A" - but it works despite of this. That's crazy because I defined the cursor keys and CTRL for fire - "Keyboard Layout A" would be numeric keypad and 0 for fire. I really do not understand this - but it works...

Doesn't work for me either even doing that, I also get Mouse on port1 and keyboard on port2, but it doesn't matter if I put keyboard A or B on port 0 or 1 it simply doesn't work. Weird that it works for some people and doesn't for others, I thought this would be a problem on writing the uae config file.
What version of winuae are you using by the way?

Only thing remaining would be the WHDLoad.xml. The pack from KGWHD is containing 2648 games (maybe some names were updated as some games are not working - I do not know) - your xml-file only knows 2229. How to update this xml-file or where can a new version be downloaded? I simply do not want to add the new games manually... ;)

We are working on updating the current xml file to the most recent set over at the hyperspin forums, the current one needs renaming on some games and also some custom configs, it's quite some work since you need to check each game manually to make sure it's working fine and the set isn't exactly small  ;). If there is someone already with a new version of it would be nice if they could share ofc.

Clark Kent

• Offline Offline
« Reply #102 on: September 08, 2010, 06:22:12 pm »
I'm using WinUAE 2.3.0b15 (latest).

It's interesting that the keyboard settings are causing that much trouble in WinUAELoader. I was also very surprised that this is a problem. I do not understand why.  Maybe there is really a bug in it. Nevertheless it's working on my config (AMD64 4200+, ArcadeVGA, JPAC, WinXP SP3). Still no mouse...

I think it has something to do with the config file but I do not fully understand the integration into WinUAELoader and how it handles these config files.

Can you post a link to the latest WHDLoad.xml or at least to the thread in the forum you said?

brolly

• Offline Offline
« Reply #103 on: September 08, 2010, 09:27:26 pm »
Might be the beta, I never use betas since I usually wait for a new version to be released. Anyway I tried the new beta and with that I can't even boot a single game through winuaeloader all I get is a black screen forever. I'm testing on a XP machine, but I have the exact same problem with controls on Windows 7 or Vista.

I should do quite some work on the config file till the end of the week, so better wait till then. There is no thread for the config file itself it's just something it's been done during the process of creating artwork and wheels to use with HS.

Clark Kent

• Offline Offline
« Reply #104 on: September 09, 2010, 01:42:09 am »
OK, but where can I find anything about an updated WHDLoad.xml? Here in the arcadecontrols forum or where?

headkaze

• Offline Offline
  • 0x2b|~0x2b?
« Reply #105 on: September 09, 2010, 02:34:25 am »
I have all the WinUAE default keys defined in WinUAE Loader, my main problem is deciphering it's mental key coding system in the uae file. Since WinUAE Loader writes values directly to the uae file.

Eg.
Code: [Select]
input.1.joystick.0.disabled=0
input.1.joystick.0.axis.0=JOY1_HORIZ.0
input.1.joystick.0.axis.1=JOY1_VERT.0
input.1.joystick.0.axis.6=JOY1_HORIZ.0
input.1.joystick.0.axis.7=JOY1_VERT.0
input.1.joystick.0.button.0=JOY1_FIRE_BUTTON.0
input.1.joystick.0.button.1=JOY1_2ND_BUTTON.0
input.1.joystick.0.button.2=JOY1_3RD_BUTTON.0

Right now I use a global key hook which is probably causing all the problems people are seeing as it changes input at a higher level than WinUAE. The next version I will write the keycodes directly to the uae file and will be testing with the latest version of WinUAE.

If anyone has more info about the format in the .uae it will help me get this implemented sooner. I don't have alot of time to work on this but I believe the majority of the hard work is done.

jimmy2x2x

• Offline Offline
« Reply #106 on: September 09, 2010, 06:38:53 am »
Excellent news headkaze, really happy you have found a little time to look into this ;)

Clark Kent

• Offline Offline
« Reply #107 on: September 09, 2010, 01:17:29 pm »
OK, if you change something in the settings please support RAW mouse, too (real mouse, not keys). Need it for Dungeon Master or Typhoon Thompson...

Clark Kent

• Offline Offline
« Reply #108 on: September 10, 2010, 03:25:18 am »
I tought about the command line, the WHDLoad.xml file and the configuration for each game - if I use WinUAELoader via command line (Maximus Arcade frontend), does it use the unique configuration for each game from the WHDLoad.xml file? Or how can I set the configuration for each game via the command line if e.g. one game should enable mouse support or other graphics chip set?

headkaze

• Offline Offline
  • 0x2b|~0x2b?
« Reply #109 on: September 10, 2010, 05:40:32 am »
There is currently no way to allow per-configuration for each game. This is supposed to be automated in WinUAE Loader (using WHDLoad.xml).

I did some work on this today, but I have found the latest version has changed alot. It has support for Raw Input and things like that. So I will have to continue work on this. I have uploaded a new version that allows you to edit the uae files from the loader's interface. This should allow people to set extra options that aren't available in the loader. Just be careful as the WHDLoad's .uae file is setup to work with all the games so don't screw around with it's chipset options and things like that.

So for those of you waiting for the next version and want to get this working now, run WinUAE Loader and select the new "Config" tab. Then select "Edit WHDLoad Config" and then setup your inputs and then save. Make sure all the key mapping is turned off in WinUAE Loader. Please let me know if this works okay.

Next step is to fully integrate the WinUAE input system into the loader. Stay tuned!
« Last Edit: September 10, 2010, 06:06:46 am by headkaze »

Clark Kent

• Offline Offline
« Reply #110 on: September 10, 2010, 07:58:18 am »
Does WinUAELoader automatically load the WHDLoad.xml file when using WinUAELoader via command line? I only want to know if it looks for and use special setting for each game listed in the WHDLoad.xml file.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2010, 08:05:32 am by Clark Kent »

brolly

• Offline Offline
« Reply #111 on: September 10, 2010, 01:59:15 pm »
I did some work on this today, but I have found the latest version has changed alot.

Yeah, from 2.20 we have a lot more input configuration options on winuae. Thanks for the new version will try it now.

By the way, I have been looking at the winuae boot log and I'm getting some errors:

load config 'K:\Emulators\Commodore Amiga\WinUAE\WinUAELoader\Data\WHDLoad.uae':3
obsolete config entry 'magic_mouse'
obsolete config entry 'sound_bits'
Option `fpu_strict' requires a value of either `yes' or `no'.
obsolete config entry 'gfx_correct_aspect'
Option 'z3mem_size' requires a numeric argument but got '%z3mem_size_value%'
Option `cpu_24bit_addressing' requires a value of either `yes' or `no'.
Option 'finegrain_cpu_speed' requires a numeric argument but got 'max'
LCD: Logitech LCD system not detected

Looking at WHDLoad.uae file on winuaeloader I see those options are receiving an argument as a parameter, namely:
fpu_strict=%fpu_strict_value%
chipset_compatible=%chipset_compatible_value%
z3mem_size=%z3mem_size_value%
cpu_type=%cpu_type_value%
cpu_24bit_addressing=%cpu_24bit_addressing_value%

According to winuae bootlog errors, seems those parameters aren't being filled, is this ok?

EDIT : Tried the new version, but still can't remap the controls. I'm using the new remap button on winuae, maybe that's the problem?
I'm setting keyboard A on port 0 and keyboard B on port 1, the I hit the remap button for each and do the remapings I want. Then save the config, exit winuae and winuaeloader. Next time I start a game on winuaeloader there's 2 problems. First it won't boot me directly into the game, but into WinUAE and I need to press the start button. And the controls don't work, I think maybe the loader is writing over the config file at startup?
I have all enabled checkboxes unticked on winuaeloader.
If I do this same configuration on winuae after loading the game everything works as expected.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2010, 02:24:46 pm by brolly »

headkaze

• Offline Offline
  • 0x2b|~0x2b?
« Reply #112 on: September 16, 2010, 09:53:25 pm »
Didn't have time to test it really but I thought being able to edit the .uae files directly should solve the input mapping issues for now. Oh well will have to look at this some other time.

Clark Kent

• Offline Offline
« Reply #113 on: September 17, 2010, 05:41:31 am »
Just wanna know if there is or will be an updated WHDLoad.xml file for the latest sets available on kgwhd homepage!?

I noticed today that it is not possible to load games via command line that are not listed in the WHDLoad.xml file (or did I something wrong?). I wonder why nobody ever talks about that!?

I would recommend: make it possible to start games not listed in the xml-file, too! Otherwise it would not be possible to load games not listed in the xml-file in a front end like Maximus Arcade (it would list all games but it would not be possible to start many of them). And to check more than 2.600 files in the xml-file would be a enormous work...
« Last Edit: September 18, 2010, 05:41:29 am by Clark Kent »

headkaze

• Offline Offline
  • 0x2b|~0x2b?
« Reply #114 on: September 18, 2010, 07:00:52 pm »
WinUAE Loader uses the databases that Belgarath created for GameBase Amiga. Unfortunately that project has not been active in a long time. It would be great if we could get the file updated sometime. Someone mentioned an updated file over on the HyperSpin forums or something? Noones has contacted me about it though.

Clark Kent

• Offline Offline
« Reply #115 on: September 19, 2010, 10:12:36 am »
I didn't find the updated file on the HyperSpin forums either.

As long as there is not updated file I think it would really be a good idea that WinUAELoader could also load WHDLoad-games that are not in the WHDLoad.xml file...

Clark Kent

• Offline Offline
« Reply #116 on: September 19, 2010, 11:23:37 am »
Once there was a program called WHDSorter.exe. It was written for Maximus Arcade. Unfortunately the link is dead and the author could not be reached anymore.

Here what it does:

----------------------

*** Using WHDSorter to fix WHD game names and Screenshots

Once you've set up all of the above, you're ready to run WHDSorter.exe to fix your game names and screenshots for Maximus.

What the tool does is look at the WHDLoad.xml file and fix things from there. An example line in the xml file is as follows:

<Game Name="Alien Syndrome" FileName="AlienSyndrome_v1.0.zip" ScrnshotFilename="A/Alien_Syndrome_.png" ...................... />

That's the only part the tool is interested in. Here's what happens...

For each Game in WHDLoad.xml
- Read "Name"
- Read "FileName"
- Find WHD zip file in roms dir with name "FileName"
- Rename zip file to "Name".zip (removing bad characters)
- Replace FileName in xml file with new WHD zip filename
- Find screenshot on disk
- Copy it to root of screens directory and rename it to "Name".png
Save modified XML file as Sorted.xml

So, in the above example, the new line on the XML file would read:

<Game Name="Alien Syndrome" FileName="Alien Syndrome.zip" ScrnshotFilename="A/Alien_Syndrome_.png" ...................... />

and the file C:\Emulators\WinUAE\roms\WHDLoad\AlienSyndrome_v1.0.zip would be renamed to C:\Emulators\WinUAE\roms\WHDLoad\Alien Syndrome.zip and the file C:\Emulators\WinUAE\screens\a\Alien_Syndrome_.png would be moved to C:\Emulators\WinUAE\screens\ and renamed Alien Syndrome.png.

All you should have to do is run WHDSorter.exe, then rename your Sorted.xml output file to WHDLoad.xml. Don't forget to back up the old WHDLoad.xml file first!

----------------------

As you are a really good programmer wouldn't it be the best idea to write such a program? I think it shouldn't be too hard and time consuming for you, isn't it? With such a program everyone could keep his WHDLoad.xml file up-to-date by himself! :)

WHDSorter.exe is not the best solution. I think it would be better to take all file names from the WHDLoad-games directory (in mine there are 2.648 games) and put it in the xml-file in the right format it demands (instead of WHDSorter.exe's solution to rename the files in the directory). Then renameing them within the xml-file for the "name" tag (removing _ or v1.0 and such). Same with the screenshots. Using a standard Amiga 1200 config with harddisk support should do the thing for most games, I think.

What do you think?

headkaze

• Offline Offline
  • 0x2b|~0x2b?
« Reply #117 on: September 19, 2010, 03:00:53 pm »
I have been thinking about this actually. The way I would do it would be to add a "Add Games from Folder" type of deal. It would then add the games into the WHDLoad.xml file. From that when you select "Run Game" it will list all the games with a special icon for those that don't have the necessary data needed to load them correctly. Right click on the game and edit it to add it in.

Clark Kent

• Offline Offline
« Reply #118 on: September 19, 2010, 05:08:22 pm »
That sounds promising... :)

You know, without an up-to-date WHDLoad.xml file it's absolutely impossible to use WinUAELoader the way it should be. You can simply not play all the game in your folder. Some because they are outdated, some because they are simply not in there - and the number is growing with each WHDLoader update...

jimmy2x2x

• Offline Offline
« Reply #119 on: September 19, 2010, 05:13:35 pm »
Im glad its being looked into, hopefully the control situation isnt too far behind!

Keep up the great work headkaze, we love ya!