Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: LEDBlinky - Arcade LED Control software and Animation Editor - v8.2  (Read 557204 times)

Awch

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 06, 2023, 11:27:36 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: LEDBlinky - Arcade LED Control software and Animation Editor - v8.2
« Reply #2000 on: May 30, 2023, 12:36:13 pm »
Here's another possible option; Ultimarc offers an LED controller for addressable LED strips that is supported by LEDBlinky; https://www.ultimarc.com/output/led-and-output-controllers/nano-led/

Thanks for that! That was the first controller I looked at. Unfortunately I'll be managing at least 50 RGB bulbs (more if I add strip cabinet lighting) which would require 3 Nanos (if I'm reading the documentation correctly). That's $66 vs $2 (for hundreds of bulbs) for the controllers. I'm also using WLED to talk to my home automation (Home Assistant over WiFi) to allow it to also control the lighting based on its triggers. I'm pretty determined to try to get WLED to work with LEDBlinky if it's remotely possible. If you have any hints on how I might approach it that would be greatly appreciated. If I do write an intermediary broker I will try to make it configurable in case others want to go down this path. Thanks so much!

arzoo

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 14, 2024, 11:15:11 am
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #2001 on: May 31, 2023, 08:35:04 am »
Here's another possible option; Ultimarc offers an LED controller for addressable LED strips that is supported by LEDBlinky; https://www.ultimarc.com/output/led-and-output-controllers/nano-led/

Thanks for that! That was the first controller I looked at. Unfortunately I'll be managing at least 50 RGB bulbs (more if I add strip cabinet lighting) which would require 3 Nanos (if I'm reading the documentation correctly). That's $66 vs $2 (for hundreds of bulbs) for the controllers. I'm also using WLED to talk to my home automation (Home Assistant over WiFi) to allow it to also control the lighting based on its triggers. I'm pretty determined to try to get WLED to work with LEDBlinky if it's remotely possible. If you have any hints on how I might approach it that would be greatly appreciated. If I do write an intermediary broker I will try to make it configurable in case others want to go down this path. Thanks so much!

Sorry, I can't really help with the WLED api.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

Kaizen777

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 14, 2023, 01:39:15 pm
« Reply #2002 on: June 08, 2023, 02:03:03 pm »
Apologies if this has been asked before - I don't see an option to search this thread.
The default behavior of LEDBlinky for JRD is to switch back to 4-way when the frontend is active.  Is it possible to change this?  I would prefer it to switch to 8-way or leave it in the last state it was in.  Using AM for the FE, FYI.
Also - is there a global way to reduce the intensity of the LEDs?  I find them far too bright.  It would be wondrous if there was a global setting or slider and I could just reduce that.
And... LEDBlinky is taking like 20-30 seconds to launch after I start AM.  How might I fix that?
Thank you!
« Last Edit: June 08, 2023, 02:05:47 pm by Kaizen777 »

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #2003 on: June 08, 2023, 06:51:13 pm »
Apologies if this has been asked before - I don't see an option to search this thread.
The default behavior of LEDBlinky for JRD is to switch back to 4-way when the frontend is active.  Is it possible to change this?  I would prefer it to switch to 8-way or leave it in the last state it was in.  Using AM for the FE, FYI.
Also - is there a global way to reduce the intensity of the LEDs?  I find them far too bright.  It would be wondrous if there was a global setting or slider and I could just reduce that.
And... LEDBlinky is taking like 20-30 seconds to launch after I start AM.  How might I fix that?
Thank you!
  • Q1: Using the LEDBlinkyControlsEditor app, click the "FE" button, click "New" (lower right side), select CONTROL_JOY8WAY as the "Control", and check the "Primary Control" option, then save. That will set the JDR to 8-way when the FE is active.
  • Q2: Using the GenerateLEDBlinkyInputMap app, from the "Edit" menu select "Show Color Adjustments". You can then edit each port and increase or decrease the "Color Adjust". Scroll up to see the negative values. If you set the same value for each RGB port, the effect should be to reduce (or increase) the global intensity for that LED.
  • Q3: You'll have to email me a debug log so I can see what's going on. You can enable the Debug Log option using the LEDBlinkyConfig app on the Misc Options tab.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

shitoken

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 20, 2023, 03:00:53 am
« Reply #2004 on: June 19, 2023, 02:52:43 am »
Hi Arzoo and everyone hope all good

I wanted to ask about setting up my main admin buttons to always.
(Exit , Select & Pause)

I want these 3 Single Led buttons to continuously lit during game sections. But is not working.
What happening is inside the color config app

Main Default Buttons
if I set to single led as per my ipac default mapping exit button will lit up for all below all 3 buttons.
I am confused why exit button will lits up every time even for my pause and select.

UI Close - mapped to my Key_exit
UI Pause- mapped to Key_P
UI Select- mapped to Key-Enter

Led set as single > 48 for above 3 default buttons , RGB is blank

Buttons should lit up according to my mapping.
Most fun part is if I set above to RGB color my P1B1 will lit up instead of above admins.
I am using single led for admin buttons and RGB for panel buttons P1B1 to B8

I have also updated to latest ledblinky and seems there is a problem somewhere.
Appreciate your help on this .

What I means is exit button always lit but UI Pause and Select wont at all. This happens when I double click to edit UI pause and set the color and mapping this is the time my exit lits up and same goes with UI Select.
If I launch Hyperspin my admin always active buttons wont lit up except exit only

my ledblinky profiles xml ports for above 3 are set as single leds which is correct and will blinks with all other buttons all the time as per mode I set . So I am confused why UI profiles are not working with my mappings
« Last Edit: June 19, 2023, 03:01:33 am by shitoken »

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #2005 on: June 19, 2023, 03:19:04 pm »
Hi Arzoo and everyone hope all good

I wanted to ask about setting up my main admin buttons to always.
(Exit , Select & Pause)

I want these 3 Single Led buttons to continuously lit during game sections. But is not working.
What happening is inside the color config app

Main Default Buttons
if I set to single led as per my ipac default mapping exit button will lit up for all below all 3 buttons.
I am confused why exit button will lits up every time even for my pause and select.

UI Close - mapped to my Key_exit
UI Pause- mapped to Key_P
UI Select- mapped to Key-Enter

Led set as single > 48 for above 3 default buttons , RGB is blank

Buttons should lit up according to my mapping.
Most fun part is if I set above to RGB color my P1B1 will lit up instead of above admins.
I am using single led for admin buttons and RGB for panel buttons P1B1 to B8

I have also updated to latest ledblinky and seems there is a problem somewhere.
Appreciate your help on this .

What I means is exit button always lit but UI Pause and Select wont at all. This happens when I double click to edit UI pause and set the color and mapping this is the time my exit lits up and same goes with UI Select.
If I launch Hyperspin my admin always active buttons wont lit up except exit only

my ledblinky profiles xml ports for above 3 are set as single leds which is correct and will blinks with all other buttons all the time as per mode I set . So I am confused why UI profiles are not working with my mappings

Hey, I'm a bit confused as to exactly what you are describing above, and I realize there may be a language translation barrier adding to the confusion.
  • This support link explains how to light the admin buttons for mame.
  • Another option would be to create a single frame animation (using the LEDBlinkyAnimationEditor) to light just the admin buttons, and then set that animation as the "Game Play Animation" from the LEDBlinkyConfig app.
  • If neither option works, please enable the Debug Log (Misc Options tab), run your front-end and a few games, then email me back the debug.zip file and I'll take a look.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

shitoken

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 20, 2023, 03:00:53 am
« Reply #2006 on: June 20, 2023, 03:00:53 am »
Sorry about that, actually the problem I am having was difficult to describe. I will try the way you have suggested above and if incase still have the same issue I will send you debug report by email.

Moleburt

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 24, 2023, 05:40:31 pm
« Reply #2007 on: July 16, 2023, 08:23:14 pm »
Was wondering if anyone knew the fix for this little issue I found. I currently have the original Rampage game from the 90s and the new Rampage game from 2018 both in my Arcade platform list in Launchbox. LEDBlinky is registering them both as the Rampage game from the 90s and I can’t figure out a way to separate them without moving one of the games to a separate platform in Launchbox. They don’t use the same file to launch or anything l, just have the same name, one is just labels “Rampage” and the other is “Rampage (2018)” but for some reason LEFBlinky just sees them as the one game. Any help would be great!

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #2008 on: July 16, 2023, 08:38:35 pm »
Was wondering if anyone knew the fix for this little issue I found. I currently have the original Rampage game from the 90s and the new Rampage game from 2018 both in my Arcade platform list in Launchbox. LEDBlinky is registering them both as the Rampage game from the 90s and I can’t figure out a way to separate them without moving one of the games to a separate platform in Launchbox. They don’t use the same file to launch or anything l, just have the same name, one is just labels “Rampage” and the other is “Rampage (2018)” but for some reason LEFBlinky just sees them as the one game. Any help would be great!

I think what's happening is LEDBlinky strips off the "(2018)" part of the name; anything in parenthesis will get removed. If LB can pass the name as "Rampage 2018" or anything like that, it should work.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

Moleburt

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2009 on: July 16, 2023, 09:23:32 pm »
No luck, I think because the xml file is named rampage.xml is the issue. Tried changing the name of the xml, but then the game doesn’t work. Will keep trying to figure out a work around

Moleburt

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2010 on: July 16, 2023, 10:13:37 pm »
No luck, I think because the xml file is named rampage.xml is the issue. Tried changing the name of the xml, but then the game doesn’t work. Will keep trying to figure out a work around

Update: Figured out a work around, launch the game from a compiled ahk script named Rampage2018, the scripts runs until the game closes, sees the 2 games separate now.

Moleburt

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2011 on: July 17, 2023, 12:32:48 am »
New question. Is it possible to duplicate a platform like Mame in LEDBlinky? I know it sounds odd, but I have my main Mame/Arcade playlist and I also have a Gun4Ir playlist, which has a ton of Arcade games in it, I added Gun4Ir as a separate platform in LB so it requires a separate copy of each game in the Gun4Ir section of LEDBlinky, I know I could manually copy games 1 at a time, but would ideally like to be able to do it in bulk. Not sure if it is possible though.

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #2012 on: July 17, 2023, 07:36:37 am »
New question. Is it possible to duplicate a platform like Mame in LEDBlinky? I know it sounds odd, but I have my main Mame/Arcade playlist and I also have a Gun4Ir playlist, which has a ton of Arcade games in it, I added Gun4Ir as a separate platform in LB so it requires a separate copy of each game in the Gun4Ir section of LEDBlinky, I know I could manually copy games 1 at a time, but would ideally like to be able to do it in bulk. Not sure if it is possible though.

Using the LEDBlinky Controls Editor, add an Emulator group called "Gun4Ir" and check the "Emulator Is MAME" option. That should do the trick.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

Moleburt

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2013 on: July 18, 2023, 03:47:57 pm »
Is there any sort of updated colors.ini? I’ve been adding tons of games to LEDBlinky manually, but was curious if anyone had created an updates ini with a larger completed library? I tried Rocketblinky, but it didn’t seem to add anything new for games for me, but maybe I did something wrong?

Vitaly17

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 03:53:09 am
« Reply #2014 on: July 19, 2023, 07:01:42 pm »
hey! I have some problems with LEDBlinky blocking my demulshooter + MAMEHooker comunication.
Im running Launchbox/BigBox with LEDBlinky for all normal controls.
What I would want is some way to block the hooking process of LEDBlinky , start the game to get the Demulshooter+MAMEHooker functions, and the whenexit the game set LEDBlinky back on again
Is there any way I can switch this via script or someting? Would be great  :applaud:

LEDBlinky can't connect and disconnect from mame outputs on the fly, so unfortunately what you're asking is not possible.
Hello, thank you so much for your product. I recently managed to purchase LED boards from ultimark. I installed your program, but since I also use mamehooker along with the gun4ir pistols, the question arose with the conflict of these two wonderful programs. And I found an option to stop and resume both processes. PsTools of Microsoft, the pssuspend command. Now I can choose which program will use the output. Both programs are running as administrator. If no script is running, then mamehooker is responsible for outputs, but at the same time, Ledblinky says which controls are used,
If you run the "pssuspend mamehook.exe" script before launching, mamehooker is temporarily disabled and Ledblinky takes over the output data, after exiting, I send  pssuspend -r  mamehook.exe and it's back in business. Moreover, mamehooker can be turned off and on right during the game. If you disable LEdblinky during the game and get it back to work you will need to restart the game. In order for the scripts for installing programs to work, you need to compile the bat files into an exe and run them as an administrator. With these scripts, I created two mame emulators in Rocketlauncher, one using Ledblinky, the other mamehooker, inserting startup scripts into UserFunctions.
Sorry for my English.

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #2015 on: July 21, 2023, 07:29:19 am »
Is there any sort of updated colors.ini? I’ve been adding tons of games to LEDBlinky manually, but was curious if anyone had created an updates ini with a larger completed library? I tried Rocketblinky, but it didn’t seem to add anything new for games for me, but maybe I did something wrong?

Unfortunately there is no updated colors.ini that i know of.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

Moleburt

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2016 on: July 21, 2023, 08:39:56 am »

Not sure if this is possible, but would be cool if in the future we could export all of our manually configured games into a file(s) so that they are shareable. Would make helping each other with games/completing setups easier. Just a suggestion :)

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #2017 on: July 31, 2023, 10:44:31 am »

Not sure if this is possible, but would be cool if in the future we could export all of our manually configured games into a file(s) so that they are shareable. Would make helping each other with games/completing setups easier. Just a suggestion :)

That is a good idea, I'll add it to the enhancement request list. Thanks.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

error1

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 17, 2023, 06:07:39 am
« Reply #2018 on: September 16, 2023, 03:47:53 am »
Ever since the last time i hardware refreshed my arcade machine I've had issues with LEDBlinky running slower than it used to when controlling my old pacled64, with both audio animations and regular animations appearing to run at around 10 fps max no matter how short I set the frame delay in the animation. Has anyone else seen that? I think on windows 10 the speed problem would sometimes come and go but with windows 11 I'm stuck with the slow animation rate.

Did microsoft change something about how fast data can be sent to a usbhid device? I tried searching but haven't found anything.
The pacled64 is from 2014 though, maybe I should check with Ultimarc if there's new firmware for it...

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #2019 on: September 16, 2023, 11:18:37 am »
Ever since the last time i hardware refreshed my arcade machine I've had issues with LEDBlinky running slower than it used to when controlling my old pacled64, with both audio animations and regular animations appearing to run at around 10 fps max no matter how short I set the frame delay in the animation. Has anyone else seen that? I think on windows 10 the speed problem would sometimes come and go but with windows 11 I'm stuck with the slow animation rate.

Did microsoft change something about how fast data can be sent to a usbhid device? I tried searching but haven't found anything.
The pacled64 is from 2014 though, maybe I should check with Ultimarc if there's new firmware for it...

I haven't had anyone else mention this kind of issue. Updating the controller firmware is a good idea. For troubleshooting I'd disconnect any other devices to try and eliminate conflicts. Also use Taskmanager to check for running processes and cpu usage.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

jamesoliverstone

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 18, 2023, 07:05:17 pm
« Reply #2020 on: September 18, 2023, 06:37:51 pm »
Hey, please can someone help me, I have been pulling my hair out for hours trying to get Steam games in launchbox to work with LEDBlinky.

I have tried configuring games directly, and applying a default configuration.

Both of them correctly light up inside launchbox / bigbox, but when the game launches, as soon as the launching screen appears, the controls all go dark. Please can someone help me figure out why this is? I assume its a loss of focus on the game itself?

Someone had the same problem as me before a few years back, and wrote a AHK to fix it, but the github page linked to is dead.

Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #2021 on: September 18, 2023, 10:19:36 pm »
Hey, please can someone help me, I have been pulling my hair out for hours trying to get Steam games in launchbox to work with LEDBlinky.

I have tried configuring games directly, and applying a default configuration.

Both of them correctly light up inside launchbox / bigbox, but when the game launches, as soon as the launching screen appears, the controls all go dark. Please can someone help me figure out why this is? I assume its a loss of focus on the game itself?

Someone had the same problem as me before a few years back, and wrote a AHK to fix it, but the github page linked to is dead.

Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

You may be able to solve the problem by using the "Ignore GameQuit Commands" option. This support link explains how to enable that option - see the second section.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

Ginsonic

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 09, 2023, 12:56:04 pm
  • Arcade enthusiast !
« Reply #2022 on: October 05, 2023, 09:10:27 am »
Hi Arzoo,

I currently have a strange problem using serial output (COM port). I activated serial output for COM3 and generated the corresponding map. When I try to do a SimpleLedTest (or Launchbox, or GenMap), the log files always show "unable to write to com port". In the GenMap utility the com port is shown as active.
When I connect a serial communication application to COM3 (e.g. putty), I can communicate flawlessly with the receiver (Arduino) and simulate the LedBlinky commands (e.g. [1,255]).

Do you have any idea what could be wrong here?
Thanks in advance!

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #2023 on: October 05, 2023, 01:35:21 pm »
Hi Arzoo,

I currently have a strange problem using serial output (COM port). I activated serial output for COM3 and generated the corresponding map. When I try to do a SimpleLedTest (or Launchbox, or GenMap), the log files always show "unable to write to com port". In the GenMap utility the com port is shown as active.
When I connect a serial communication application to COM3 (e.g. putty), I can communicate flawlessly with the receiver (Arduino) and simulate the LedBlinky commands (e.g. [1,255]).

Do you have any idea what could be wrong here?
Thanks in advance!

I'm out of town for a few days - I'll have to get back to you on this when I return.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

Ginsonic

• Offline Offline
  • Arcade enthusiast !
« Reply #2024 on: October 07, 2023, 01:22:53 pm »
Thanks Arzoo, but it is not LedBlinky's fault, it is my new Arduino R4 Minima. Its serial communication seems to be different than the old generation (e.g. Leonardo). Using a Leonardo everything works flawlessly.

So, thanks again, no more help needed  :cheers:

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #2025 on: October 07, 2023, 09:47:20 pm »
Thanks Arzoo, but it is not LedBlinky's fault, it is my new Arduino R4 Minima. Its serial communication seems to be different than the old generation (e.g. Leonardo). Using a Leonardo everything works flawlessly.

So, thanks again, no more help needed  :cheers:

Excellent, glad you go it figured out!
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

desert_dweller_88

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 12, 2024, 08:06:30 pm
« Reply #2026 on: October 08, 2023, 05:12:48 pm »
Hello,

I'm trying to get my new cabinet I built up and running, but I'm running into an issue out of the gate where even after I purchased a lisence of LEDBlinky and added the 2 files in the program folder. LEDblinky still comes up saying "Trial Version". I've removed the program and re-added it with no luck. Help would greatly be appreciated

desert_dweller_88

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2027 on: October 08, 2023, 09:39:02 pm »
Update: fixed the issue by installing the software in a different folder location.

desert_dweller_88

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2028 on: October 08, 2023, 11:25:56 pm »
Also, I initially I was having issues not getting any speech output with any of the settings. The LEDs would blink but there would be no audio. In windows settings I checked:
Open sound settings ->advanced sound options

And noticed that "LedBlinky - Arcade LED Cobtrol Software" was there and it had a "default" setting selected

Default is never a good option. Though cycling through the options, I'm only able to have the speech output audio come through my tv from the graphics card but not the speakers connected to the computer in my cabinet. No big deal since I can just raise the tv volume, just thought it might be helpful if anyone else has the same issue

Ginsonic

• Offline Offline
  • Arcade enthusiast !
« Reply #2029 on: October 09, 2023, 03:10:45 am »
Excellent, glad you go it figured out!

Yes, I did, but I still have no idea, why only LedBlinky is not able to establish a serial connection to it.
As mentioned before, any serial communication program can connect and transfer data, only LedBlinky can't.
Is there a possibility to debug more deeply, since I would really like to use the new generation of Arduino for my panel controller.

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #2030 on: October 09, 2023, 08:04:13 am »
Yes, I did, but I still have no idea, why only LedBlinky is not able to establish a serial connection to it.
As mentioned before, any serial communication program can connect and transfer data, only LedBlinky can't.
Is there a possibility to debug more deeply, since I would really like to use the new generation of Arduino for my panel controller.

It's been a while since I wrote the LEDBlinky COM output code and I was using an older Arduino to test. I really don't know how I could debug deeper without using the same hardware as you are having issues with, and I'll be honest, it's a rarely used feature.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

Ginsonic

• Offline Offline
  • Arcade enthusiast !
« Reply #2031 on: October 09, 2023, 12:56:04 pm »
It's been a while since I wrote the LEDBlinky COM output code and I was using an older Arduino to test. I really don't know how I could debug deeper without using the same hardware as you are having issues with, and I'll be honest, it's a rarely used feature.

No problem, maybe I can figure it out by myself, thanks again!

deezdrama

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 25, 2024, 09:45:32 pm
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,146268.0.html
« Reply #2032 on: December 23, 2023, 01:11:14 pm »
I have a request for suggesstions...

I originally built my 4 player cab in 2015, in 2021 I gutted it and completely rewired it, put a ton of money into the controls,monitor, rgb buttons etc... Im running a ipac4, 2 led64's, and a ultimarc trackball

Threw together a pc with a 2500k i5, 16gb ddr3, gtx 1060 6gb, a 2tb ssd running windows 10 and bigbox, and a 8tb hdd housing all my rom files.

Recently the build has been running slugish. Ive troubleahooted for daya, reseatted all pc components, ran drive monitors, stress tested ram and cpu, updated drivers, updated windows.....

Im just ready to start over and omit the 8tb drive. I just want a simple,reliable, rock solid setup with mame only on the cab.

Its been a couple years since ive messed with ledblinky but i have days worth of custom button animations i scripted years ago.

What files/locations do i need to backup to be able to not lose all my scripts,panel layout, etc?

And whats a good,reliable,simple frontend you would recommend to just run mame , ledblinky compatible?

Thanks!

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #2033 on: December 23, 2023, 11:31:57 pm »
Its been a couple years since ive messed with ledblinky but i have days worth of custom button animations i scripted years ago.

What files/locations do i need to backup to be able to not lose all my scripts,panel layout, etc?

You can copy the entire \LEDBlinky folder to the new system. After that you'll need to update any path/folder changes in the configuration files, but that's all that should be necessary.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

deezdrama

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2034 on: December 30, 2023, 11:16:21 am »

You can copy the entire \LEDBlinky folder to the new system. After that you'll need to update any path/folder changes in the configuration files, but that's all that should be necessary.

Thanks!

So im used to bigbox but decided to try coinops, Im wanting to copy over my ledblinky folder to the coinops build and then update ledblinky over it so I can start playing around and try to get some of my old animations integrated into coinops. On ledblinky site it says to install into retrofes "plugin" folder but I do not have a plugin folder. Do I just need to create a plugin folder? At what location...Inside coinops or inside retrofe folder?

Also, Im wondering if setting up ledblinky is even going to be possible with my ipac4 in xinput mode or should I stop before I invest too much time and just be using bigbox with ipac in keyboard mode?
 Thanks
« Last Edit: December 30, 2023, 11:26:39 am by deezdrama »

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #2035 on: December 30, 2023, 12:27:39 pm »
So im used to bigbox but decided to try coinops, Im wanting to copy over my ledblinky folder to the coinops build and then update ledblinky over it so I can start playing around and try to get some of my old animations integrated into coinops. On ledblinky site it says to install into retrofes "plugin" folder but I do not have a plugin folder. Do I just need to create a plugin folder? At what location...Inside coinops or inside retrofe folder?

Also, Im wondering if setting up ledblinky is even going to be possible with my ipac4 in xinput mode or should I stop before I invest too much time and just be using bigbox with ipac in keyboard mode?
 Thanks

For CoinOps you can install LEDBlinky into any folder and then set the CoinOps config to point to the LEDBlinky exe (there's no LEDBlinky plugin for CoinOps). But I don't think you can use xinput mode, maybe search the forums to see if anyone has found a solution?
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

deezdrama

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2036 on: December 30, 2023, 09:29:37 pm »

Thanks

For CoinOps you can install LEDBlinky into any folder and then set the CoinOps config to point to the LEDBlinky exe (there's no LEDBlinky plugin for CoinOps). But I don't think you can use xinput mode, maybe search the forums to see if anyone has found a solution?

Thanks for the quick replies man!

If I use coinops and xinput would there be an easy way to just loop an ledblinky animation as soon as windows starts? Or maybe just light the buttons a solid color?

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #2037 on: December 30, 2023, 11:59:40 pm »
If I use coinops and xinput would there be an easy way to just loop an ledblinky animation as soon as windows starts? Or maybe just light the buttons a solid color?
Sure, you could create an animation and run it via a script or batch file with the command \LEDBlinky\LEDBlinky.exe <animation file>. If you create a single frame animation, the buttons will remain lit whatever color you choose.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

thatpurplestuff

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 06:12:05 pm
« Reply #2038 on: January 10, 2024, 03:23:57 pm »
Hey arzoo!

First off, I just want to say thanks again for such a great piece of software.  I'm using it on my Skeeball machine in combination with my custom software and you were a huge help years ago in making that happen.  Obviously LEDBlinky wasn't created for my use case and I'm just piggybacking off of the existing arcade controls functionality, but I've got some quick (and possibly/probably stupid) questions that hopefully you can answer for me haha...

So I currently have an LEDWiz that is hooked up to my score ring LEDs so that the holes light up.  Depending on which type of game type I'm playing, the ring LEDs either get controlled via LWAX animations or by directly controlling the LED ports using the LEDBlinky command line.  This is working nearly perfectly for my needs so far.

What I was hoping to do is incorporate more LEDs in my machine, primarily a long string of LEDs for the ramp and a second string of LEDs for the ball return.  I've got those LEDs installed and working, but I was hoping for some info regarding my options for controlling them via LEDblinky.  Currently I have just added the ramp LEDs and ball return LEDs to the existing layout, so I can control them via LEDBlinky but it is very clunky since most of the time I would want the ramp/ball return/score rings to be running separate animations simultaneously.

Ideally I would want to be able to use LEDblinky to load animations specifically for the rings, and then be able to independently call separate animations for things like the ramp or ball return and not have the ring lights effected by any animations that are called for those LED sections.  Basically I would want each section of LED lights treated independently so calling animations within each section doesn't effect the other sections.  If animations controlling separate sections isn't an option, is it possible to run animations on the rings and then just use the command line to set solid colors on the ramp and ball return without effecting the rings?

Sorry, I feel like I repeated my question a couple of times but I just wanted to make sure that what I'm hoping to achieve is clear.  Thanks in advance for any clarity you could provide!
« Last Edit: January 10, 2024, 03:26:52 pm by thatpurplestuff »

So once again, we find that evil of the past seeps into the present like salad dressing through cheap wax paper, mixing memory and desire.

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #2039 on: January 10, 2024, 11:08:26 pm »
Hey arzoo!

First off, I just want to say thanks again for such a great piece of software.  I'm using it on my Skeeball machine in combination with my custom software and you were a huge help years ago in making that happen.  Obviously LEDBlinky wasn't created for my use case and I'm just piggybacking off of the existing arcade controls functionality, but I've got some quick (and possibly/probably stupid) questions that hopefully you can answer for me haha...

So I currently have an LEDWiz that is hooked up to my score ring LEDs so that the holes light up.  Depending on which type of game type I'm playing, the ring LEDs either get controlled via LWAX animations or by directly controlling the LED ports using the LEDBlinky command line.  This is working nearly perfectly for my needs so far.

What I was hoping to do is incorporate more LEDs in my machine, primarily a long string of LEDs for the ramp and a second string of LEDs for the ball return.  I've got those LEDs installed and working, but I was hoping for some info regarding my options for controlling them via LEDblinky.  Currently I have just added the ramp LEDs and ball return LEDs to the existing layout, so I can control them via LEDBlinky but it is very clunky since most of the time I would want the ramp/ball return/score rings to be running separate animations simultaneously.

Ideally I would want to be able to use LEDblinky to load animations specifically for the rings, and then be able to independently call separate animations for things like the ramp or ball return and not have the ring lights effected by any animations that are called for those LED sections.  Basically I would want each section of LED lights treated independently so calling animations within each section doesn't effect the other sections.  If animations controlling separate sections isn't an option, is it possible to run animations on the rings and then just use the command line to set solid colors on the ramp and ball return without effecting the rings?

Sorry, I feel like I repeated my question a couple of times but I just wanted to make sure that what I'm hoping to achieve is clear.  Thanks in advance for any clarity you could provide!

I think LEDBlinky comes close to doing what you want with the "Cabinet LEDs" functionality; basically LEDBlinky can run a separate animation on a separate LED controller. The intent here was to run an independent animation on cabinet mounted LEDs. Where this may fall short for your needs is currently LEDBlinky can only run animations (on the second LED controller) triggered by standard events; FE Start, FE Active, Game Start, Game Play, etc. And currently there's no command-line options for the second controller (although this is something I might be able to add).
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction