Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: More skin questions...  (Read 3713 times)

blah69

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 02, 2010, 12:44:17 pm
More skin questions...
« on: December 19, 2007, 12:23:16 pm »
Well, I got a touchscreen and I have been thinking about changing the appearance of WinCab to make it more touchscreen friendly. 

I wanted to know if it is possible through a command to have a function call up a new skin.  i.e. I wanted to start with a skin that has like 12 CD cover arts per page and then if someone wanted to listen to a song on one of the CDs he would click on the CD art calling up the new skin with just the album art of the one CD and all the tracks for the CD.  Then there would be another "Back" button to return to the original skin.

Any help or ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks,

blah

Chris

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 21, 2019, 04:59:49 pm
    • Chris's MAME Cabinet
Re: More skin questions...
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2007, 11:58:46 am »
That feature is planned but isn't in place yet.  It was meant for people with cocktail cabinets or rotating monitors... I never imagined using it in the method you described!

The tricky part is going to be processing and scaling the new skin without any currenly playing songs skipping a beat.  Hmm.

I'll also need to make some changes to support displaying album covers with no track list, as currently if there is not enough room for the track list the album cover is automatically sacrificed to make room.

Thank you for the great suggestion!

--Chris
--Chris
DOSCab/WinCab Jukebox: http://www.dwjukebox.com

blah69

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 02, 2010, 12:44:17 pm
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2007, 02:08:12 pm »
That feature is planned but isn't in place yet.  It was meant for people with cocktail cabinets or rotating monitors... I never imagined using it in the method you described!

The tricky part is going to be processing and scaling the new skin without any currenly playing songs skipping a beat.  Hmm.

I'll also need to make some changes to support displaying album covers with no track list, as currently if there is not enough room for the track list the album cover is automatically sacrificed to make room.

Thank you for the great suggestion!

--Chris

Yeah, I saw that.  I tried shrinking the text area and it made the album area shrink as well.  Let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

Chris

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 21, 2019, 04:59:49 pm
    • Chris's MAME Cabinet
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2007, 02:23:27 pm »
The tricky part is just making it all work within the framework of the jukebox design.  The jukebox was originally meant to emulate mechanical devces, which is why all the stock skins have simulated chrome, aluminum and wood as opposed to a cleaner "video jukebox" interface such as what you are proposing.  Thus, the album covers themselves are not selectable controls, nor do they have a selection address.  In addition, album cover controls are part of the overall label control so you can't pull any stunts like locating the track names offscreen, and trying to make track names invisible by making them microscopic will find them forced to a minimum size of 8 points.

Because selecting an album would be so different, I'm not sure if using two skins will even work without explicitly coding for the option the way you want them to.

Hm.  Lots to ponder here.
--Chris
DOSCab/WinCab Jukebox: http://www.dwjukebox.com