Arcade Collecting > Pinball

Pinballs offered, should I bite ? UPDATE: Williams Getaway, The Project begins..

(1/9) > >>

Level42:
All of a sudden I got offered to buy two pinballs (from different sources !).

One machine is unknown but "there's a flashlight on the top"......... it is claimed to work...no further info. Will get more info in a bout a week's time....

The other one is a 1980 Williams Firepower. Status unknown. Does anybody know this machine and how is it ?
(http://www.klov.com/game_detail.php?game_id=2331)

I am very tempted if the price is right :P

shardian:
KLOV sucks for pins. Go to ipdb.org

http://www.ipdb.org/search.pl?any=firepower&search=Search+Database&searchtype=quick#856

Game has pretty darn good reviews.

Is the other possibly a Rescue 911?
http://www.ipdb.org/search.pl?any=rescue&sortby=name&search=Search+Database&searchtype=quick#1951

ChadTower:

Firepower is a good pin.  System 6 is a nice robust architecture once well shopped.  Can't go wrong with System 6. 

Level42:
Yeah great reviews so far....seems it's "star wars themed" without a license....

Both machines are "in the way", so I hope to score a great deal on one of them......

The one with the flashlight was said to be "30 years old, or so....but my brother-in-law is not exactly an expert :) ) I hate it....he calls me, asks "what a pinball costs these days"....So I say, depends very much on age, status and what pin it is. So I ask, do you know the name ? No.  Do you know if it has electronic counters ? What are electronic counters....so I stopped there.....then he says, would somewhere between 50 and 100 euro be OK ? It has to move... so I took a gamble and said yes, but that I still want to see it before. Not so much for the money, but I'm not planning on moving out someone else's garbage.....but he claims it works.....
What I really don't want is en electro-mechanical machine. I'm sorry but I'm en electronics guy, not mechanical (the SW yoke scares me ;) ) and I am so used to the newer, faster pins....those golden oldies look nice but they are sloooooowwwww..... :D

I will get some cell-phone pics from the Firepower tomorrow (I saw them today on my nephew's phone, it looked pretty good on those).....and I asked him to get a price they want for it....

D_Zoot:

--- Quote from: Level42 on December 05, 2007, 05:13:35 pm ---What I really don't want is en electro-mechanical machine. I'm sorry but I'm en electronics guy, not mechanical (the SW yoke scares me ;) ) and I am so used to the newer, faster pins....those golden oldies look nice but they are sloooooowwwww..... :D

--- End quote ---

Jump on the Firepower if it's a good deal for you.  Firepower is one of the great classic pins of that era!

Don't knock EM pins,  I always have at least one EM pin around, something about the feel and sounds of EM make them special.  Not all EM's are slow clunkers,  I've got some later era Williams EM's that, once properly shopped, play killer fast and are quite challenging.  I just let a Williams Hang Glider go,  that thing played just as snappy as any 80's solid state (but the theme was a snoozer).

D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version