Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Custom Characters & Artwork - Stylus For Hire! - How hot can a game sprite get?  (Read 63159 times)

waveryder

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 14, 2011, 04:26:17 am
  • I Troop, therefore I am
    • BubbleGum Custom Art
Re: Custom Characters & Artwork - Stylus For Hire! - The Karbon CP's!
« Reply #40 on: February 25, 2008, 05:53:32 am »
Getting dicked around a lot at the moment. In the passed week I've had to contend with 2 customers not paying and 1 customer claiming intellectual property infringment. I've tried to keep this service friendly but it seems that the prospect of a friendly service is impossible. I have taken legal advice for my own protection  concerning this service and have begun registering the copyright of all the artwork I produce with http://creativecommons.org to protect the work I have produced. Non paying custom artwork customers work will be sold to anyone that wants it. Any preliminary work, sketches etc; are also covered by the license and remain my property. Resale, adjustment or adaption of my work is not permitted without my express permission.
With this in mind the work in the above post is now back on sale as will be the work produced for non paying customers.

Please try and remember this is a service for the community and bear in mind the following before requesting custom work:

All artwork takes time and effort and I dont work for free.
If you cant pay for artwork please dont ask!
An idea does not constitute a design.
I dont work with rude people.
I dont want my email inbox full of emails from your spouse, relations, friends etc;
The tiny sum of money I produce artwork for doesn't give you the right to treat me like crap!
When pixelated clipart just wont do, just call for Betty

Ian

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 26, 2021, 01:50:35 am
  • "A day without Laughter is a day wasted"
« Reply #41 on: February 25, 2008, 10:09:27 am »
Wow... people can be unbelievable. I'm glad I'm not an idiot... I love the Ninjacade... I will be printing it in two weeks... I can't wait. Thanks again.
Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.

ErikRuud

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 05, 2021, 10:20:27 am
  • I'll build a cab for only 99.99.99!!!
    • Erik's humble video game page
« Reply #42 on: February 25, 2008, 12:19:38 pm »

I dont work with rude people.

What about "Ruud" people?  ;D

Stick with it.  You do excellent work!
Real Life.  Still a poor substitute for video games!       
American Laser Games Wrapper
O2em Rom Utility

FhM

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 26, 2018, 03:33:01 pm
« Reply #43 on: February 26, 2008, 12:09:01 pm »
Good for you not taking any ---steaming pile of meadow muffin---. I read your edited post earlier this week and was gobsmacked. Some people huh?
You do produce excellent artwork and from the small samples I have seen at very reasonable prices.
One day soon when I have got my final dimensions and eveything cut and tackled my layout in illustrator I will be looking to hire your stylus  ;D

waveryder

• Offline Offline
    • BubbleGum Custom Art
Re: Custom Characters & Artwork - Stylus For Hire! - Turtle Power!!
« Reply #44 on: March 03, 2008, 09:39:03 am »
YAY IM BACK!!! Phew 7 days with out net access and I was getting the shakes. Apologies if I have yet to answer artwork request PM's and emails got a lot to go through. Anyway I actually made use of the time away from the net and did some artwork. This is my TMNT tribute piece. No April in this one as although she has big hair and big.....well you get the idea, she wears a yellow jumpsuit and I just cant forgive that! So anyway this piece is all created at 300dpi and is big enough to cover the side of an original TMNT cabinet. It is free hand painted and has a nice urban turtles feel. This piece features Marquee/Sideart and Control Panel. Each piece can be adapted (within reason) to your cabs dimensions or layout. So Im proud to present.............."Turtle Power"

Marquee $30

Sideart $125

Control Panel $60

Anyone that requires my "stylus for hire" feel free to PM me or email me at bubblegum.betty@gmail.com Cheers!
(The whole set can be purchased for $200 Discount is only offered for the full set)

spacies

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 19, 2015, 03:40:49 am
« Reply #45 on: March 04, 2008, 01:00:20 am »
HOLY ---steaming pile of meadow muffin---!!

That my friend is awesome! awesome! awesome!

FhM

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 26, 2018, 03:33:01 pm
« Reply #46 on: March 04, 2008, 06:22:03 pm »
Very nice I am almost tempted but I have set my heart on  fighter themed artwork  :) .

Encryptor

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 21, 2023, 08:01:18 pm
« Reply #47 on: March 04, 2008, 10:11:27 pm »
I agree!! waveryder does awesome work and I hired him to do some for me which I'm very pleased with. I think this could open up a can of worms with copyrights though.

Just my thoughts.

Encryptor

waveryder

• Offline Offline
    • BubbleGum Custom Art
« Reply #48 on: March 06, 2008, 10:02:28 am »
I agree!! waveryder does awesome work and I hired him to do some for me which I'm very pleased with. I think this could open up a can of worms with copyrights though.

There's nothing more satisfying than a nice can of worms! But I think in this case I can't see Konami/Mattel/Marvel Comics and the endless other turtles copyright holders caring about a one off tribute piece. I mean lets face it I think they would be likely to castrate the providers of the original artwork reproductions before me. But if they do I'll claim temporary insanity caused by the theme tune playing over and over in my head for the 3 days it took to produce!!  ;)

whatzcrackn

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 19, 2019, 12:14:02 pm
  • U just won tickets to da 'GUN SHOW'
« Reply #49 on: March 26, 2008, 11:28:52 am »
Any Star Wars Art?

waveryder

• Offline Offline
    • BubbleGum Custom Art
« Reply #50 on: March 27, 2008, 10:09:21 am »
Star Wars art is "problematic" to say the least. I have done loads before in different styles for other non arcade related projects and the problems is always the same. Theres always a bunch of hardcore "jedi" waiting to tear you a new one for daring to paint Princess Leia in her gold bikinni  ;)

Encryptor

• Offline Offline
« Reply #51 on: April 18, 2008, 03:27:29 pm »
waveryder,

Do you not want my business? I sent you another email after you gave me a quote and sent you a pm here as well. You're here every day but no response.  What's up?

Encryptor

waveryder

• Offline Offline
    • BubbleGum Custom Art
« Reply #52 on: April 19, 2008, 04:17:53 am »
waveryder,

Do you not want my business? I sent you another email after you gave me a quote and sent you a pm here as well. You're here every day but no response.  What's up?

Encryptor

I have a life outside of this forum, which tends not to mesh with running this service. If you require something in a hurry feel free to ask one of the other members who produce artwork or buy something stock. My work takes time to produce  and I presently have 5 complete cabinet pieces on the go with more coming in each day. I manage to get on here once a day if i'm lucky (busy busy busy at the moment) to check whats going on within the community. I will answer my emails and pms when I have time. Sorry if thats not what you want to hear but this "service" has to fit in with my life. Its not a "business" as for the most part US DOLLARS are worthless over here, so im afraid its not my priority. I continue to produce artwork for people but im sorry I dont work "in a hurry".
« Last Edit: April 19, 2008, 07:43:50 am by waveryder »

Encryptor

• Offline Offline
« Reply #53 on: April 19, 2008, 07:43:32 am »
I wasn't looking for it in a hurry. I was just looking for some kind of acknowledgment that you got my email. I won't bother you again.

Encryptor

waveryder

• Offline Offline
    • BubbleGum Custom Art
Re: Custom Characters & Artwork - Stylus For Hire! - StreetFighter New
« Reply #54 on: April 27, 2008, 10:03:52 am »
Been busy doing lots of Cab artwork but managed to get some time to do another budget piece.  Although this marquee has been designed by me it is based on the character select artwork from Streetfighter HD. The piece has been redrawn, re-inked  and hand painted at 300dpi.  This piece is designed for Marquee and Kickplate use. It is 28" by 8" which seems to be the most  common marquee size, but can be resised to your marquee dimesions. 

The image measures 28"x 8" / 66 x 20 cm / 7800 x 2400 pixels and is avaliable in the format of your choice. This image will not be retired on sale as by request I have begun to produce some more budget artwork. This piece is for sale for $25 and can be used within your project as much as you like.

Anyone that requires my "stylus for hire" feel free to PM me or email me at bubblegum.betty@gmail.com Cheers!

(This piece of artwork is for sale at $25/£ ??.?? who could begin to guess the exchange rate!)

waveryder

• Offline Offline
    • BubbleGum Custom Art
Re: Custom Characters & Artwork - Stylus For Hire! - GAME OVER!
« Reply #55 on: May 20, 2008, 01:03:25 pm »
After a comment I left on another thread pertaining to the "Meteor Boobs!" artwork I had an urge to draw a piece of my all time favourite pieces of videogame artwork. This is based on a cover image for "Game Over2" by Bob Walkin. I couldnt seem to find an image of this to work from so its done entirely from memory. I remember this image quite clearly' as a young lad I was quite shocked by the amazingly large boobs I mean detail in the piece, It was the first large breasted character I ever drew. Ironically I was poor so never got to play the game. I doubt it would've measured up. Anyway, this piece is designed for sideart use. It is absolutely huge! and painted completely freehand at 300dpi. So Im proud to present.............."Game Over"

The image measures 28"x 39" / 71 x 100 cm / 8455 x 11811 pixels and is avaliable in the format of your choice. This image will not be retired on sale.  This piece is for sale for $150 and can be used within your project as much as you like.

(This piece of artwork is for sale at $150/£ ??.?? who could begin to guess the exchange rate!)

waveryder

• Offline Offline
    • BubbleGum Custom Art
Re: Custom Characters & Artwork - Stylus For Hire! - GAME OVER!
« Reply #56 on: July 08, 2008, 04:09:39 pm »
Haven't posted any new work in a while but I've been busy trying to get my artbook and gallery together over at Deviant Art. I have a bunch of projects on the go and example work that'll be posted soon. Anyway just letting the BYOAC forum know I haven't vanished. Feel free to check my gallery at http://silv8rfox.deviantart.com/ and be assured my arcade addiction will always be posted here. Hugs Waveryder

waveryder

• Offline Offline
    • BubbleGum Custom Art
Re: Custom Characters & Artwork - Stylus For Hire! - Get Over Here!!
« Reply #57 on: July 17, 2008, 06:52:58 am »
Finally found some time to do some new arcade artwork. Imageshack has decided to delete all of my example work for some unknown reason??? So I'm posting this one directly through the forum.....hopefully Saint wont mind. I'm still looking for some web space if someone can donate me some. Anyway, this piece is a single layer "airbrush" painting at 300dpi in Pshop. It is designed for side art use but can easily be adpated. It is absolutely huge and has no restrictions on size! So I'm proud to present.............."Get Over Here!!"

The image comes in any size and is available in the format of your choice. This image will not be retired on sale.  This piece is for sale for $125 and can be used within your project as much as you like.

Im considering producing some canvas prints of arcade artwork. If anyone is interested in this kind of thing let me know.

(This piece of artwork is for sale at $125/£ ??.?? who could begin to guess the exchange rate!)

kelemvor

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 13, 2012, 09:40:44 am
« Reply #58 on: September 01, 2008, 02:12:14 pm »
Sucks that all of the images from within this thread are gone...  Wish I would have seen them before imageshack deleted them.

Oh well.

Razor

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 03, 2008, 12:59:59 pm
  • Welcome to the fantasy zone
« Reply #59 on: September 04, 2008, 06:53:18 pm »
This is great, I'll definately be aquiring your talent for my next cab - keep up the good work!

Martijn

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 25, 2024, 10:34:36 am
  • Akira!
    • ModMyBox
« Reply #60 on: September 08, 2008, 01:27:37 pm »
i tried to mail you for some request  :cheers:

waveryder

• Offline Offline
    • BubbleGum Custom Art
« Reply #61 on: September 09, 2008, 03:32:16 am »
kelemvor : Dont worry got some webspace coming and will reupload them  ;D
martijin: Replied and artwork is underway.

waveryder

• Offline Offline
    • BubbleGum Custom Art
........lets go see him together, I got nothing better to do.

Haven't posted any stock for a while as I've been way to busy doing artwork for forum members. As they unvail there artwork i'll be posting more of it on my artwork thread for those interested.....

Just finished a piece for Somunny's ARK Project. Check it out here
http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=76255.0;all
This was a real pleasure to paint. I've been trying to convince potential customers to go for something....well a little bit different on their cabs for almost a year now, but of course no takers :( When Somunny asked if anyone was interested in painting his CP artwork I just had to do it. Religious art on an arcade machine!!! Fantastic. Here's what he sent me:

The original was scanned at 600dpi and was huge. The first thing to do was to start matching the colours. Armed with only a HDTV screen grab, some pantone markers and a A0 print out of the scan I went to work. It took over 30 layers to get the image cleaned and flatted. 4 highlight layers and 5 shadow layers. But I think the results were worth it. A real pleasure to be involved in this small way with such an awesome project.

More example work coming as soon as its unvailed...assuming imageshack decides not to delete all my stuff again!.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2008, 03:30:08 am by waveryder »

Chris BEANS

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 01, 2013, 01:10:50 pm
Just like to add my own massive recommendation for this guy.

I went to him just a couple of days ago with a pretty rough idea on a CP I wanted, not only did I get exactly what I asked for, I also got a few different interpretations of my idea too.

Within I think two days, and a good few e-mails making all the petty numerous fussy changes I wanted as well as incorporating some very welcome suggestions, Waveryder had completed a full size 300 dpi image that was true to the original concept but above and beyond what I'd initially envisioned. Beyond that it was $55 which is about 30 quid over here!!

Fantastic work and I couldn't be happier :)

P.S. I don't like to sound like I'm brown nosing, but I really am very impressed and can't wait to put the final stick together!! (My stick and buttons were supposed to be here today and they're not!!  :( )
Highly reccomended

somunny

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 05, 2018, 02:22:25 pm
  • Is it hot in here?
The pleasure is mine, wave!  I'm amazed everytime I open the file.  Soon it will be off to the printer.

btw - what's with the new banner?  Looks very cool.  Is it part of something bigger?

waveryder

• Offline Offline
    • BubbleGum Custom Art
The pleasure is mine, wave!  I'm amazed everytime I open the file.  Soon it will be off to the printer.

Cant wait to see it printed. Thats the one pleasure of creating artwork I never get  :'( Really enjoyed painting it and the wife strangley wanted to watch all 4 "Indy films" after she saw it. Now if I can just get someone who wants "The Matrix" artwork, I might get to watch those this year as well  ;)

btw - what's with the new banner?  Looks very cool.  Is it part of something bigger?

It was part of a marquee I produced for a "guest" (not a member) on the forum. 20 draft versions and then decided they didn't want it.  I used to sell off the artwork that people didnt pay for on my thread but I dont do that anymore as its all to much like "bussiness" and thats to close to real life for me! I thought I might as well use the artwork for something. :cheers:

waveryder

• Offline Offline
    • BubbleGum Custom Art
Martijn has just unvailed the artwork on his FANTASTIC cab over at the project anouncment forum. Check his thread here:
http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=84649.0;all
It was a great pleasure working with Martijn on this. His cabinet was beautifully made and required some beautiful art to complement it. Hope I did it proud. Martijn wanted a real retro look combined with Streetfighter characters. I produced this work in the remix style of the UDON crews streetfighter HD Work. No easy task from a 72dpi screen grab. But enough talk......

Marquee

Sideart

Control Panel

More example work coming as soon as its unvailed.

Im away from home at the moment and wont be avaliable to finish or take on new work till 03 Nov. Apologies to the users who have PM'd me or are waiting for finished work, unplanned and cant be helped.

Martijn

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 25, 2024, 10:34:36 am
  • Akira!
    • ModMyBox
Wow, that is beautifull  ;D

galle

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 12, 2022, 05:09:40 am
Very nice artwork
Got a question how to print in mm? Does some one have a tip?

;D

phantompower

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 11, 2021, 10:25:43 am
  • The Game is NOT Over!!
    • MameStation
Hi wave...

I sent you two PMs...disregard the first.  The second is what I meant to send in the first place.

Thanks

waveryder

• Offline Offline
    • BubbleGum Custom Art
Email sent, havent had a lot of free time at late sorry to those waiting.

Please no more pms about purchasing copies of martjins sfarcade art. Its not for sale. It was a commissioned custom piece it is liscensed for use on his cab only.

Thanx
Waveryder

thatitalian

• Don't worry about the chicken, I feed my friends human all the time...
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 27, 2018, 10:52:37 am
  • The Revolution Is Coming...
If he owns the license, does he own the original file? Like the psd or ai, etc?

waveryder

• Offline Offline
    • BubbleGum Custom Art
He has the only copies of the artwork. Well had :( Martjin emailed me to say he lost em. I dont hang on to this stuff i'm not mad of HD space!!

thatitalian

• Don't worry about the chicken, I feed my friends human all the time...
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 27, 2018, 10:52:37 am
  • The Revolution Is Coming...
I would be so pissed off if I were him.

Dude, upload that stuff, this is invaluable ---Cleveland steamer---!

Better yet, send it to me! ;D

Rook3

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 04, 2024, 04:32:32 pm
  • Greetings Starfighter! You have been recruited...
    • Rook's Castle.com
Waveryder, did you ever find a site to upload your original image postings to?
It would be nice to see what I've missed in the thread.

Photobucket or maybe even Deviantart might be good places to try.

grumlenz

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 14, 2009, 07:25:55 pm
I agree, I wish I could see the artwork that's missing from this thread. I am going to be in need of some custom work here soon as well...

grumlenz

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 14, 2009, 07:25:55 pm
I sent you an email with a request. Let me know if you got it and what you think.

uolarethian

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 22, 2021, 11:09:53 pm
  • Should I eat'em or what?
Your work is awsome

waveryder

• Offline Offline
    • BubbleGum Custom Art
Waveryder, did you ever find a site to upload your original image postings to?
It would be nice to see what I've missed in the thread.

Photobucket or maybe even Deviantart might be good places to try.

I have a gallery on Deviant for my other artwork, it tends not to be be arcade related, usually it gets taken down for being to risque ...not the kind of stuff that I should link. I dont have the original artwork that has dissapeared from the thread as most of it has been sold and the originals sent to the buyer. Should be some new stuff on this thread as forum members unveil their cabs.

I sent you an email with a request. Let me know if you got it and what you think.

Yep replied to your PM. Have had a bit of trouble with lost emails due to gmails spam filter. Oddly found lots of places to buy viagra though ;)

Your work is awsome

Cheers I appreciate that.

ivwshane

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 24, 2022, 09:35:21 pm
    • My first mame cab! (WIP)
Are you still doing taking offers?

I contacted you a while back but I wasn't ready for artwork at that time.