Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: -VENDOR- Turnarcades Custom-built Arcades  (Read 42051 times)

Turnarcades

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 13, 2017, 08:14:29 am
  • Craig @ Turnarcades
    • Turnarcades
-VENDOR- Turnarcades Custom-built Arcades
« on: January 05, 2008, 03:47:54 pm »
Hi Everyone, this is Craig from Turnarcades in the UK.

Turnarcades are based in the West Midlands, England, and build custom-made arcade cabinets, control panels and Jukeboxes for customers in the UK and Europe. We offer a complete range of cabinets and builds, with a simple pricing system to help you price up your ideal system. The basic prices are listed on our website found here:

http://www.turnarcades.co.uk

and also on the BYOAC wiki page here;

http://wiki.arcadecontrols.com/wiki/Turnarcades

The basic price gets you a 'turn-key' machine, which is a fully assembled, completed machine with your choice of button colours and marquee design, a Pentium 3 PC around 1Ghz, i-pac interface, quality PC speakers and a CRT monitor included. All you need to add is your own software and games. Every machine is hand-built primarily from MDF and finished with a weather-proof black paint, heavy-duty rubber T-moulding, shatter-resistant acrylic and all have doors to access the internals should you wish to do any modifying yourself.

Turnarcades machines are primarily designed for the UK market, and as such all are designed with space in mind. This means that where needed, the cabinets have been designed for ease of movement and for moving about the house between even narrow door frames where possible. For example, the 'Master' cabinet is a full size two-player machine, but is 23" wide with no protrusions so it will go through most doorways (UK houses don't always have large access points, garages or basements to make games rooms of). Playing room is not compromised though, and two adults can comfortably play side-by-side on it. Even the 4-player 'King' cabinet has a detachable control panel, so the main bulk of the cabinet will fit in easy.

The options you have are fairly limitless. We have a selection of set-priced options, such as a lit marquee for £25, side-art at £50, 2.1 speaker system for £40, Sanwa Joysticks for £40, coin doors at £70, LCD screen upgrades for all machines, Pentium 4 upgrades on most machines and many others. Although we work from a set of fixed dimensions, customers can also specify certain shell dimension changes, such as slimline cabinets, varied control panel heights and slightly wider machines to house larger monitors etc. Prices for these kinds of modifications vary, so are given individually.

Average construction time is about 4 weeks, and construction photos are sent to the customer as we build. A deposit is required of up to 50% of the total cost (depending on the cabinet and options) to cover materials and components, with the final balance due upon completion. This is a home-build operation and this protects us in the event of non-payers or people who change their mind.

So far we have built around 30 machines for customers, a small selection of which is shown here:

We are open to new challenges, and can make cabinets of almost any kind. There may be some projects that are too costly or time-consuming, and if this is the case we would advise you of an alternative way forward. That said, we believe our range covers all gamer's budgets and tastes, from the budget space-saving 'Bar-Top', right up to our 32" wide-screen, 4-player monster 'Supreme' cabinet.

We currently only arrange collections and deliveries in the UK as we have no partner courier service, but we are willing to send machines to any country if the customer is willing to arrange. We do not currently have an official website, but requests and queries can be made to my current e-mail address samshaw946@hotmail.com. If you do not see what you are after, just ask. We can do most of these cabinets in kit form, from bare wood up to fully assembled with blank control panels and no electronics. Anything is possible!

Craig @ Turnarcades

P.S. I welcome any comments or suggestions from BYOAC members....
« Last Edit: January 26, 2009, 10:01:50 pm by saint »

Turnarcades

• Offline Offline
  • Craig @ Turnarcades
    • Turnarcades
Re: Turnarcades Custom-built Arcades
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2008, 08:54:38 am »
From time to time I will post pics of cabinets I am building for customers, as an idea of the range we can offer. The cabinets I post will usually be original cabinets that the customer has requested, or first-built concepts to showcase good examples of our base units.

Here are a couple of pics of projects that are in progress at the moment:

This picture shows the work in progress on a slimline version of our 'Mini' cabinet. The customer wanted a cabinet that was good value for money, economical on space, and could both fit through his loft hatch and be stationed under his roof apex to save space. The cabinet will have a 17" LCD screen and differently-mounted internals due to the narrower dimensions and weight distribution needed. Note the angled lower section which creates a better centre of gravity in the absence of no flat wall to prop it up against, and the 45 degree slope on the top to match the roof apex:

The following images show our first Box Arcade machine. Ths is our self-contained arcade, which houses a mini-itx motherboard and all the PC components inside, with the control panel mounted on top. It can connect to a VGA port (monitors or modern TV's), RCA (projectors, TV's etc.) or S-Video so can be used with pretty much any display. This Box Arcade is smaller than most projects that have been tried before, and with some re-jigging could be even smaller than the current 26"x14"x6" dimensions:

More pictures and projects soon...

Angry_Radish

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 24, 2020, 06:36:17 pm
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2008, 12:33:00 pm »
I'll take the fruit machine in the background please!  :cheers:

Turnarcades

• Offline Offline
  • Craig @ Turnarcades
    • Turnarcades
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2008, 05:16:59 am »
You're welcome to it! The third reel's playing up.

Damn mechanical devices!

Turnarcades

• Offline Offline
  • Craig @ Turnarcades
    • Turnarcades
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2008, 09:56:49 am »
Major announcement about Turnarcades products!

I'm proud to announce a major addition to the Turnarcades product line. I have recently been in talks about improving the Turnarcades products by getting software developers and some important business partners on board. The first of these to announce is with regards to forum regular Minwah who most of you should know...

As of February 2008, all Turnarcades arcade machines and projects will (where a PC is installed) feature the ever-popular arcade menu/frontend system MAMEWAH! Steve (Minwah) and myself have made an agreement that means all Turnarcades arcade machines will come pre-installed with a Turnarcades-skinned setup of MAMEWAH pre-installed. The software setup will completely configured for use with the arcade controls installed on each machine, and will have pre-configured skins and initialisation files for a selection of major platform emulators, Namely Arcade (MAME), SNES, NES, Gameboy (inc. GB Colour), Megadrive (Genesis), Master System, Game Gear, Atari 2600, 32X, Atari Lynx, Neo-Geo Pocket and PC Engine (TurboGrafx 16). Further platforms may be added (eg N64, Mega CD etc.) depending on requirements and system specification.

This is our first step to creating the closest thing to an all-in emuation cabinet that can be had in the UK and Europe. We will hopefully soon be sorting out an agreement with exporters (to get us into the US for a reasonable price), parts manufacturers (to reduce our overheads), CNC manufacturers (to create non-customised, standardised flat-pack machines), and maybe even one or two game companies (to get a legitimate game line-up pre-installed on licence).

I will let you know when we have some more info. Until then, check out the Turnarcades range with this link;

http://wiki.arcadecontrols.com/wiki/Turnarcades
and follow our custom jobs in this thread.

Craig @ Turnarcades
« Last Edit: July 05, 2009, 06:55:35 pm by Turnarcades »

Turnarcades

• Offline Offline
  • Craig @ Turnarcades
    • Turnarcades
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2008, 12:01:17 pm »
It started with me on my own, but now I have several padouin!

Turnarcades

• Offline Offline
  • Craig @ Turnarcades
    • Turnarcades
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2008, 04:07:26 pm »
Finally the Turnarcades Box Arcade prototype is finished! Here you can see the installed components and internal wiring, the overall proportions and just how much space there is to spare inside the unit. Building this prototype with Mini-ITX technology has shown me just how small I could go if needs be. The final picture shows the machine hooked up to my 40" LCD TV, and although you can't tell from the pic, the image is mint!

« Last Edit: July 05, 2009, 06:38:10 pm by Turnarcades »

Havok

• Keeper of the __Blue_Stars___
  • Trade Count: (+17)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 22, 2023, 09:14:44 pm
  • Insufficient facts always invite danger.
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2008, 11:20:19 pm »
Looks good so far, I know this is a tough business to make profitable, best of luck!

:cheers:

Turnarcades

• Offline Offline
  • Craig @ Turnarcades
    • Turnarcades
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2008, 08:56:10 am »
I knew it would be difficult, which is why I chose to keep it as a home-build setup to reduce overheads. We have a professional workshop though and all the cabinet designs and dimensions were designed and tested by me; not nicked from the net or from other people's plans like some less-successful builders have done.

Getting Mamewah on-board is a good step towards raising profile, but even before this the demand has surprised even me. We have had a waiting list going for about 2 years now, as people know we are the cheapest and we are the only ones in the UK offering the cabinet range and custom work we do.

Hopefully I can raise our profile on BYOAC too, as although the idea of building your own is what draws a lot of people here, it gives me chance to showcase what we have done so far, and show UK gamers that there is an operation like this available near to them.

Plus comments from home-build regulars on BYOAC helps us to refine the line we offer.

Turnarcades

• Offline Offline
  • Craig @ Turnarcades
    • Turnarcades
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2008, 05:28:37 pm »
Here are some further photos showing the slimline 'Mini' Cabinet we are currently working on. This shows the final lick of paint, installation of the marquee lighting and T-moulding, and the control panel buttons.

Here is a slightly larger Bar-Top, designed to have the same playing space as our regular 'Master' cabinet, but be shallower and in the form of a Bar-Top for easy storage and transportation.

« Last Edit: January 22, 2008, 12:21:00 pm by samshaw946 »

Turnarcades

• Offline Offline
  • Craig @ Turnarcades
    • Turnarcades
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2008, 01:36:44 pm »
Here are some further photos of the slimline 'Mini' cabinet, now nearing completion. The customer is a fan of Sonic CD, so I have put together a custom Sonic/Mecha-Sonic Marquee and some small side-art to give it some theme. The 17" LCD monitor looks large in this slimline machine and is very clear. The only thing to add now is some joysticks and the mini-pac wiring and interface. You can see the size difference compared to one of our regular upright 'Master' machines.

Havok

• Keeper of the __Blue_Stars___
  • Trade Count: (+17)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 22, 2023, 09:14:44 pm
  • Insufficient facts always invite danger.
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2008, 11:06:50 pm »
Any plans for a cockpit cab?

Turnarcades

• Offline Offline
  • Craig @ Turnarcades
    • Turnarcades
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2008, 02:52:49 pm »
I'm looking at a few cockpit designs for racing cabinets; a projector-based racing seat/cabinet, a racer based on our 'Mini' cabinet, with optional removeable bench, as well as an enclosed cockpit machine and a couple of full-size GTI-Club size racing cabinets.

Is there anything specific you have in mind? I can knock up an image and se if it is popular. 

Turnarcades

• Offline Offline
  • Craig @ Turnarcades
    • Turnarcades
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2008, 03:47:12 pm »
Here are some update photos on a couple of our current projects.....

Firstly you can see the large-scale Bar-Top very near completion. Visually the cabinet is very nearly finished, with a few minor touches to clean up the exterior. Inside, the speakers are fitted behind the left side of the marquee and under the right side of the control panel respectively, giving a nice stereo sound stage, and the 19"LCD gives a nice ample viewing area leaving plenty of space behind for the PC components and ventilation. The PC is now programmed and will be fitted over the next few days...

This is a picture of a typical 'Master' cabinet close to finishing. There are no major frills on this machine except for a 2.1 speaker system, but I thought I'd include a picture to show one of our average builds...

Turnarcades

• Offline Offline
  • Craig @ Turnarcades
    • Turnarcades
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2008, 07:52:37 pm »
Aquick message to say that www.turnarcades.co.uk is soon to be the new home of Turnarcades but right now we are finalising the design and layout. Check back in a couple of weeks and you should see our fully functional site!

Turnarcades

• Offline Offline
  • Craig @ Turnarcades
    • Turnarcades
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2008, 07:31:19 pm »
Here is one of our latest designs, custom-made for a customer wanting a 'part-time' cabinet to house his laptop. The cabinet allows a laptop to be opened and inserted from the rear, so the keyboard is accessible under the control panel. This cabinet was designed with a 'car-bonnet' control panel to allow easy access to the keyboard, plus it has a mouse scroll-wheel pushed through from underneath to be used as a volume control, and a shell-mounted USB hub for plugging in peripherals. The cabinet is nearly finished, with just a few touches needed to finish.

Kajoq

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 06, 2023, 10:22:29 pm
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2008, 08:39:05 pm »
I like that laptop-bartop, Pretty cool idea, and the extended control panel pulls you back from the screen a bit so you dont have your nose shoved in the monitor, which seems to be a little bit of a problem with bartops in general.

Are you mounting the screens in your bartops completely vertical or giving them any sort of angle?  It seems like it would be a little more comfortable to have it slanted back a touch

Turnarcades

• Offline Offline
  • Craig @ Turnarcades
    • Turnarcades
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2008, 07:07:39 am »
Thanks. In all our machines we give the monitor a bit of a slant. I don't work in angles, instead basing the slant on the upper-corner distance from the marquee front, which is parallel with the cabinet front, as shown here;

As you can see, the slant is a little different on the uprights we do, as you invariably look down slightly at the screen. On a bar-top, a little slant is necessary for aesthetics and to keep things in proportion, but too much would create a little glare and maybe a 'ghosted' picture, as can happen on LCD's when viewed from a certain angle.

Kajoq

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 06, 2023, 10:22:29 pm
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2008, 02:24:31 pm »
Cool, It must have just been a trick of perspective because that standard bartop picture looked like it was completely vertical.

From those images though, looks like its just about right.  Seem to be making some nice models

Turnarcades

• Offline Offline
  • Craig @ Turnarcades
    • Turnarcades
« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2008, 09:04:05 pm »
We're trying to be as versatile as we can be; no one here in the UK is doing custom work like we do, and our standard range is bigger than most. We hope to have an entire arcade showroom at some point in the future that allows customers to come and inspect the designs first and playtest them. Even if we take the inevitable step of moving into CNC cut cabinets, we will remain a custom outfit to maximise our appeal.

Turnarcades

• Offline Offline
  • Craig @ Turnarcades
    • Turnarcades
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2008, 10:10:51 pm »
Here is the completed 'Laptop-Bar-Top' cabinet in all it's glory. The first two show the machine's profile, with a handy 4-port USB hub on the side to allow joypad/peripheral expansion to the housed laptop, whilst the last picture shows the machine running in it's new home, with it's huge 19" LCD display really filling the monitor area well.

Turnarcades

• Offline Offline
  • Craig @ Turnarcades
    • Turnarcades
« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2008, 09:53:21 am »
I've been away a while both due to illness and taking care of business but now I'm back and will be posting some new projects here soon to show what's happening in the world of Turnarcades.

Sales are going well and our build schedule is growing for the Summer. To allow for this we are currently having a new workshop built that will allow for more running projects and a new battle plan for this Christmas. We are currently finishing up a 4-player 'King' cabinet that for once has been well documented in pictures so more people can get an idea of how this two-piece machine really looks. Many people have enquired about this machine but have been reluctant due to not having a photo-documented example available. Here is a quick preview of the current project as it stands at the moment:

The two-piece design is the key point of this machine, with the main body wide enough to fit through regular UK doorways.

Contrary to our usual 'build on demand' operation, we will be building a number of 2-player 'Master' machines in advance, ready for the Winter/Christmas order period. In recent years we have had to start Christmas orders in September to cope with demand and have had to turn people down come December. We will be building several in reserve over Summer as this cabinet is in highest demand. Many customising options will still be available for each order, though for speed they will have the standard PC and the larger 21" monitors already installed, so people will be limited to cosmetic options mostly. This way we can fill more orders in the busy Christmas period.

Over the next 12 months we plan to rent a new unit, that will be split to allow for a new expansion business, related to arcade gaming but is a little hush-hush at the moment. Turnarcades will still continue doing custom builds though, and may soon be able to have a complete arcade showcase room showing off all of our regular builds.

Keep checking back for more updates and in the meantime check out our (soon to be revised, honest!) website at www.turnarcades.co.uk for details and pricing.

:cheers:
« Last Edit: July 05, 2009, 06:50:13 pm by Turnarcades »

Turnarcades

• Offline Offline
  • Craig @ Turnarcades
    • Turnarcades
« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2008, 07:31:50 pm »
This super-slim Bar-Top is a project we built recently for a charity auction event that unfortunately got cancelled. As a result the machine is now up for sale at a reduced price to anyone who is interested. Usually we would build this machine at a cost of around £600, but I'm looking for offers in the region of £500. (Please PM if you are interested).

We built it as a good gesture and as an excercise in build practice, to show we could cram all the regular features of one of our big machines into a small unit. The machine has a 1Ghz, 256mb RAM PC inside, which performs brilliantly thanks to our software tweaks, and it is pre-configured and set up with our custom Mamewah/Turnarcades front-end and jukebox. Unlike most Bar-Tops, ours feature a full set of 2-player controls and it also has a large 18" LCD screen and internally-mounted stereo speakers, all in a unit standing just 18" wide x 22" high x 14" deep!

janey6152

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 31, 2016, 03:39:36 pm
« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2008, 10:37:23 am »
super-slim Bar-Top is a project

I love it.. Can you ship to USA , NEW YORK ZIP 10452

if so how much in USA $$$$

thanks

janet

Turnarcades

• Offline Offline
  • Craig @ Turnarcades
    • Turnarcades
« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2008, 11:16:40 am »
Hi Janet and thanks for the comments. Unfortunately we don't ship to the US as shipping charges are ridiculous. I've checked and it would cost around £300 to ship from here by international courier, plus I doubt I could vouch for it's safety. All in it would cost about £800, or $1600 to you guys!

Turnarcades

• Offline Offline
  • Craig @ Turnarcades
    • Turnarcades
« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2008, 07:08:32 pm »
Just to let everyone who enquired know the super-slim compact Bar-Top hasnow been sold. Thanks to all who enquired.  :cheers:

Turnarcades

• Offline Offline
  • Craig @ Turnarcades
    • Turnarcades
« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2008, 07:22:58 pm »
For those who have been awaiting a finished pic of the Turnarcades 'King' cabinet, we finally have one. Without a documented build until now a lot of enquirers were unsure as to how well the two-piece design would work and how proportioned the final machine would look. Although this is not our first, it is the only one we have pics for so maybe this will now encourage others to consider the few pounds extra for a full party-gaming arcade machine!

Let me know what you guys think, and bear in mind I am aware of the lack of extra controls (trackball etc.) but this is the basic machine with no extras asked for....

pboreham

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 28, 2008, 04:36:53 am
« Reply #27 on: May 23, 2008, 05:16:19 am »
That looks superb   :cheers:

Think I will build another cab one day...
Dont Laugh! My first build blog...

http://paulmakescab.blogspot.com

pkellum

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 24, 2009, 12:53:04 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #28 on: May 27, 2008, 03:06:58 am »

Ok, I give up, what is the name of the game in the third photo? 

BTW, great designs!

Turnarcades

• Offline Offline
  • Craig @ Turnarcades
    • Turnarcades
« Reply #29 on: May 27, 2008, 09:58:40 am »
Thanks! No idea on the game though. Could be a Sailor Moon game.

Turnarcades

• Offline Offline
  • Craig @ Turnarcades
    • Turnarcades
« Reply #30 on: June 14, 2008, 07:59:42 pm »
Some more pics of a running 'King' cabinet for general viewing - a lot of people are now asking for details of this machine so I've posted a few more views of the machine for potential customers, with the mounted side-art in place and the lit marquee in all it's glory.

« Last Edit: June 14, 2008, 08:01:56 pm by Turnarcades »

Turnarcades

• Offline Offline
  • Craig @ Turnarcades
    • Turnarcades
« Reply #31 on: June 14, 2008, 08:12:47 pm »
To let anyone know who is interested in ordering a machine from us that we have had a revised strategy for this year's Winter period. We now have custom orders taking us into the middle of August, at which point we will cease doing custom orders until January next year.

As demand is very high towards Christmas (and in recent years we have had to turn down custom after a few orders), we will be starting to build a large number of 'Master' cabinets ready for the Winter period as these are the most popular design. The machines will be finished to certain level to save time, but will be left cosmetically incomplete so most options will still be available on them. This means customers will still be able to choose their button colours and marquee designs, and also have a few optional extras like side-art and upgraded speakers etc., but the lead time will be significantly reduced and we can fill more orders. Those wanting other designs or major custom design work will have to wait until a quieter period.

For any enquiries about this posting or any of our machines, please contact me through the regular channels.

Turnarcades

• Offline Offline
  • Craig @ Turnarcades
    • Turnarcades
« Reply #32 on: June 18, 2008, 10:30:07 pm »
One of our customers who bought a 'wood-only' cabinet kit from us is documenting his first cabinet build on his website;

http://www.greentango.co.uk/?id=mame_arcade.php

Though this kit is based on dimensions supplied by the customer (rather than one of our regular set cabinet kits), it has been designed to be put together using our build methods so our regular construction plans can be closely followed. The customer opted for our 'finishing kit' which will complete the machine once the paint and T-moulding has been supplied.

This shows how well are kits work and that the plans are easy to follow, for anyone thinking of ordering a kit from us. Hopefully some new photos of his progress will be posted soon so we can view the finished article.

Turnarcades

• Offline Offline
  • Craig @ Turnarcades
    • Turnarcades
« Reply #33 on: August 28, 2008, 09:44:47 pm »
Been a while since I added to this thread due to business demands. We always spend more time working on machines than playing them!

Anyway, here is a selection of cabinets we have built over the last few months;

The most significant of these is the second cab, which features the new Ultimarc U-Trak centrally mounted on a control panel just 25" wide x 8" deep. The others are fairly standard affairs, but show how much a standard machine can vary with the right choice of options etc.

Turnarcades

• Offline Offline
  • Craig @ Turnarcades
    • Turnarcades
« Reply #34 on: August 28, 2008, 10:22:03 pm »
As I'm currently working on a new machine for my own personal use (which will serve as a prototype for a new model in the Turnarcades range...watch this space!), I am currently selling a few things to create some space. The first of these is my old MAME cabinet, which was built for my own use before I launched Turnarcades. Here is a picture of the cabinet I took a while back;

The cabinet started life as a generic BAS or Silverline Jamma cabinet, before being converted by me. The cabinet was swabbed down and re-covered in black adhesive vinyl to clean up the exterior, and all the insides gutted so it could be converted for MAME. It has a 21" high-quality internet TV (brand new when installed with both SCART and S-Video inputs), 2 sets of player controls (Suzo sticks and Happ pushbuttons) all interfaced to a mini-pac for the PC and also hard-wired into two hacked PSX pads so you can play PS1/2 games in the cabinet too. It also has a P3 1Ghz PC inside set up with the Turnarcades software. It has wheels on the rear bottom for ease of movement, but stability when placed flat.

A few parts were stripped from the cabinet for use on other projects over the last year or so. The machine has a genuine coin door and coin box door, but the coin mech and locks have been removed (not that these make any difference to the overall cabinet). There is no installed Playstation (removed to go into another project) and there is no TV-out card on the PC (easily picked up elsewhere) but besides that it's ready to go. The 2 PS1 G-con guns will not be included unless someone offers the right price for them, as it took me a while to source them. Again, there are tidy gun holsters on there due to the pedestal design so you could always add some LCD TopGuns or something.

The cabinet has been stood for a while and has been covered up for over 12 months, so is now a little dusty. The slanted top/rear panel appears to have absorbed a lot of moisture as it has warped a bit and there are no rear panels as this is how the cabinet was when I converted it. The machine is structurally sound though and still looks pretty much as it does here. I have tested it and everything works fine.

The machine is roughly 66"x23"x30" and is fairly heavy, at around 100kg. I will be listing it on ebay soon but if a sensible offer is received from a BYOAC member I will let it go beforehand. Please PM me with offers around £150 upwards. Buyer must collect from Walsall, West Midlands (UK, obviously).
« Last Edit: July 05, 2009, 07:01:06 pm by Turnarcades »

Ummon

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 09, 2010, 06:37:18 pm
« Reply #35 on: August 30, 2008, 06:00:02 pm »
I think that one, though with only slight differences in the main cuts, looks way better than those posted before it.
Yo. Chocolate.

"Theoretical physics has been the most successful and cost-effective in all of science."

Stephen Hawking

People often confuse expressed observations with complaint, ridicule, or - even worse - self-pity.

Turnarcades

• Offline Offline
  • Craig @ Turnarcades
    • Turnarcades
« Reply #36 on: September 01, 2008, 09:23:29 am »
I think that one, though with only slight differences in the main cuts, looks way better than those posted before it.

It probably does, but then it was originally a commercial machine; more complex in design, CNC-cut and factory assembled.  ::)

Even though some may think that, it wasn't designed to house a PC and I had to do a lot of gutting to make it suitable for a MAME conversion. Any builder worth their salt will tell you that designing a MAME cabinet design that is as flexible as ours for regular production involves optimising interior space, which this JAMMA design does not.

Ummon

• Offline Offline
« Reply #37 on: September 01, 2008, 06:02:24 pm »
Well, I was just pointing at the slight curves of the sides pieces. Surely that could easily be done using a template and router or rotozip, yes?
Yo. Chocolate.

"Theoretical physics has been the most successful and cost-effective in all of science."

Stephen Hawking

People often confuse expressed observations with complaint, ridicule, or - even worse - self-pity.

Turnarcades

• Offline Offline
  • Craig @ Turnarcades
    • Turnarcades
« Reply #38 on: September 17, 2008, 04:37:54 pm »
The original Turnarcades prototype has been sold! Many thanks to buyer Chris who will be relocating the cabinet to it's new games room in his French holiday home.

Couple of new cabs in the pipeline at the moment, including a new cabinet for myself at long last (the Projectorcade) which will be added to the Turnarcades range once the creases are ironed out. The other is a custom shape that we have built based on some specifications from the customer. At our recommendation the control panel features an Ultimarc U-trak, colour-coded Mag-stiks and a custom button arrangement. Once we have completed the final touches (and dusted it all down!), they will be adding a 29" arcade monitor and their own PC which has been programmed using the Turnarcades software.

« Last Edit: September 17, 2008, 04:42:11 pm by Turnarcades »

Ummon

• Offline Offline
« Reply #39 on: September 17, 2008, 05:40:18 pm »
Looks good. Has a more inviting slant to it.
Yo. Chocolate.

Stephen Hawking