Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: My fiance psik0tik  (Read 19986 times)

RTSDaddy2

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 03, 2014, 08:28:03 pm
  • Bees! Oh bother!
Re: My fiance psik0tik
« Reply #80 on: December 18, 2007, 06:08:10 pm »
I'm in shock....I couldn't believe it when  I read that on the front page just now.   :'(

My wife and I will certainly be praying for you.  I wish I knew what else to say, but honestly I'm just at a loss for words. 

Red

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 07, 2017, 08:37:51 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #81 on: December 19, 2007, 04:17:12 am »
My condolences on your loss.

Demon-Seed

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 04, 2022, 09:51:02 am
    • DemonCade (WORKING URL!)
« Reply #82 on: December 19, 2007, 07:36:22 am »
Sorry for your loss
Life is like a video game, a good one never dies..

Santoro

• Purveyor of Shiny Arcade Goodness
  • Santoro
  • Trade Count: (+32)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 23, 2023, 07:05:04 pm
  • Boycott Quarters!!!
    • ArcadeReplay!
« Reply #83 on: December 19, 2007, 01:57:31 pm »
I'm so very sorry for your loss.   I'm at a loss for words..

Hang in there.

Dave

Namco

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 06:22:32 pm
  • Now addicted to Williams pins... all of them.
    • Freddo Mame Project
« Reply #84 on: December 19, 2007, 04:15:58 pm »
I've never read something so sad and so brave at the same time. Hang in there, you have my condolences and will be in our prayers.

tonmazz

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 02, 2010, 06:55:56 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #85 on: December 20, 2007, 01:27:14 am »
I'm very sorry, I have not been here in a while and it is sad to come back to something like this.  He seemed like a unique soul and a brave person in his last hours.  Cherish the time you had as we all will hug our loved ones a little tighter tonight.

Chris

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 21, 2019, 04:59:49 pm
    • Chris's MAME Cabinet
« Reply #86 on: December 20, 2007, 03:14:00 pm »
I am truly sorry for your loss.  His projects were definately an inspiration.  We are fortunate that he directed you here to share the news.

It is worth noting that although Eric had a moment to express where his final words should be heard, most of us will not be so lucky.  If any of us passes away suddenly, do our next of kin know where and how to log in to notfy the various communities we are part of?  I know mine doesn't.  Time for me to fix that.

--Chris
--Chris
DOSCab/WinCab Jukebox: http://www.dwjukebox.com

exibar

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 28, 2022, 01:42:35 am
  • I'm the creator of Exibar's Lair!
« Reply #87 on: December 20, 2007, 06:25:47 pm »
I'm extreamly sorry to hear about your loss.  He was vrey well liked here in the forum and will surely be missed by all.

Mike B

SavannahLion

• Wiki Contributor
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 19, 2015, 02:28:15 am
« Reply #88 on: December 21, 2007, 12:25:56 pm »
When I read the front page, I thought it was a joke or an error. The guy who was willing to risk sleeping in the proverbial dog house over a a car is gone?!

My vocabulary is far too small to properly express my sadness and disappointment that a man with such a unique scope on his arcade projects is no longer with us.

Lakersfan

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 05, 2024, 12:16:07 am
« Reply #89 on: December 21, 2007, 09:28:36 pm »
I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. I don't think I've ever crossed posting paths with him, but nonetheless it's a horrible tragedy & my prayers are with you and your families. God Bless.

TheBrokentoken

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 13, 2009, 09:19:37 am
  • Being a noob is awesome! (not)
    • Brokentoken.com
« Reply #90 on: December 21, 2007, 11:08:03 pm »
I know it's been said numerous times before me, but I can only offer my condolences during this time.  I did not know Eric, but I have a lot of respect for his perspective on life and his willingness to lay everything out to us forum members as he did.  Total props to him and I trust that our Maker has him close.
- Whitney Roberts
http://www.brokentoken.com

quarterback

• King Of The Night Time World!
  • Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 16, 2023, 10:51:41 pm
« Reply #91 on: December 22, 2007, 09:31:39 pm »
Wow....  I'm so sorry.  I hope you and his family are doing okay.   My heart goes out to you all.  :'(
No crap, don't put your kids in a real fridge.
-- Chad Tower

WunderCade

• Hey Saint, wanna update my custom title? ;D
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 11, 2023, 07:54:12 am
« Reply #92 on: December 28, 2007, 11:24:20 am »
God bless you and your family in this difficult time. Please know that he was greatly appreciated around here and will be missed. Our thoughts are with you and the family.

urbecrisch

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 06, 2024, 08:05:57 pm
  • I was the S**T back in '82
« Reply #93 on: January 18, 2008, 11:33:27 pm »
Never met Eric but by the sound of it he was admired and respected by the BYOAC community.  My condolence!

Jerry Seinfeld

« Reply #94 on: February 01, 2008, 09:36:41 pm »
Sorry to hear this.

Jeff AMN

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 25, 2017, 05:26:24 pm
    • Gamer Theory
« Reply #95 on: February 28, 2008, 11:02:40 am »
I've been away from the site for a while, so seeing this comes as a shock to me. At first it didn't quite sink in, but now it's starting to feel more real after I've read over the entire thread. This is very sad news, and I'll miss seeing Eric's posts on the forum when I pop in from time to time. He personally helped me out more than once, and we had some nice exchanges.

I'll be up in Alaska in August and I'm sure my thoughts will be with you guys, just as they are now.
http://www.CoinOpShippers.com - The lowest rates on pinball and arcade shipping in the USA.
http://GamerTheory.com - Video Game News, Reviews, Editorials, and Contests
http://www.thepinballpodcast.com/ - The Pinball Podcast - Two Pinheads Talking Pinball

psik0tik

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 09, 2008, 11:32:31 pm
  • Bah Bah Bah
« Reply #96 on: March 09, 2008, 11:15:51 am »
I'm sorry for not keeping up with you guys like I said I would. I lost the password to his account and had to dig through a lot of notebooks to find it.

I'd like to say that things are going well but "big oil" as he put it hasn't been so giving. They are making up reasons and stalling the fact that they have to pay.

Meanwhile I'm swamped in bills left behind. Here's an interesting story, Bank of america stills has him listed as being alive and since we have a loan through them they hadn't received payment in awhile. When I talked to them previously they had told me that it was ok that insurance and other factors had taken care of it. So I get a letter in the mail stating that our home we own in Florida now has a lien placed upon it and we have to pay the remainder of the bill which for privacy sake I'll give you a number of 2000.

OK when we got the loan it was for 500 but since it has been sitting there collecting late fees and back payment it went up over 150%. Now if told you the real number you'd have a heart attack. Now I need to sell the house but guess what they put a lien on it. And I had been reading about how hard it is to sell your home right now but that is a different story :)

So now since bank of america thinks he is still alive I have to go and deposit money in his account like I was a family or friend. I don't get how this whole system works. So until big oil pays I'm just screwed. Otehr than that I love Alaska and I get to be close to him. I was offered a job by his company and they got a big finger and a no thank you. It's freezing here and I have to plug my car in but the scenery is amazing and the people are wonderful. I don't see myself ever leaving.

And here's for the biggest news. 3 weeks after his death I found out something amazing that when I think about it makes me cry to this day. I am pregnant!!!!!! I have a little psik0tik growing inside me. It will be a boy and I have saved as much arcade stuff as I possibly could. I have boxes and boxes of nintendo, sega, Arcade pictures and posters and I plan on turning the nursery into a sort of arcade theme. I will send you guys pictures when I get the room set up. If you guys have any ideas they would be greatly appreciated.

Also the half car was sold last week, someone out there is going to finish it and hopefully they post you guys some pictures on here.   You guys are the sweetest and nicest I know and I will keep posting here from time to time now that I have the password again. Thanks you guys!

edit by moderator: made paragraphs for easier reading
« Last Edit: March 09, 2008, 02:22:01 pm by Peale »
Going to Mcdonalds for a salad is like going to a crack house for vitamins.

SirPeale

• Green Mountain Man
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+23)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 04, 2023, 09:51:57 am
  • Arcade Repair in New England
    • Arcade Game and Other Coin-Op Projects
« Reply #97 on: March 09, 2008, 02:23:37 pm »
Congratulations!  Please keep us posted!

As for BOA thinking he's still alive, you'll have to submit his death certificate to them to get that straightened out.  You may want to consult with a CPA and/or an attorney on the other stuff.  It'll cost a little, but it'll save you many headaches.

AtomSmasher

• I'm happy to fly below Saint's radar
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 02, 2022, 03:50:10 am
  • I'd rather be rich than stupid.
    • Atomic-Train
« Reply #98 on: March 09, 2008, 08:01:59 pm »
Thats horrible that BofA and the oil company are giving you problems, but thats great news that you are pregnant.  Congratulations.

missioncontrol

• MC-Retro says Wot!
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 23, 2021, 12:53:30 pm
« Reply #99 on: March 11, 2008, 10:28:26 am »
congrats on the little psik0tik on the way. Still sad for your loss though...

sorry to hear of your troubles with BOA and big oil....