Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: LEDBlinky - Arcade LED Control software and Animation Editor - v8.2  (Read 557415 times)

bufaton

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 26, 2021, 09:34:01 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: LEDBlinky - Arcade LED Control software and Animation Editor - v8.0
« Reply #1800 on: June 24, 2021, 12:47:12 pm »
Hey guys, recently upgraded LedBlinky from version 7 to 8 (and followed the directions to install in current folder directory), now having issues.

When I go to run LedBlinky Config, it says the following:

LedBlinky.exe version [8.0.0.2] does not match the settings.ini version [7.1.0.7]. 

I've put quite a bit of time and energy into getting everything configured as needed, would prefer not to reinstall, just incase.  Thoughts on what its needing or what the issue is?  Seems like its something basic, just cant seem to figure this one out!

As a side note, everything seems to be working with the exception of MAME.  Running LaunchBox/BigBox & Ultimarc Ultimate.  Nothing else has changed, just wanted to update the application to take advantage of the new features.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2021, 01:05:17 pm by bufaton »

arzoo

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 14, 2024, 11:15:11 am
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #1801 on: June 24, 2021, 03:18:05 pm »
Hi, please check the "About" menu option on the Config app - does it list the version numbers for LEDBlinky and all the apps as 8.0.0.x? If not then please confirm you upgraded to the correct folder (it's easy to accidentally install within the \LEDBlinky folder, like \LEDBlinky\LEDBlinky...). If that's not the issue, please contact me via email and attach your settings.ini file. Sorry about the inconvenience.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

bufaton

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 26, 2021, 09:34:01 pm
« Reply #1802 on: June 24, 2021, 03:48:35 pm »
Appreciate the prompt response Arzoo.  I actually did a Windows backup just last week so just went ahead and converted back and all is well.

I will say, I am 100% sure I upgraded to the correct folder and did restart the PC and my front end/LedBlinky multiple times, just incase.  I even decided to uninstall and reinstall and oddly enough still somehow got the same error.

One of these days when I have more time, I will try it again and provide you back with the settings.ini file per your request.  I have a bunch of family coming into town this weekend so the arcade will be getting some use! Wanted to make sure its fully functional.

Appreciate everything you do.  Without LedBlinky, my friends and family would have no idea what buttons to push or how to navigate 18,000 games.  :)

Hi, please check the "About" menu option on the Config app - does it list the version numbers for LEDBlinky and all the apps as 8.0.0.x? If not then please confirm you upgraded to the correct folder (it's easy to accidentally install within the \LEDBlinky folder, like \LEDBlinky\LEDBlinky...). If that's not the issue, please contact me via email and attach your settings.ini file. Sorry about the inconvenience.

legendaryweapons

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 24, 2023, 12:08:46 am
« Reply #1803 on: July 09, 2021, 01:38:06 am »
Greetings!  This is my first cabinet build and first time trying out LEDBlinky and I'm getting close but not quite there.  Hopefully I can get some help!

I have been able to generate and LEDBlinky map, but some things are still missing:
when I do the input test, or any other type of test, ONLY RED buttons light up.  When I was setting things up I know I saw some lights light up green, blue randomly, but since I've used the Generate LEDBlinky Input map, only the red light up.  If I select a port for green or blue of a working red, nothing lights up.

Also, I don't think it's related but maybe:  Right now with no MAME or anything running, only my P1Start, P2Start, P3Start and P4Start are always on solid (red).  When I run the Simple LED Test, if I pick one of these ports, the light turns OFF.  I'm not sure if this is intended, if not would like suggestions how to fix.  I only have the trial version now, I'd like to get this working before purchasing.   Simple animation tests seem to work, albeit everything is red.

My setup: 4pl 4 Ultrastik + 38 LED buttons + 2 IPAC Ultimates on Win 10 PC + CoinOPS

Appreciate any input!  Thanks!

rom116

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 15, 2022, 10:59:14 pm
« Reply #1804 on: July 13, 2021, 01:42:18 pm »
Hi everyone.  I've been using LEDBlinky for about a year now and love it.  I have been able to figure out everything by watching Maverick's Arcade videos or google searches or late night trial and error...lol.  But I am currently stuck.

I have an arcade machine that  uses Launchbox.  I run a few steam games like Mortal Kombat XL, SFV, etc.  I have the buttons lighting up the correct colors, but when I exit the game, many times LEDBlinky is stuck and the colors do not return to the default FE animation.  I am assuming there is something getting in the way of the quit game command being sent to LEDBlinky because of how steam handles the games (this has been frustrating on a variety of levels...lol)

Is there a way to create a simple batch file that I could execute when I exit my PC games that would essentially mimic the quit game command that isn't being sent correctly to LEDblinky?

rom116

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1805 on: July 13, 2021, 02:05:30 pm »
I also have a 2nd question.  Occasionally I will play a game that has a config file for the correct colors but lights up buttons not assigned in MAME.  NFL Blitz 2000 is an example.  I had looked in the controls and colors files and everything seemed correct but there were a few buttons lit up that weren't assigned to anything.  I eventually figured out how to create a new config in the controlsconfiguration app but I am wondering if I am missing something simple...Thank you.

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #1806 on: July 13, 2021, 02:44:49 pm »
Greetings!  This is my first cabinet build and first time trying out LEDBlinky and I'm getting close but not quite there.  Hopefully I can get some help!

I have been able to generate and LEDBlinky map, but some things are still missing:
when I do the input test, or any other type of test, ONLY RED buttons light up.  When I was setting things up I know I saw some lights light up green, blue randomly, but since I've used the Generate LEDBlinky Input map, only the red light up.  If I select a port for green or blue of a working red, nothing lights up.

Also, I don't think it's related but maybe:  Right now with no MAME or anything running, only my P1Start, P2Start, P3Start and P4Start are always on solid (red).  When I run the Simple LED Test, if I pick one of these ports, the light turns OFF.  I'm not sure if this is intended, if not would like suggestions how to fix.  I only have the trial version now, I'd like to get this working before purchasing.   Simple animation tests seem to work, albeit everything is red.

My setup: 4pl 4 Ultrastik + 38 LED buttons + 2 IPAC Ultimates on Win 10 PC + CoinOPS

Appreciate any input!  Thanks!

Hi,
Both your iPACUltimate controllers are set as ID1. You'll need to download the Ultimarc software and set your second iPACUltimate controller as ID2. That should solve the problem.
https://www.ultimarc.com/control-interfaces/i-pacs/i-pac-ultimate-i-o/
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #1807 on: July 13, 2021, 02:53:04 pm »
Hi everyone.  I've been using LEDBlinky for about a year now and love it.  I have been able to figure out everything by watching Maverick's Arcade videos or google searches or late night trial and error...lol.  But I am currently stuck.

I have an arcade machine that  uses Launchbox.  I run a few steam games like Mortal Kombat XL, SFV, etc.  I have the buttons lighting up the correct colors, but when I exit the game, many times LEDBlinky is stuck and the colors do not return to the default FE animation.  I am assuming there is something getting in the way of the quit game command being sent to LEDBlinky because of how steam handles the games (this has been frustrating on a variety of levels...lol)

Is there a way to create a simple batch file that I could execute when I exit my PC games that would essentially mimic the quit game command that isn't being sent correctly to LEDblinky?

You are correct, if LEDBlinky is not returning to the "FE Active" animation when exiting a game, then LEDBlinky is not getting the GameQuit command. If you can find a way via a script to run a command when the Steam games quit, then you just need to execute "LEDBlinky.exe 4" which is GameQuit. All the command line parameters are documented in the readme and Install pdf files. Hope this helps.

I also have a 2nd question.  Occasionally I will play a game that has a config file for the correct colors but lights up buttons not assigned in MAME.  NFL Blitz 2000 is an example.  I had looked in the controls and colors files and everything seemed correct but there were a few buttons lit up that weren't assigned to anything.  I eventually figured out how to create a new config in the controlsconfiguration app but I am wondering if I am missing something simple...Thank you.

I'm not exactly sure what the issue is here, but the Troubleshooting app can be used to help identify problems with buttons lighting up incorrectly. If that doesn't help, you can email me the debug.zip file and I'll take a look.

arzoo
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

rom116

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1808 on: July 13, 2021, 03:00:14 pm »

You are correct, if LEDBlinky is not returning to the "FE Active" animation when exiting a game, then LEDBlinky is not getting the GameQuit command. If you can find a way via a script to run a command when the Steam games quit, then you just need to execute "LEDBlinky.exe 4" which is GameQuit. All the command line parameters are documented in the readme and Install pdf files. Hope this helps.

I'm not exactly sure what the issue is here, but the Troubleshooting app can be used to help identify problems with buttons lighting up incorrectly. If that doesn't help, you can email me the debug.zip file and I'll take a look.

arzoo

This is exactly what I was looking for.  Thanks man.  If I run into the scenario I mentioned again I'll capture a debug.

Retro77

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 29, 2023, 08:50:10 am
« Reply #1809 on: July 14, 2021, 08:36:28 pm »
Hi all,

I have a couple of LEDBlinky questions.

I have a racing cab with 7 LED lights. They are Start, Coin, Exit and 4 Sega VR Buttons. I have configured Demul, M2emu, Supermodel, PC and MAME.

All games light up properly bar 5 MAME games and I am not sure why. All configs are the same throughout.

The Games and issues are as follows:

California Speed. This lights 2 VR buttons but all 4 are configured
Road Blasters. I have both weapon buttons set to 2 of the VR buttons but the 2nd one doesn't light.
Super Hang-On. I have turbo set to the first VR button but it doesn't light.
Turbo Outrun. Same issue as Hang-On
Tokyo Wars. I have left and right fire buttons set as the first 2 VR buttons but the don't light.

I have tried importing MAME games on a couple of them but can't get them to change.

Has anyone had this issue and do they know a fix? I am  ot sure why it is only these games. All the other MAME games worked automatically.

Also, is there a way of having a light on permanently. I would like to have my exit button permanently lit to match Start and Coin.

Thanks

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #1810 on: July 14, 2021, 11:05:24 pm »
Hi all,

I have a couple of LEDBlinky questions.

I have a racing cab with 7 LED lights. They are Start, Coin, Exit and 4 Sega VR Buttons. I have configured Demul, M2emu, Supermodel, PC and MAME.

All games light up properly bar 5 MAME games and I am not sure why. All configs are the same throughout.

The Games and issues are as follows:

California Speed. This lights 2 VR buttons but all 4 are configured
Road Blasters. I have both weapon buttons set to 2 of the VR buttons but the 2nd one doesn't light.
Super Hang-On. I have turbo set to the first VR button but it doesn't light.
Turbo Outrun. Same issue as Hang-On
Tokyo Wars. I have left and right fire buttons set as the first 2 VR buttons but the don't light.

I have tried importing MAME games on a couple of them but can't get them to change.

Has anyone had this issue and do they know a fix? I am  ot sure why it is only these games. All the other MAME games worked automatically.

Also, is there a way of having a light on permanently. I would like to have my exit button permanently lit to match Start and Coin.

Thanks

You can use the Troubleshooting app to help identify why buttons for a specific game are not lighting as expected. If that doesn't help, email me the debug.zip file and I'll take a look.

For lighting your exit button, see this support link. It references mame admin buttons, but the same technique can be used for any emulator and the "Control Name" doesn't matter since you'll be setting the "Always Active" option. For example, you can use UI_CANCEL or UI_END.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

Retro77

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 29, 2023, 08:50:10 am
« Reply #1811 on: July 15, 2021, 03:35:54 pm »
Hi Arzoo,

I have sent you the debug file.

Thanks

legendaryweapons

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 24, 2023, 12:08:46 am
« Reply #1812 on: July 17, 2021, 12:35:51 am »
Hi,
Both your iPACUltimate controllers are set as ID1. You'll need to download the Ultimarc software and set your second iPACUltimate controller as ID2. That should solve the problem.
https://www.ultimarc.com/control-interfaces/i-pacs/i-pac-ultimate-i-o/
Hi Arzoo, thanks for your reply!  So since my last email I have configured the second board with a second ID (see photo), but I'm still in the same boat.  Sometimes a button will change color when I reconfig'd a board, but everything goes back to red LED only.  Using the input map or tester, only the RED LED's light up.  Log enclosed as well.  Any ideas welcome! 

rom116

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1813 on: July 19, 2021, 02:03:24 pm »

arzoo

Hi Arzoo.  Thanks for the help with the ledblinky.exe 4 command, worked perfect.  However It only corrected half of the issue.  Let me explain.  When I would launch a steam game via big box the buttons would light up correctly, but as I mentioned before exiting the game would not disengage LEDblinky and I would have to start a new game, then end that game for the buttons to "reset"

The command you gave me does end the game animation and return to the FE animation but when I start a new game it reloads the previous steam game animation.  After I exit the new game it does correctly "reset"  Any ideas?  Do you need a debug log?

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #1814 on: July 19, 2021, 02:12:44 pm »
Hi Arzoo.  Thanks for the help with the ledblinky.exe 4 command, worked perfect.  However It only corrected half of the issue.  Let me explain.  When I would launch a steam game via big box the buttons would light up correctly, but as I mentioned before exiting the game would not disengage LEDblinky and I would have to start a new game, then end that game for the buttons to "reset"

The command you gave me does end the game animation and return to the FE animation but when I start a new game it reloads the previous steam game animation.  After I exit the new game it does correctly "reset"  Any ideas?  Do you need a debug log?

I'm not sure what's going on because starting a new game will by default execute a GameQuit if it hasn't already been done. Please email me a debug log.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

rom116

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1815 on: July 19, 2021, 03:25:35 pm »
Sent.  I think i created it correctly.  I ran troubleshooter, opened BB, ran a steam game, exited, tried to run Mortal Kombat for MAME, twice it kept the Steam Game (Street Fighter V) button layout.  I ran MK2 for MAME and it displayed the correct button colors.  Thanks.

Foxhole

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 11, 2024, 04:05:15 am
« Reply #1816 on: July 29, 2021, 05:46:41 am »
Hi. I seem to have an issue with the combination of LedBlinky and MameHooker. Whenever i have functions that require mame's outputs turned on, such as "Game pause animation" or "Flash player start + etc" it will randomly cause mamehooker not to see mame's outputs. What i mean by randomly is that when it happens it always happens after launching a game, but there's no specific number of games i need to launch before this issue occurs, it can happen either right on the first game i launch after starting up the Cab, or the second, third, or fourth launch and etc.
Once it blocks Mamehooker from seeing the outputs i have to reboot the pc in order for it to work again until the next time it messes up.
If i disable the functions that require mame's outputs from ledblinky, then there are no issues with MameHooker anymore and it works just fine every time.
I've been having a go at this for the last three days, trying to come up with something, or some workaround, but no success.
As far as I'm aware, ledblinky shouldn't cause any issues with MameHooker as long as there are no hardware conflicts, and there's none since i use ledblinky only for leds and i use mamehooker to output for the recoil of my guns.
Would love to find a fix for this.
Frontend is HS and backend is Rocketlauncher, but i also tried outside of HS and RL, and it still happens.
Ledblinky version is 7.0.4
Haven't seen any changes in Ledblinky's change log that sound like it will fix this issue. But if you believe updating would fix this issue, I'll try.
Tried on mame .211, mame .223, model 2+demulshooter outputs, happens with every emulator that supports outputs.
Of course mame's output system is set to windows.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2021, 06:03:13 am by Foxhole »

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #1817 on: July 29, 2021, 08:32:29 am »
Hi. I seem to have an issue with the combination of LedBlinky and MameHooker. Whenever i have functions that require mame's outputs turned on, such as "Game pause animation" or "Flash player start + etc" it will randomly cause mamehooker not to see mame's outputs. What i mean by randomly is that when it happens it always happens after launching a game, but there's no specific number of games i need to launch before this issue occurs, it can happen either right on the first game i launch after starting up the Cab, or the second, third, or fourth launch and etc.
Once it blocks Mamehooker from seeing the outputs i have to reboot the pc in order for it to work again until the next time it messes up.
If i disable the functions that require mame's outputs from ledblinky, then there are no issues with MameHooker anymore and it works just fine every time.
I've been having a go at this for the last three days, trying to come up with something, or some workaround, but no success.
As far as I'm aware, ledblinky shouldn't cause any issues with MameHooker as long as there are no hardware conflicts, and there's none since i use ledblinky only for leds and i use mamehooker to output for the recoil of my guns.
Would love to find a fix for this.
Frontend is HS and backend is Rocketlauncher, but i also tried outside of HS and RL, and it still happens.
Ledblinky version is 7.0.4
Haven't seen any changes in Ledblinky's change log that sound like it will fix this issue. But if you believe updating would fix this issue, I'll try.
Tried on mame .211, mame .223, model 2+demulshooter outputs, happens with every emulator that supports outputs.
Of course mame's output system is set to windows.

When mame outputs stop working, does it fail for both LEDBlinky and MameHooker or just MameHooker? What happens if you disable LEDBlinky entirely from your FE (or exit LEDBlinky after it starts up) and then run the MAMEOutputTest app - does the problem still occur?

Are you using the same hardware (like an Ultimarc UIO board) for LEDs and your gun recoil? If so, there may be a hardware issue here.

Nothing has changed with how LEDBlinky uses mame outputs and I haven't heard anyone else reporting an issue with MameHooker conflicts, but I guess it's possible. This may be a question better directed to the MameHooker dev.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

Foxhole

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1818 on: July 29, 2021, 10:27:09 am »
"When mame outputs stop working, does it fail for both LEDBlinky and MameHooker or just MameHooker?" Just mameHooker.

"What happens if you disable LEDBlinky entirely from your FE (or exit LEDBlinky after it starts up) and then run the MAMEOutputTest app - does the problem still occur?" I haven't tried doing this procedure yet with MAMEOutputTest app running, but if i disable ledblinky completely then i have zero issues with MameHooker, i will try running the testapp alongside mamehooker and see if there's any change.

"Are you using the same hardware (like an Ultimarc UIO board) for LEDs and your gun recoil? If so, there may be a hardware issue here." No, the leds are using a pacled64 and the guns use an arduino via serial communication.

"Nothing has changed with how LEDBlinky uses mame outputs and I haven't heard anyone else reporting an issue with MameHooker conflicts, but I guess it's possible" i haven't used ledblinky alongside mamehooker in the past, so I can't really say whether it worked better in the past, I've only started using mamehooker alongside ledblinky just a few days ago.
Thank you for the prompt response. Hopefully i can find a solution that doesn't require me to disable ledblinky's output support.

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #1819 on: July 29, 2021, 10:58:51 am »
Thank you for the prompt response. Hopefully i can find a solution that doesn't require me to disable ledblinky's output support.

I did a quick search and this post indicates that MameHooker cannot be used in conjunction with LEDBlinky (with mame output features enabled). It's an old post from 2015 but based on what you're seeing, it seems to still be accurate.

Strange that LEDBlinky can work with MameHooker but not the opposite, wonder what's different in the two code implementations? Anyway, given that the two apps can't use the mame output system at the same time, the only option would be to have MameHooker handle what LEDBlinky is doing, or have LEDBlinky handle what MameHooker is doing. I can't speak to the first, but it's possible that LEDBlinky could send commands to your Arduino based on mame outputs; LEDBlinky does support serial communication outputs.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

Foxhole

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1820 on: July 29, 2021, 11:21:46 am »
Again, thanks for the quick reply.
Unfortunately, that's the news i was hoping not to hear.
I'll try finding a workaround of sorts.

Foxhole

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1821 on: July 30, 2021, 01:02:53 pm »
Just to follow up with this issue, upon further inspection, the 2 programs definitely interfere with each other.
When mamehooker is responding, my game pause animation in Ledblinky doesn't work, and when mamehooker isn't responding to outputs, then the game pause animation in Ledblinky does work.
I also tried running your MAMEOutputTestapp alongside mamehooker without ledblinky, and strangely enough it did  seem to work fine, i could see the testapp receiving the outputs while mamehooker received them too and sent the commands to my recoil gun.
So I'm not sure what to make of it.

robchap

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 18, 2021, 07:27:03 am
« Reply #1822 on: August 06, 2021, 11:53:20 pm »
I"m having an issue with the mame.xml/minimised mame.xml. Some of it is my stupidity and more general list management issues than anything else.

Basically the only mame.xml file I can export with players/buttons/joystick type is the full ~250Mb mamelist, which LEDBlinky trims down to about 6Mb, but it still takes maybe 20 seconds to parse the file before starting.

I've tried using a copy of mame.xml from retrofe.nl, but ledblinky strips out the buttons and player info when it shrinks down the size. And I can't make my own list with buttons/players from langlois romain's MAME xml generator (which is what I use to make my hyperspin lists long with don filter tools).

Basically I just want my mame list with buttons/players for the ~800 games I have on mame to reduce size/improve loading. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

websherpa

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 03, 2024, 10:38:48 am
« Reply #1823 on: September 02, 2021, 12:19:49 pm »
Has anyone figured out how to better integrate/program  LEDBlinky with CoinOPS / RetroFE for the front end itself?  For emulators other than MAME being addressed by CoinOPS/RetroFE?  (I know there is a plugin in early development but haven’t messed with it yet, not sure how big a scope it has yet.)

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #1824 on: September 02, 2021, 02:20:25 pm »
Has anyone figured out how to better integrate/program  LEDBlinky with CoinOPS / RetroFE for the front end itself?  For emulators other than MAME being addressed by CoinOPS/RetroFE?  (I know there is a plugin in early development but haven’t messed with it yet, not sure how big a scope it has yet.)

You're in luck - I'm currently working with the RetroFE dev to get LEDBlinky integrated with RetroFE and CoinOps. So this will be included with the next LEDBlinky release (hopefully in a few weeks).
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

websherpa

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 03, 2024, 10:38:48 am
« Reply #1825 on: September 02, 2021, 05:39:09 pm »

You're in luck - I'm currently working with the RetroFE dev to get LEDBlinky integrated with RetroFE and CoinOps. So this will be included with the next LEDBlinky release (hopefully in a few weeks).

Yay! Fantastic, thank you! LEDBlinky purchased!

jevansoh

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 23, 2023, 04:56:52 pm
« Reply #1826 on: November 23, 2021, 11:18:32 pm »
I just purchased LEDBlinky and am very happy so far, but I'm running into an issue where multiple P1 buttons and P2 buttons are lighting in MAME games, besides the correct ones.

For instance, in 1941, P1 and P2 Buttons 1, 2, 4, and 5 are all lighting up, when only 1 and 2 should light up.  On Street Fighter, on P1, all six buttons light up, but as it's flashing each button, some of them will flash together, like button 3 and button 5, for instance.  But on P2, only Buttons 1-5 light up.

I researched this before posting here and found the Troubleshooter.

Here's what it says:

The selected Emulator is MAME (or a MAME variant).

The Input Code(s) for the selected control [P1_BUTTON1] were defined using MAME default values. You can override the default Input Codes from the MAME configuration or in-game menu.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Analysis:

These are the Emulator defined Input Codes for [P1_BUTTON1]:
KEYCODE_LCONTROL
JOYCODE_1_BUTTON1
MOUSECODE_1_BUTTON1

Using your assigned Input Codes from the current Input Map, the following ports were enabled (ON):
iPACUltimateIO ID:1   Port:82   Label:P1B1  (RGB Blue)
iPACUltimateIO ID:1   Port:83   Label:P1B1  (RGB Green)
iPACUltimateIO ID:1   Port:84   Label:P1B1  (RGB Red)
iPACUltimateIO ID:1   Port:91   Label:P1B4  (RGB Blue)
iPACUltimateIO ID:1   Port:92   Label:P1B4  (RGB Green)
iPACUltimateIO ID:1   Port:93   Label:P1B4  (RGB Red)

If the wrong Button/Control is lighting up, this can be resolved by adding any one of the Input Codes listed above (in this color) to the correct LED Controller/Port(s) using the LEDBlinky GenLEDBlinkyInputMap application.

The following Control is assigned the same Input Code as P1_BUTTON1:
UI_SELECT (JOYCODE_1_BUTTON1)
This may cause P1_BUTTON1 to light when it should not, may be the wrong color, and may cause the wrong control action to be spoken. If this is the case, you must assign an unused Input Code to UI_SELECT which is currently using a MAME default value.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I see it references both P1 Button 1 and button 4, so it's correct in reporting that both buttons are lighting when only button 1 and 2 should be lighting and not button 1, 2, 4, and 5, but I don't know exactly what it means by "adding" the port and don't understand what the problem is and what it's telling me to do.

I also don't understand the differences between KEYCODES and JOYCODES and would really appreciate an explanation as to what each of them mean and how each are supposed to be used and what they do.

Any help figuring all of this out would be much appreciated.

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #1827 on: November 24, 2021, 08:55:02 am »
I see it references both P1 Button 1 and button 4, so it's correct in reporting that both buttons are lighting when only button 1 and 2 should be lighting and not button 1, 2, 4, and 5, but I don't know exactly what it means by "adding" the port and don't understand what the problem is and what it's telling me to do.

I also don't understand the differences between KEYCODES and JOYCODES and would really appreciate an explanation as to what each of them mean and how each are supposed to be used and what they do.

KeyCodes are the keyboard buttons and JoyCodes are the joystick buttons (and directions).

Typically each button on your control panel is assigned one or more unique input code (otherwise multiple buttons would do the same thing). When you configure LEDBlinky's input map using the GenLEDBlinkyInputMap app, you assign the input codes for each set of RGB ports. For example if pressing a button on your CP sends keyboard "A", then you should assign KEYCODE_A to the ports for the LED under that button.

From the info in the TroubleShooter, you have the RGB ports for both P1B1 and P1B4 assigned the same input codes, so as far as LEDBlinky knows, these two buttons do the same thing and should light up together. Using the GenLEDBlinkyInputMap, you need to remove the input codes for one of those two buttons and assign the correct input code(s) based on what the button actually sends. You can use the QuickCode feature to help with this. Hope this makes sense.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

jevansoh

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 23, 2023, 04:56:52 pm
« Reply #1828 on: November 24, 2021, 07:47:43 pm »
Ok, I understand better now.

The only thing I still don't quite understand is the difference between the KEYCODE and the JOYCODE.

Can you tell me why the JOYCODE should be put in the map?  I understand the KEYCODE, but I don't see what the JOYCODE does to the features/functions of the system.

For instance, what would happen if I just simply remove all the JOYCODES?

KeyCodes are the keyboard buttons and JoyCodes are the joystick buttons (and directions).

Typically each button on your control panel is assigned one or more unique input code (otherwise multiple buttons would do the same thing). When you configure LEDBlinky's input map using the GenLEDBlinkyInputMap app, you assign the input codes for each set of RGB ports. For example if pressing a button on your CP sends keyboard "A", then you should assign KEYCODE_A to the ports for the LED under that button.

From the info in the TroubleShooter, you have the RGB ports for both P1B1 and P1B4 assigned the same input codes, so as far as LEDBlinky knows, these two buttons do the same thing and should light up together. Using the GenLEDBlinkyInputMap, you need to remove the input codes for one of those two buttons and assign the correct input code(s) based on what the button actually sends. You can use the QuickCode feature to help with this. Hope this makes sense.

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #1829 on: November 25, 2021, 09:10:40 am »
Ok, I understand better now.

The only thing I still don't quite understand is the difference between the KEYCODE and the JOYCODE.

Can you tell me why the JOYCODE should be put in the map?  I understand the KEYCODE, but I don't see what the JOYCODE does to the features/functions of the system.

For instance, what would happen if I just simply remove all the JOYCODES?

The joycodes are only necessary if you are using an input controller that has joystick buttons. If not, you can remove them.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

Karl

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 05, 2021, 05:10:02 am
« Reply #1830 on: December 05, 2021, 05:10:03 am »
Hi people.
Having an issue I was hoping to get a fresh perspective on.

When I try to run (double click) the LEDBlinkySetup_8_1_0_1.exe file on my arcade machine (cabinet with a PC running WinXP Pro(32bit), I am presented with a notification that "LedblinkySetup_8_1_0_1.exe is not a valid win32 application"

These are the things I've tried with no success.
Downloaded the file again
Right clicked on the file & selected "Run As" then de-selected the option to run the program with restricted access
Re-installed Windows XP (32bit) SP3
Installed Windows XP (64bit) SP1
Ran the LEDBlinkyTroubleshooter.exe which only told me I was missing an ini file (which is expected)
Read the setup guide
Searched the internet for solutions

I've run the program on another PC (Win7) & it works fine

Can you think of anything I may be missing?
Thanks - Karl

Fillibabba

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 18, 2023, 01:07:05 pm
« Reply #1831 on: December 08, 2021, 01:54:13 pm »
Hello!

Im running Coinops Vert R2, and use LEDBlinky. Hardware is ledpac64.

I have a problem I cant get around or understand.
Every game I start, (mame) it also lits my Y button, telling me its "LEFT". Like first A "FIRE", B "ROLL" Y "LEFT", even though it's 1941.

Image showing what button that should not show, as there are only 2 buttons in 1941. The two top ones are coin/start.

https://ibb.co/yqRJsfb

vaderag

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 16, 2023, 05:11:02 am
  • Building my own cab :)
« Reply #1832 on: December 11, 2021, 08:27:20 am »
Hi All,

I've been using LED Blinky happily with my cab for a few years now and am on v6.5
I've decided to go back to square one with my cab for a variety of reasons and was looking at LED Blinky again. I notice we're a few versions on but got a warning when I tried to update (I am free version right now) and nothing in the change logs looked especially needed to me so wondered if there was something I should be aware of or if I'm good sticking with 6.5?

Also, back in the day I used Neph colours (?) I think but now that I've updated and stripped back Mame I notice a load of stuff missing
Is there a guide or a 'recommended' colours file for getting as much of Mame working as possible? I notice mention of one in the install but given I recall hunting around before I'm guessing that isn't to go to? Or is it? If it is can I just use the latest from latest release with 6.5?

Sorry for all the questions, I've pretty much forgotten everything from 4 years ago!
(NB, I have everything configured correctly for the right buttons etc so it's the last hurdle I'm interested in!)

Sent from my M2007J20CG using Tapatalk

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #1833 on: December 11, 2021, 11:54:00 pm »
Hello!

Im running Coinops Vert R2, and use LEDBlinky. Hardware is ledpac64.

I have a problem I cant get around or understand.
Every game I start, (mame) it also lits my Y button, telling me its "LEFT". Like first A "FIRE", B "ROLL" Y "LEFT", even though it's 1941.

Image showing what button that should not show, as there are only 2 buttons in 1941. The two top ones are coin/start.

https://ibb.co/yqRJsfb

You can try the LEDBlinkyTroubleshooter app and see if that can provide an answer. if not, email me the debug.zip and/or debug.log file and I'll take a look.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #1834 on: December 11, 2021, 11:57:42 pm »
Hi All,

I've been using LED Blinky happily with my cab for a few years now and am on v6.5
I've decided to go back to square one with my cab for a variety of reasons and was looking at LED Blinky again. I notice we're a few versions on but got a warning when I tried to update (I am free version right now) and nothing in the change logs looked especially needed to me so wondered if there was something I should be aware of or if I'm good sticking with 6.5?

Also, back in the day I used Neph colours (?) I think but now that I've updated and stripped back Mame I notice a load of stuff missing
Is there a guide or a 'recommended' colours file for getting as much of Mame working as possible? I notice mention of one in the install but given I recall hunting around before I'm guessing that isn't to go to? Or is it? If it is can I just use the latest from latest release with 6.5?

Sorry for all the questions, I've pretty much forgotten everything from 4 years ago!
(NB, I have everything configured correctly for the right buttons etc so it's the last hurdle I'm interested in!)

I can't provide support for older versions, but if you're happy with the way it's working and don't need any of the newer features, then you're fine sticking with your current configuration.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

vaderag

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 16, 2023, 05:11:02 am
  • Building my own cab :)
« Reply #1835 on: December 12, 2021, 02:52:03 am »
Hi All,

I can't provide support for older versions, but if you're happy with the way it's working and don't need any of the newer features, then you're fine sticking with your current configuration.
That's fair enough
I'm not so much looking for support however more a guide on getting mame ROM colours working... I obviously found one back when I originally set up (which led me to the alternate colours file) but I'm struggling to find it now and all roads lead back here!

Basically I don't want to go through every missing game and set up manually...I know I will need to do some, but I'm sure that some that I'm missing have been created, probably just incorrect versions etc

Edit. Also, does LED blinky affect anything outside its own directory? Could I run the latest version and retain the old version as a test in separate locations?
« Last Edit: December 12, 2021, 10:48:50 am by vaderag »

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #1836 on: December 12, 2021, 01:03:52 pm »
I'm not so much looking for support however more a guide on getting mame ROM colours working... I obviously found one back when I originally set up (which led me to the alternate colours file) but I'm struggling to find it now and all roads lead back here!

Basically I don't want to go through every missing game and set up manually...I know I will need to do some, but I'm sure that some that I'm missing have been created, probably just incorrect versions etc

Edit. Also, does LED blinky affect anything outside its own directory? Could I run the latest version and retain the old version as a test in separate locations?

The colors.ini file included with LEDBlinky has not been updated afaik. You can definitely install LEDBlinky to a different folder and run the two versions separately, but not at the same time :)
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

okerra

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 30, 2024, 06:07:24 pm
« Reply #1837 on: January 11, 2022, 05:30:03 am »
New here, I just bought a nano-led device from ultimarc and I would like to know if it is compatible with the configuration wizard mode in ledblinky and if there is a thread / post dedicated to this specific device. Thanks in advance

gstav

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 22, 2024, 10:59:19 am
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,157861.0.html
« Reply #1838 on: January 19, 2022, 07:44:08 am »
Is it possible to clear the buttons with a command?
Still struggling with my mamehooker-LEDBlinky-demulshooter combo for elevator Action Death Parade where I think I need to clear the buttons upon load as it works outside rocketlauncher but not launched from it
"One coin to rule em' all"

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #1839 on: January 19, 2022, 08:15:16 am »
New here, I just bought a nano-led device from ultimarc and I would like to know if it is compatible with the configuration wizard mode in ledblinky and if there is a thread / post dedicated to this specific device. Thanks in advance

LEDBlinky does support the nano-LED. I don't know of any thread dedicated to that device. Are you having a specific issue?
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction