Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: i just got mine done!!!!  (Read 1796 times)

gnateye

• Trade Count: (0)
i just got mine done!!!!
« on: March 17, 2002, 05:53:59 pm »
;D

finally got it all done, just built the box friday night and did all wiring saturday during hte day, plugged the ipac intothe usb hub (make sure your jumpers are set to usb and alt if you are using usb with the mac util) and it works great! thanx andy for the awesome product.

i do have aquestion about multiple keys and programing hte shift buttons when i program one to be the apple key and another to be the 'g' key and i press (shift+apple+g) it does nothing? any ideas i wan to be able to take a screen shot and quit out of a game and stuff and i doin something wrong?

i think im going to build another box this week, but what i have now is great and works incredibly, check pix here
http://www.cosmicbreaks.com/images/arcade_stick/

its loosley based on neo geo capcom fighter types of games, i have to thank all the people on the build your own arcade control site and board i could never have had the confidence to take on this project with out all the great info on that site.

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by 1026619200 »

darkmanx

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 29, 2003, 04:46:57 am
  • I want to Build My Own Arcade Controls!!
Re: i just got mine done!!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2002, 09:12:58 pm »
hmm i am not positive but i think thats not how it works. the way i understand it is you pick one button as a shift button and then when pressed with another it performs an alernate function. i havent got mine running yet so im not positive though. example would be: apple (as your shift key) + g = your desired function.
WHELP! As if you knew what an eternity was. Grovel before your true master!

gnateye

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2002, 09:28:35 pm »
the desired keystroke is "command+g" or 'command+w" and i am pressing "p1" which is the <shift> key and the 2 buttons i have assigned as "command" and "g" or "w" so im wondering if that is possible.

darkmanx

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 29, 2003, 04:46:57 am
  • I want to Build My Own Arcade Controls!!
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2002, 10:10:58 pm »
i think what your looking to do is a macro, which i dont believe ipac does. the shift on ipac would be like this: press p1 start + p2 start and it will reset the game or something. macros would be pressing one key and getting multiple keystrokes. i think there are some programs you can use that would let you do that, im not sure though. try searching download.com for macro or something.
WHELP! As if you knew what an eternity was. Grovel before your true master!

Agent Davis

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 11, 2008, 04:14:41 pm
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2002, 01:43:24 am »
No, the IPAC can't do this.  It can only do one shift key at a time.  The reason is that when you press the shift key then the "shifted" key, it actually shifts when you release the shifted key, so doing two at a time wouldn't work.

gnateye

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2002, 07:53:40 pm »
yeah, it seems like im outta luck on the 'key+command' thing, but i found a work around for one of the command keys i was trying to get and that works great.

'screenshot' is also 'f12', so i just assigned that to one of my <shift> keys and now i can take screen shots from the stick, but now i need mame to have load newgame or 'command+o' to a single key, maybe even an 'f' key, that would rock.