Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Terminator: Sarah Conner Chronicles *SPOILER WARNING*  (Read 25670 times)

one2three

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 21, 2016, 04:19:58 pm
Re: Terminator: Sarah Conner Chronicles *SPOILER WARNING*
« Reply #80 on: January 28, 2008, 07:35:20 pm »
Strange, the show's website states new episode tonight. Local (Portland, OR) Fox lineup for tonight says they're showing a Harlem Globetrotters Special.

Kinda used to Fox switching thier shows all over the place each week.

DaOld Man

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 13, 2023, 12:03:14 am
  • Wheres my coffee?
    • Skenny's Outpost
« Reply #81 on: January 28, 2008, 07:54:50 pm »
Hmmm, maybe I need to double check, could be the new show comes on at 8:00 or 9:00 (CST)?

DaOld Man

• Offline Offline
  • Wheres my coffee?
    • Skenny's Outpost
« Reply #82 on: January 28, 2008, 08:16:05 pm »
The very first episode is playing right now in Central time zone..

DaOld Man

• Offline Offline
  • Wheres my coffee?
    • Skenny's Outpost
« Reply #83 on: February 12, 2008, 12:59:41 am »
Anyone see the episode tonight? I missed it last week, this episode was pretty good..

RTSDaddy2

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 03, 2014, 08:28:03 pm
  • Bees! Oh bother!
« Reply #84 on: February 12, 2008, 03:05:58 am »
I saw it - thought it was pretty good again too.  I don't know what happened last week either, but pretty much got back into the story from where I last saw it (cheerleader who jumped and its aftermath, etc).

Next week's looks like fun - apparently there will be some looks into the future.

Best line: Sarah: "Field trip, let's go." John: "I call shotgun" Terminator girl (forgot name, sorry): "I call 9 millimeter."

Xiaou2

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 12, 2023, 05:41:19 pm
  • NOM NOM NOM
« Reply #85 on: February 12, 2008, 04:29:31 am »

I havent seen more than 5 min of the show yet,  (caught the tail end)   but that
Terminator is  'Summer Glau'.    I saw her in the movie  'Serenity'  and she was
simply amazing.   Great acting, and also, her fight sceens were great too!  And
ooo,  she is dreamy  :)

I have to say, I saw the movie Serenity on accident when HBO was on in the
background... and I figured it would be some hokey b rate movie.  Boy was I
wrong!  That movie kicked some serious A**!  :)    You HAVE to see it!
Awesome Story.  Awesome Action.  Awesome Acting.

AtomSmasher

• I'm happy to fly below Saint's radar
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 02, 2022, 03:50:10 am
  • I'd rather be rich than stupid.
    • Atomic-Train
« Reply #86 on: February 12, 2008, 10:24:13 am »

I havent seen more than 5 min of the show yet,  (caught the tail end)   but that
Terminator is  'Summer Glau'.    I saw her in the movie  'Serenity'  and she was
simply amazing.   Great acting, and also, her fight sceens were great too!  And
ooo,  she is dreamy  :)

I have to say, I saw the movie Serenity on accident when HBO was on in the
background... and I figured it would be some hokey b rate movie.  Boy was I
wrong!  That movie kicked some serious A**!  :)    You HAVE to see it!
Awesome Story.  Awesome Action.  Awesome Acting.

You should probably check out the show Firefly because Serenity was a continuation of the show.

shardian

• Saint is the evil mastermind
  • Trade Count: (+23)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 21, 2015, 03:11:31 pm
  • Friends don't let friends build frankenpanels...
« Reply #87 on: February 29, 2008, 11:02:19 am »
Bumping this back up for discussion. The wife talked me into watching this show. Here are some of my thoughts:
I was casually entertained by the first 2-3 episodes. Not bad, but not great either. I have no clue what they were thinking with the half-assed suicide girl subplot. That was extrmely poorly executed.
The last 3-4 episodes have been really good though. I think this show has the potential to be really good. I wouldn't be surprised if it is cancelled though, mainly due to the fact that a future trilogy has been planned with Christian Bale as the lead. I doubt they want a conflicting small screen story going on.
Some random thoughts:
-Summer Glau is HOT. I never thought she was very pretty in Firefly or Serenity, but my, my she has matured.
- I have accepted the woman playing Sarah. She does a pretty darn good job.
- The casting of John was done very well. He seems to be a melding of the T2 and T3 John's.
- I accept the time jump forward and the role of T3. The time jump forward served 2 purposes: it brought the cast into current times to reduce budget costs (no making sure sets reflected 1999), it also served the purpose that T3 never happened. (well, the nuclear holocaust would have still happened, but I'll overlook that ;)).
- The Fed. character is pointless. His part in the newest episode was cool though. >:D
- I really like the mystery behind the female Terminator. I think there is something VERY special about her as has been alluded to, and that the Turk plays an important role more for her than for Skynet in general.
-Final thoughts: I really like this show now and hope that it gets another season just to see where it goes. I think the show could do a better job tying up the mythology than 3 new movies could do. Money talks though, and blockbuster movies make a hell of alot more money than a mid-level TV show.

* note, just in case you didn't pick up on it, pay attention to the music at the end of the newest episode.

« Last Edit: February 29, 2008, 11:04:37 am by shardian »

ChadTower

• Chief Kicker - Nobody's perfect, including me. Fantastic body.
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 19, 2022, 12:01:54 pm
« Reply #88 on: February 29, 2008, 11:06:33 am »
- The Fed. character is pointless. His part in the newest episode was cool though. >:D

We have no way of knowing that yet.  He could easily do something that is very very important.  His intercepting the hand and taking it to a place Sarah could intercept it could be hugely important.  Sarah can't get it from an evidence lockup to destroy it but she got it easily from the trunk of his car.

shardian

• Offline Offline
« Reply #89 on: February 29, 2008, 11:11:19 am »
Yeah, now it is pretty much obvious he is gonna become an ally to them. So yes, he makes much more sense now. He was just treading water up until then on the show and it was starting to bug me.

ChadTower

• Offline Offline
« Reply #90 on: February 29, 2008, 11:15:43 am »

The whole "hey the doctor actually believes it" scene would have played out a ton better if they could have used clips from the movie.  People who haven't seen the movie would have no idea wtf he was talking about and their conversation did little to make it clear.  It just made the doctor look like a random Pulp Fiction wacko.

Hoopz

• Don't brand me a troublemaker!
  • Trade Count: (+8)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 09, 2024, 02:36:26 pm
  • Intellivision Rocks!
« Reply #91 on: February 29, 2008, 01:23:05 pm »
It just made the doctor look like a random Pulp Fiction wacko.
That's not necessarily a bad thing. 

DaOld Man

• Offline Offline
  • Wheres my coffee?
    • Skenny's Outpost
« Reply #92 on: March 03, 2008, 07:19:23 pm »
I think the terminator is getting a soul.
May explain the suicidal girl. The she-term wanted to be friends with her before she jumped. Its building up to the she-term becoming more human. (Or maybe Im watching too much battle star galactica, the new series).
But i am wondering why the she-term kept the cpu from the male term?
Anyone else catch the scene of her sticking the removed cpu in her pocket?
Maybe she is still pro-skynet? (Or maybe she realizes that if skynet is not made, she will cease to exist?)
Anyway, i think the last show of the season is tonight. Seems like it's cutting a little short  but I distinctly remember a commercial saying that.
I like the series.
Only thing missing is Ahnold... (But is that really a bad thing?)

SithMaster

• Lets see how happy you are when you need to use a lawn mower and it keeps turning off when you want to cut up zombies.
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 12, 2014, 03:52:59 pm
  • The brightest light casts the darkest shadow.
« Reply #93 on: March 04, 2008, 11:06:32 am »
DaOld Man do you have any idea where i can download the 2 hour finale?  I missed it and the only place i found that has it is the fox website and i would prefer to download it to watch at my leisure.
Back in MY day we lived on the moon and we had to build a rocket ship from scratch to get to the Earth before we suffocated.

vintagegamer

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 16, 2014, 07:41:40 am
  • Seasoned Arcade Survivor.
« Reply #94 on: March 04, 2008, 03:04:15 pm »
I missed the first 45 min b/c I thought it would still start at 9 even tho it was the 2-hr finale..   :hissy:

VG

tk_42_1

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 17, 2010, 03:43:24 pm
  • I suggest a new strategy...Let the Yorkie win!!!
« Reply #95 on: March 04, 2008, 03:30:21 pm »
DaOld Man do you have any idea where i can download the 2 hour finale?  I missed it and the only place i found that has it is the fox website and i would prefer to download it to watch at my leisure.

I see its available on any of the torrent sites , since you do not like to watch it on FOX's website.

DaOld Man

• Offline Offline
  • Wheres my coffee?
    • Skenny's Outpost
« Reply #96 on: March 04, 2008, 05:10:38 pm »

No sorry I dont know. I didnt tape it...

shardian

• Offline Offline
« Reply #97 on: March 04, 2008, 11:21:09 pm »
Watched it, liked it. It is obvious that it was not intended to be the finale, but worked as a cliffhanger anyways. If I had to guess, the 9th episode would have originally aired around the Christmas holiday break if the show would have aired in the Fall as planned. Anyways, I hope this show comes back. It has the potential to really hit a stride in a second season.

Mild Spoiler: Stop here if you haven't watched the finale!!

I Really liked the way they did the Cromartie Vs. Feds encounter! The music, the lead-up, the pool, everything was just super cool!! It just goes to show that clever indirect views to action can actually be better than the direct action.
That was my favorite scene of the whole series.

shardian

• Offline Offline
« Reply #98 on: March 04, 2008, 11:41:28 pm »
BTW, the nielsen ratings show that 8 million people watched the finale. That is pretty darn impressive considering the current post strike slump that has killed most new shows. My guesstimate is that if the strike never happened, this show would have around 12-13 million watchers.

This show was supposed to be tied to "24". That never happened of course, and the show was forced to stand on its own and I think did well. My gut feeling is that this show will be back to be paired with "24" as originally planned in 2009.

DaOld Man

• Offline Offline
  • Wheres my coffee?
    • Skenny's Outpost
« Reply #99 on: March 05, 2008, 06:28:56 am »

Mild Spoiler: Stop here if you haven't watched the finale!!

I agree with all you said about that last scene. Superb.

ChadTower

• Offline Offline
« Reply #100 on: March 05, 2008, 07:58:02 am »
I Really liked the way they did the Cromartie Vs. Feds encounter! The music, the lead-up, the pool, everything was just super cool!! It just goes to show that clever indirect views to action can actually be better than the direct action.
That was my favorite scene of the whole series.

Both my wife and I said the same thing:  It was pretty, and artsy, and completely out of line with the rest of the series.  It also made zero sense that, knowing the dude is a terminator, the agent would make a raid on him anyway.  Ellison spent all that time telling people he believed, found a terminator, and then attacked it head on.  Duh.  The whole thing was seriously forced into the show so they could have that spiffy Johnny Cash underwater scene.  That belonged in some movie I probably wouldn't bother seeing.  I'm not a fan of the current "ultraviolence juxtaposed with unexpected music" trend that seems to be in every A list artsy action movie now. 

I did really like Reese taking John to see his father for his birthday.  Didn't see that one coming.  That was a fantastic gift.  I figured it was just some random kids playing ball.

shardian

• Offline Offline
« Reply #101 on: March 05, 2008, 08:23:38 am »

Both my wife and I said the same thing:  It was pretty, and artsy, and completely out of line with the rest of the series.  It also made zero sense that, knowing the dude is a terminator, the agent would make a raid on him anyway.  Ellison spent all that time telling people he believed, found a terminator, and then attacked it head on.  Duh. 

Why wouldn't it make sense? He's a cocky F.B.I. agent with a full SWAT team. He now believes that Sarah Connor took out a few of them herself, so he figured it would be easy with a whole armed to the teeth team. That was the whole point of the exercise - to show him that he didn't mean crap and that the Terminator was WAY more powerful than he originally thought.

ChadTower

• Offline Offline
« Reply #102 on: March 05, 2008, 08:49:08 am »

He wasn't a cocky FBI agent.  He was a man of heavy faith that has come to believe the apocalypse is imminent and soon.  He knew what he was potentially up against. It would make sense for the other agent to lead that raid but for Ellison it was out of line with the direction his character had come.

tk_42_1

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 17, 2010, 03:43:24 pm
  • I suggest a new strategy...Let the Yorkie win!!!
« Reply #103 on: March 05, 2008, 10:15:22 am »
I take it this scene is question (Ellison vs Cromartie) was after Reese's birthday present to John?  I thought I was missing something.  Damn DVR stopped recording right after John was crying.  I was like where are all the SWAT agents that they showed in the commercials??  Guess I need to start recording this show when it comes back on (it will, I know it will) an extra 15 minutes.  LOST did this to me in season one and Torchwood did it to me earlier this year.  :angry:

ChadTower

• Offline Offline
« Reply #104 on: March 05, 2008, 10:23:17 am »

Yeah, they stormed the Terminator and he killed them all and threw them off the balcony into the pool.  The whole scene was showed from the bottom of the pool - all you saw was dudes dropping into the pool and turning red - while a Johnny Cash song played.  It was in slow motion just to put the pretension over the top a bit more.

At the end Ellison is the only one still standing.  The Terminator walks up to him, points a gun at his chest, and walks away without shooting while Ellison shakes the brick from his pants.

While this is going on a random bulletin goes over the EMT/Police band asking units to stand by, describing the FBI raid, and giving out way too much info on a public broadcast frequency.  The EMT guy not only hears it, figures it out from the info, and happens to be a block away.  He shows up just in time to see the Terminator walking away.  He then run into the courtyard and gives Ellison a "you dumb ---fudgesicle---" look and they cut away.

DaOld Man

• Offline Offline
  • Wheres my coffee?
    • Skenny's Outpost
« Reply #105 on: March 05, 2008, 05:15:03 pm »
The EMT guy is Sarah's ex boyfriend. he knows all about the terminators. He knew what was going on, why he rushed there I dont get, unless he wanted to see it for himself, or maybe he thought John and sarah were involved too.

ChadTower

• Offline Offline
« Reply #106 on: March 05, 2008, 07:46:18 pm »
The EMT guy is Sarah's ex boyfriend. he knows all about the terminators. He knew what was going on, why he rushed there I dont get, unless he wanted to see it for himself, or maybe he thought John and sarah were involved too.

That's the point - they don't announce raids over public frequencies before they happen and they absolutely don't broadcast the name of the person about to be raided. 

hyiu

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 29, 2014, 05:36:15 am
  • too many games... too little time....
« Reply #107 on: March 05, 2008, 08:55:10 pm »
I agree... they should not be bcasting that FBI are raiding some place... the exact address, and who they're raiding...

that said... I still enjoyed the show.... looking forard to the next season !!
:)
Another Brilliant mind ruined by education....  :p

shardian

• Offline Offline
« Reply #108 on: April 16, 2008, 12:55:56 pm »
Bumped due to news:
http://tv.ign.com/articles/866/866880p1.html

Looks like the show will be back in the fall.

AtomSmasher

• Offline Offline
    • Atomic-Train
« Reply #109 on: April 16, 2008, 04:49:19 pm »
Nice.  I hope it comes back.

SirPeale

• Green Mountain Man
  • Global Moderator
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 04, 2023, 09:51:57 am
  • Arcade Repair in New England
    • Arcade Game and Other Coin-Op Projects
« Reply #110 on: April 16, 2008, 06:35:47 pm »
This is good news.  I enjoyed the show.

Grasshopper

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 08, 2023, 07:20:31 am
  • life, don't talk to me about life
« Reply #111 on: April 20, 2008, 01:46:26 pm »
That's great news.

I'm a late convert to the show, and because of that I've only actually seen the last three episodes. But I've been pleasantly surprised by how good it is.

The budget is obviously ridiculously low compared to the movies but they've done a very credible job with the resources they were given.

I also really liked the final shootout between the Swat team and Cromartie. Very effectively done. The sense of impending doom reminds me a bit of the final shootout at the end of The Wild Bunch. Yes of course it was artsy and pretentious but I like artsy and pretentious. ;D

And Summer Glau is utterly hypnotic as the good Terminator. I'd watch the show just to see her. I honestly don't understand how anyone could describe her as being below average. I guess there's no accounting for taste.
"Patriotism is the last refuge of the scoundrel." - Samuel Johnson

DaOld Man

• Offline Offline
  • Wheres my coffee?
    • Skenny's Outpost
« Reply #112 on: May 01, 2008, 08:42:01 pm »
Bumped due to news:
http://tv.ign.com/articles/866/866880p1.html

Looks like the show will be back in the fall.

Sweeeetttt!!!!!!

AtomSmasher

• Offline Offline
    • Atomic-Train
« Reply #113 on: July 08, 2008, 12:35:41 am »
I just saw a preview for the new season, so it looks like the show is definately coming back   ;D

ChadTower

• Offline Offline
« Reply #114 on: July 08, 2008, 12:57:18 pm »
The budget is obviously ridiculously low compared to the movies but they've done a very credible job with the resources they were given.

At the same time, ridiculously high for a first season TV show.  Glad to see it's coming back, though a little concerned.  It took them like three years to make Season 1.  Hope this one doesn't turn out like a hot band's second rushed and crappy album.

shardian

• Offline Offline
« Reply #115 on: July 08, 2008, 01:24:42 pm »
They have also elevated Brian Austen Green and the Terminator guy to regular cast status. I was not a fan of the terminator guy...until the finale. He was a ---smurfing--- badass and he didn't even do anything on screen! :laugh2:

DaOld Man

• Offline Offline
  • Wheres my coffee?
    • Skenny's Outpost
« Reply #116 on: August 18, 2008, 07:07:27 am »
Bumped to just let you know that fox is re-running the first season of this series on TV. (May have started last week, I just noticed it last Wednesday night and it came on again last night.) I think last night was the third or fourth episode.
Getting ready for the new series I guess.

DaOld Man

• Offline Offline
  • Wheres my coffee?
    • Skenny's Outpost
« Reply #117 on: August 18, 2008, 09:17:37 pm »
Another episode has just come on right now on Fox.
Central time: 8:17 pm

DaOld Man

• Offline Offline
  • Wheres my coffee?
    • Skenny's Outpost
« Reply #118 on: August 19, 2008, 05:50:14 pm »
yet another episode tonight. 8:00 PM CST USA.