Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: CPWizard v2.63 Released  (Read 220114 times)

jordya

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 14, 2010, 07:34:14 pm
Re: CPWizard v1.71 Released
« Reply #160 on: May 02, 2008, 11:38:19 am »
ok, I might have answered my own question...

if I use CPWizard and configure some settings, I can pause Mame and CPWizard will load, showing the CP. Then I can hit pause again and close CPWizard.

If I do not use CPWizard but instead use Mame's video options to show or hide CP, that is where my problem is stemming from.

My goal here is similar to TheShanMan's...press pause to view the CP (and pause the game) and press pause again to go back to gameplay.

Am I thinking about this correctly?

TheShanMan

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 16, 2023, 03:35:12 pm
    • My Arcade (updated 1/30/13)
« Reply #161 on: May 03, 2008, 02:25:55 am »
Headkaze, I have more info on a bug I reported and a new bug, but before I do (since this is a long winded post), let me say something, and then after that you can read about the bugs if you want. :)

I keep raising issues with you even though I feel like a pest because you essentially said to keep 'em coming, but it seems that you have at least temporarily lost interest in working on CPWizard, which I can't blame you for in the least (you owe us nothing!). I am thinking about just trying out the bezel approach just because it seems like it would be rock solid in terms of working the way you'd expect, but I certainly do like the menu features too. For that reason and because I like helping you out with feedback (only as long as you want it!) I don't want to switch if you are wanting to get these issues ironed out sometime soon. If I do switch I may be less inclined to switch back at which point I probably wouldn't have much feedback to give anymore (which might be welcomed by you ;)). So let me know what you think, and if you stay quiet still, that's OK - I'll assume that means no imminent updates and I'll at least give the bezel approach a try. This isn't an attempt to pressure you at all - just letting you know where I'm at since you said you liked getting my feedback.

Now onto the bug info...

• I double checked that problem on my cab where the CP would only appear on first run and then subsequent runs the CPW menu would appear first (forcing me to pick CP from the menu). It is still definitely happening, and I checked my settings just to make sure that "Show CP Only" was indeed checked, and it is. Any ideas on how to get to the bottom of this? Is there something in the log file that might be revealing (I'm guessing for this, no)? If you want to send me a test version with extra logging aimed at this problem added, I'd be more than happy to try it out and get the results back to you.
  • I may have run into another bug. I paused a game and the CPW menu appeared, then went to dinner. Screen saver kicked in and once I came back to finish the game, CPW no longer worked until I exited the game and came back in. Actually, I'm almost positive I know why the failure occurred. I use TB_Screensaver, which launches mame games as a screensaver, so while the screensaver was active there were 2 instances of mame running (the real paused game, and the screensaver). Once the screensaver terminated, CPW must have thought that mame was no longer running so it stopped watching the keystrokes. Would it be possible for CPW to actually count the number of game starts, therefore if the screensaver kicks in as the 2nd game and then terminates, CPW still works? Not super-critical of course, but if switching from a boolean to a counter is all it will take to fix it, then why not, right?
« Last Edit: May 03, 2008, 12:18:38 pm by TheShanMan »
My Collection: Mame cab, 38 dedicated vids, pin, skeeball, coin op air hockey table, Ice Cold Beer, Megatouch, 2 token machines, and payphone (VAPS, pics at Arcade Crusade)

Add Ambience to your mame cab setup

headkaze

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 14, 2023, 02:00:48 am
  • 0x2b|~0x2b?
« Reply #162 on: May 03, 2008, 03:10:55 pm »
Here is a debug version. Go to Options->General and Enable Verbose Logging. Next run CPWizard and when it starts showing the MainMenu instead of the CP then post the log here.

I've also adding a new input key called "Exit Key" which is default to "P". Go to Input Options and Enable Exit Key to use it.

Also the setting input's back to "DEFAULT" should work now too.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2008, 01:12:26 am by headkaze »

TheShanMan

• Offline Offline
« Reply #163 on: May 03, 2008, 06:01:46 pm »
Thanks a bunch headkaze. I tried out the exit key feature and it doesn't seem to be working well. Most of the time hitting P pauses the game for a fraction of a second and then the game unpauses again by itself. I even tried making sure I did a super-fast tap of the button but same thing. Other times, I've seen it pause but the CPW display comes up with the background appearing unpaused (i.e. the game is not dimmed) even though it is paused. Seems like the screen capture you do is a moment too early or something. If there is any logging that's done in this area that you think might be helpful, let me know and I'll get the file and post it.

Because of that problem I haven't been able to work on the other problem with the menu showing instead of the CP.

Great to hear about the DEFAULT stuff working!
My Collection: Mame cab, 38 dedicated vids, pin, skeeball, coin op air hockey table, Ice Cold Beer, Megatouch, 2 token machines, and payphone (VAPS, pics at Arcade Crusade)

colonelsnow

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 13, 2022, 07:56:26 am
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #164 on: May 03, 2008, 07:47:55 pm »
I am having trouble getting a remapping of the menu navigation controls to work. I go into the setup and change up to 8 and down to 2 but it does not change the navigation. I am using the latest release.

headkaze

• Offline Offline
  • 0x2b|~0x2b?
« Reply #165 on: May 04, 2008, 03:06:28 am »
TheShanMan: I tested the new Exit Key feature on 4 different PC's today and it worked fine. I'm not sure what is going wrong for you. Check the CPWizard.log and post it here if there are any error messages. Also make sure your only running CPWizard and Mame just to help narrow down what the problem is.

Also you should still be able to test the other issue by just switching off the Enable Exit Key in Input Options. If you turn on Verbose Logging it should give me a bit more info in the log file.

I can only fix problems that I can identify and it gets hard when it works on 4 PC's here and noone else has reported the problem your having. Perhaps you should try uninstalling CPWizard and starting again? Backup everything first of course and copy any Layout Maps and your custom images/layouts back.

TheShanMan

• Offline Offline
« Reply #166 on: May 04, 2008, 11:22:03 am »
Of course - I don't expect you to work miracles here ;D, which is why I hoped log file stuff would help. I want to make it as easy as possible for you to fix stuff I run into. I figured with the test version failing badly that it was just an unofficial build anyway and you might not have had a chance to make sure it's working well yet. Thought it was more of "here's a build with extra logging to figure out that problem, and oh btw, it has some extra new stuff I'm currently working on."

So sorry if I made you feel frustrated. I wouldn't even want you to go to the trouble to try to reproduce it on 4 computers. I was looking for either "yeah, you're right" or "seems to work here, why don't you try this". I don't have the easy access to mouse and keyboard that most here seem to with their cabs, so it's a little bit of a pain to repeatedly mess around with settings, uninstall/reinstall, etc. but once I realize that's what I need to do, I'm happy to do it.

I will do as you suggest!
« Last Edit: May 04, 2008, 11:24:24 am by TheShanMan »

Curatio

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 26, 2008, 03:58:07 am
« Reply #167 on: May 05, 2008, 01:08:48 pm »
The Exit Key feature is not working for me, either. Mame now pauses as if CPWizard wasn't there. In fact, it isn't there, because when I bring up task manager CPWizard is no longer running, even though task manager showed that it was running fine after starting the frontend. Seems like when I pressed P to pause, it exited CPWizard instead of bringing up the control panel.

headkaze

• Offline Offline
  • 0x2b|~0x2b?
« Reply #168 on: May 05, 2008, 08:13:40 pm »
The Exit Key feature is not working for me, either. Mame now pauses as if CPWizard wasn't there. In fact, it isn't there, because when I bring up task manager CPWizard is no longer running, even though task manager showed that it was running fine after starting the frontend. Seems like when I pressed P to pause, it exited CPWizard instead of bringing up the control panel.

Make sure you install the latest version from the website before you copy over the exe. This exe is not an official release and it uses new components only available inside the version for download. If you check your log file you will probably see an error which is why CPWizard is exiting.

TheSanMan: Don't take what I said the wrong way, I usually test on at least 2 PC's before I release anything but I don't have time to test it as thoroughly as I'd like so I do rely alot on users to let me know when there is a problem. I do appreciate your feedback. It is best to check the log file for errors though as that can be a tremendous help.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2008, 08:16:40 pm by headkaze »

TheShanMan

• Offline Offline
« Reply #169 on: May 06, 2008, 12:34:24 am »
I'm happy to help you with testing - it's the least I can do since you've been responsive to my reports and requests. I've been too busy to try your suggestions so far, but believe me - I will as soon as I can (after all, my kids don't like how pause doesn't pause anymore!).

Curatio

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 26, 2008, 03:58:07 am
« Reply #170 on: May 06, 2008, 03:39:54 am »
Make sure you install the latest version from the website before you copy over the exe. This exe is not an official release and it uses new components only available inside the version for download. If you check your log file you will probably see an error which is why CPWizard is exiting.

Thanks, headkaze! I installed the latest version, then copied over the exe, and now it is working great. I even recompiled my Mame 0118 with the bezel diff, and now the Send Pause Key feature works perfectly too. Great work!

jhabers

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 09, 2019, 03:29:34 pm
« Reply #171 on: May 06, 2008, 12:46:27 pm »
Suggestion for a feature that would be very helpful to me. I know you can set the "back" key to exit out of CPWizard, but can you make an option so it also un-pauses the game as well when you do this? So basically exiting out of CPWizrd will exit and unpause the game.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: May 06, 2008, 01:04:40 pm by jhabers »

TheShanMan

• Offline Offline
« Reply #172 on: May 06, 2008, 01:24:16 pm »
That feature already exists, but for recent versions of mame you need to apply his mame source code patch and build mame yourself so that mame will listen for CPWizard's request to unpause.

jhabers

• Offline Offline
« Reply #173 on: May 06, 2008, 05:36:48 pm »
That feature already exists, but for recent versions of mame you need to apply his mame source code patch and build mame yourself so that mame will listen for CPWizard's request to unpause.

wow, dont know how i missed that, I am running mame .123, and chance that the bezel124 patch will work on my mame .123. I would go to mame124 but my roms are 123. Any advice?
Thanks

Jon

jhabers

• Offline Offline
« Reply #174 on: May 06, 2008, 06:32:25 pm »

wow, dont know how i missed that, I am running mame .123, and chance that the bezel124 patch will work on my mame .123. I would go to mame124 but my roms are 123. Any advice?
Thanks

Jon

the 124 diff seemed to apply to 123 source with no errors, compiling now

TheShanMan

• Offline Offline
« Reply #175 on: May 07, 2008, 12:32:49 am »
Darn forum! I wrote up a message and attached a log file, and it tells me I can't attach a log file, so as a result I have to retype my message! :angry:

Anyway, I captured logging info when the layout didn't show up (nothing showed up - as though CPW wasn't running). By my interpretation of the log file, it tried to show the layout but that's where the logging ended. So I don't know if that's very helpful or not, but I've attached it regardless.

I am doing my testing without my FE running and with CPW running as a normal app, not a service.

I guess next I'll have to uninstall, reinstall, and try again, but I'd like to know what your reaction to the log file is.

I will also test the problem with the menu appearing instead of the layout.

TheShanMan

• Offline Offline
« Reply #176 on: May 07, 2008, 12:53:44 am »
I uninstalled and reinstalled, and it's no better.I left the settings as vanilla as possible except for what I had to change to test this. Logging was exactly the same too.

Also, sometimes the pause succeeds from the mame point of view even though CPW doesn't do anything, and other times, as I said previously, mame pauses only for a fraction of a second and then resumes even though I only hit P once, and of course CPW doesn't do anything then either. There is no distinction in what the logs show in the 2 cases.

I can tell that there is no logging around unpausing mame - that might have been helpful.

And in the debug build I can't get the problem of the menu showing instead of the layout to happen. I downgraded back to 1.74 for now due to the major pause problems and the menu started showing up instead of the layout again. Unfortunately there is no logging regarding these events in 1.74.

Let me know what if anything I can do next!
« Last Edit: May 07, 2008, 01:02:27 am by TheShanMan »

Cero21

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 23, 2016, 11:04:44 pm
« Reply #177 on: May 07, 2008, 01:42:56 am »
Seeing some strange behaviour here.

I installed CPWizard and have my ctrl file in mame to map my 7 button layout

to

xxx

for Neo Geo.

When launching a neo geo game.  King of the Monsters for example.  CPWizard light up some of the xxx buttons and labels them with directions?  Also the 1234 buttons are labelled abcd instead of what they actually do?

Is there any way to make the non useable buttons (xxx) not light up?  Did I not configure something properly to have the actions (labels) show up in the control panel?

In my ctrl file I changed the orignal 123 buttons to "none".

Running mame .125 right now but had the same thing happening with .124

jhabers

• Offline Offline
« Reply #178 on: May 07, 2008, 09:36:48 am »
Seeing some strange behaviour here.

I installed CPWizard and have my ctrl file in mame to map my 7 button layout

to

xxx

for Neo Geo.

When launching a neo geo game.  King of the Monsters for example.  CPWizard light up some of the xxx buttons and labels them with directions?  Also the 1234 buttons are labelled abcd instead of what they actually do?

Is there any way to make the non useable buttons (xxx) not light up?  Did I not configure something properly to have the actions (labels) show up in the control panel?

In my ctrl file I changed the orignal 123 buttons to "none".

Running mame .125 right now but had the same thing happening with .124

I have your exact setup, let me test mine tonight

jon

jhabers

• Offline Offline
« Reply #179 on: May 08, 2008, 08:02:31 pm »

i applied the .124 bezel patch to .125 mame source and the unpause feture isnt working, is this because its a .124 patch on a .125 source? I didnt get any errors when applying the patch.

Thanks

Jon

TheShanMan

• Offline Offline
« Reply #180 on: May 08, 2008, 11:01:13 pm »
Did you check the "send pause" option? I'm using the patch on .123, so presumably it would work on .125 too, unless there were conflicting source code changes in that area.

jhabers

• Offline Offline
« Reply #181 on: May 08, 2008, 11:07:22 pm »
Did you check the "send pause" option? I'm using the patch on .123, so presumably it would work on .125 too, unless there were conflicting source code changes in that area.

well that would make sense, wouldn't it!?...Didn't have that checked, will enable that tomorrow

Thanks  ;D ;)

headkaze

• Offline Offline
  • 0x2b|~0x2b?
« Reply #182 on: May 11, 2008, 01:22:29 am »
TheShanMan: I'm just as determined to fix the problem so I'm glad your still on my case about it. Just been a bit busy lately, but would like to release this new version of CPWizard just as soon as we have your issue solved.

So our goal at the moment is to track down exactly where it's going wrong. More than likely it's something minor that will take me a few minutes to fix, but it's tracking it down which will probably take the most time.

I've added more logging related to the communication going on with Mame. So attached is a new exe for you to try. FYI my log looks like this. All I'm doing is launching 1942 then pressing p to show CPWizard then p again to close and unpause Mame.

Code: [Select]
11/05/2008 1:16:56 PM: OnMameStart (MameManager) -> OnMameStart
11/05/2008 1:16:56 PM: OnMameStart (MameManager) -> GameName: 1942
11/05/2008 1:16:57 PM: OnMamePaused (MameManager) -> OnMamePaused
11/05/2008 1:16:57 PM: OnMamePaused (MameManager) -> Showing Mame
11/05/2008 1:16:57 PM: Show (ProgramManager) -> Show
11/05/2008 1:16:57 PM: Show (ProgramManager) -> Mame Running
11/05/2008 1:16:57 PM: Show (ProgramManager) -> Searching for Mame
11/05/2008 1:16:57 PM: FindMame (MameManager) -> Mame Running
11/05/2008 1:16:57 PM: FindMame (MameManager) -> Command Line: 1942
11/05/2008 1:16:57 PM: Show (ProgramManager) -> Game Found: 1942
11/05/2008 1:16:57 PM: Show (ProgramManager) -> Getting Game Details
11/05/2008 1:16:57 PM: Show (ProgramManager) -> Sending Pause Key
11/05/2008 1:16:57 PM: PauseMame (MameManager) -> Sending Pause State to Mame
11/05/2008 1:16:57 PM: Show (ProgramManager) -> Taking Screenshot
11/05/2008 1:16:57 PM: Show (ProgramManager) -> Showing Form
11/05/2008 1:16:57 PM: Show (ProgramManager) -> Minimizing Mame
11/05/2008 1:16:57 PM: MinimizeMame (MameManager) -> Minimizing Mame
11/05/2008 1:16:57 PM: Show (ProgramManager) -> Sleeping for 0 Seconds
11/05/2008 1:16:57 PM: Show (ProgramManager) -> Show CP Only is True
11/05/2008 1:16:57 PM: Show (ProgramManager) -> Exit To Menu is True
11/05/2008 1:16:57 PM: Show (ProgramManager) -> Display Mode is Layout
11/05/2008 1:16:57 PM: ShowScreen (ProgramManager) -> Hiding Main Menu
11/05/2008 1:16:57 PM: ShowScreen (ProgramManager) -> Resetting Menu
11/05/2008 1:16:57 PM: ShowScreen (ProgramManager) -> Setting Exit To Menu True
11/05/2008 1:16:57 PM: ShowScreen (ProgramManager) -> Showing Layout
11/05/2008 1:16:58 PM: RestoreMame (MameManager) -> Restoring Mame
11/05/2008 1:16:58 PM: UnPauseMame (MameManager) -> Sending UnPause State to Mame
11/05/2008 1:16:58 PM: OnMameUnPaused (MameManager) -> OnMameUnPaused
11/05/2008 1:16:59 PM: OnMameStop (MameManager) -> OnMameStop
11/05/2008 1:16:59 PM: OnMameStop (MameManager) -> Success
« Last Edit: June 01, 2008, 08:14:43 am by headkaze »

TheShanMan

• Offline Offline
« Reply #183 on: May 11, 2008, 02:41:40 am »
Awesome. Thanks headkaze. Tomorrow's going to be a bit busy, but if I get a chance I would definitely like to give it a try! I'll post back as soon as I have something for you.

nuka1195

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 18, 2020, 08:47:25 pm
« Reply #184 on: May 11, 2008, 10:56:45 am »
Very nice program, well layed out info, easy to edit your own control panel. thank you.

I have a couple questions:

1. is there anyway to have the text "start" and "coin" for PLAYER_2_START and PLAYER_2_COIN, dissapear when not a two player game? I currently set a custom text label, but can not figure out how to hide it.

2. does anybody have an example of how you setup your trackball. I link it to MOUSECODE_1_UP. is this the correct way?

thanks again.

headkaze

• Offline Offline
  • 0x2b|~0x2b?
« Reply #185 on: May 12, 2008, 02:11:30 am »
1. is there anyway to have the text "start" and "coin" for PLAYER_2_START and PLAYER_2_COIN, dissapear when not a two player game? I currently set a custom text label, but can not figure out how to hide it.

No sorry there is no way to have custom text disappear yet but I've added support for it in the next version.

2. does anybody have an example of how you setup your trackball. I link it to MOUSECODE_1_UP. is this the correct way?

Yes you use  mousecode's for a trackball.

nuka1195

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 18, 2020, 08:47:25 pm
« Reply #186 on: May 12, 2008, 08:40:36 am »
1. nice :)

2. the only bad thing, unless I'm doing it wrong, is i can only link to one label. so if i have arrows on, you only see one arrow going to the MOUSECODE_1_UP.

headkaze

• Offline Offline
  • 0x2b|~0x2b?
« Reply #187 on: May 12, 2008, 09:41:35 am »
2. the only bad thing, unless I'm doing it wrong, is i can only link to one label. so if i have arrows on, you only see one arrow going to the MOUSECODE_1_UP.

Yeah you can only have one label link per image but in the next version it will not render images that have no actual image loaded for them. At the moment it renders an X placeholder. So in effect they could be used to place arrows from labels to anywhere.

EDIT: Okay I'm not going to bother waiting until I fix TheShanMan's bug as he seems too busy to test this week. So I've uploaded 1.76 which should solve those two issues.

For adding Start and Coin text to the PLAYER_X_START and PLAYER_X_COIN buttons add another input code called Custom Text and add the text in there. Make sure the tick on the left is next to the Player Code and not the Custom Text code.

Getting the arrows to work now you can just add a new image and leave it a square with the cross in it. You can link labels to these but now they won't be renderer when you view your CP. So the end result is an arrow from a label to anywhere you want.

Now if you want to dim your trackball for trackball games you will have to create a new layout with your trackball image dimmed and use the Layout Map feature to load the layout with the trackball for trackball games and the dimmed trackball for non-trackball games.

Hope that helps!
« Last Edit: May 12, 2008, 01:37:23 pm by headkaze »

TheShanMan

• Offline Offline
Re: CPWizard v1.76 Released
« Reply #188 on: May 12, 2008, 12:53:28 pm »
Yeah, sorry headkaze. I'm glad you didn't wait on my account. As predicted, I was too busy yesterday. What little free time I had went to working on my tron joystick and spinner. I've been anxiously waiting for so long to be able to play tron again (I have refused to play it until I have appropriate controls), so unfortunately that has become a bit more important than the CPW issues.

Does 1.76 have all the logging you put into the debug build? If so, I'll update to 1.76 before I start testing again.

Now if you want to dim your trackball for trackball games you will have to create a new layout with your trackball image dimmed and use the Layout Map feature to load the layout with the trackball for trackball games and the dimmed trackball for non-trackball games.

Yep - that's what I do! Would be nice not to have to create extra layouts for that purpose, but it's a small price to pay because the workaround is easy. I'd rather have CPW work flawlessly during game playing than have minor conveniences added to design mode.

headkaze

• Offline Offline
  • 0x2b|~0x2b?
« Reply #189 on: May 12, 2008, 01:22:18 pm »
Yeah, sorry headkaze. I'm glad you didn't wait on my account. As predicted, I was too busy yesterday. What little free time I had went to working on my tron joystick and spinner. I've been anxiously waiting for so long to be able to play tron again (I have refused to play it until I have appropriate controls), so unfortunately that has become a bit more important than the CPW issues.

Does 1.76 have all the logging you put into the debug build? If so, I'll update to 1.76 before I start testing again.

No worries there is no rush. And yes the debug stuff is in the latest build. It has a tickbox in the options called Verbose Logging which can be turned on or off.

Yep - that's what I do! Would be nice not to have to create extra layouts for that purpose, but it's a small price to pay because the workaround is easy. I'd rather have CPW work flawlessly during game playing than have minor conveniences added to design mode.

The simplest solution I think would be to make a label link from the trackball image to one of the MOUSECODE labels. But then there would be a label arrow drawn between them. Perhaps I could take out the label link and label spot global options and place them into the image properties. Then the label arrow could be turned off for the trackball. Hmm seems like an awful lot of work for something that can already be solved by using a separate layout along with layout maps though.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2008, 01:24:04 pm by headkaze »

TheShanMan

• Offline Offline
« Reply #190 on: May 12, 2008, 04:47:34 pm »
Don't consider it an official request. :)

headkaze

• Offline Offline
  • 0x2b|~0x2b?
« Reply #191 on: May 13, 2008, 12:56:34 am »
Don't consider it an official request. :)

It might happen one day, I was just feeling lazy when I wrote that ;)

TheShanMan

• Offline Offline
« Reply #192 on: May 31, 2008, 06:55:59 pm »
Headkaze, I told you I was starting to lose interest in working on the problems I have! :P

Anyway, here's some log output of when I hit pause, and how CPW isn't showing the layout. In fact, it looks like it would be trying to unpause if I had the option checked to let it unpause mame. I did uncheck that option because pause would stop working! I'd get a flicker of a pause and then the game would simply resume. This log output is evidence of that too, so I guess it's 2 birds with 1 stone.

Note that everything happened within the same second.

Code: [Select]
5/31/2008 1:25:08 PM: OnMamePaused (MameManager) -> OnMamePaused
5/31/2008 1:25:08 PM: OnMamePaused (MameManager) -> Showing Mame
5/31/2008 1:25:08 PM: Show (ProgramManager) -> Show
5/31/2008 1:25:08 PM: Show (ProgramManager) -> Mame Running
5/31/2008 1:25:08 PM: Show (ProgramManager) -> Searching for Mame
5/31/2008 1:25:08 PM: FindMame (MameManager) -> Mame Running
5/31/2008 1:25:08 PM: FindMame (MameManager) -> Command Line:
5/31/2008 1:25:08 PM: Show (ProgramManager) -> Game Found: junglek
5/31/2008 1:25:08 PM: Show (ProgramManager) -> Getting Game Details
5/31/2008 1:25:08 PM: Show (ProgramManager) -> Taking Screenshot
5/31/2008 1:25:08 PM: Show (ProgramManager) -> Showing Form
5/31/2008 1:25:08 PM: Show (ProgramManager) -> Minimizing Mame
5/31/2008 1:25:08 PM: MinimizeMame (MameManager) -> Minimizing Mame
5/31/2008 1:25:08 PM: Show (ProgramManager) -> Sleeping for 0 Seconds
5/31/2008 1:25:08 PM: Show (ProgramManager) -> Show CP Only is True
5/31/2008 1:25:08 PM: Show (ProgramManager) -> Exit To Menu is True
5/31/2008 1:25:08 PM: Show (ProgramManager) -> Display Mode is Layout
5/31/2008 1:25:08 PM: ShowScreen (ProgramManager) -> Hiding Main Menu
5/31/2008 1:25:08 PM: ShowScreen (ProgramManager) -> Resetting Menu
5/31/2008 1:25:08 PM: ShowScreen (ProgramManager) -> Setting Exit To Menu True
5/31/2008 1:25:08 PM: ShowScreen (ProgramManager) -> Showing Layout
5/31/2008 1:25:08 PM: RestoreMame (MameManager) -> Restoring Mame
5/31/2008 1:25:08 PM: OnMameUnPaused (MameManager) -> OnMameUnPaused

headkaze

• Offline Offline
  • 0x2b|~0x2b?
« Reply #193 on: June 01, 2008, 11:26:19 am »
CPWizard Version 1.78 Released

- Fixed input with U360's
- fixed minimizing when starting from GameEx
- added support for increment/decrement input mappings.

TheShanMan: I still can't figure out the issues your having here. Is there any chance you did something wrong when you manually applied my patch?

TheShanMan

• Offline Offline
Re: CPWizard v1.78 Released
« Reply #194 on: June 01, 2008, 12:24:18 pm »
Well Mame Compiler certainly reported no errors. It happened when I was on 0.123 and continues since I've upgraded to 0.125. I assume your patch is compatible with the hiscore.dat patch. Those are the only 2 patches I use. And like I said, I'm not even using the unpause option right now because if I do, I can't pause games. Clearly what is going on is CPW starts displaying the layout and then thinks a second user input has come in telling it to exit.

Also I forgot to remind you that a layout will appear the first time after CPW starts up, but not again unless I close and restart CPW.

I'd be glad to keep trying stuff for you if you want, but let me know if you're at the point of giving up on this (I certainly couldn't blame you if I'm the only one experiencing this). If so I'll proceed with trying that bezel approach rather than waiting around for nothing. I don't know much about that other approach but it sounded promising. I could live without the other CPW features if I had to.

Thanks!

jasonbar

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 30, 2023, 02:52:55 am
  • Dr. Inferno
    • The Infernolab
« Reply #195 on: June 04, 2008, 03:59:04 pm »
N00b question on control panel viewers.   :-[    <----that's a blushing smiley, right?

Where do I go to ensure that I've got the latest & greatest controls.dat (I think that's the file in question...) file that's got the most complete listing of control panel descriptions?  And can that file simply be replaced in the future as newer versions are created?

Thanks,
-Jason

TheShanMan

• Offline Offline
« Reply #196 on: June 05, 2008, 09:56:16 pm »
Headkaze, I'm trying to get going with the export batch bezel feature, but it is really producing unsatisfactory results. I'm guessing it's because I have a vertically oriented monitor (1024x1280 rather than 1280x1024) because it appears that CPW assumes you have a horizontal monitor. I figured I'd try learning a little bit about the process of creating bezels to see if I could get an understanding of what the problem is, and if I'll be able to get the kind of results I want. But as far as I can tell this is an undocumented feature of mame - I really couldn't find anything by googling that discusses bezel artwork in depth.

Do you have any thoughts on getting this to work on a vertical monitor? Are you aware of any sites that discuss bezels in depth?

headkaze

• Offline Offline
  • 0x2b|~0x2b?
« Reply #197 on: June 07, 2008, 12:54:04 am »
Headkaze, I'm trying to get going with the export batch bezel feature, but it is really producing unsatisfactory results. I'm guessing it's because I have a vertically oriented monitor (1024x1280 rather than 1280x1024) because it appears that CPW assumes you have a horizontal monitor. I figured I'd try learning a little bit about the process of creating bezels to see if I could get an understanding of what the problem is, and if I'll be able to get the kind of results I want. But as far as I can tell this is an undocumented feature of mame - I really couldn't find anything by googling that discusses bezel artwork in depth.

Do you have any thoughts on getting this to work on a vertical monitor? Are you aware of any sites that discuss bezels in depth?

If you take one of the bezel files, and swap around the 640/480 values then resize the png file to be 480 x 640 instead of 640 x 480 does the bezel display okay on a vertical monitor then? If so I should be able to add an option to swap around those values for vertical monitors.

TheShanMan

• Offline Offline
« Reply #198 on: June 07, 2008, 02:18:34 am »
I'm not quite sure what you mean. Do you mean rotate a 640x480 bezel in an image editor and save it as 480x640 so that the bezel is sideways but will at least be useful to test in mame?

headkaze

• Offline Offline
  • 0x2b|~0x2b?
« Reply #199 on: June 07, 2008, 02:29:12 am »
I'm not quite sure what you mean. Do you mean rotate a 640x480 bezel in an image editor and save it as 480x640 so that the bezel is sideways but will at least be useful to test in mame?

If you take a look at a bezel file generated by CPWizard it's a zip file containing two files. A [ROM].lay and CP.png. So I thought if we swap around the 640/480 values in the lay file then resize the CP.png to be vertically stretched, that it might work. Attached is a bezel for Street Fighter where I've swapped these values around.