Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Jukebox Title Strip Software  (Read 70634 times)

Dennis Downing Jr

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 23, 2023, 12:22:23 pm
Jukebox Title Strip Software
« on: January 04, 2010, 12:34:49 pm »
Jukebox Create-A-Label (Print your title strips fast & easy)

- Over 150 Title strips to choose ...
               - 8 different colors (organize your music by genre)
               - Holiday strips  (Christmas, St. Patty's Day, Halloween, Valentine's Day & 4th of July)     
      - Database for saving strip info
      - Very simple design (Anyone can use this software, you do not have to be a rocket scientist)
      - Print Preview (make sure you like what you see before you waste expensive ink!)
      - No special paper or Pre-Printed Strips needed!!
      - No shipping and handling... download the Software and begin using in Minutes!!

- THERE IS ALSO A FREE VERSION AVAILABLE!!!

CHECK IT OUT HERE: http://www.jukestrips.com
Thanks, Enjoy the software!!

« Last Edit: November 11, 2016, 04:43:35 pm by Dennis Downing Jr »

_) (V) (-)

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 19, 2018, 11:56:39 am
  • There's supposed to be an earth shattering KaBoom!
Re: Jukebox Title Strip Software
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2010, 08:06:28 pm »
Here is a good one...
http://www.mikesarcade.com/arcade/titlestrips.html

AND it's FREE!

Kevin Mullins

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 01, 2021, 01:29:34 pm
    • Me on Myspace
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2010, 12:03:11 am »
Not a technician . . . . just a DIY'er.

Ken Layton

• Guru
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 12, 2021, 12:25:59 am
  • Technician
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2010, 10:53:55 am »
And there's this one:

www.lowprofilesoftware.com

Professional jukebox operators use it.

stepbak84

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 23, 2010, 04:23:04 pm
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2010, 03:47:57 pm »
Wow, these are all pretty cool.  :applaud:

Barry Barcrest

• I'm only in it for the lack of money
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 09, 2021, 09:54:17 am
  • Simple Plan
    • E-Touch Jukebox
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2010, 10:31:14 pm »
Wow, these are all pretty cool.  :applaud:

Are you the author of the first one posted? You seem to the only one that has posted on it's forum. Also i see the only review for it is digitaldj that i know had something to do with some software programmer who coded the screen saver he linked on here... I'm only asking out of transparency really, not saying anyone is a shill or anything.  :D

Dennis Downing Jr

• Offline Offline
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2010, 12:49:54 pm »
I am the author for the software. Dennis Downing Jr. I know the site is lacking in posts. I don't know how to draw people to the site. I have sold 10 copies so far with only one complaint which was resolved. The issue was the customer never installed the required Microsoft software to run it. Once .NET framework was installed everything was fine. Anyone who purchased this software I would like to say Thank you and I hope you are enjoying your title strips!!

Dennis Downing Jr

• Offline Offline
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2010, 01:01:09 pm »

Also i see the only review for it is digitaldj that i know had something to do with some software programmer who coded the screen saver he linked on here... I'm only asking out of transparency really, not saying anyone is a shill or anything.
[/quote]

So... I am new to this whole jukebox thing (like i have said in the past) I am 27 years old. If you want to know about the story of how this software came about feel free to inquire further. My relationship with digitaldj started when I was trying to get the word out about the software. I noticed that he had a jukebox website and I asked if he wouldn't mind linking my page. He agreed and was very interested with the software. I sent him a copy in the developmental stage. He gave me great feedback and I adjusted the software accordingly. Because of this I sent him a free copy to say thanks for all of his help. After a few days I asked if he wouldnt mind leaving feedback about the software on my page in order to let people know that you really get a bang for your buck with my software. He agreed to write a review... and the rest is history.

Dennis Downing Jr

• Offline Offline
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2010, 01:07:51 pm »
as for stepbak ... he is my brother trying to do the right thing for me i guess... what any brother would do... hahaha however people arent stupid and all of his "HELP" is actually making bad press about the software... just like the gentleman above asking about him being a shill.. Sorry for any troubles, I think he just wants to see me do well. I would appreciate if anyone would like to stop by my site and leave some posts on the forum to get the ball rolling.. Thanks

Dennis Downing Jr

• Offline Offline
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2010, 01:05:12 pm »
Jukebox Create-A-Label (Print your title strips fast & easy)

- Over 150 Title strips to choose ...
               - 8 different colors (organize your music by genre)
               - Holiday strips  (Christmas, St. Patty's Day, Halloween, Valentine's Day & 4th of July)     
      - Database for saving strip info
      - Very simple design (Anyone can use this software, you do not have to be a rocket scientist)
      - Print Preview (make sure you like what you see before you waste expensive ink!)
      - No special paper or Pre-Printed Strips needed!!
      - No shipping and handling... download the Software and begin using in Minutes!!

CHECK IT OUT HERE: http://www.jukestrips.com
Thanks, Enjoy the software!!

I would like to thank everyone who purchased a copy of the software!! Also anyone who left feedback for the program is also appreciated. Because of the feedback there were 2 people who would have liked to see a way for them to decrease the size of the font. (The Side 1 was a little too long to fit) I responded with a new version of the software... Jukebox Create-A-Label 2.1 .
      Basically you can now change the font, font style, font color, and font size. In closing I would like to say Thank you once again to everyone out there who purchased a copy and who helped with the ideas for the new version..
      This new version is finished and is being tested before it gets released on the website. So far so good.. Thanks again and keep all of the ideas rolling in!!!
« Last Edit: November 11, 2016, 04:44:24 pm by Dennis Downing Jr »

Dennis Downing Jr

• Offline Offline
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2010, 01:57:31 pm »
Ladies and Gentleman, I am doing a little test here.. I'm sure some of you out there have looked into purchasing Jukebox Create-A-Label and thought twice about it... maybe because you are not sure if it is worth the price... maybe because you are not sure of the capabilities of the software.... maybe because you only need to print 1 or 2 title strips in order to fill your jukebox. Whatever the case.. I have the solution!!!

I have released a version of Jukebox Create-A-Label FREE.. This is a version of the same software that you can pay for but it is limited to what it can do... You can only print 10 title strips at a time, the database is limited to 10 entries and you can only choose 1 title strip design. All of the other features are visible so you can see what the paid version looks like.. I hope anyone who before couldn't decide to purchase the software can finally make the decision to purchase their own copy!!
« Last Edit: November 11, 2016, 04:45:10 pm by Dennis Downing Jr »

_) (V) (-)

• Offline Offline
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2010, 09:30:07 am »
Sounds interesting, and I just happen to have a need to print some Halloween ones.
Where can we try it?

Dennis Downing Jr

• Offline Offline
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2010, 01:39:09 pm »
Sounds interesting, and I just happen to have a need to print some Halloween ones.
Where can we try it?

Thanks for your interest in Jukebox Create-A-Label.. You can go to the website for a free download. (http://www.jukestrips.com) ...
Only thing is the free version of the software is for people to get a feel for how the software looks and operates. You can only choose one title strip to print.. It is the default purple strip. If you are satisfied with the software you can download the full version which allows you to choose from over 150 title strips, including Halloween, Christmas, 4th of July, etc.
Thank you again for your interest in the software! Enjoy it!!

Dennis Downing Jr.

_) (V) (-)

• Offline Offline
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2010, 11:56:43 am »
Hi Dennis,
I finally got the software setup and gave it a look. (website was a little confusing at first)
Seems like a nice simple program, with several style options and all the common color variants.

Can it be set to print more than only 10 strips per page or is that just a limit in the free version?
Seems like a waste of paper when I'm used to printing 20 per page.

Would be nice to have some control over the areas included for shading and maybe the ability adjust the colors tones. (Gradients would be really cool!) I like the use of Windows TT fonts, them narrow ones are great for the really long song titles. How about the ability of adding .jpg clip art onto the holiday tags? You could do custom artists tags or maybe even use album cover art, that would be sweet.

Your database option intrigues me. Any plans to incorporate an import/export option from other programs, like MS Excel?  I've spent years typing all of our 45's into Excel, (over 9000 and still growing), would hate to have to redo all of that.

I suppose accommodating everyones wishes is a bit outside the scope of your intent. Don't take these comments as complaints, it's not a bad program, I just wish it had a little bit more 'fine tunning' ability to it. The ability to read in from existing databases would defiantly make it more appealing for me to use.

Thanks
_)

Dennis Downing Jr

• Offline Offline
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2010, 09:07:22 pm »
Hi Dennis,
I finally got the software setup and gave it a look. (website was a little confusing at first)
Seems like a nice simple program, with several style options and all the common color variants.

Can it be set to print more than only 10 strips per page or is that just a limit in the free version?
Seems like a waste of paper when I'm used to printing 20 per page.

Would be nice to have some control over the areas included for shading and maybe the ability adjust the colors tones. (Gradients would be really cool!) I like the use of Windows TT fonts, them narrow ones are great for the really long song titles. How about the ability of adding .jpg clip art onto the holiday tags? You could do custom artists tags or maybe even use album cover art, that would be sweet.

Your database option intrigues me. Any plans to incorporate an import/export option from other programs, like MS Excel?  I've spent years typing all of our 45's into Excel, (over 9000 and still growing), would hate to have to redo all of that.

I suppose accommodating everyones wishes is a bit outside the scope of your intent. Don't take these comments as complaints, it's not a bad program, I just wish it had a little bit more 'fine tuning' ability to it. The ability to read in from existing databases would defiantly make it more appealing for me to use.

Thanks
_)

I would like to say thank you for your review of Jukebox Create-a-Label.  Many people have purchased our software and downloaded the free version.  I encourage people to leave comments on the website but, most end up being very brief.  You are one of the few who has ever given me an awesome review. I really appreciate that.

To address some of your concerns/comments:

Software Functionality

I agree with you on all of your points in which you have made. I created this software for my dad to replace the missing labels for his various jukeboxes.  My aim during the creation of the software was to make it simple for the user while maintaining full functionality.  I believe that with more bells and whistles comes more confusion about operation of the program. I think people are getting a tremendous bargain with the software. $10 for software which you can print as many title strips as you would like sure beats a company on a very popular online auction website offering 100 title strips for $12.  I was told by family and friends to charge more for the software, but I don’t think people should have to pay a lot of money just to print out a few labels.

Wasting paper

Both versions (free & paid) can only print 10 title strips per page. This was not a limitation of the software it was a limitation of the programmer. I searched high and low for an implementation of the code that would produce the results you write about, however the only code that I found (which would work) printed the visible area on the screen. Maybe one day I will open up the source and see if I can't replace this code with a more efficient one, but to be honest, that would mean reworking the whole program, tons of work for me, and ultimately, a more expensive program.  Saving paper wasn’t a major concern when writing the software because the original purpose was for printing out the missing labels in your collection.  I am flattered that people are using the software to print labels for their entire collection, but it was not my original intent.

All of the title strips in the software are fixed images that I created myself using a general image editor.  Adding functionality into the software that would change the design of the labels would be very complex.  I like the idea of being able to add a gradient, but the gradient would have to be created and then integrated into the program as a static image.

I added the functionality of changing the font style, color, size etc. because of a customer who couldn't print a title strip because the name of the "Side 1" was too long. I spent a whole bunch of hours reworking the software because I felt that this was easy enough to implement and it would be very useful to the Jukebox Create-A-Label audience.

The Database

YOU ARE 100% right... Once again I was ripping the rest of his hair out trying to implement this code. I wanted to use (.csv) file from the beginning which would make everyone's life (including mine) much easier.  After lots of time spent trying to figure this out, I cut my losses and designed a database myself.  It works well and many of the testers liked the functionality.  This is something on my top 10 list for sure, however I'm a little busy with work right now so this will have to wait without an ETA.. But if I can implement this database code where you can use MS excel the software would be 1000% better in my opinion..

Once again thank you for this software review.  I appreciate everyone’s feedback and make note of important features you all would like to see in the future.  It moves me to see the program I made for Dad, used by so many different people.  

Dennis Downing Jr.
http://www.jukestrips.com
« Last Edit: October 10, 2010, 09:10:13 pm by Dennis Downing Jr »

Dennis Downing Jr

• Offline Offline
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2011, 02:07:15 pm »
I have just released a new version of Jukebox Create-A-Label. JukeBox Create-A-Label v2.2 has the ability to print 45 RPM or 78 RPM title strips for your jukebox. There are many different style title strips which can come in handy to make it easy to find a specific artist or genre of music on the jukebox by color or by theme! Another great feature of Jukebox Create-A-Label v2.2 is the ability to import custom made title strips. If you would like to design your own title strip to use with the software, this version is for you. With a simple FREE software called PAINT.NET (this is what I use but you can use any paint software you like) you can design your title strip and save the file as a (.jpg) image on your computer and import it into the software. Dont worry about being so specific with the size of the image that you make, Jukebox Create-A-Label v2.2 has the ability to scale the image up or down to make it the perfect size to use for a title strip.

2.2 Update Includes::

- added change log
       - added ability to import custom title strips
       - added "sending data to printer" before print to avoid printing by mistake
       - added ability to select pages which will print (print all or some) from one location
       - added 78 RPM title strips
       - added ability to add or remove "" (quotation marks) from 45 RPM song titles
       - closed spacing on 45 title strips for ease of cutting and so it will fit in A4 paper margins
       - added ability to write a review for the software; brings you to the webpage (make sure you are logged in to the website)

Once again I would like to thank everyone who has made Jukebox Create-A-Label what it is today!!

Dennis Downing Jr.
http://www.jukestrips.com

Dennis Downing Jr

• Offline Offline
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2011, 04:52:43 pm »
Hello Jukebox Community,

I am thinking about a future update to the Jukebox Create-A-Label software. I am thinking about adding the ability to print title cards. I do not have much knowledge about that subject, if anyone is interested in partnering with me on this please visit http://www.jukestrips.com/ContactUs.aspx and drop me an email.
     This addition will only come into production if the demand is there. If this would be something of interest to anyone you can also drop me an email stating that this new feature would be beneficial to you. If you want to help with the new version you could get me the dimensions of the cards. To my understanding there are a few different types.. Basically any info you can provide would be greatly appreciated. The more details the better.

Thanks for all of your support!!

Sincerely,
Dennis Downing Jr.

Dennis Downing Jr

• Offline Offline
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2013, 05:49:05 pm »
Hello Jukebox Community!!

In Jukebox Create-A-Label v2.2, I added the ability to import custom title strips. I have some great news, I added a page to the website where you can download custom title strips.

Lets make this a community effort!! I ask that if anyone has title strips which work well with the software, (possibly created from one of the members of the community) please email me the image so I can import it into the software and make sure it will work correctly. If it passes the test it will be available for all to download on the website ASAP.

If you would like to check out the custom strips,  Navigate to:  http://www.jukestrips.com/   and click on the  'CUSTOM TITLE STRIPS'  menu on the left.

Thanks again for all of the great reviews and support from the jukebox community.
Special thanks to Saint for making this all possible with his forum which reaches far and wide in the jukebox world.

Sincerely,
Dennis Downing Jr.

Dennis Downing Jr

• Offline Offline
« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2014, 10:59:11 am »
Working on a new version.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1WFosrXxjM3CY0iRtbkenlXwz0oXWeoP8ayHlq5VZyXw/viewform?embedded=true

Please leave me some suggestions... It would be greatly appreciated!!

« Last Edit: December 28, 2014, 01:52:08 pm by Dennis Downing Jr »

Dennis Downing Jr

• Offline Offline
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2016, 06:12:34 pm »
Ladies & Gentleman, Boys & Girls:

This is the moment we have all been waiting for. My brother and I have joined forces and re-wrote Jukebox Create-A-Label from the ground up. This new software addresses all issues that people have had in the past as well as incorporating many of the ideas that were presented to me. Once again there is a FREE and a paid version. I am very sure you will be pleased with this incredible updated software!!

http://www.jukestrips.com/

I put together a little video that shows you some of the software features.. Hope you enjoy....

Jukebox Create-A-Label v3.0 Features:

Import existing databases (Microsoft Excel, Comma Separated Value & Create-A-Label 2.x)
    Import any image to be used as a title strip
    Font management
    Jukebox Create-A-Label will load all fonts that are installed on your computer. To add a new font to your jukebox label, just install it on your computer. It will show up the next time you run the program. We added the ability to exclude fonts, because nobody wants a jukebox label written in Wingdings
    Adjustable text position - all text on the title strip can be moved (up,down,left or right) so you can create some really far out designs.
    All text background is transparent.
    Edit any jukebox label with a click of a button.
    Copy & Paste label styles from one title strip to the next.
    Each jukebox label can have a different style.
    Style Preset - Save a title strip style so you can reuse your favorite designs across multiple files.
    All modifications are saved in your database file (font, title strip image, spacing & position)
    Increase/Decrease Label Size - Even though title strip sizes should all be standard, we included the ability to resize just in case the labels don't fit exactly the way you like them.
    Added more text fields for a jukebox label ( Record Label, Year & Manufacturer ID)
    Sort your database entries by: (Artist, Record Label, Year, Manufacturer ID, Jukebox Name, Star Rating, Date & Time Created/Modified & RPM(45/78) )
    Working Directories - set a default storage location for all your Jukebox files
    Recent Files - easily manage several files
    Auto Open - Only work with one file? Set an option to automatically open it every time
    Search database entries form search bar
    Combine multiple Jukebox Create-A-Label v2.x databases into 1 Create-A-Label v3.0 database

Supported Operating Systems

Microsoft Windows XP, Vista , 7 , 8.x , 10 ( 32-bit & 64-bit )

« Last Edit: April 28, 2016, 06:44:53 pm by Dennis Downing Jr »