Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Advancemame for beginners (Windows) - edited again (05.30.08)  (Read 11084 times)

Ummon

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 09, 2010, 06:37:18 pm
Advancemame for beginners (Windows) - edited again (05.30.08)
« on: January 27, 2008, 03:50:07 pm »
1. download and unzip pentium version Advancemame and Advancemenu.

2. put advancemenu exe, advmenuv, and advmenuc in Advancemame folder.

3. click on advancemame exe - it will generate a default rc file, as well as add other folders. Open the rc file in notepad or some kind of text editor (kinda weird it's not already....) and scroll down to 'display_adjust'. The default is 'none'. Change it to 'generate_yclock.

4. add roms. Make sure the folder is name 'rom' not 'roms'. (You can change this in the rc, but this is the default. NO idea why.)

5. click on advancemenu exe - it will generate a default rc file for it. Click it again, and it will create an xml file, then the interface will appear. (If it doesn't, click again.)

6. go to Start>run, type cmd then press enter. Type 'cd' then space then the directory of your Advancemame contents and press enter. Then type 'svgawin -l' , press enter and it will load the drivers.

7. go back to your Advancemame folder and click on advcfg. If you happen to know the eight values of your monitor, select Custom and enter them. If not, select your type of monitor from the list and press enter. Then in the next page enter the pixel clock, horizontal refresh, and vertical refresh ranges (ie: 0-50 / 15-36 / 50-90) or straight values if using a tv or arcade monitor (ie: 0-50 / 15.72 / 50-60) and press enter:

A diagnostic screen will appear and you can try two different methods: 1) use your monitor controls to adjust your screen geometry; or 2) use your keyboard (look in the doc to see what keys do what) to adjust the grid to fit your display. (This tutorial's intent is to enable basic set-up for use with the automatic mode. If intending manual mode, then certainly use number 1 so as to set your reference mode, and then use the keyboard to adjust your other modes added/created.) Press enter. It then gives you a list of modes to test. You can try these; with one of my multisyncs it always crashed on me and I have to redo the configuration, so I just selected 'save and exit'. With another monitor, I forget which, they tested fine. Up to you. They don't need to be tested to save the configuration.

If you look at the bottom of your rc file, you'll notice a new entry, 'device_video_format' with a string of values. This is what advancemame uses to create proper modelines. It's not absolutely necessary. You could've instead just typed in a 'device_video_clock' as exampled above, and Advancemame would've used that instead, however the 'format' is specific to your monitor and is more effective.

Now go back to your waiting AdvanceMenu interface (or re-click on the icon to start again), and select a game by scrolling and pressing enter on the game desired. Check the result. From here, it helps to know and understand the different video features in Advancemame. Specifically, enter the tab menu and then select 'video' and then look up the corresponding features in the docs. They will have different values automatically set and different effects depending on your display.

If need be you can run through games and play with settings in the tab>video menu.  If you want or need to do more, you can then use advv:

a. click on advv

b. scroll down the list. For starters maybe use only modes marked 'standard'. If a mode can't be used by your monitor, a red 'out of range' will appear lower right. Any mode that you want press enter and again the diagnostic screen will appear for you to size it to your monitor. Do so using the keyboard then press enter. When it returns to the list, if it isn't already enabled, press the space bar to enable the mode.

c. save (press F2) and exit. (You must press 'exit'. Clicking on the window's 'X' will not close it.) Now all these are in your rc file.

You now have more modes to select from in-game. If you don't get perfect results, go back into advdev and, either, select more modes....or create them. This is most technical part. I've just recently done this.

Attached is my old rc file (I have since made changes for special games, but am not on that computer right now to post it). Yours will look different depending on your monitor, but this will give you an idea of what it can look like. I strongly suggest using the above set-up method vs using my rc as a template.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2008, 07:26:24 pm by Ummon »
Yo. Chocolate.

"Theoretical physics has been the most successful and cost-effective in all of science."

Stephen Hawking

People often confuse expressed observations with complaint, ridicule, or - even worse - self-pity.

Ummon

• Offline Offline
Re: Question for Advancemame users
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2008, 01:26:25 pm »
edited
« Last Edit: February 02, 2008, 09:27:41 pm by Ummon »
Yo. Chocolate.

"Theoretical physics has been the most successful and cost-effective in all of science."

Stephen Hawking

People often confuse expressed observations with complaint, ridicule, or - even worse - self-pity.

Silver

• Wiki Contributor
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 17, 2024, 10:29:00 am
  • Cunning like the Fox.
    • Mods'n'Mods
Re: Progress - Question for Advancemame users
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2008, 08:21:32 am »
Congrats, you are lucky enough to have a gfx card that svgawin actually works with!

I gave up ages ago after failing with every gfx card at my disposal (around 9 if I recall).  (For anyone else, don't even bother downloading if you gfx card has ATI on it....)

You may find that 224x256 has too low a pclock for your gfx card to generate properly (assuming you are running at native resolutions here).

In the long run, development has ceased on advancemame, (106 last version I think?) so I rolled onto other windows solutions for native gfx...
« Last Edit: January 29, 2008, 08:23:03 am by Silver »

Ummon

• Offline Offline
Re: Progress - Question for Advancemame users
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2008, 09:37:04 pm »
edited
« Last Edit: February 02, 2008, 10:41:45 pm by Ummon »
Yo. Chocolate.

Stephen Hawking

Ummon

• Offline Offline
Re: More progress - Question for Advancemame users
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2008, 09:56:58 pm »
edited
« Last Edit: February 02, 2008, 09:23:53 pm by Ummon »
Yo. Chocolate.

Stephen Hawking

Ummon

• Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2008, 09:13:57 pm »
Some more update, here. Monitor in horizontal position and Mappy runs SMOOTH. Same with Pac games. I don't know about anyone else but those have always had little stutters in the pac and ghosts or continuous stuttering of scrolling objects like in the attract of Mappy.

And that's not all. The color is bolder. Well, it's running 8-bit. Ran dkjr and it was like those video clips you see of original cab monitors (except not fuzzy) and the background is BLACK. That's just what comes to mind here. It's awesome.

I also generated some modes manually. One way is to use advv, and press F5. It'll ask you for the vertical refresh, and then pixel clocks. Press enter and it's in the list and then you press enter for to adjust it. Save it and it's in the rc file. In-game, select that res - it will be called 'generate' and there you go. I guess another way would be to calculate yourself the data, as there are different methods. I would think using advv in this case might be superior, though.

Now the only thing I'm having trouble with is advancemenu and getting anything above 640x480. Advmenuv (or advv) won't let me even test modes higher than around 740x480 or something, and it won't use the sdl drivers. They worked with the arcade vga though. Weird. Well it's not the only fe out there. Small potatoes. I'm really stoked about Advancemame. There's been a small interest in resurrecting it. I wonder if a simple compile would work, or if the re-write made that a 'no'.
Yo. Chocolate.

Stephen Hawking

tetsu96

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 11, 2009, 10:53:24 pm
  • MAME On...
    • My Old Cabinet / MAME32 build site
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2008, 04:12:40 pm »
Some more update, here. Monitor in horizontal position and Mappy runs SMOOTH. Same with Pac games. I don't know about anyone else but those have always had little stutters in the pac and ghosts or continuous stuttering of scrolling objects like in the attract of Mappy.

Now the only thing I'm having trouble with is advancemenu and getting anything above 640x480. Advmenuv (or advv) won't let me even test modes higher than around 740x480 or something, and it won't use the sdl drivers. They worked with the arcade vga though. Weird. Well it's not the only fe out there. Small potatoes. I'm really stoked about Advancemame. There's been a small interest in resurrecting it. I wonder if a simple compile would work, or if the re-write made that a 'no'.

That's definitely the perk using AdvanceMAME - it's not just the resolution, it's the refresh rate that it perfects assuming you've got it configured correctly.  Pac Man, Mortal Kombat(s), CPS2 - these all are just off of 60Hz so there will be stutters in gaming when your monitor is set to use 60Hz.

I'd love to see the project picked back up - Nothing new on Sourceforge but rbelmont has the SDLMame which could be a good launching point for non-windows builds (and possibly the windows build using a hacked svgawin driver).  The driver itself was hacked up a while ago, and I'm not sure what is available for newer hardware as to direct access to registers and the like, but an update for  newer hardware would make it a lot more accessible today.

Silver - 9 cards and you still didn't find one that worked with AdvanceMAME?  Andrea had in the FAQs what cards were supported, and I've tested with Geforce 2-4 with success (I haven't tested ATIs, but I never picked up an AVGA so why should I bother unless someone wants to send me one).

Ummon

• Offline Offline
Re: Advancemame for beginners
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2008, 06:33:30 pm »
edited
« Last Edit: May 30, 2008, 06:57:29 pm by Ummon »
Yo. Chocolate.

Stephen Hawking

Silver

• Wiki Contributor
  • Offline Offline
  • Cunning like the Fox.
    • Mods'n'Mods
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2008, 01:21:07 pm »
Silver - 9 cards and you still didn't find one that worked with AdvanceMAME?  Andrea had in the FAQs what cards were supported, and I've tested with Geforce 2-4 with success (I haven't tested ATIs, but I never picked up an AVGA so why should I bother unless someone wants to send me one).

Fraid not - they were all ATI though. I posted ages ok on the sourceforge project pages and eventually got a response saying ATI does not work with svgawin - despite the llist of compatible cards listed in the svgawin docs. Only Geforce cards work, and not all of them from what I have heard...

Ummon

• Offline Offline
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2008, 10:02:14 pm »
Would only take a few minutes to try the above steps, or maybe you remember what issues you had?
Yo. Chocolate.

Stephen Hawking

SailorSat

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 10:28:00 pm
    • For Amusement Only e.V.
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2008, 01:12:06 am »
There's been a small interest in resurrecting it. I wonder if a simple compile would work, or if the re-write made that a 'no'.
Well yeah. The last version was based on 0.106 and sadly a lot (basically the video rewrite) happend after.
However... the OSD "layer" made many things easier so that should be quite easy to fiddle in.
But thats still a huge amount of work.

To be honest, I've used AdvanceMAME for ages, and I'm still using AdvanceMENU (is there actually ANY frontend out there that supports tile mode besides AdvMENU?), however I don't see any any special need for it nowadays, as there simply is nothing that AdvMAME features today you can't get otherwise.

On linux (and unix/bsd whatever) you could use sdlMAME and the very same modelines you used with AdvMAME, on DOS... well... who really wants to use DOS on a Core2 generation CPU? Good luck finding drivers for the onboard HD audio codec :). And for Windows... Yeah there are several ways to get a good experience (sadly most ppl just don't seem to get their stuff configured right). PowerStrip, Soft-15kHz, WinModelines... There are many ways to get your modelines into windows.

P.S. "Perfect" Modelines with AdvMAME? Hell, I could generate a dozen neogeo modelines without hitting the real one ;)
I do all that stuff even without a Joystick ;)
Soft-15kHz, cabMAME, For Amusement Only e.V.

Ummon

• Offline Offline
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2008, 01:05:04 pm »
Well yeah. The last version was based on 0.106 and sadly a lot (basically the video rewrite) happend after.
However... the OSD "layer" made many things easier so that should be quite easy to fiddle in.
But thats still a huge amount of work.

I know off-hand I'd alter the modes list so that it showed more than just the vertical pixel clock. What would you change?

P.S. "Perfect" Modelines with AdvMAME? Hell, I could generate a dozen neogeo modelines without hitting the real one ;)

I'm not sure what you mean here?

To be honest, I've used AdvanceMAME for ages, and I'm still using AdvanceMENU (is there actually ANY frontend out there that supports tile mode besides AdvMENU?), however I don't see any any special need for it nowadays, as there simply is nothing that AdvMAME features today you can't get otherwise.

Advancemenu, first. It's cool, except I have the following issus: rom sorting is a pain in the ass; more importantly, only my lowest grade Nvidia card (an MX440) and the arcade vga will allow full screen above VGA. I don't know if this will help me, but perhaps you could post your rc files for both menu and mame?

Now Advancemame. Before I had a multi-sync and arcade vga (or had used soft15), I had no idea what things looked like natively. Advancemame looks different. I'd say better, because instead of an image drawn on the screen, it actually looks like objects IN it. Maybe it's the the lower bit value in color. I don't know but it looks....real.
Yo. Chocolate.

Stephen Hawking

SailorSat

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 10:28:00 pm
    • For Amusement Only e.V.
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2008, 01:10:47 pm »
I only use AdvMENU on Windows nowadays so it uses the default windows resolutions (Soft-15kHz in my case)
I do all that stuff even without a Joystick ;)
Soft-15kHz, cabMAME, For Amusement Only e.V.

wpcmame

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 18, 2024, 01:27:00 pm
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2008, 03:54:48 pm »

I also use windows-advmenu in my cabinet. I have modified it slightly to remove the interface-flicker in 768x576i. Couldn't live without the tile modes.

Agree that there isn't much need for advmame anymore. It did have some nice features like on-the-fly resolution and filter changes but I could never get it to work in windows.

Ummon

• Offline Offline
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2008, 11:11:51 pm »
I actually had advmenu working fullscreen above 640x480 last night. I turn it on today and it doesn't wanna do it. Keep getting that dual-image phenomenon. Although, that would happen last night - maybe a quarter of the time - when going back to Windows desktop in the middle of operation, then clicking back on the advmenu tab on the task bar.

You might give a moment to try the above instructions. Really, every card I have - Nvidia or ATI - worked no problem. It's pretty step-dependent, too. The docs are great, but leave A LOT to be desired with regard to stock installation for native modes.
Yo. Chocolate.

Stephen Hawking

Ummon

• Offline Offline
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2008, 02:59:00 pm »
edited
« Last Edit: May 30, 2008, 06:59:25 pm by Ummon »
Yo. Chocolate.

Stephen Hawking

Ummon

• Offline Offline
Re: Advancemame for beginners - edited again (05.30.08)
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2008, 07:22:39 pm »
Bumped for recent edit
Yo. Chocolate.

Stephen Hawking

Silver

• Wiki Contributor
  • Offline Offline
  • Cunning like the Fox.
    • Mods'n'Mods
Re: Advancemame for beginners (Windows) - edited again (05.30.08)
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2008, 08:50:17 am »
Gave this another bash after loong ago giving up on advancemame in windows.

Steps 1->6, fine. Step 7 fails.

As ever, the problem is advcfg.exe
I fill in all the steps/pclocks, even generic settings for testing on a pc monitor, and it never generates a full screen image/test image, just crashes back to windows. Running advmenu brings up the list fine, but all games error out with status 1 (i.e. advancemame can't run).

This was with a x800 ATI card on a core2duo, xp sp2. I also tried it on a xp sp3, athlon64 box with another ati card - same problem.

I'm afraid advancemame for windows has presented way too many problems for me (read: it's never, ever worked, not even once).

Ummon

• Offline Offline
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2008, 05:34:11 pm »
The card is supposedly supported. There could a hardware conflict related to your mobo, though. This happened to me with an early P4 and a tried-and-true Radeon 7000 I have that's worked in everything else.

Also, did you get the syntax right in the clock values? It has to be 'number(s)-space-slash-space-number(s)-space-slash-space-number(s).

And, if that's not it, it's possible the values you put in for your monitor are out of range. What monitor are you using, what version advmame, and what pixel clock values?
Yo. Chocolate.

Stephen Hawking

Ummon

• Offline Offline
« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2009, 04:26:18 pm »
Posting my current, though largely unchanged over time, rc file. Note that I've made certain clock and format entries for some games to get them to fit as well as possible without stretching, though the majority of games were fine with the main clock and format settings. In cases like 480x512 games run horizontally, it was easiest to use the sdl mode.

Also, perhaps because of how AdvanceMAME handles the timings in a few games (Bubble Bobble is one), though the resolutions aren't odd, I had to add an entry to compensate for that so it would run at CGA resolution, vs doubled.

Game entries are grouped by resolution, either that the games themselves share, or/and what resolution I want them to run at. (I left out the controls settings for the sake of some brevity.)

debug_crash no
debug_rawsound no
debug_speedmark no
device_color_bgr15 yes
device_color_bgr16 yes
device_color_bgr24 yes
device_color_bgr32 yes
device_color_bgr8 yes
device_color_palette8 yes
device_color_yuy2 yes
device_joystick auto
device_keyboard auto
device_lgrawinput_calibration auto
device_mouse auto
device_sdl_samples 2048
device_sound auto
device_svgawin_divideclock no
device_svgawin_skipboard 0
device_svgawin_stub fullscreen
device_video auto
device_video_cursor auto
device_video_doublescan yes
device_video_fastchange no
device_video_interlace yes
device_video_output auto
device_video_overlaysize 1024
device_video_singlescan yes
dir_artwork artwork
dir_diff diff
dir_hi hi
dir_image image
dir_inp inp
dir_memcard memcard
dir_nvram nvram
dir_rom rom
dir_sample sample
dir_snap snaps
dir_sta sta
display_adjust generate_yclock
display_antialias yes
display_artwork_backdrop yes
display_artwork_bezel yes
display_artwork_crop yes
display_artwork_overlay yes
display_aspectx 4
display_aspecty 3
display_beam 1
display_brightness 1
display_buffer no
display_color auto
display_expand 1
display_flicker 0
display_flipx no
display_flipy no
display_frameskip auto
display_gamma 1
display_intensity 1.5
display_interlaceeffect none
display_magnify 1
display_mode auto
display_pausebrightness 1
display_resize fractional
display_resizeeffect none
display_restore no
display_rgbeffect none
display_rol no
display_ror no
display_scanlines no
display_skipcolumns auto
display_skiplines auto
display_translucency yes
display_vsync yes
include
input_hotkey yes
input_idleexit 0
input_map[coin5] auto
input_map[coin6] auto
input_map[coin7] auto
input_map[coin8] auto
input_map[event10] auto
input_map[event11] auto
input_map[event12] auto
input_map[event13] auto
input_map[event14] auto
input_map[event1] auto
input_map[event2] auto
input_map[event3] auto
input_map[event4] auto
input_map[event5] auto
input_map[event6] auto
input_map[event7] auto
input_map[event8] auto
input_map[event9] auto
input_map[p1_dialx] auto
input_map[p1_dialy] auto
input_map[p1_lightgunx] auto
input_map[p1_lightguny] auto
input_map[p1_mousex] auto
input_map[p1_mousey] auto
input_map[p1_paddlex] auto
input_map[p1_paddley] auto
input_map[p1_pedalbrake] auto
input_map[p1_pedalgas] auto
input_map[p1_pedalother] auto
input_map[p1_stickx] auto
input_map[p1_sticky] auto
input_map[p1_stickz] auto
input_map[p1_trackballx] mouse[2,x] -mouse[0,x]
input_map[p1_trackbally] mouse[2,y] -mouse[0,y]
input_map[p2_dialx] auto
input_map[p2_dialy] auto
input_map[p2_lightgunx] auto
input_map[p2_lightguny] auto
input_map[p2_mousex] auto
input_map[p2_mousey] auto
input_map[p2_paddlex] auto
input_map[p2_paddley] auto
input_map[p2_pedalbrake] auto
input_map[p2_pedalgas] auto
input_map[p2_pedalother] auto
input_map[p2_stickx] auto
input_map[p2_sticky] auto
input_map[p2_stickz] auto
input_map[p2_trackballx] auto
input_map[p2_trackbally] auto
input_map[p3_dialx] auto
input_map[p3_dialy] auto
input_map[p3_lightgunx] auto
input_map[p3_lightguny] auto
input_map[p3_mahjong_a] auto
input_map[p3_mahjong_b] auto
input_map[p3_mahjong_bet] auto
input_map[p3_mahjong_c] auto
input_map[p3_mahjong_chance] auto
input_map[p3_mahjong_chi] auto
input_map[p3_mahjong_d] auto
input_map[p3_mahjong_double_up] auto
input_map[p3_mahjong_e] auto
input_map[p3_mahjong_f] auto
input_map[p3_mahjong_flip_flop] auto
input_map[p3_mahjong_g] auto
input_map[p3_mahjong_h] auto
input_map[p3_mahjong_i] auto
input_map[p3_mahjong_j] auto
input_map[p3_mahjong_k] auto
input_map[p3_mahjong_kan] auto
input_map[p3_mahjong_l] auto
input_map[p3_mahjong_m] auto
input_map[p3_mahjong_n] auto
input_map[p3_mahjong_pon] auto
input_map[p3_mahjong_reach] auto
input_map[p3_mahjong_ron] auto
input_map[p3_mahjong_score] auto
input_map[p3_mousex] auto
input_map[p3_mousey] auto
input_map[p3_paddlex] auto
input_map[p3_paddley] auto
input_map[p3_pedalbrake] auto
input_map[p3_pedalgas] auto
input_map[p3_pedalother] auto
input_map[p3_stickx] auto
input_map[p3_sticky] auto
input_map[p3_stickz] auto
input_map[p3_trackballx] auto
input_map[p3_trackbally] auto
input_map[p4_dialx] auto
input_map[p4_dialy] auto
input_map[p4_lightgunx] auto
input_map[p4_lightguny] auto
input_map[p4_mahjong_a] auto
input_map[p4_mahjong_b] auto
input_map[p4_mahjong_bet] auto
input_map[p4_mahjong_c] auto
input_map[p4_mahjong_chance] auto
input_map[p4_mahjong_chi] auto
input_map[p4_mahjong_d] auto
input_map[p4_mahjong_double_up] auto
input_map[p4_mahjong_e] auto
input_map[p4_mahjong_f] auto
input_map[p4_mahjong_flip_flop] auto
input_map[p4_mahjong_g] auto
input_map[p4_mahjong_h] auto
input_map[p4_mahjong_i] auto
input_map[p4_mahjong_j] auto
input_map[p4_mahjong_k] auto
input_map[p4_mahjong_kan] auto
input_map[p4_mahjong_l] auto
input_map[p4_mahjong_m] auto
input_map[p4_mahjong_n] auto
input_map[p4_mahjong_pon] auto
input_map[p4_mahjong_reach] auto
input_map[p4_mahjong_ron] auto
input_map[p4_mahjong_score] auto
input_map[p4_mousex] auto
input_map[p4_mousey] auto
input_map[p4_paddlex] auto
input_map[p4_paddley] auto
input_map[p4_pedalbrake] auto
input_map[p4_pedalgas] auto
input_map[p4_pedalother] auto
input_map[p4_stickx] auto
input_map[p4_sticky] auto
input_map[p4_stickz] auto
input_map[p4_trackballx] auto
input_map[p4_trackbally] auto
input_map[safequit] auto
input_map[service_coin5] auto
input_map[service_coin6] auto
input_map[service_coin7] auto
input_map[service_coin8] auto
input_map[ui_toggle_ui] auto
input_steadykey no
misc_bios default
misc_cheat yes
misc_cheatfile cheat.dat
misc_difficulty none
misc_eventdebug no
misc_eventfile event.dat
misc_freeplay no
misc_hiscorefile hiscore.dat
misc_lang none
misc_languagefile english.lng
misc_mutedemo no
misc_quiet yes
misc_safequit no
misc_timetorun 0
record_sound yes
record_sound_time 15
record_video yes
record_video_interleave 2
record_video_time 15
script_coin1
script_coin2
script_coin3
script_coin4
script_emulation
script_event1
script_event10
script_event11
script_event12
script_event13
script_event14
script_event2
script_event3
script_event4
script_event5
script_event6
script_event7
script_event8
script_event9
script_led1 on(kdb, 0b1); wait(!event()); off(kdb, 0b1);
script_led2 on(kdb, 0b10); wait(!event()); off(kdb, 0b10);
script_led3
script_play
script_safequit
script_start1
script_start2
script_start3
script_start4
script_turbo while (event()) { toggle(kdb, 0b100); delay(100); } off(kdb, 0b100);
script_video wait(!event()); set(kdb, 0);
sound_adjust auto
sound_equalizer_highvolume 0
sound_equalizer_lowvolume 0
sound_equalizer_midvolume 0
sound_latency 0.05
sound_mode auto
sound_normalize yes
sound_samplerate 44100
sound_samples yes
sound_volume -8
sync_fps auto
sync_resample auto
sync_speed 1
sync_startuptime auto
sync_turbospeed 3
ui_color[help_other] 000000 808080
ui_color[help_p1] 000000 ffff00
ui_color[help_p2] 000000 00ff00
ui_color[help_p3] 000000 ff0000
ui_color[help_p4] 000000 00ffff
ui_color[interface] 000000 ffffff
ui_color[select] 000000 afffff
ui_color[tag] 247ef0 ffffff
ui_font auto
ui_fontsize auto
ui_helpimage auto
ui_translucency 0.8
device_video_clock 0-50 / 15.75-36 / 50-90
device_video_format 15750 0.8 0.05 0.15 0 0.851145 0.0687023 0.0152672 0.0648855

mspacman/device_video_format 15720 0.737 0.075 0.074 0.113 0.916 0.012 0.012 0.060
pacman/device_video_format 15720 0.737 0.075 0.074 0.113 0.916 0.012 0.012 0.060
jrpacman/device_video_format 15720 0.737 0.075 0.074 0.113 0.916 0.012 0.012 0.060
mappy/device_video_format 15720 0.737 0.075 0.074 0.113 0.916 0.012 0.012 0.060
xevious/device_video_format 15720 0.737 0.075 0.074 0.113 0.916 0.012 0.012 0.060
superpac/device_video_format 15720 0.737 0.075 0.074 0.113 0.916 0.012 0.012 0.060
pacplus/device_video_format 15720 0.737 0.075 0.074 0.113 0.916 0.012 0.012 0.060
pacmania/device_video_format 15720 0.737 0.075 0.074 0.113 0.916 0.012 0.012 0.060
pacnpal/device_video_format 15720 0.737 0.075 0.074 0.113 0.916 0.012 0.012 0.060
galaga/device_video_format 15720 0.737 0.075 0.074 0.113 0.916 0.012 0.012 0.060
galaga88/device_video_format 15720 0.737 0.075 0.074 0.113 0.916 0.012 0.012 0.060
lgtnfght/device_video_format 15720 0.737 0.075 0.074 0.113 0.916 0.012 0.012 0.060
nebulray/device_video_format 15720 0.737 0.075 0.074 0.113 0.916 0.012 0.012 0.060
digdug/device_video_format 15720 0.737 0.075 0.074 0.113 0.916 0.012 0.012 0.060
gaplus/device_video_format 15720 0.737 0.075 0.074 0.113 0.916 0.012 0.012 0.060
pengo/device_video_format 15720 0.737 0.075 0.074 0.113 0.916 0.012 0.012 0.060
sinistar/device_video_format 15720 0.737 0.075 0.074 0.113 0.916 0.012 0.012 0.060
sonofphx/device_video_format 15720 0.737 0.075 0.074 0.113 0.916 0.012 0.012 0.060

nss_smw/device_video_clock 0-15 / 15-15.75 / 60-62

dorunrun/device_video_clock 0-50 / 14-16.5 / 50-65
dowild/device_video_clock 0-50 / 14-16.5 / 50-65

turfmast/device_video_clock 0-50 / 15-16.5 / 58-61
mslug/device_video_clock 0-50 / 15-16.5 / 58-61
lbowling/device_video_clock 0-50 / 15-16.5 / 58-61

bublbobl/device_video_clock 0-50 / 15-16.5 / 58-61

vector/display_intensity 3

vector/device_video sdl
vector/device_video_output fullscreen
vector/display_mode sdl_1024x768
vector/display_resize fractional

shollow/device_video sdl
shollow/device_video_output fullscreen
shollow/display_mode sdl_1024x768
shollow/display_resize fractional
tron/device_video sdl
tron/device_video_output fullscreen
tron/display_mode sdl_1024x768
tron/display_resize fractional
journey/device_video sdl
journey/device_video_output fullscreen
journey/display_mode sdl_1024x768
journey/display_resize fractional
toobin/device_video sdl
toobin/device_video_output fullscreen
toobin/display_mode sdl_1024x768
toobin/display_resize fractional
kick/device_video sdl
kick/device_video_output fullscreen
kick/display_mode sdl_1024x768
kick/display_resize fractional
gorf/device_video sdl
gorf/device_video_output fullscreen
gorf/display_mode sdl_1024x768
gorf/display_resize fractional
apb/device_video sdl
apb/device_video_output fullscreen
apb/display_mode sdl_1024x768
apb/display_resize fractional
« Last Edit: November 15, 2009, 04:30:16 pm by Ummon »
Yo. Chocolate.

Stephen Hawking

esaelectrionics

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 11, 2013, 01:05:50 pm
« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2009, 01:56:25 pm »
cheers for the .rc file,
im gonna have a good look at any settings that may be useful to my set up,
i will post my .rc file when i can find a way to get if off the machine - its dos only,
i'll find a way! mscdex to access a usbstick :) maybe ...
oh dear i am stuck in a timewarp of dos and a pentium 3.its great to use old bits tho! that would be thrown away.

i use some settings like this is , its all helpful to increase the knowledge of this
version of mame that not many still use, but some of us love.

Ummon

• Offline Offline
« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2009, 11:07:41 pm »
I think one of my 700mhz P3s with XP on it ran more games at proper speed with AdvanceMAME than the same version MAME. I think they were .104 .
Yo. Chocolate.

Stephen Hawking

Jack Burton

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 26, 2023, 11:32:31 pm
« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2009, 12:21:12 am »
Well that makes sense.  It should take the least processing power display a game at native resolution.

Ummon

• Offline Offline
« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2009, 05:32:39 pm »
I don't think that's {necessarily} true. In a Windows environment, I think it depends on what software is being used.
Yo. Chocolate.

Stephen Hawking