Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: LEDBlinky - Arcade LED Control software and Animation Editor - v8.2  (Read 550857 times)

MartinC

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 16, 2021, 03:43:01 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
LEDBlinky - Volume controls
« Reply #1760 on: April 07, 2021, 03:08:22 pm »
Hi,
Just getting started with LEDBlinky which is great (thank you).
I've got my input map basically all sorted and continuing to work my way through the manual.
One thing that isn't obvious is how I can map my volume control buttons. I have a button for "Volume Down" and a button for "Volume Up". These map in Using my Ultimarc Ultimate in WinIPAC these map clearly to the "Vol Down" and "Vol Up" keycodes. I can't however see an equivalent keycode in LEDBlinky? Am I missing something or is there a different way I should approach mapping these buttons and referring to them in LEDBlinky?
Many thanks!
Martin 

G22

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 02, 2023, 03:35:54 pm
Re: LEDBlinky - Arcade LED Control software and Animation Editor - v7.0
« Reply #1761 on: April 10, 2021, 05:06:35 pm »
Hi, I'm having an issue.

I'm using an I-Pac Ultimate control board in xinput mode. Ledblinky can't recognize the board in xinput mode. It does work in dinput and keybaord mode though.

Thing is many newer games only works with xinput emulating Xbox 360 controllers.

Andy from Ultimarc told me that:

Microsofts locked-down Xinput specification does not allow the necessary functions for LED control.

There must be some kind of way to bypass that. I mean I've paid for LedBlinky and 500$ worth of RGB buttons. Majority of the games I'm playing only works with xinput controls. This is really a bummer.

I've tried UCR(Universal Control Remapper) which let's you remap keystrokes to Xbox 360 buttons on their Vigem Xbox 360 emulated controllers. Thing is that the Vigem driver isn't as reliable as xinput and doesn't work in many games like Tetris Connected where only the Player 1 works.

Thank you if anyone knows a workaround or if this could be developed.

arzoo

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 15, 2024, 10:31:32 pm
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
Re: LEDBlinky - Volume controls
« Reply #1762 on: April 10, 2021, 07:27:33 pm »
Hi,
Just getting started with LEDBlinky which is great (thank you).
I've got my input map basically all sorted and continuing to work my way through the manual.
One thing that isn't obvious is how I can map my volume control buttons. I have a button for "Volume Down" and a button for "Volume Up". These map in Using my Ultimarc Ultimate in WinIPAC these map clearly to the "Vol Down" and "Vol Up" keycodes. I can't however see an equivalent keycode in LEDBlinky? Am I missing something or is there a different way I should approach mapping these buttons and referring to them in LEDBlinky?
Many thanks!
Martin

If you're looking to light additional non-game related buttons while a game is active, this support link should help. The button name you select doesn't really matter as long as "Always Active" is checked;
https://www.ledblinky.net/Support.htm#LightMAMEUI

If you're looking to light specific buttons when the FE is active, this support link should help. Look at the section about "complete control";
https://www.ledblinky.net/Support.htm#LightFEUI
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #1763 on: April 10, 2021, 07:33:36 pm »
Hi, I'm having an issue.

I'm using an I-Pac Ultimate control board in xinput mode. Ledblinky can't recognize the board in xinput mode. It does work in dinput and keybaord mode though.

Thing is many newer games only works with xinput emulating Xbox 360 controllers.

Andy from Ultimarc told me that:

Microsofts locked-down Xinput specification does not allow the necessary functions for LED control.

There must be some kind of way to bypass that. I mean I've paid for LedBlinky and 500$ worth of RGB buttons. Majority of the games I'm playing only works with xinput controls. This is really a bummer.

I've tried UCR(Universal Control Remapper) which let's you remap keystrokes to Xbox 360 buttons on their Vigem Xbox 360 emulated controllers. Thing is that the Vigem driver isn't as reliable as xinput and doesn't work in many games like Tetris Connected where only the Player 1 works.

If I understand correctly, the IPac Ultimate can't light LEDs when running in XInput mode. This really has nothing to do with LEDBlinky. All I can suggest is purchasing a separate LED controller.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

JRobATL

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 27, 2022, 10:20:34 am
  • Completed - Tron Legacy
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,162637.0.html
« Reply #1764 on: April 13, 2021, 09:18:00 pm »
Pac-man playing in 8-way SOLVED.

So, Pac-man (and Puckman) were playing in 8-way mode on my servostik. I had noticed the controls were set to CONTROL_JOY4WAY, but the "Primary Controls" box was not checked.

Checking that box solved the issue.

That solution was not intuitive to me, so I figured I'd post it in case anyone else ever comes across that issue.

MartinC

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1765 on: April 14, 2021, 01:52:49 pm »
Related to Pac Man - I've created some generic profiles with the help of Rocket Blinky (with tweaks to make it LaunchBox friendly) and am now adding custom profiles for some games. I'm duplicating the default but find that the "Name (voice)" cannot be edited in the UI for the "Start" and "Coin" options as they have default text which is greyed out. If I edit manually in the xml it does what I want, but the default text remains in the UI and cannot be changed.
Have I selected a setting that causes this? None of the Start/Coin related Game options in the LEDBlinky config seem to affect this?

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #1766 on: April 14, 2021, 03:17:59 pm »
Related to Pac Man - I've created some generic profiles with the help of Rocket Blinky (with tweaks to make it LaunchBox friendly) and am now adding custom profiles for some games. I'm duplicating the default but find that the "Name (voice)" cannot be edited in the UI for the "Start" and "Coin" options as they have default text which is greyed out. If I edit manually in the xml it does what I want, but the default text remains in the UI and cannot be changed.
Have I selected a setting that causes this? None of the Start/Coin related Game options in the LEDBlinky config seem to affect this?

The Start and Coin button's spoken action is fixed, but it can be set globally (for all games) in the settings.ini;

Code: [Select]
[GameOptions]
SpeakStartButton=Start Game
SpeakCoinButton=Insert Coin

You can edit the file with any text editor and change the values.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

MartinC

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1767 on: April 14, 2021, 04:57:04 pm »
The Start and Coin button's spoken action is fixed

But this doesn't seem to be the case. With the below code it's saying what I've specified for my coin and start buttons rather than the default text you've indicated above.

<controlGroup groupName="PAC-MAN_(USA)_(NAMCO)" voice="Pac Man" numPlayers="2" alternating="0" jukebox="0">
      <player number="0">
        <control name="CONTROL_JOY4WAY" voice="4-Way Joystick" color="" inputCodes="" primaryControl="1"/>
        <control name="UI_CANCEL" voice="" color="Red" inputCodes="KEYCODE_ESC"/>
        <control name="UI_PAUSE" voice="" color="Yellow" inputCodes="KEY_RLPAUSE|KEY_MAMEPAUSE"/>
        <control name="UI_SELECT" voice="" color="Green" inputCodes="KEYCODE_P"/>
      </player>
      <player number="1">
        <control name="P1_JOYSTICK_UP" voice="Up" color="Black" inputCodes="JOYCODE_1_UP"/>
        <control name="P1_JOYSTICK_DOWN" voice="Down" color="Black" inputCodes="JOYCODE_1_DOWN"/>
        <control name="P1_JOYSTICK_LEFT" voice="Left" color="Black" inputCodes="JOYCODE_1_LEFT"/>
        <control name="P1_JOYSTICK_RIGHT" voice="Right" color="Black" inputCodes="JOYCODE_1_RIGHT"/>
        <control name="START1" voice="Start Game - pause and restart play" color="Grey-mid" inputCodes="KEYCODE_1"/>
        <control name="COIN1" voice="Select number of players" color="Grey-mid" inputCodes="KEYCODE_5"/>
      </player>
      <player number="2">
        <control name="P2_JOYSTICK_UP" voice="Up" color="Black" inputCodes="JOYCODE_2_UP"/>
        <control name="P2_JOYSTICK_DOWN" voice="Down" color="Black" inputCodes="JOYCODE_2_DOWN"/>
        <control name="P2_JOYSTICK_LEFT" voice="Left" color="Black" inputCodes="JOYCODE_2_LEFT"/>
        <control name="P2_JOYSTICK_RIGHT" voice="Right" color="Black" inputCodes="JOYCODE_2_RIGHT"/>
        <control name="START2" voice="Start Game - pause and restart play" color="Grey-mid" inputCodes="KEYCODE_2"/>
      </player>
    </controlGroup>

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #1768 on: April 14, 2021, 05:18:30 pm »
But this doesn't seem to be the case. With the below code it's saying what I've specified for my coin and start buttons rather than the default text you've indicated above.

<controlGroup groupName="PAC-MAN_(USA)_(NAMCO)" voice="Pac Man" numPlayers="2" alternating="0" jukebox="0">
      <player number="0">
        <control name="CONTROL_JOY4WAY" voice="4-Way Joystick" color="" inputCodes="" primaryControl="1"/>
        <control name="UI_CANCEL" voice="" color="Red" inputCodes="KEYCODE_ESC"/>
        <control name="UI_PAUSE" voice="" color="Yellow" inputCodes="KEY_RLPAUSE|KEY_MAMEPAUSE"/>
        <control name="UI_SELECT" voice="" color="Green" inputCodes="KEYCODE_P"/>
      </player>
      <player number="1">
        <control name="P1_JOYSTICK_UP" voice="Up" color="Black" inputCodes="JOYCODE_1_UP"/>
        <control name="P1_JOYSTICK_DOWN" voice="Down" color="Black" inputCodes="JOYCODE_1_DOWN"/>
        <control name="P1_JOYSTICK_LEFT" voice="Left" color="Black" inputCodes="JOYCODE_1_LEFT"/>
        <control name="P1_JOYSTICK_RIGHT" voice="Right" color="Black" inputCodes="JOYCODE_1_RIGHT"/>
        <control name="START1" voice="Start Game - pause and restart play" color="Grey-mid" inputCodes="KEYCODE_1"/>
        <control name="COIN1" voice="Select number of players" color="Grey-mid" inputCodes="KEYCODE_5"/>
      </player>
      <player number="2">
        <control name="P2_JOYSTICK_UP" voice="Up" color="Black" inputCodes="JOYCODE_2_UP"/>
        <control name="P2_JOYSTICK_DOWN" voice="Down" color="Black" inputCodes="JOYCODE_2_DOWN"/>
        <control name="P2_JOYSTICK_LEFT" voice="Left" color="Black" inputCodes="JOYCODE_2_LEFT"/>
        <control name="P2_JOYSTICK_RIGHT" voice="Right" color="Black" inputCodes="JOYCODE_2_RIGHT"/>
        <control name="START2" voice="Start Game - pause and restart play" color="Grey-mid" inputCodes="KEYCODE_2"/>
      </player>
    </controlGroup>

If RocketBlinky specifies a "voice" value for the start and coin buttons, it will override the global value in settings.ini. If you want to use the global value for all games, you'd have to manually edit the LEDBlinkyControls.xml and remove the "voice" value for every game.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

MartinC

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1769 on: April 14, 2021, 05:22:03 pm »
But it's not RocketBlinky that set the text above (although I used that  to create the original file. I was simply confused why it the voice for coin and start was disabled so experimented by editing the controls XML. It's fine if I have to continue to do it this way, I'm just confused why I have to resort to doing this rather than using the controls UI?

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #1770 on: April 14, 2021, 07:33:43 pm »
But it's not RocketBlinky that set the text above (although I used that  to create the original file. I was simply confused why it the voice for coin and start was disabled so experimented by editing the controls XML. It's fine if I have to continue to do it this way, I'm just confused why I have to resort to doing this rather than using the controls UI?

Ah, I understand. The way LEDBlinky handles the voice commands for the coin and start buttons goes back to old legacy code. I should probably revisit it some day and allow changes from the UI.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

JRobATL

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1771 on: April 14, 2021, 08:56:38 pm »

Ah, I understand. The way LEDBlinky handles the voice commands for the coin and start buttons goes back to old legacy code. I should probably revisit it some day and allow changes from the UI.

I'd be in favor of that. On some steam games, I like to use those buttons as menu select or menu cancel, and I would've liked to be able to add those voices.

MartinC

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1772 on: April 15, 2021, 04:06:30 am »
I should probably revisit it some day and allow changes from the UI.

That would be great at some point, but no rush. As I say I can always edit the raw XML and really appreciate what you do!

Can I add a quick feature request while I'm at it? When you duplicate a control set you can specify which emulator it should be added to. It would be really handy if then you could select one of the "unknown games" for that system to make it easier to ensure the ROM name is correct. Not priority, but would just make things a little easier.

Sorry to be a pain!  :embarassed:

MartinC

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1773 on: April 15, 2021, 04:21:07 am »

@G22 - Have you looked at http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,158047.0.html? Not get this far in my setup yet, but looks interesting.

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #1774 on: April 15, 2021, 07:46:30 am »
Can I add a quick feature request while I'm at it? When you duplicate a control set you can specify which emulator it should be added to. It would be really handy if then you could select one of the "unknown games" for that system to make it easier to ensure the ROM name is correct. Not priority, but would just make things a little easier.

I'll add this to the feature request list, thanks.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

MartinC

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1775 on: April 15, 2021, 08:12:47 am »
 :cheers:

G22

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1776 on: May 03, 2021, 02:47:55 pm »
Hi,

LedBlinky was all working great with BigBox but now it seems to be broken.

Work:
- Frontend animations

Doesn't work:
- Servostick automatic switch 4/8 way
- Light game demo controls
- Light/announce game controls when ingame

Thanks for helping me!

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #1777 on: May 03, 2021, 04:06:12 pm »
Hi,

Work:
- Frontend animations

Doesn't work:

Thanks for helping me!

What changed  between when it was last working? Quickly looking at your log; There's an error for the ServoStik - it's not responding to commands? The one game in the log (BUBLBOBL) has been configured in mame (default.cfg) to use all joystick inputs (P1_BUTTON1 = JOYCODE_1_BUTTON1, etc) but your LEDBlinky input map has all ports assigned to keyboard input codes (P1B1 = KEYCODE_LCONTROL etc).
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

G22

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1778 on: May 04, 2021, 06:18:07 pm »
Hi,

Work:
- Frontend animations

Doesn't work:

Thanks for helping me!

What changed  between when it was last working? Quickly looking at your log; There's an error for the ServoStik - it's not responding to commands? The one game in the log (BUBLBOBL) has been configured in mame (default.cfg) to use all joystick inputs (P1_BUTTON1 = JOYCODE_1_BUTTON1, etc) but your LEDBlinky input map has all ports assigned to keyboard input codes (P1B1 = KEYCODE_LCONTROL etc).

What changed is that instead of using the ipac ultimate in keyboard mode I installed the application UCR which creates 2 xbox 360 controllers from my keyboard bindings on the ipac. That way I can make the arcade  controls work on newer games that are only compatible with a x360 controller. The only way to get LedBlinky to keep working is having the ipac in keyboard mode and not xinput mode which prevents ledblinky to access the led controller.

I forgot about setting up the new buttons in the LedBlinky Input Map. I just configured everything complying with the new buttons from my x360 emulated controllers.

1. Servostick still doesn't work
2. The buttons now light up but only for player 2

Thank you for helping out!
« Last Edit: May 04, 2021, 06:19:51 pm by G22 »

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #1779 on: May 04, 2021, 10:26:18 pm »

I'm not sure why the ServoStik is not working. Have you tried the Ultimarc test software? All I can say is that LEDBlinky is sending the commands to the joystick but the function library is reporting back a failure. Maybe contact Andy at Ultimarc on this.

As for your buttons, here are the mame assignments (from default.cfg):
P1B1 = JOYCODE_1_BUTTON1
P1B2 = JOYCODE_1_BUTTON2
P2B1 = JOYCODE_2_BUTTON1
p2B2 = JOYCODE_2_BUTTON2

Your LEDBlinky input map has ports 1/2/3 assigned to JOYCODE_1_BUTTON1 and labeled as P2B1. Ports 4/5/6 is assigned to JOYCODE_1_BUTTON2 and labeled as P2B2. Based on your port labels, it seems you have the input codes for P1 assigned to P2. Those ports should probably be assigned to JOYCODE_2_BUTTON1 and JOYCODE_2_BUTTON2 respectively.

The ports labeled as P1B1 and P1B2 are assigned to JOYCODE_4_BUTTON1 and JOYCODE_4_BUTTON2 but should probably be assigned to JOYCODE_1_BUTTON1 and JOYCODE_1_BUTTON2.

If you give the LEDBlinkyTroubleshooter app a try, it should report the same info. Hope this helps.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

G22

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1780 on: May 10, 2021, 01:30:33 pm »

I'm not sure why the ServoStik is not working. Have you tried the Ultimarc test software? All I can say is that LEDBlinky is sending the commands to the joystick but the function library is reporting back a failure. Maybe contact Andy at Ultimarc on this.

As for your buttons, here are the mame assignments (from default.cfg):
P1B1 = JOYCODE_1_BUTTON1
P1B2 = JOYCODE_1_BUTTON2
P2B1 = JOYCODE_2_BUTTON1
p2B2 = JOYCODE_2_BUTTON2

Your LEDBlinky input map has ports 1/2/3 assigned to JOYCODE_1_BUTTON1 and labeled as P2B1. Ports 4/5/6 is assigned to JOYCODE_1_BUTTON2 and labeled as P2B2. Based on your port labels, it seems you have the input codes for P1 assigned to P2. Those ports should probably be assigned to JOYCODE_2_BUTTON1 and JOYCODE_2_BUTTON2 respectively.

The ports labeled as P1B1 and P1B2 are assigned to JOYCODE_4_BUTTON1 and JOYCODE_4_BUTTON2 but should probably be assigned to JOYCODE_1_BUTTON1 and JOYCODE_1_BUTTON2.

If you give the LEDBlinkyTroubleshooter app a try, it should report the same info. Hope this helps.

Hi and thank you for your answer.

I've contacted Andy and he told me to try the Joytray app instead and just by opening it have kind of unstuck the state of the Servosticks.

For my setup it's normal that P1 and P2 are inversed because the board is upside down in the arcade. It was better for the cable job under the hood.

What's abnormal is that my P1 which is in JOYCODE_2 is inputting JOYCODE_4 when I use the quick code in your input map generator map application.

I just tried to manually add JOYCODE_2 from the list on the right and it's all working great.

I'm using UCR (https://github.com/Snoothy/UCR) to emulate 2 Xbox 360 controllers with the Vigem driver. That way I can use the ipac ultimate in keyboard mode and have at the same time emulated xinput controllers while your app isn't blocked from using the ipac ultimate.

Maybe your software recognizes the Vigem P1 controller as P4.

Honestly not a big issue! Everything as been resolved by your great support and your effective logs!

8)

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #1781 on: May 10, 2021, 01:58:20 pm »
Hi and thank you for your answer.

I've contacted Andy and he told me to try the Joytray app instead and just by opening it have kind of unstuck the state of the Servosticks.

For my setup it's normal that P1 and P2 are inversed because the board is upside down in the arcade. It was better for the cable job under the hood.

What's abnormal is that my P1 which is in JOYCODE_2 is inputting JOYCODE_4 when I use the quick code in your input map generator map application.

I just tried to manually add JOYCODE_2 from the list on the right and it's all working great.

I'm using UCR (https://github.com/Snoothy/UCR) to emulate 2 Xbox 360 controllers with the Vigem driver. That way I can use the ipac ultimate in keyboard mode and have at the same time emulated xinput controllers while your app isn't blocked from using the ipac ultimate.

Maybe your software recognizes the Vigem P1 controller as P4.

Honestly not a big issue! Everything as been resolved by your great support and your effective logs!

8)

Glad you got if figured out!  :cheers:
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

bufaton

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 26, 2021, 09:34:01 pm
« Reply #1782 on: May 18, 2021, 01:21:04 pm »
Experiencing the same issue as G22 and probably alot of others.  Trying to get LED's to light up when running Xinput on my Ultimarc Ultimate board for Steam/Windows games.

One thing that I noticed is when my front end and game play is inactive (and in keyboard mode), my LED's do a fade sweep pattern by default.  Is there a way to change this instead of it being defaulted to the fade sweep pattern, it defaults to a set color mapping for player one & two?  Was trying to essentially get the LED's to be locked in a set color mapping when LEDBlinky is not called on thus lighting up LED's as I need (when not in keyboard mode).

Is this fade sweep pattern default within LEDBlinky or the Ultimarc Ultimate board?  Where to configure this has me puzzled.  Any suggestions or insight would greatly be appreciated!  Just trying to find a work-around, mainly for Steam fighters (Soul Calibur, Sreet Fighter, Injustice, etc).

lomoverde

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 17, 2023, 09:16:34 pm
« Reply #1783 on: May 27, 2021, 10:00:35 am »
Ive been setting up my U360 on my desktop PC running mame0.219.

Ill be putting the U360 into my cab running Groovymame 0.226 this week.

On my cab will i be ok just setting up the paths in LEDBlinkyConfig,then transfer my LEDBlinkyControls.xml from desktop PC to cab overwriting the old one ?

No LEDS involved just using it to control my U360.

Im assuming the MAME versions are close enough together to not cause a problem,but dont know if any other files need copying over.

Thank you.

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #1784 on: May 27, 2021, 11:52:44 am »
Ive been setting up my U360 on my desktop PC running mame0.219.

Ill be putting the U360 into my cab running Groovymame 0.226 this week.

On my cab will i be ok just setting up the paths in LEDBlinkyConfig,then transfer my LEDBlinkyControls.xml from desktop PC to cab overwriting the old one ?

No LEDS involved just using it to control my U360.

Im assuming the MAME versions are close enough together to not cause a problem,but dont know if any other files need copying over.

Thank you.

Yes, that should work fine.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #1785 on: May 27, 2021, 11:54:52 am »
Experiencing the same issue as G22 and probably alot of others.  Trying to get LED's to light up when running Xinput on my Ultimarc Ultimate board for Steam/Windows games.

One thing that I noticed is when my front end and game play is inactive (and in keyboard mode), my LED's do a fade sweep pattern by default.  Is there a way to change this instead of it being defaulted to the fade sweep pattern, it defaults to a set color mapping for player one & two?  Was trying to essentially get the LED's to be locked in a set color mapping when LEDBlinky is not called on thus lighting up LED's as I need (when not in keyboard mode).

Is this fade sweep pattern default within LEDBlinky or the Ultimarc Ultimate board?  Where to configure this has me puzzled.  Any suggestions or insight would greatly be appreciated!  Just trying to find a work-around, mainly for Steam fighters (Soul Calibur, Sreet Fighter, Injustice, etc).

Hard to say without seeing a debug log, but the UIO board does have the ability to store an animation in the firmware (totally separate from LEDBlinky).
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

G22

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1786 on: May 27, 2021, 04:14:38 pm »
Hi! Having this thread coming back id like to know why my START and COIN buttons are reversed for both of my P1 and P2.

Any ideas?!

Also I've received my Pixelcade Led Marquee and I would have some suggestions to make it a little better integrated. I think there's missing some important features like in game Animation instead of marquee only. Also it would be cool to have the ability to set the game name and highscore to repeat infinitely. Like Animation for a determined time + Game name and highscores + Animation + Game name and highscores + Animation etc. over and over! Another cool thing would be to have the ability to put a text/image/animation when we exit a game and come back to FE. Example the Game Over message when you leave the game!

I can't think of any other ideas but so far these are the things I though that would be there and which is not and that I would really like to see added!

Thanks!  ;D

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #1787 on: May 27, 2021, 05:12:50 pm »
Hi! Having this thread coming back id like to know why my START and COIN buttons are reversed for both of my P1 and P2.

Any ideas?!

Also I've received my Pixelcade Led Marquee and I would have some suggestions to make it a little better integrated. I think there's missing some important features like in game Animation instead of marquee only. Also it would be cool to have the ability to set the game name and highscore to repeat infinitely. Like Animation for a determined time + Game name and highscores + Animation + Game name and highscores + Animation etc. over and over! Another cool thing would be to have the ability to put a text/image/animation when we exit a game and come back to FE. Example the Game Over message when you leave the game!

I can't think of any other ideas but so far these are the things I though that would be there and which is not and that I would really like to see added!

Thanks!  ;D

Have you tried the LEDBlinkyTroubleshooter to see if it can help resolve the Start and Coin button issue? If that doesn't help, email me your debug.log and I'll take a look. As for the Pixelcade suggestions, I'll add them to the requested enhancements list, thanks!
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

G22

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1788 on: June 01, 2021, 11:24:41 pm »
Have you tried the LEDBlinkyTroubleshooter to see if it can help resolve the Start and Coin button issue? If that doesn't help, email me your debug.log and I'll take a look. As for the Pixelcade suggestions, I'll add them to the requested enhancements list, thanks!

Hi arzoo. I've tried running the troubleshooter executable but it keeps giving me the error: "06-01-2021, is not a valid date". I tried deleting the debug files but it just update the date to the day your deleting those files. I'm not sure what's going on but unfortunately I can't keep testing.

If I can provide additional informations here are some things id like to let you know:

1. My Ipac Ultimate didn't fit in my arcade control panel correctly. So to make AC connection and P1+P2 cables not crossing each other I've reversed where the buttons are connected. It seems to create a confusion in LedBlinky someway. So originally where P1 should be my P2 buttons are connected. Same thing for P2 buttons which are connected in P1 on the board.

2. Strangely in the inputmap generator executable sees the P1 buttons as JOYCODE4 and P2 buttons as JOYCODE1. I can't understand where this is coming from. I'm making both of my xbos 360 controllers with the vigem driver operated by UCR. I've check with SCPuser.exe and P1 does show as controller 1 and P2 does show as controller 2. I've also confirmed this in Tetris Effect. Where does LedBlinky find the P1 to be as JOYCODE4? I don't know.

3. If I switch START and COIN mapping in inputmap generator it doesn't change anything in Mame (launched from Launchbox). It's still inversed. I don't really understand how to make a change.

Not sure if I have more data to provide. Hope you can help! Id really like to move on to the next step and configure custom lightning for non mame games.

Thank you!  ;D

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #1789 on: June 02, 2021, 08:02:33 am »

Hi arzoo. I've tried running the troubleshooter executable but it keeps giving me the error: "06-01-2021, is not a valid date". I tried deleting the debug files but it just update the date to the day your deleting those files. I'm not sure what's going on but unfortunately I can't keep testing.

If I can provide additional informations here are some things id like to let you know:

1. My Ipac Ultimate didn't fit in my arcade control panel correctly. So to make AC connection and P1+P2 cables not crossing each other I've reversed where the buttons are connected. It seems to create a confusion in LedBlinky someway. So originally where P1 should be my P2 buttons are connected. Same thing for P2 buttons which are connected in P1 on the board.
LEDBlinky doesn't know anything about how the LEDs/Buttons are wired to your IPac other than what you configure in the GenLEDBlinkyInputMap app.
2. Strangely in the inputmap generator executable sees the P1 buttons as JOYCODE4 and P2 buttons as JOYCODE1. I can't understand where this is coming from. I'm making both of my xbos 360 controllers with the vigem driver operated by UCR. I've check with SCPuser.exe and P1 does show as controller 1 and P2 does show as controller 2. I've also confirmed this in Tetris Effect. Where does LedBlinky find the P1 to be as JOYCODE4? I don't know.
When you press the "Quick Code" button, LEDBlinky monitors for keyboard and joystick inputs signals (using Windows APIs). Sounds like when you press the P1B1 button on your CP, LEDBlinky sees JOYCODE_1_BUTTON4? I'm not sure what you mean by "JOYCODE4"? I'm not familiar with vigem drivers or UCR, but maybe this is the issue? Regardless, you can select the correct input code from the list (don't use Quick Code).
3. If I switch START and COIN mapping in inputmap generator it doesn't change anything in Mame (launched from Launchbox). It's still inversed. I don't really understand how to make a change.

Sorry about the bug in the Troubleshooting app; if you send me an email I can get you a patched version. It will be fixed in the next update. Also email me your debug.log so I can take a look.

LEDBlinky uses the mame .cfg files to determine which input codes are assigned to each control. This support link provides additional info.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

JRobATL

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1790 on: June 12, 2021, 08:43:01 pm »
Hey Arzoo,

Is there a way to run button animations while only some MAME games are running (and not all MAME games)? 

I know there's a feature to allow un-assigned buttons to be activated in an animation. I typically don't want any button animations on during gameplay for most games, but might like it for, say, joystick only games (Robotron, QB3, Pac-man, etc.).

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #1791 on: June 12, 2021, 09:33:14 pm »
Hey Arzoo,

Is there a way to run button animations while only some MAME games are running (and not all MAME games)? 

I know there's a feature to allow un-assigned buttons to be activated in an animation. I typically don't want any button animations on during gameplay for most games, but might like it for, say, joystick only games (Robotron, QB3, Pac-man, etc.).

LEDBlinky does have to ability to run game specific animations (see \LEDBlinky\lwa\GameSpecific\info.txt) but this feature requires that a default animation run for any game that does not have a game specific animation defined. You could try creating an animation that does nothing (single frame with no LEDs turned on) and run that as the default "Game Play" animation, and then define other game specific animations for the games you actually want the animation running. I think this should work.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

JRobATL

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1792 on: June 13, 2021, 02:35:55 pm »
Hey Arzoo,

LEDBlinky does have to ability to run game specific animations (see \LEDBlinky\lwa\GameSpecific\info.txt) but this feature requires that a default animation run for any game that does not have a game specific animation defined. You could try creating an animation that does nothing (single frame with no LEDs turned on) and run that as the default "Game Play" animation, and then define other game specific animations for the games you actually want the animation running. I think this should work.

Awesome. I will try that blank default animation technique and let you know how it goes!

JRobATL

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1793 on: June 14, 2021, 09:34:43 pm »
Thanks so much, Arzoo!  That was the easiest thing in the world to get working.

Just curious, do you know of any central website/database where people upload animations that they've created?  I'm curious to share and to see what others have made.

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #1794 on: June 14, 2021, 11:14:23 pm »
Thanks so much, Arzoo!  That was the easiest thing in the world to get working.

Just curious, do you know of any central website/database where people upload animations that they've created?  I'm curious to share and to see what others have made.

Since the animations are specific to each control panel layout, sharing them doesn't really make sense. You can create control panel independent animations (like the ones included with LEDBlinky), but they tend to be very generic. I don't know of any website or repository of other animations.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

JRobATL

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1795 on: June 15, 2021, 09:36:56 am »
Yeah, that makes sense.

Figured I'd ask just in case.  :cheers:

Malenko

• KNEEL BEFORE ZODlenko!
  • Trade Count: (+58)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 01:15:07 pm
  • Have you played with my GingerBalls?
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,142404.msg1475162.html
« Reply #1796 on: June 17, 2021, 11:19:47 am »
Arzoo, this is amazing!

Im gonna paypal you for it right now.  There are very few things in this hobby that blow me away anymore but this..... this is well, amazing.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2021, 03:02:50 pm by Malenko »
If you're replying to a troll you are part of the problem.
I also need to follow this advice. Ignore or report, don't reply.

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #1797 on: June 17, 2021, 03:47:42 pm »
There are very few things in this hobby that blow me away anymore but this..... this is well, amazing.

:cheers:
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

leojhartiv

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 25, 2024, 02:05:25 pm
Re: LEDBlinky - Arcade LED Control software and Animation Editor - v8.0
« Reply #1798 on: June 21, 2021, 06:55:33 pm »
I've been a registered user of LEDBlinky for a while now and it's great!  One strange thing I'm noticing recently...

I use Launchbox/BigBox as my front end.  I am using a variety of emulators, but most ROMs are played through Retroarch, of which I am on the latest version and cores. 

I recently noticed that when I launch from launchbox to retroarch, the LEDBlinky controls highlight (where the voice explains what each button does) does not kick off prior to launching retroarch, but instead starts when I exit retroarch.  All other emulators seem to work fine, but I don't see where I've done something different.

Any hints at what I could look at to troubleshoot?

Thanks!

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
Re: LEDBlinky - Arcade LED Control software and Animation Editor - v8.0
« Reply #1799 on: June 21, 2021, 10:58:54 pm »
I've been a registered user of LEDBlinky for a while now and it's great!  One strange thing I'm noticing recently...

I use Launchbox/BigBox as my front end.  I am using a variety of emulators, but most ROMs are played through Retroarch, of which I am on the latest version and cores. 

I recently noticed that when I launch from launchbox to retroarch, the LEDBlinky controls highlight (where the voice explains what each button does) does not kick off prior to launching retroarch, but instead starts when I exit retroarch.  All other emulators seem to work fine, but I don't see where I've done something different.

Any hints at what I could look at to troubleshoot?

Thanks!

Keep in mind that LEDBlinky is only responding to commands from LB. From what you're describing, it seems like LB is sending the LEDBlinky GameStart command when it thinks retroarch exits? Sounds like something is not configured correctly with LB and/or retroarch? You might try posting this question on the LaunchBox forum.

If you turn on the Debug Log option (Config app; Misc Options tab), then run LaunchBox and a few games (retroarch and other emu), then email me the debug.log and/or debug.zip files I'll take a look and get back to you.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction