Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: CPWizard v2.63 Released  (Read 217624 times)

Brian B

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 28, 2015, 07:32:02 pm
Re: CPWizard v2.37 Released
« Reply #640 on: February 23, 2015, 07:01:31 pm »
Version on the site says 2.38, but I see people with 2.4--is the file name just off?

B.

empardopo

• Online Online
  • Last login:Today at 07:32:33 pm
    • My personal forum
« Reply #641 on: February 24, 2015, 02:49:26 am »

stigzler

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 11, 2022, 03:01:48 pm
  • It seemed like a good idea at the time....
    • Mago Arcade
« Reply #642 on: August 20, 2015, 07:18:30 pm »
The weirdest thing...

Does CPWizard send mousedowns or something when it first loads? If I click a button on my app to load it - CPWizard will load, taking focus from the app, but then the control is activated again after CPWizard loads. Tried this all over the screen - unfocussed windows get focussed if your hovering over them just as CPWizard loads.

Is there any way to stop it? Wondering if it's something to do with the mame pause functions, but tried messing about with these, but still happening. Also, tried all sorts in my .net app, but just can't work around it. Any tips? (apart from wait for the new version ;) )

epetti

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 14, 2023, 10:15:20 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #643 on: October 06, 2015, 01:41:02 am »
Hi. I could use a little help with my setup. I've been running CPWizard successfully for quite a while. But I just did an upgrade to my system. New computer, running Windows 7 instead of XP, and MAME .165 instead of .148.

I transferred over my CPWizard files from the old computer and pointed to the new MAME exe. I can get CPWizard to pop up during a game, and the menus are all there, but the control panel comes up with just the generic keycodes listed instead of the actual game controls (i.e. "KEYCODE_TILDE" instead of "Jump"). This happens even if I just manually run cpwizard with a single game from the command line. Not sure if it's related, but if I try to Preview from the UI, the game list is empty. My MAME path seems to be pointing to the right place, and the CPWizard log has no errors in it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Token

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 20, 2021, 03:45:43 pm
« Reply #644 on: February 04, 2016, 08:53:18 am »
I'm running HyperSpin and MAME 1.49 (no-nag compile).

CPWizard launches without problem on pause, but then returns to HyperSpin rather than MAME when unpaused.

I'm just getting started with CPWizard, so maybe I'm missing something simple...

8trek

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 09, 2024, 04:34:54 pm
« Reply #645 on: October 19, 2016, 05:46:41 pm »
running 2.42. using the batch export tool to export all png layout images. getting random results after changing control mapping. sometimes a reexport of image shows the new mapping of controls, othertimes does not. also noticing weird things like the date modified on the newly created exported image shows like it's old by like 10 or 20 minutes. usually when this happens have to shutdown everything then re-attempt then shows current modified time.  have played around with modifying the controls.xml file to see if i can change something as simple as text but changing this file seems to have no affect. anyone out there done anything like this?  thanks.

anchounio

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 17, 2023, 04:24:10 pm
« Reply #646 on: November 02, 2016, 04:36:02 pm »
Hello!
Is there some way to open the preview utility via command line?
It would be the same result as: "cpwizard -game pang -show"  (pang for example) but in windowed mode.

I need this because I want to create a script to open 2 cpwizard layouts, one for each player. That would be perfect for each player to see movement list in fighting games.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2016, 07:16:11 pm by anchounio »

stigzler

• Offline Offline
    • Mago Arcade
« Reply #647 on: November 02, 2016, 04:53:23 pm »
If you are using two separate displays - could you use some kind of 'duplicate displays'?

anchounio

• Offline Offline
« Reply #648 on: November 02, 2016, 05:42:31 pm »
If you are using two separate displays - could you use some kind of 'duplicate displays'?

Nope. I'm using only one display. BTW, duplicating displays would not work, because the second layout for the second player uses his controls opening another installation of cpwizard, with the controls configured for the second player.

I just need to open layout mode in a window, same way as the Cpwizard View=>Preview application does, but via command line.
The command line we all know "cpwizard -game sf2 -show" ALWAYS open the layout in full screen mode, and I can't find a way to run it windowed, which is what I need. 

Thanks for answering anyway :)
« Last Edit: November 02, 2016, 05:46:12 pm by anchounio »

anchounio

• Offline Offline
« Reply #649 on: November 03, 2016, 08:41:38 pm »
CPwizard 2.42 has a bug. To be concrete, it's the New Bezel Method (LUA Plugin):
When pressing PAUSE in MAME, the game screen turns directly into the first option in "Video Options" (inside the TAB menu). In some games it activates Upright Artwork, in others like Outrunners this is more serious... cause if you're playing dual screen in turns into single screen....

It's not neccesary to have CPwizard opened to reproduce the bug. It happens as soon as you copy the cp plugin inside mame plugins folder.

« Last Edit: November 03, 2016, 08:47:49 pm by anchounio »

headkaze

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 14, 2023, 02:00:48 am
  • 0x2b|~0x2b?
« Reply #650 on: November 04, 2016, 06:19:11 pm »
When pressing PAUSE in MAME, the game screen turns directly into the first option in "Video Options" (inside the TAB menu). In some games it activates Upright Artwork, in others like Outrunners this is more serious... cause if you're playing dual screen in turns into single screen....

Thanks for reporting this bug.. I'll fix it when I can. EDIT: I have a fixed version but I need MameDev to apply a patch I've made. As soon as it's in a future release I'll make the new script available.

As for adding an option to display CPWizard screens as windows.. well they are windowed mode just maximised and foreground. I recently added a bunch of options so they wont activate (gain focus) or set the window into foreground. You will need to download the latest version for these new options (see attached screenshot).

I don't really understand what you mean by "open layout mode in a window". If you need an extra option can you please explain in more detail what you want. Perhaps make a mock up if you can?
« Last Edit: November 04, 2016, 09:06:40 pm by headkaze »

anchounio

• Offline Offline
« Reply #651 on: November 04, 2016, 09:12:43 pm »
Hi
Thx for your fast reply!

Well, I've tried disabling those options (foreground, gain, focus...) but the result is the same. Cpwizard layouts always open maximized, and there's no way to turn it into a manipulable window, no combination of keys (alt+enter or Win+Arrows... whatever)....

I want to create a script (using autohotkey) for fighting games, opening 2 cpwizard different installations, 1 configured with player 1 controls and the other for player 2 controls in my cabinet. And the only way to do it is getting rid of the maximized mode of the layouts.

Right now, it is impossible in cpwizard to open a windowed mode layout. The only way to do it is with the gui option, View=>Preview, then selecting the game. From here any layout is open windowed, but this is not viable for a script.

The possible solutions for me would be:
 - Adding an option to always open the layouts windowed (for example, together with the other options "foreground, gain focus...)".
 - Adding an option in the commnad line, for example "-w"
"cpwizard -game sf2 -show -w"   (to open the layout in windowed mode)
 - Adding a key combination to allow turn the layout screen into windowed mode.

I've added a screenshot. Well, to sum it up,  it's quite simple, I just need a way to access that windowed layouts, apart from inside the gui (view=>Preview), because that way is not suitable for a script.

Thanks in advance :)
« Last Edit: November 04, 2016, 09:28:55 pm by anchounio »

stigzler

• Offline Offline
    • Mago Arcade
« Reply #652 on: November 05, 2016, 05:32:40 am »
So you're looking to open 2 CPWizard windows on a single monitor to show two lots of control layouts which are exactly the same?  ???

Or do Player 1 and 2 have different controls sometimes? If so, you can construct single layout with both player 1 and 2 on (as per your screenshot)

Hard to understand what your're trying to achieve unless I'm just not getting it.

anchounio

• Offline Offline
« Reply #653 on: November 05, 2016, 06:16:19 am »
So you're looking to open 2 CPWizard windows on a single monitor to show two lots of control layouts which are exactly the same?  ???

Or do Player 1 and 2 have different controls sometimes? If so, you can construct single layout with both player 1 and 2 on (as per your screenshot)

Hard to understand what your're trying to achieve unless I'm just not getting it.

The screenshot I put just show the kind of layout (windowed) I need to be able to open in any of the 3 possible alternatives I wrote, which are suitable for a script.

Fighting games have their movements list inside CONTROL INFO. I want each player being able to read his movement list separately. I can do it with a script using autohotkeys, but for that, first I need to open windowed layouts.

I might have forgotten to explain this better  ;D

Edit: I'm showing you examples of my future script:
 -In screenshot 1 I'm using a PDF guide of the game using Manual option. This is intented to be for showing mame's operators manual of each game, but you can open any kind of PDF. In my case, I'll use it for opening pdf guides of fighting games.
 -In case I don't have a pdf guide of a fighting game, I can use the option Control Info. In screenshot 2 I have the divided screen for each player but this time using Control Info option. Control Info includes most movements list of all mame fighting games. This information is read from the file cpwizard\data\command.dat

« Last Edit: November 05, 2016, 07:06:14 am by anchounio »

stigzler

• Offline Offline
    • Mago Arcade
« Reply #654 on: November 05, 2016, 07:15:47 am »
Oh! I get it now. Yeah - this would be a nifty feature.

headkaze

• Offline Offline
  • 0x2b|~0x2b?
« Reply #655 on: November 08, 2016, 07:42:58 pm »
anchounio: It appears you just need an option to display the layout in a window. Do you need to be able to set the position? What about the titlebar and border?

I have a fixed version but I need MameDev to apply a patch I've made. As soon as it's in a future release I'll make the new script available.

The good news is my patch is now in the official MAME GitHub repo so as soon as a new version of MAME is released I will be posting a new plugin.

username1024

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 04, 2016, 12:26:58 am
« Reply #656 on: November 08, 2016, 08:06:24 pm »
Does anyone know how to batch export a limited set of bezels using CPWizard?  I only have about 50 roms on a cabinet to keep it easy for visitors to choose a game.  I use File->Export->Batch with the "Output Type" set to Bezel but it starts making hundreds and thousands of .zips I am uninterested in.  I'm using a pretty high res background image for my control panel so I really don't want to have to generate like 36,000 .zips to get the 50 I need.

Is there a command line option to output a specific game's bezel?  I could script it myself then.  Or a way to limit the games CPWizard knows about to just the roms I have?  Thanks!

anchounio

• Offline Offline
« Reply #657 on: November 08, 2016, 08:09:21 pm »
anchounio: It appears you just need an option to display the layout in a window. Do you need to be able to set the position? What about the titlebar and border?

Yeah, that's it :)
I think I don't need the position, cause I will just move it right in my script with Windows Key+Left or Right arrow.
It would be much better without the titlebar and the border.

headkaze

• Offline Offline
  • 0x2b|~0x2b?
« Reply #658 on: November 08, 2016, 09:05:04 pm »
I think I don't need the position, cause I will just move it right in my script with Windows Key+Left or Right arrow.

If you're going to use Autohotkey then you should be able to position the window as it is.

Use the FindWindow Win32 API function to get the handle to the CPWizard window named "Layout". Then use the SetWindowPlacement Win32 API function. Set the showCmd struct value to SW_RESTORE to take the window out of its maximised state. Fill the rest of the struct with the values you want for the position and size of the window. There is an example AutoHotkey script here.

The main problem I see is CPWizard is not designed to run multiple instances. In fact if you try to run another instance it will send the command line args to the previous instance and close.

anchounio

• Offline Offline
« Reply #659 on: November 09, 2016, 07:29:41 am »
The main problem I see is CPWizard is not designed to run multiple instances. In fact if you try to run another instance it will send the command line args to the previous instance and close.

I'm using a second cpwizard installation. This way 2 instances can be opened, and in the second cpwizard the controls of the second player are configured.

BTW, I'm getting mad with that autohotkey script... Could I have a closer example?
Or just have an added option to open layouts windowed, cause the autohotkey solution is ... really difficult for me  :lol
« Last Edit: November 09, 2016, 08:13:28 am by anchounio »

headkaze

• Offline Offline
  • 0x2b|~0x2b?
« Reply #660 on: November 30, 2016, 04:23:23 am »
I'll fix it when I can. EDIT: I have a fixed version but I need MameDev to apply a patch I've made. As soon as it's in a future release I'll make the new script available.

MAME 0180 includes my patch so I've updated the showcp plugin. You can download it from the CPWizard site.

anchounio

• Offline Offline
« Reply #661 on: December 02, 2016, 11:41:08 am »

If you're going to use Autohotkey then you should be able to position the window as it is.

Use the FindWindow Win32 API function to get the handle to the CPWizard window named "Layout". Then use the SetWindowPlacement Win32 API function. Set the showCmd struct value to SW_RESTORE to take the window out of its maximised state. Fill the rest of the struct with the values you want for the position and size of the window. There is an example AutoHotkey script here.

Could you show me a closer example of how to make this possible?
Thanks in advance

anchounio

• Offline Offline
« Reply #662 on: December 05, 2016, 08:02:41 am »

Could you show me a closer example of how to make this possible?
Thanks in advance

It doesn't matter. I've managed to handle the layout window using an application called "WinSplit Revolution". It allows to move this kind of windows using a hotkey, you can make your own combination of keys and they can work via autohotkeys.

And yes, you were true: Cpwizard doesn't allow multiple instances.... unless you open the second instance using another cpwizard installation and opening it for the FIRST TIME. Yeah, it only works this way. It takes 5 seconds to open the second cpwizard layout but it's OK for me.

Thank you for your software
« Last Edit: December 05, 2016, 08:26:51 am by anchounio »

luizw81

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 05, 2022, 12:39:36 pm
  • I love the Power Glove. It's so bad.
« Reply #663 on: February 03, 2017, 02:40:09 pm »
I'm having an issue and I was hoping someone can help me work through it.  I've been trying to switch the button images to ones that match my actual CP (all red pushbuttons).  However, no matter what I do when I launch CPWizard the controls always show the default buttons (red,blue, and white).  As you can see from the attachments only the start and coin buttons change.  I can add buttons all day and they show to buttons I want to use (T1ButtonRed) but as soon as I map it to an input it switches to the default setup.  Any ideas?

stigzler

• Offline Offline
    • Mago Arcade
« Reply #664 on: February 03, 2017, 05:34:38 pm »
Have you tried swapping out the button images in CPWizard>Media for your own? Make a backup first

headkaze

• Offline Offline
  • 0x2b|~0x2b?
« Reply #665 on: February 03, 2017, 05:46:23 pm »
You can just turn off the "Color Images" setting for your layout.

luizw81

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 05, 2022, 12:39:36 pm
  • I love the Power Glove. It's so bad.
« Reply #666 on: February 03, 2017, 11:49:59 pm »
Thanks, Headkaze!  That did the trick.  Gotta say a big thanks to you...been scouring the forums for the better part of two years and the work you do is appreciated!

Sent from my SM-G530R4 using Tapatalk

stigzler

• Offline Offline
    • Mago Arcade
« Reply #667 on: February 04, 2017, 05:32:44 am »
Whoops - sorry for the bum steer

Necro

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 29, 2022, 08:22:22 pm
  • Building a 'Classic' MAME Cab
« Reply #668 on: February 07, 2017, 12:09:04 pm »
HK - I had an issue with GameEx and am reinstalling/reconfiging my cabinet.  One thing I did was update CPWizard - and now I can't get it to detect anything from my U360's.  Was definitely working before, but now it seems to not detect anything.  I know there was an issue with this in the past, but thought it was resolved.  Any ideas? 

The U360's work in GameEx, MAME, and detect/display movement fine in Windows, so a bit stumped.

Also, and I think i asked this once before, years ago - can you change the background and rotation/flip on the game info screen?  (with rom details, etc.)
« Last Edit: February 07, 2017, 02:55:10 pm by Necro »

anchounio

• Offline Offline
« Reply #669 on: February 10, 2017, 08:27:55 am »
Hello!
Is there some way to speed up the pdf reader when reading manuals?
It is sooo sloooow :(
Thanks in advance

Could we have an option to disable EXIT button inside the layout MENU ?

Necro

• Offline Offline
« Reply #670 on: February 11, 2017, 03:54:47 pm »
Hrm...I can't seem to get CPWizard to display over GameEx either - it definitely loads on pause but appears behind gameex and I get just a black screen.  If I quit out of MAME and GameEx, it's just sitting there. 

Works fine when run just with MAME. 

wemr97dl

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 19, 2024, 11:18:55 pm
  • KEEP GOING!
« Reply #671 on: February 13, 2017, 08:05:51 am »
I have cp wizard set up and working but some controls do not match up, I already set up ledblinky and it's working fine lighting the correct controls, I think my .cfg is wrong but don't know how to get cpwizard to look at the correct file?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Necro

• Offline Offline
« Reply #672 on: February 14, 2017, 06:01:28 pm »
Figured I'd post my verbose log as well, just in case HK checks in on this and has any ideas.  Completely baffled - display works fine on just MAME and if it's set to run at MAME start, but when I try to have it show when I press the L key, it just shows a black screen. 

anchounio

• Offline Offline
« Reply #673 on: April 27, 2017, 11:13:46 am »
Hi

Hi see some changes have been made since version 2.42
But where can i download the new cpwizard version 2.60, the official headsoft page still has version 2.42
http://headsoft.com.au/index.php?category=cpwizard&page=download

stigzler

• Offline Offline
    • Mago Arcade
« Reply #674 on: May 06, 2017, 05:34:29 pm »
Hi

But where can i download the new cpwizard version 2.60, the official headsoft page still has version 2.42

Have you tried downloading this, running it and then checking the log (for the version number)? My money's on the link pointing to the newest version, but the html text being old.

anchounio

• Offline Offline
« Reply #675 on: May 30, 2017, 04:29:30 am »
Hi

Have you tried downloading this, running it and then checking the log (for the version number)? My money's on the link pointing to the newest version, but the html text being old.

You were true, the download version was updated.
BTW, now the html has been updated and show the correct name of the downloable version.

I see some changes have been made since 2.42 :)

27 May 2017   v2.61 -  Added menu options (stigzler)
16 Feb 2017   v2.60 - Added Mame filtering
9 Jan 2017   v2.51 - Fixed event draw accumulation bug (thanks Stigzler!)
2 Jan 2017   v2.50 - Fixed -show command line option. Moved from MDX to SlimDX
« Last Edit: May 30, 2017, 06:03:24 pm by anchounio »

anchounio

• Offline Offline
« Reply #676 on: May 30, 2017, 08:56:37 pm »
BUG in 2.61

ALL Clones are not supported anymore. Same happen with some random games such as TEKKEN 3.
This is really strange  :soapbox:
Only 2500 games supported in version 2.61 (see first attachment)

This doesn't happen in version 2.42 using the same mame, same configuration, same everything
(see second attachment). 33000 games supported, this is the whole mame with all its clones.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2017, 09:17:01 pm by anchounio »

headkaze

• Offline Offline
  • 0x2b|~0x2b?
« Reply #677 on: May 30, 2017, 10:51:03 pm »
ALL Clones are not supported anymore. Same happen with some random games such as TEKKEN 3.

It's not a bug it's just the MAME filtering. Since MAME now includes MESS there are a lot more games.

EDIT: Check out CPWizard v2.63 it has a new MAME Filters tab in Options.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2017, 12:48:39 am by headkaze »

anchounio

• Offline Offline
Re: CPWizard v2.63 Released
« Reply #678 on: May 31, 2017, 05:32:38 am »
Hey, thank you, that's the addition I needed!

BUT... Version 1.63 seems broken, I can't add the mame.exe file, cpwizard doesn't load anything after adding the file, then after restart, mame paths appear empty as if nothing had been added.
Most options appear empty, including the screen option. I also can't add any input, cpwizard does nothing after pressing the button to press a key. All the profiles I had are not recogniced anymore (For each new cpwizard version I always copy the folders "media", "layout" and "data"and my profiles are automatically detected). In the "Data" tab, all options appear unmarked and after marking them nothing is saved

:banghead:

It's like options cannot be set up... 
« Last Edit: May 31, 2017, 05:42:15 am by anchounio »

headkaze

• Offline Offline
  • 0x2b|~0x2b?
Re: CPWizard v2.63 Released
« Reply #679 on: May 31, 2017, 05:54:06 am »
It's like options cannot be set up...

Can you please attach your CPWizard.log file.