Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Anyone using an Xarcade Joystick? Interested in skins?  (Read 7423 times)

Cadder

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 15, 2008, 09:58:10 am
Anyone using an Xarcade Joystick? Interested in skins?
« on: January 09, 2008, 06:35:54 am »
Greetings, users.

Over the past couple of years I have been "tinkering" with a Mame box that I've never quite got around to finishing the hardware for... but that's another story. Meantime, I've been using Doscad/Wincab Jukebox on the same machine, and unsurprisingly, the machine gets used more as a jukebox than a MAME box.
However, I have done the hard part - and that is configuring my dual-joystick Xarcade controller to control DWJ in a coherent fashion, and even gone so far as to create a skin (OK, it's not created from scratch, it's a mod of the "main" skin).

I was just wondering if anyone else is using this type of controller?

I'm presently working on a CD-based version of the same skin (this will need work from the ground up). If anyone is interested, I'll upload the skins when they're done.
Cad nominatim, CAD per professio, cad per vis.

carnid

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 17, 2012, 10:29:53 pm
Re: Anyone using an Xarcade Joystick? Interested in skins?
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2008, 10:00:59 am »
I am in the process of completing the finishing touches to my Mameroom cabinet with which I have used the x-arcade xxl panel.  I have read a lot of negatives on this board with regards to the controller, however I have no complaints, however still very much an amateur and have no other controllers to compare it to.  Anyway - if you do have skins or themes I would definitely be interested.  I was thinking of making my own for Maximus Arcade which is what I use for my frontend.  What software do you use for the jukebox - I have a ton of songs on itunes and would be interested in using my cab for this also?

MyCatSucks

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 25, 2023, 03:57:15 pm
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2008, 04:08:11 pm »
I thikn I would be interested in skins. I have not received my XXL yet but I did have the intention of painting it or getting a skin on it.

Cadder

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 15, 2008, 09:58:10 am
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2008, 11:10:33 am »
ummm.. maybe I should've been more specific.

I'm happily using DWjukebox (since this IS posted in the Dos/Wincab forum...)... and I was referring to skins for that particular app configured for an X-arcade, not skinning the Joystick itself.
Cad nominatim, CAD per professio, cad per vis.