Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: LEDBlinky - Arcade LED Control software and Animation Editor - v8.2  (Read 552905 times)

arzoo

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 15, 2024, 10:31:32 pm
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
I seem to be having trouble getting the player start buttons on my cab to light when there is a credit available, any suggestions?

Not all games support that feature. Is it working at all? The best way for me to help would be if you can turn on the debug/verbose option and then post or email me the debug.log file.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

lettuce

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 31, 2021, 01:46:10 pm
  • Make It So!
Ok, i do that when i get home, i have notice hen it speaks the controls of a game is it flashes the player start button with button 1 on all players. So basically what ever the first command is, be it, jump, shoot etc the player start buttons flash at the same time as button 1

lettuce

• Offline Offline
  • Make It So!
Ive attached the debug log

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
Ok, i do that when i get home, i have notice hen it speaks the controls of a game is it flashes the player start button with button 1 on all players. So basically what ever the first command is, be it, jump, shoot etc the player start buttons flash at the same time as button 1

Ok, here's what's going on - in the device/port input map you have KEYCODE_A assigned to player 2 button 1. But you also have KEYCODE_A assigned to player 4 buttons 5 and 6 and to all four start buttons. So any game that uses player 2 button 1, will light up the other buttons at the same time.

You need to remap those buttons to their correct keycodes (as defined by your keyboard encoder). For example, the start buttons should probably be changed to KEYCODE_1, KEYCODE_2, KEYCODE_3, and KEYCODE_4 assuming you use the mame defaults.

That should solve your problem  :)
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

lettuce

• Offline Offline
  • Make It So!
Ok, ill give that a go. Should this then get the player start buttons to flash for the games that support this feature?

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
Ok, ill give that a go. Should this then get the player start buttons to flash for the games that support this feature?

Yes.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

headkaze

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 14, 2023, 02:00:48 am
  • 0x2b|~0x2b?
Try it with DigDug as that supports the led outputs, the start buttons should flash when you insert a coin.

lettuce

• Offline Offline
  • Make It So!
Ok, ive sorted the button conflicts now, thanks. I have gotten the player start buttons to light (permently) for the amount of players a game uses, ie Alien VS predator lights player start buttons 1 to 3, but not 4. But i cant seem to get the player start buttons to flash when a credit has been inserted. Now i know that the UK arcade version of TMNT use to have the player start buttons flash when u inserted a credit, but i cant seem to get this to work on mame. That said the UK version used to have just one coin shutte, and was able to select which turtle you wanted via the start button you pressed, on mame you cant do this!!?, you cant select just 1 coin shutte in the mame menu (although alot of the options are listed as unknown??) and adding a credit (button 5) always only allows you to select leonardo, so i dont think this is anything to go on. I'll try Dig dug later

headkaze

• Offline Offline
  • 0x2b|~0x2b?
Ok, ive sorted the button conflicts now, thanks. I have gotten the player start buttons to light (permently) for the amount of players a game uses, ie Alien VS predator lights player start buttons 1 to 3, but not 4. But i cant seem to get the player start buttons to flash when a credit has been inserted. Now i know that the UK arcade version of TMNT use to have the player start buttons flash when u inserted a credit, but i cant seem to get this to work on mame. That said the UK version used to have just one coin shutte, and was able to select which turtle you wanted via the start button you pressed, on mame you cant do this!!?, you cant select just 1 coin shutte in the mame menu (although alot of the options are listed as unknown??) and adding a credit (button 5) always only allows you to select leonardo, so i dont think this is anything to go on. I'll try Dig dug later

Not all games have the outputs added yet so it might not have support for it in Mame yet. I did a "quick and dirty" search on which games had support for led/lamp/digit outputs for Mame 111 and they were (approx)

- 1477 ROMs support led outputs
- 33 ROMs support lamp outputs
- 31 ROMs support digit outputs

And you can get a list of those games if you check out the readme.txt file in the Mame Interop SDK download. I don't think TMNT is in the list, so best to check if it's supported in Mame.

lettuce

• Offline Offline
  • Make It So!
Cheers, ill take a look at the readme

lettuce

• Offline Offline
  • Make It So!
OK just took a quick look at the readme, and noticed in the list for mame 0.111 Alien Vs Predator is listed (avsp), would some of these rom of been removed from version 0.111 to 0.125 which im using now?. As i said above i have tried to get the player start lights to flash on a credit insert, but on alien vs predator they dont flash at all. Any ideas?

headkaze

• Offline Offline
  • 0x2b|~0x2b?
OK just took a quick look at the readme, and noticed in the list for mame 0.111 Alien Vs Predator is listed (avsp), would some of these rom of been removed from version 0.111 to 0.125 which im using now?. As i said above i have tried to get the player start lights to flash on a credit insert, but on alien vs predator they dont flash at all. Any ideas?

First thing you should do is test if DigDug works because that is known to have led outputs in Mame.

lettuce

• Offline Offline
  • Make It So!
Yeah i shall try that tomorrow.

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
I just tested avsp with mame .121. It does not provide the mame outputs to flash the start LEDs. In the LEDBlinky folder there's a MAMEOutputTest program you can use to see which outputs each game uses.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

Franco B

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 15, 2024, 09:14:06 am
Hey arzoo, I was wondering if you had given any more thought to the LED sequencer idea we spoke about a while ago to combine .lwax's etc?

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
Hey arzoo, I was wondering if you had given any more thought to the LED sequencer idea we spoke about a while ago to combine .lwax's etc?

You're referring to the ability to insert one lwax file into another, yes? This would allow you to create a library of animation sequences which could be combined and reused. It's a great idea - but I haven't spent any time working on the animation editor as of late. When I do get back to it, this enhancement is on my list. :)
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

Franco B

• Offline Offline
Yeah thats the one.

Im going to have some quite complex routines to sequence in a few months and it would be ever so useful to me, as im sure it would be to others too  ;)

Looking forward to it, thanks for your hard work as always.

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
I've started work on an update to the Animation Editor. Here's what's on my to-do list:
  • Undo/Redo
  • Import (insert/overlay) animation clips
  • Fade in/out
  • bug fixes
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

Franco B

• Offline Offline

Thanks for working on the import/export!

The fade in/out will be handy too as sequencing fades can be a pain. What are your plans for the fade in/out? Could you select something like:

• Output(s) to fade in/out
    • Type of Fade (Fade in/Fade out/Fade In-Out/Fade Out-In)
    • Start intensity
    • Finish intensity
    • Fade frame length
    • Number of fade cycles

arzoo

• Offline Offline
    • Robots WILL kill you.
      • LEDBlinky

Thanks for working on the import/export!

The fade in/out will be handy too as sequencing fades can be a pain. What are your plans for the fade in/out? Could you select something like:

• Output(s) to fade in/out
      • Type of Fade (Fade in/Fade out/Fade In-Out/Fade Out-In)
      • Start intensity
      • Finish intensity
      • Fade frame length
      • Number of fade cycles

Here's how I intend to implement the fade feature; Select the Fade menu option and the Fade dialog will be displayed. You can then select which buttons to fade (All or Currently Selected), the Start Fade Intensity (with the option to start with the current intensities), the End Fade Intensity (with the option to end with the current intensities - mutually exclusive to the start option), and the Fade Frame Duration (fast, medium, slow, or custom). Click Ok and the editor will insert the number of frames required to fade the buttons. Any non-selected buttons will remain at their current intensity throughout the fade. If you're not happy with the results, click Undo and try again.
      [/list]
      Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

Franco B

• Offline Offline
      Sounds great  :cheers:

I really must get on with my build  ;D

lettuce

• Offline Offline
      • Make It So!
      Does this program work with Ultimarc's PacDrive?

arzoo

• Offline Offline
      • Robots WILL kill you.
        • LEDBlinky

Yes
      Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

headkaze

• Offline Offline
      • 0x2b|~0x2b?

It will also be supporting the U-HID soon as well ;)

lettuce

• Offline Offline
      • Make It So!
      Cool. Am i right in saying that with the PacDrive you can not set the intensity of the LED's, there either on or off?

youki

• Offline Offline
      • Last login:November 19, 2016, 01:07:33 pm
      • Atomic Front End Creator
        • Atomic Front End
      Yes, you are right.

mmalficia

• Offline Offline
      • Last login:November 29, 2009, 03:11:37 pm
      Hello  again  folks  ...

I'm in need of some  assistance again.... hopefully someone can shed some light on a few things for me  ..

setup :  mala    using the  plugin to run ledblinky 

first  "?"   (from verbose log...

[07/07/2008 11:51:44] Received Event - Queue:[1] Msg:[7~F:\Emulators\Programs\snes\snes9x151w\Closemul.exe~snesratio].
      [07/07/2008 11:51:44] Event: FEEmulatorSelected [F:\Emulators\Programs\snes\snes9x151w\Closemul.exe] [snesratio]
      [07/07/2008 11:51:44] Emulator: [Closemul] snesratio  <---- im assuming this is the call to ledblinky.exe to tell it the  emu default block
      [07/07/2008 11:51:44] FEEmulaterSelected Event Completed

how do i define  that block in controls_emu.ini  ?   to differentiate it from ofther  emulator's using closemul ?? 

right now  Ive got [closemul]  and then the  block   and that works sorta  but Ive got several emu's/apps   using this wrapper      is there a way to separate them ? 

2.  I'm having an issue  with getting  the allways active feature of  control maps to work .. (especially in mame)  mainly i have  p3sw8 as the escape key .. and  the trackball lighting has the same issue      somehow  no mater how i define  them i either get  no light  or a  combo of  active  and default  (like their being added together)   and i cant seam to iron that out  )   

many thanks in advance for any info..

Mmal

arzoo

• Offline Offline
      • Robots WILL kill you.
        • LEDBlinky
      Mmalficia,
      I'm not familiar with Closemul - can you give me some info on how it works? Also, email me the LEDBlinky debug log and your MaLa.ini file. Thanks.
      Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

FritzStudio

• Offline Offline
      • Last login:August 23, 2008, 12:42:12 am
      Hi Arzoo

Thanks a bunch for this plugin, I have it up and running, all is well and bright and colorful.

I have a second project that i want to do that would involve controlling the LED's with Variable, Strings and other datatypes coming out of a realtime (modern) 3d game engine. The game engine would kick out some data, say the letter "B", and that should turn on LEdWiz1:Port1 to 100%..  Is this possible with your plugin?   Is that example clear?

thanks!
      MikeO

arzoo

• Offline Offline
      • Robots WILL kill you.
        • LEDBlinky
      Hi Arzoo

Thanks a bunch for this plugin, I have it up and running, all is well and bright and colorful.

I have a second project that i want to do that would involve controlling the LED's with Variable, Strings and other datatypes coming out of a realtime (modern) 3d game engine. The game engine would kick out some data, say the letter "B", and that should turn on LEdWiz1:Port1 to 100%..  Is this possible with your plugin?   Is that example clear?

thanks!
      MikeO

MikeO,
      I guess if you wrote an app that intercepted the data from the game engine, it could conceivably use LEDBlinky to light the LEDs. But at that point, you might as well write the LED code yourself - it's really not difficult to control the LED-Wiz or Pac-Drive. Then you would have more flexibility to do exactly what you want. If you need help getting started, myself, headkaze or loadman can point you in the right direction.

arzoo
      Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

mmalficia

• Offline Offline
      emails sent arzoo

and just for anyone else whos interested

closemul its a generic  wrapper  from  byoac  forums  :
        http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=52400.0
      dosnt get as much attention as it deserves thou         but it supports multiple ways to  catch and close a app    send keys   pre commands  post commands  and  the best feature    update regs /inis  based on passing a rom name     works great for  those emus that dont suport  per rom configs   if  your willing to write all the  ini files

now that im back for the weekend  im going to play with the possibility of  renaming the closemule.exe   and config ini  and see if  i can still use it that way   (just make several copys  named diferently )   

Ginsu Victim

• Yeah, owning a MAME cab only leads to owning real ones. MAME just isn't good enough. It's a gateway drug.
      • Offline Offline
      • Last login:May 08, 2023, 02:40:58 pm
      • Comanche, OK -- USA
      I'm trying to setup LEDblinky to work with Mamewah and FastMAME.84. My searches around here haven't turned up anything, unless I just missed it.

So far I've only setup the layout and made some animations, but verything I've tried config-wise does nothing for me.

Is there a tutorial anywhere? (edit: Guess I could start by reading readme.txt and install and config.doc...)
      « Last Edit: July 12, 2008, 12:31:47 am by GinsuVictim »

arzoo

• Offline Offline
      • Robots WILL kill you.
        • LEDBlinky
      I'm trying to setup LEDblinky to work with Mamewah and FastMAME.84. My searches around here haven't turned up anything, unless I just missed it.

So far I've only setup the layout and made some animations, but verything I've tried config-wise does nothing for me.

Is there a tutorial anywhere? (edit: Guess I could start by reading readme.txt and install and config.doc...)

GV,
      With Mamewah, you'll need to use LEDBlinky's command line parameters - they're documented in the readme and doc file  ;). Mamewah can launch an external app when the FE starts and quits, and pre/post emulation - so you'll be able to use most of LEDBlinky's features. Basically, here's the commands you'll need to set in Mamewah's  configuration:

FE Start (startup_app_commandlines) -
        LEDBlinky.exe 1

FE Quit (exit_app_commandlines) -
        LEDBlinky.exe 2

Emulator start (pre_emulator_app_commandlines) -
        LEDBlinky.exe <rom> <emuname>

Emulator exit (post_emulator_app_commandlines) -
        LEDBlinky.exe 4

Post any questions you have back here or send me a pm.
      Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

Ginsu Victim

• Yeah, owning a MAME cab only leads to owning real ones. MAME just isn't good enough. It's a gateway drug.
      • Offline Offline
      • Last login:May 08, 2023, 02:40:58 pm
      • Comanche, OK -- USA
      Yeah, since I actually read the documentation (which I should've done FIRST), I noticed that. Thanks.

mmalficia

• Offline Offline
      OK I'm still not  getting something right  ..    as a test  for  the basic  emu lighting  if  ya look at  the nestopia block  everything works but getting the trackball to light    the  esc key is working  but  for some reason  trackball lighting is using  default  not active   even thou  i have it set to a blue pulse and always active    (the esc  key is working as ide imagine  and is set the same  so I'm obviously  missing  something or  borked  something up     ..  anyone  able to clue me in  to what  I'm doing wrong here ? 

Fixed  i think;

not sure if this is  the right way   but  i may just have been an idiot  i didnt see the  CONTROL_TRACKBALL= was still blank in the color ini file     i was trying to ajust   P1 track and  mouse   .. now that  thats filled in  its blinking  like it should  .. ill go hide in the corner   now :>   

« Last Edit: July 14, 2008, 04:10:58 pm by mmalficia »

arzoo

• Offline Offline
      • Robots WILL kill you.
        • LEDBlinky
      Version 3.7.2 released! This includes the latest updates to the Animation Editor (v1.7). Please see first post for details and links.
      Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

dna disturber

• Offline Offline
      • Last login:August 03, 2014, 01:01:22 pm
      • Michael J. was my 1st experiment,cut me some slack
        • Cabinet "Monster Arcade" & Bartop "Futurama"
      Great work arzoo.
      I noticed that you also took care of the pause/unpause  :cheers:
      Thanks again for the support.  :notworthy:

By the way.
      I'm still working on filling the mameoutputs.ini
      I'm all the way up to the D  (as in (allmost) all games from 0 - c documented)
      Mapped some leds here and there ofcourse

Dna Disturber

Author of PINemHi..
      Decipher-dude for the HiToText project..

HiToText 2010.11.4  Vs.  Mame 0.140  ::)
      -------------------------------------------------------------------
      Percentage of original games in HiToText :  8.09 %
      Percentage of original + clone games in HiToText : 10.57 %
      -------------------------------------------------------------------

headkaze

• Offline Offline
      • 0x2b|~0x2b?
      Nice one Arzoo :) It will be interesting to see people using the U-HID's in their cabs.

Also was just going to mention that I haven't got around to fixing the config loading issue in UltraStik.dll. Not sure if your waiting for that but I need to plug my 360's in and test it. Been really busy lately though  :dizzy:

bent98

• Offline Offline
      • Last login:February 02, 2019, 03:35:00 pm
      • Hyperspin Moderator
      Re: LEDBlinky - Arcade LED Control software and Animation Editor - Version 3.7.2
      « Reply #158 on: September 11, 2008, 10:44:38 pm »
      Azroo with version 3.72. Can I configure it to work standalone with Hyperspin and be able to have it light mame mame controls like it does with Mala?

arzoo

• Offline Offline
      • Robots WILL kill you.
        • LEDBlinky
      Re: LEDBlinky - Arcade LED Control software and Animation Editor - Version 3.7.2
      « Reply #159 on: September 12, 2008, 08:34:07 am »
      Azroo with version 3.72. Can I configure it to work standalone with Hyperspin and be able to have it light mame mame controls like it does with Mala?

Yes, but only mame controls. It won't work for any other emulator until Hyperspin provides the ability to launch an external app pre/post starting an emulator.
      Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction