Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Well it's up... sorta  (Read 2827 times)

Mametrix-Reloaded

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 22, 2017, 03:51:22 pm
  • The Mametrix Has You
    • Mametrix Reloaded
Well it's up... sorta
« on: May 15, 2003, 07:10:14 pm »
Well, the page to my first cabinet is up, but unfortunately the initial construction pictures are in binary oblivion due to a bad memory card in my camera. Then again, you can see a Lusid initial construction on about a thousand other pages..  ;D

There's no CP artwork yet and the artwork that is on there is temporary for sizing purposes, but I'm open to any suggestions or comments.

http://www.mametrixreloaded.com

This is one of what is already planned out to be at least four seperate cabinets.

-mike

mastercave

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 07, 2003, 10:48:57 am
  • single player cp only
Re:Well it's up... sorta
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2003, 02:54:32 pm »
not sure if i'm correct but did you have pics of a cab that was matrix themed with green buttons and the whole matrix scrolling gimmick on there? if you are....good thing that you decided to go with a more non-green cp. the other one had too much of that green color and sorry to say but it sure was....u.....g....l.....y. just my opinion though, since i would like something with more color. this new one looks a lot better.

Mametrix-Reloaded

• Offline Offline
  • The Mametrix Has You
    • Mametrix Reloaded
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2003, 03:03:53 pm »
Nope, this is my first Mame cabinet. I did choose the name after seeing www.the-mametrix.com and even incorporated a bit of his artwork on the marquee name, but I also thought it was a bit green.

The actual matrix logo is more blue, but eveythign has that washed out look to it so I'm not sure where the neon colors came from.

That's why there is still no CP artwork because I'm trying to come up with something that follows the theme, but is not that green.

I've been working on changing the sideart a bit as well to break up the black more,  and will have new pics up in a day or two.

TazMan

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 08, 2020, 12:24:38 pm
  • It's no easy being green.
    • What is the MAMEtrix?
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2003, 12:15:43 pm »
not sure if i'm correct but did you have pics of a cab that was matrix themed with green buttons and the whole matrix scrolling gimmick on there? if you are....good thing that you decided to go with a more non-green cp. the other one had too much of that green color and sorry to say but it sure was....u.....g....l.....y. just my opinion though, since i would like something with more color. this new one looks a lot better.

Hey Mastercave,

Think the "ugly" one you're referring to is mine.  So, thank you very much, glad you like it  ;D  That's what's nice about this hobby, everyone can make their own cabinet to their own liking (or in this case other's dis-liking).  Sorry to hear you're not digging my design  :(

Maybe you'll like my next one.
 *shrug*
Copyright
« Last Edit: May 20, 2003, 12:29:45 pm by TazMan »

atomaka

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 10, 2004, 10:42:24 am
  • Arcade Newbie!
    • Who is Andy?
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2003, 04:51:13 pm »
You're cab looks sweet man.  I especially like the your marquee setup.  I do like the green style original Mametrix as well though.  Both are great looking cabs from different artists perspectives.  Good work.

I saw that you incorperated a spot to put your PS2.  Good deal.  I was just curious if you had heard of StepMania yet.  It's a program that basically emulates DDR (along with some of the other dancing games) on your PC.  You can add all the songs and steps you want.  All of the official mixes are available and there are plenty of sweet mixes that other people have created for use.  I intend on setting this up on my arcade (when I finally finish it)using the EMS USB2 adapter and some control extenders to place the control slots right under the CP.

Check it out at www.stepmania.com if you are interested.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2003, 04:53:25 pm by atomaka »
~ Andrew Tomaka
:: www.whoisandy.com
:: www.tomler.com

mastercave

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 07, 2003, 10:48:57 am
  • single player cp only
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2003, 05:09:03 pm »
hey taz, glad you didnt take it harshly...when i say ugly i didnt mean like its so ugly that i need to take a bat to it to make it look better, its just not to my taste. :) its like cars, you do whatever you like to it and it represents who you are.

Mametrix-Reloaded

• Offline Offline
  • The Mametrix Has You
    • Mametrix Reloaded
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2003, 05:10:22 pm »
Well I thought the idea of incorporating the PS2 was a great idea.... however my wife has caught DDR fever and now the challenge is to get her off long enough to play the mame games on it.

Now with stepmania, it looks like I'll have to go ahead and make a dedicated DDR cabinet and make a couple of these http://www.angelfire.com/d20/ddrhomepad/ to go along with it.

atomaka

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 10, 2004, 10:42:24 am
  • Arcade Newbie!
    • Who is Andy?
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2003, 01:03:05 am »
haha, I wish I had that kind of money to toss around to build cabs ;)

StepMania is a nice program.  I've used it over the last week at a friend's and have enjoyed it.

And I wish I would have seen that metal pads link before I ordered my foam ones online.  Oh well.  I guess it's just something I'll have to look into for the future.  Thanks for the link!
~ Andrew Tomaka
:: www.whoisandy.com
:: www.tomler.com

Pixelhugger

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 22, 2024, 05:47:08 pm
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2003, 01:32:54 am »

Uhhhhh....what??? I think Taz has done a great job theme-ing his cabinet. In fact his site has been bookmarked in my browser for a while now.
Project mega thread HERE