Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: LEDBlinky - Arcade LED Control software and Animation Editor - v8.2  (Read 552878 times)

Headrush69

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 24, 2024, 08:18:56 pm
  • I have build my own arcade controls!
Re: LEDBlinky - Arcade LED Control software and Animation Editor - v7.0
« Reply #1720 on: September 26, 2020, 04:15:08 pm »
There's definitely something wrong with the Ultimarc joystick drivers causing ghost signals. Can you do me a favor and from the Config app, on the Game Options tab, click the "Pick" button for Abort Speech and see if a joystick code comes up immediately. If so, let me know what it is, thanks.
I don't think it's necessarily a issue with ghost signals, just a result of the technology used and how sensitive it is with no deadzone.

Yes a joystick code comes up, J2UP.

Luckily, I never add a new feature (like joystick detection)  without adding an override  :)
Manually edit the settings.ini file (use notepad or notepadd++ or any text editor), and under the [OtherSettings] section, set "DetectJoysticks=0". That should solve the problem and won't effect LEDBlinky in a negative way other than you won't be able to use joystick buttons for aborting speech.
OMG, how did I miss that, doh!

Thank you. Abort using joysticks isn't needed in my cabinet.

dgrace

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 01:49:26 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #1721 on: September 27, 2020, 07:56:52 pm »
Finally got LED blinky and all my LED buttons working and it's awesome. I'm using 2 PACLED64 boards for my 4 player cabinet. However, i'm really struggling to get it to work in hyperspin or MAME or anything else. Animation works and all led buttons setup, light up and working, even started on putting together my own animation file. But nothing with mame works. I tried MAME 182 and MAME 200. Changed the mame.ini file, generated the mame.xml (based on how they recommended on the site) and also set up rocketblinky. Below are some pics of my settings. I'm sure I missed a step but am currently stumped. Any tips are much appreciated. Thanks

arzoo

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 15, 2024, 10:31:32 pm
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #1722 on: September 27, 2020, 08:14:51 pm »
Finally got LED blinky and all my LED buttons working and it's awesome. I'm using 2 PACLED64 boards for my 4 player cabinet. However, i'm really struggling to get it to work in hyperspin or MAME or anything else. Animation works and all led buttons setup, light up and working, even started on putting together my own animation file. But nothing with mame works. I tried MAME 182 and MAME 200. Changed the mame.ini file, generated the mame.xml (based on how they recommended on the site) and also set up rocketblinky. Below are some pics of my settings. I'm sure I missed a step but am currently stumped. Any tips are much appreciated. Thanks

Give the Troubleshooting app a try and see if it can help with the problem. If not, email me the debug.zip and/or debug.log files and I'll take a look.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

uptown47

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 25, 2022, 05:46:44 pm
  • Just takin' life one game of Frogger at a time...
« Reply #1723 on: September 28, 2020, 06:01:34 am »

I use Launchbox instead of Hyperspin but I know you've got to tell the front end (in the case of Launchbox) where LEDBlinky is? Maybe you need to do that in Hyperspin too?

JRobATL

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 27, 2022, 10:20:34 am
  • Completed - Tron Legacy
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,162637.0.html
« Reply #1724 on: December 15, 2020, 09:50:04 pm »
Hey Arzoo,

Will LEDBlinky support a PC Game launched from Hyperspin?  I set up a couple of games on Hyperspin as executables (instead of being on a wheel).  So I created an emulator in the LEDBlinky list to match the name of the wheel (which is the same as the name of the executable), but of course it wants a ROM name too, so I put one in with the same name, but no worky.

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #1725 on: December 16, 2020, 11:18:52 am »
Hey Arzoo,

Will LEDBlinky support a PC Game launched from Hyperspin?  I set up a couple of games on Hyperspin as executables (instead of being on a wheel).  So I created an emulator in the LEDBlinky list to match the name of the wheel (which is the same as the name of the executable), but of course it wants a ROM name too, so I put one in with the same name, but no worky.

Yes, you should be able to get this working. HS is passing the emulator and rom/game parameters to LEDBlinky which need to exactly match the entries in the Controls Editor. Using the Controls Editor, Import Unknown Game menu option, select the game from the list and configure the controls. If you're still having problems, turn on the Debug Log option and email me the debug.zip and/or debug.log after you run the PC game, and I'll take a look.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

Headrush69

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 24, 2024, 08:18:56 pm
  • I have build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #1726 on: December 27, 2020, 08:48:09 pm »
Is there any method for forcing primary controls to be spoken before other buttons?

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #1727 on: December 28, 2020, 08:41:34 am »
Is there any method for forcing primary controls to be spoken before other buttons?

Sorry but no.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

Moleburt

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 24, 2023, 05:40:31 pm
« Reply #1728 on: December 28, 2020, 10:45:23 pm »
I have something that will probably be a simple fix but I can’t figure it out. I just added a new USB hub to my cabinet and plugged my Ultimarc Ultimate IO board and my PacLED64 into it, everything is working, but when I close launch box I get a error message from LEDBlinky and the error is “Unknown Ultimarc Device Type 3” I’m
not sure how to get rid of this error. Any help would be great. Thanks.

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #1729 on: December 29, 2020, 08:59:01 am »
I have something that will probably be a simple fix but I can’t figure it out. I just added a new USB hub to my cabinet and plugged my Ultimarc Ultimate IO board and my PacLED64 into it, everything is working, but when I close launch box I get a error message from LEDBlinky and the error is “Unknown Ultimarc Device Type 3” I’m
not sure how to get rid of this error. Any help would be great. Thanks.

Is LEDBlinky lighting up any ports on the PacLED64? Is the exact error message "Unknown Ultimarc Controller Type: 3"? What happens if you use the SimpleLEDTest app, do you get the same error?
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

Moleburt

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1730 on: December 29, 2020, 08:19:31 pm »
All of my lights are working and everything seems to be running normal, just gives the “unknown Ultimarc controller type: 3” when I close big box or launchbox. I’m assuming it has something to do switching the port the usb is plugged into, going from the one it was in to the hub I’m using now.

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #1731 on: December 30, 2020, 11:41:27 am »
All of my lights are working and everything seems to be running normal, just gives the “unknown Ultimarc controller type: 3” when I close big box or launchbox. I’m assuming it has something to do switching the port the usb is plugged into, going from the one it was in to the hub I’m using now.

Can you tell me the File Version number for the PacDrive32.dll file (right click, select properties, details tab). It should be 2.3. As for the error, you can turn off the notification; from LEDBlinkyConfig, Misc Options tab, uncheck "Display Errors On FE Quit".
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

terarc

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 05, 2021, 02:40:20 pm
« Reply #1732 on: December 30, 2020, 04:00:25 pm »
Hey Arzoo,

Just purchased LEDBlinky afew days ago an I'm trying to intergrate it into a Hyperspin/Rocklauncher setup which is not going to well.
I have afew questions about how the software is reacting with an Ultimarc U-HID, I have the device programed to use 5 LEDs.
So I'll try to explain the quirks:

1st - When setting up the U-HID with GenLEDBlinkyInputMap I set it up as seen in Fig-1, problem is when I select any of the ports the LED doesn't illuminate for that port.

2nd - When I run a Simple LED Test it shows the UHID1 controller board (Fig-2) but when I select a port it doesn't illuminate the LED (like the case above) but if I select All LED's it will turn on all the LEDs.

3th - Here's where the LED's also work, when I run the LEDBlinkyAnimationEditor and select a LED to turn on they all work fine so the LEDBlinkyAnimationEditor works just fine when selecting individual LED's.

The primary issues are 1 and 2 because I can't select an individual LED to illuminate, which makes me believe is it the hardware or software problem or me. I also can't control the LED's using the cmd line such as (LEDBlinky.exe 14 UHID-1,1,2,48). I'm a little lost here so I guess that's why I'm asking.

System: Hyperspin 1.5.1.0 /Rocketlauncher 1.2.0.1
LEDBlinky Version 7.1.1.0
MAME Version 0.226
« Last Edit: January 01, 2021, 02:54:01 pm by terarc »

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #1733 on: January 01, 2021, 05:12:37 pm »
Hey Arzoo,

Just purchased LEDBlinky afew days ago an I'm trying to intergrate it into a Hyperspin/Rocklauncher setup which is not going to well.
I have afew questions about how the software is reacting with an Ultimarc U-HID, I have the device programed to use 5 LEDs.
So I'll try to explain the quirks:

1st - When setting up the U-HID with GenLEDBlinkyInputMap I set it up as seen in Fig-1, problem is when I select any of the ports the LED doesn't illuminate for that port.

2nd - When I run a Simple LED Test it shows the UHID1 controller board (Fig-2) but when I select a port it doesn't illuminate the LED (like the case above) but if I select All LED's it will turn on all the LEDs.

3th - Here's where the LED's also work, when I run the LEDBlinkyAnimationEditor and select a LED to turn on they all work fine so the LEDBlinkyAnimationEditor works just fine when selecting individual LED's.

The primary issues are 1 and 2 because I can't select an individual LED to illuminate, which makes me believe is it the hardware or software problem or me. I also can't control the LED's using the cmd line such as (LEDBlinky.exe 14 UHID-1,1,2,48). I'm a little lost here so I guess that's why I'm asking.

System: Hyperspin 1.5.1.0 /Rocketlauncher 1.2.0.1
LEDBlinky Version 7.1.1.0
MAME Version 0.226

Is this a UHID Nano you're using? Have you tested with the Ultimarc software, and if so, does it correctly control the individual LEDs? If even the SimpleLEDTest app is not working correctly, then I'd guess there's an issue with the wiring or maybe something with the hardware (in which case I would recommend contacting Andy at Ultimarc).
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

terarc

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 05, 2021, 02:40:20 pm
« Reply #1734 on: January 01, 2021, 05:59:17 pm »
No, it's the larger U-HID device with a possibility to connect up 16 LEDs and yes it controls the LEDs. If was the board then why would the LEDBlinkyAnimationEditor work correctly and not the others (GenLEDBlinkyInputMap & SimpleLEDTest)?

GenLEDBlinkyInputMap - Accepts inputs/displays inputs in the MAMEOutputTest (UHID-1,1,2,48) but won't turn on the leds/won't display individual leds
SimpleLEDTest  -  Shows the LED controller device/will display All leds/clicking on a port will very rarely display the led (I got it to work once or twice)/won't display individual leds

Ok thanks for your reply, I'll contact Andy and see what he thinks.

Update 01/05/21:

Did what you asked and Andy and I checked the U-HID board and everything is working fine from the U-HID board (wiring and sending cmds using the board software). Do you know if anyone else is using your software along with the U-HID board to drive LEDs connected to it. I don't see any chatter on the forum discussing the U-HID board using LEDs. I do see the PacDrive,PacLed64, and iPacUltimate I/O ect but not the U-HID board, am I the first?

If I'm wrong then someone please chime in or if anyone has a U-HID board and can connect an LED to it to verify that it's working with LEDBlinky properly, would greatly be appreciated.

So in the mean time I ordered a PACDrive board (works with LEDBlinky) to drive my LEDs since I can't get LEDBlinky to work with the U-HID board properly.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2021, 01:56:20 pm by terarc »

deezdrama

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 25, 2024, 09:45:32 pm
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,146268.0.html
« Reply #1735 on: February 01, 2021, 11:52:24 am »
Deleted
« Last Edit: February 01, 2021, 12:21:04 pm by deezdrama »

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #1736 on: February 01, 2021, 01:24:27 pm »
Is this a UHID Nano you're using? Have you tested with the Ultimarc software, and if so, does it correctly control the individual LEDs? If even the SimpleLEDTest app is not working correctly, then I'd guess there's an issue with the wiring or maybe something with the hardware (in which case I would recommend contacting Andy at Ultimarc).

Sorry I didn't get back to you on this sooner but I've confirmed that LEDBlinky is working with the UHID (at least with my test unit).
« Last Edit: February 01, 2021, 01:59:58 pm by arzoo »
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

deezdrama

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1737 on: February 01, 2021, 05:35:51 pm »
Im having some issues and wondering if anybody had advice....

Rewired my cab, built new pc (win10) with spare parts I had, rebuilt control panel with two pacLED64's and rgb buttons.

Initially i plugged in the led64's one at a time and went into pacled64 utility and assigned ID's.

Ledblinky.... I configured input map, made my control panel layout, and started playing with making animations when I realized I wanted my led boards to run a simple script where all the buttons faded up to blue or white when the pc booted before FE loaded.
Id record the script and run it back and it would work fine but after a system restart the script wouldnt run and no buttons would light up.

I restored factory script several times and tried custom scripts several times but none of the scripts happen when I powered on the pc. Sometimes factory script would run after i restored factory script and even after a restart but if i shut the system down i had no lit buttons on next startup.

I noticed every time I cleared flash or restored factory script that I would have to re-assign ID's to the board.
This had me wondering if I should click "assign ID" while I was recording a script...... And this Im assuming is what went wrong but now one of my led64 boards isnt recognizable in the utility or in ledblinky.

Ive tried restarts, uninstall/reinstall utility, unplugging the boards and trying to assign ID with only the problem board usb hooked up and I get an error message anytime I click on anything. The only thing that doesnt give an error message is if I click on update firmware.
Do you think a firmware flash could fix this?
Anything else I can do/try?

Edit..... The reason why its on device 8 in the pic is because I searched through all 8 hoping one would say device found
« Last Edit: February 01, 2021, 06:49:59 pm by deezdrama »

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #1738 on: February 01, 2021, 06:38:12 pm »
Im having some issues and wondering if anybody had advice....

Rewired my cab, built new pc (win10) with spare parts I had, rebuilt control panel with two pacLED64's and rgb buttons.

Initially i plugged in the led64's one at a time and went into pacled64 utility and assigned ID's.

Ledblinky.... I configured input map, made my control panel layout, and started playing with making animations when I realized I wanted my led boards to run a simple script where all the buttons faded up to blue or white when the pc booted before FE loaded.
Id record the script and run it back and it would work fine but after a system restart the script wouldnt run and no buttons would light up.

I restored factory script several times and tried custom scripts several times but none of the scripts happen when I powered on the pc. Sometimes factory script would run after i restored factory script and even after a restart but if i shut the system down i had no lit buttons on next startup.

I noticed every time I cleared cache or restored factory script that I would have to re-assign ID's to the board.
This had me wondering if I should click "assign ID" while I was recording a script...... And this Im assuming is what went wrong but now one of my led64 boards isnt recognizable in the utility or in ledblinky.

Ive tried restarts, uninstall/reinstall utility, unplugging the boards and trying to assign ID with only the problem board usb hooked up and I get an error message anytime I click on anything. The only thing that doesnt give an error message is if I click on update firmware.
Do you think a firmware flash could fix this?
Anything else I can do/try?

Edit..... The reason why its on device 8 in the pic is because I searched through all 8 hoping one would say device found

Updating the firmware might resolve the issue, but this is really a question for Andy at Ultimarc.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

deezdrama

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1739 on: February 02, 2021, 12:08:37 pm »

Updating the firmware might resolve the issue, but this is really a question for Andy at Ultimarc.

Got it going. Connected a dif usb from the board to another computer and it was stuck in a firmware flash mode meaning it got corrupted.
Andy at ultimarc sent firmware file. Had to uninstall it from device manager then flash the firmware.

So thats good. Now i can go back to the regularly scheduled program of endless hours of emulation setup 😂

deezdrama

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1740 on: February 02, 2021, 06:26:43 pm »
Quick question.

I set an FE list change animation which i assumed triggered when navigating systems/categories etc but its not working.

Also... i made a simple animation for when in the front end. All buttons lit blue except my start and exit are green and red and the trackball colorshifts.
Well in the front end the green and red are white and 2 of the player buttons that should be blue are white.

I use this same animation for when in a game and while in a game the green and red buttons are correct and all the blue buttons are correct but 2 of the coin buttons are not lit.

Just wondering what could cause this same animation file to behave different?

Awesome software by thy way! Just hope i can figure these 2 kinks out
« Last Edit: February 02, 2021, 07:00:17 pm by deezdrama »

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #1741 on: February 02, 2021, 09:43:34 pm »
Quick question.

I set an FE list change animation which i assumed triggered when navigating systems/categories etc but its not working.

Also... i made a simple animation for when in the front end. All buttons lit blue except my start and exit are green and red and the trackball colorshifts.
Well in the front end the green and red are white and 2 of the player buttons that should be blue are white.

I use this same animation for when in a game and while in a game the green and red buttons are correct and all the blue buttons are correct but 2 of the coin buttons are not lit.

Just wondering what could cause this same animation file to behave different?

Awesome software by thy way! Just hope i can figure these 2 kinks out

The list change must be triggered by an event from the FE, which I'm guessing is not happening. What FE are you using?

As for the FE Active animation, any button that would be lit for the FE (via the "Light <FE> Controls" option) will override the animation colors. This allows you to use an audio animation and still have the buttons used by the FE remain static on. Just turn off the "Light <FE> Controls" option and then the FE Active animation should work as expected. Same goes for the Game Active animation; the game controls take precedence over the animation. Hope this makes sense.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

deezdrama

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1742 on: February 03, 2021, 11:56:02 am »

The list change must be triggered by an event from the FE, which I'm guessing is not happening. What FE are you using?

As for the FE Active animation, any button that would be lit for the FE (via the "Light <FE> Controls" option) will override the animation colors. This allows you to use an audio animation and still have the buttons used by the FE remain static on. Just turn off the "Light <FE> Controls" option and then the FE Active animation should work as expected. Same goes for the Game Active animation; the game controls take precedence over the animation. Hope this makes sense.

Thanks for the fast reply!
Sorry I forgot to mention I am running launchbox/bigbox....
For list change animation do i need to fill in the names of all my categories and systems seperated by comas in ledblinky config to get that to trigger?

Turning off light fe controls fixed my active fe and active game animations.

In mame though its doing what it should- lighting only the active controls but then after a couple seconds my game active animation is imposed ontop of the mame controls specific button lighting.
This is something i want on games that are not in the list for colored active controls that way my panel isnt just all off. But if the mame game does have a colored button scheme I dont want the other animation lighting the rest of the buttons.
Any ideas?
« Last Edit: February 03, 2021, 01:12:38 pm by deezdrama »

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #1743 on: February 03, 2021, 04:12:29 pm »

Thanks for the fast reply!
Sorry I forgot to mention I am running launchbox/bigbox....
For list change animation do i need to fill in the names of all my categories and systems seperated by comas in ledblinky config to get that to trigger?

Turning off light fe controls fixed my active fe and active game animations.

In mame though its doing what it should- lighting only the active controls but then after a couple seconds my game active animation is imposed ontop of the mame controls specific button lighting.
This is something i want on games that are not in the list for colored active controls that way my panel isnt just all off. But if the mame game does have a colored button scheme I dont want the other animation lighting the rest of the buttons.
Any ideas?

At this point I'll need to see a debug log to help further. Please turn on the Debug Log option, run LB/BB and some games that don't light correctly, then email me the debug.zip and/or debug.log files and I'll take a look.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

deezdrama

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1744 on: February 03, 2021, 08:20:05 pm »
At this point I'll need to see a debug log to help further. Please turn on the Debug Log option, run LB/BB and some games that don't light correctly, then email me the debug.zip and/or debug.log files and I'll take a look.

I figured out what it was....Its right on your site under "What happens if I select both the 'Light Game Controls' option and the 'Game Play Animation'?"
Its lighting the game controls in mame but then applies my game play animation to the non lit buttons.

What Im really trying to figure out is the FE list change. In bigbox, when should it be triggering it?
Right now its only doing it when I am in a games info and hit escape to back out or when im in the options and hit escape to resume in bigbox.
I was hoping it would trigger when scrolling through the different systems and games. I even tried adding the category and system names under "FE system lists names" in ledblinky cfg utility

Also, screen saver/attract mode animation is not triggering for some reason.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2021, 08:53:30 pm by deezdrama »

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #1745 on: February 03, 2021, 11:22:28 pm »
What Im really trying to figure out is the FE list change. In bigbox, when should it be triggering it?
Right now its only doing it when I am in a games info and hit escape to back out or when im in the options and hit escape to resume in bigbox.
I was hoping it would trigger when scrolling through the different systems and games. I even tried adding the category and system names under "FE system lists names" in ledblinky cfg utility

Also, screen saver/attract mode animation is not triggering for some reason.

If you email me the log I can try to help out. Keep in mind that LEDBlinky is only responding to commands from the FE. You might also try posting a question on the LB/BB forum.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

deezdrama

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1746 on: February 04, 2021, 10:22:36 pm »

If you email me the log I can try to help out. Keep in mind that LEDBlinky is only responding to commands from the FE. You might also try posting a question on the LB/BB forum.

I copied over the launchbox files from my backup drive and now attract mode is working.

Only issue left is FE list change only triggering when backing out of a games info... But maybe this is normal for bigbox?

deezdrama

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1747 on: February 21, 2021, 10:56:52 am »
I initially installed LEDblinky on my L drive which was my old 8tb hdd

Ive spent past couple weeks starting fresh installing launchbox to my ssd C drive, I just moved the LEDblinky folder over and made sure in LEDblinky config that it was pointing to new locations for mame.ini, bigbox.xml, etc...

Everything was working fine.
I had a buddy over yesterday and was showing him how LEDblinky worked, when I opened animation editor it said my layout file is missing and its looking for it on L drive.

I opened ledblinky config and clicked the test box to show him one of my animations.
I forgot the animation was still running and showed him the simpleLEDtest feature and ran it while the animation from ledblinkyconfig was still running and now all my buttons flash. Even when in the inputmap config i can click on each entry and they all are blinking. Even after a restart and several shutdowns they all still blink.

I tried re-installing ledblinky fresh to the new C drive..... Re-downloaded my registration files, and moved over my input map, layout, and animation files.

When in animation editor it still says my layout is missing and looking for it on the L drive, and all my buttons are still blinking.
I dont know what else to try
« Last Edit: February 21, 2021, 10:59:07 am by deezdrama »

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #1748 on: February 21, 2021, 02:38:36 pm »
I initially installed LEDblinky on my L drive which was my old 8tb hdd

Ive spent past couple weeks starting fresh installing launchbox to my ssd C drive, I just moved the LEDblinky folder over and made sure in LEDblinky config that it was pointing to new locations for mame.ini, bigbox.xml, etc...

Everything was working fine.
I had a buddy over yesterday and was showing him how LEDblinky worked, when I opened animation editor it said my layout file is missing and its looking for it on L drive.

I opened ledblinky config and clicked the test box to show him one of my animations.
I forgot the animation was still running and showed him the simpleLEDtest feature and ran it while the animation from ledblinkyconfig was still running and now all my buttons flash. Even when in the inputmap config i can click on each entry and they all are blinking. Even after a restart and several shutdowns they all still blink.

I tried re-installing ledblinky fresh to the new C drive..... Re-downloaded my registration files, and moved over my input map, layout, and animation files.

When in animation editor it still says my layout is missing and looking for it on the L drive, and all my buttons are still blinking.
I dont know what else to try

Hi, the Animation Editor has it's own .ini file with the folder path to the layout files. Edit LEDBlinkyAnimationEditor.ini and that should solve the L drive issue. As for the buttons blinking constantly, that sounds like maybe your iPAC is running an animation from the firmware, that's the only explanation for the issue continuing across different LEDBlinky apps and after a reboot. Unless you have a Windows startup script running when you boot that's sending an LEDBlinky command?
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

deezdrama

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1749 on: February 21, 2021, 03:18:39 pm »
I had to restore factory defaults on led boards and now they are not blinking but ledblinky keeps looking for everything on L drive even after a re-install.
LEDBlinkyAnimationEditor.ini does specify C: drive loacation.
When I open animation editor its now saying Im missing my input map xml but its right in the ledblinky folder. Its looking for it on L:

LEDBlinkyAnimationEditor.ini

[Settings]
LastLayoutFile=C:\Launchbox\LEDBlinky\Daniels control panel layout.lay
LastAnimationFile=
SnapToGrid=1
ShowButtonLabels=1
AnimateVirtualDelayAdjust=20
DisplaySize=1
« Last Edit: February 21, 2021, 03:21:16 pm by deezdrama »

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #1750 on: February 21, 2021, 03:35:40 pm »
When I open animation editor its now saying Im missing my input map xml but its right in the ledblinky folder. Its looking for it on L:

Sorry about that, forgot you also need to edit the .lay file (it's a text file). I should probably make it easier to move the animation files - something for a future update :)
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

deezdrama

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1751 on: February 21, 2021, 03:46:53 pm »
No worries... I appreciate your fast replies! Thanks!

Retro77

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 29, 2023, 08:50:10 am
« Reply #1752 on: February 21, 2021, 03:52:21 pm »
Hi all,

Not sure if I am posting in the right place here or not. I have recently bought LEDBlinky. I am using it in conjunction with Attract Mode and a set of Sega VR buttons and for the most part it is working as I want it to. But there are 3 games that don't seem to want to work as expected.

I have LEDBlinky set up to highlight any controls that will be used in game on the frontend as you scroll through the list. They are all set up through a PacDrive and Apac.

The 3 games that don't work are: Super Hang-On, Turbo OutRun and California Speed.

All of these buttons work in one way or another for all other games I have on this PC. For example, I have configured Cruis'n USA to use them all and they all light and function as expected.

Super Hang-On and Turbo Outrun have their Turbo buttons mapped to Joy1 Button 1. California Speed uses them all but one light doesn't switch on, Joy 1 Button 3. The buttons work as expected but don't light up. Either in game or at the front end.

Like I said, everything else works. I tried configuring different buttons for these games and nothing would light the configured button.

Does this make sense and does anyone know a fix?

Cheers
« Last Edit: February 21, 2021, 05:31:09 pm by Retro77 »

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #1753 on: February 21, 2021, 07:35:02 pm »
Hi all,

Not sure if I am posting in the right place here or not. I have recently bought LEDBlinky. I am using it in conjunction with Attract Mode and a set of Sega VR buttons and for the most part it is working as I want it to. But there are 3 games that don't seem to want to work as expected.

I have LEDBlinky set up to highlight any controls that will be used in game on the frontend as you scroll through the list. They are all set up through a PacDrive and Apac.

The 3 games that don't work are: Super Hang-On, Turbo OutRun and California Speed.

All of these buttons work in one way or another for all other games I have on this PC. For example, I have configured Cruis'n USA to use them all and they all light and function as expected.

Super Hang-On and Turbo Outrun have their Turbo buttons mapped to Joy1 Button 1. California Speed uses them all but one light doesn't switch on, Joy 1 Button 3. The buttons work as expected but don't light up. Either in game or at the front end.

Like I said, everything else works. I tried configuring different buttons for these games and nothing would light the configured button.

Does this make sense and does anyone know a fix?

Cheers

Hi, Try using the LEDBlinkyTroubleshooter app and see if it can help. If not, email me the debug.zip and/or debug.log files and I'll take a look.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

Noobiecade

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 18, 2021, 07:53:28 am
« Reply #1754 on: March 03, 2021, 09:43:40 pm »
EDIT: Half Solved. My player 1 has ctrl and shift used BUT they weren’t defined as L side.

Leaving the original question in place in case anyone else has a brain fart like me.

The problem I STILL have - player 1 and 2 buttons and some random (game) buttons blink the entire time when I play. Some controls stay lit fully and work as should. When I exit launch box, some random buttons stay lit and I have to go into the config tool and select a blank port to turn them off. Any ideas? Thanks!

Hey all!

I cannot figure out what’s wrong with my ledblinky for the life of me. I’m using it in launchbox and it works great in regular consoles, Nintendo, etc, but in mame the buttons are lighting up are all over the place. I’ve read all documentation and watched every video I could find. On some default roms the player 2 side lights up ok but player 1 doesn’t.

I’m using mame .229 and the newest ledblinky (trial for now, will def buy!). I have a tankstick as my controller.

My input map is perfect (pacled64) and saved although if I try to run ledblinky output test it tells me I need to create an input map. I think all my settings are correct - I went in mame and made sure my buttons were correct.

I tried to use an MK rom that I inputed myself - Mk4al and I edited the specific controls in that game and tried ledblinky with the new control map and original one. Still doesn’t map right. I tried default roms too and same thing.

Any ideas? I’m sure I’m missing something!

Thanks in advance!
« Last Edit: March 04, 2021, 08:00:55 am by Noobiecade »

Moleburt

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1755 on: March 12, 2021, 11:08:11 pm »
I was hoping I might be able to get some help with a issue I can't figure out. I just started adding steam games to my cabinet and am having difficulty figuring out how to make LEDBlinky work properly with steam games. I have found a script that works in order to get the games to run with lights displayed the way I want, the issue I'm having is when I close the game, the lights don't revert back to my Front End active lights, the game active lights just stay active until I start and close another game. I'm not sure if I need to add something to the script or what I need to do. Any help would be great!

Thanks!

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #1756 on: March 13, 2021, 12:17:43 am »
I was hoping I might be able to get some help with a issue I can't figure out. I just started adding steam games to my cabinet and am having difficulty figuring out how to make LEDBlinky work properly with steam games. I have found a script that works in order to get the games to run with lights displayed the way I want, the issue I'm having is when I close the game, the lights don't revert back to my Front End active lights, the game active lights just stay active until I start and close another game. I'm not sure if I need to add something to the script or what I need to do. Any help would be great!

Thanks!

Your script would have to know when the game is finished and send LEDBlinky the GameQuit (4) command.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

Moleburt

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1757 on: March 13, 2021, 12:28:44 pm »
How would I go about doing that? I'm still trying to figure out how ahk works, would it be possible to write a standalone script that just handles the "GameQuit (4)" command that I can load as a separate application in Launchbox, or would I need to add it to the launch script or I have a separate script I use to close xarcade-xinput for these games. I'm just not sure where to add it or how to add it properly so that it works.  Here is my launch script for the game:

Run, steam://rungameid/678950
Sleep, 5000
WinWait, Killer Instinct
WinWaitClose
SplashImage, Off
ExitApp

And here is my script to close Xarcade-Xinput and the game at the same time:

$Esc::
{
Process, Close, XArcade_XInput.exe
}

Escape::
Send !{f4}

if WinExist("LaunchBox Game Startup")
{
WinActivate
WinWaitClose, LaunchBox Game Startup
}

if WinExist("LaunchBox")
{
WinActivate
}

if WinExist("LaunchBox Big Box")
{
WinActivate
}
ExitApp
return

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #1758 on: March 13, 2021, 04:56:02 pm »
How would I go about doing that? I'm still trying to figure out how ahk works, would it be possible to write a standalone script that just handles the "GameQuit (4)" command that I can load as a separate application in Launchbox, or would I need to add it to the launch script or I have a separate script I use to close xarcade-xinput for these games. I'm just not sure where to add it or how to add it properly so that it works. 

I think this is a question best posted on the LB forum.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

Sky25es

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 26, 2023, 05:19:21 pm
« Reply #1759 on: March 23, 2021, 06:45:37 pm »

Thanks!

Go to page 41 and take a look at my script. Maybe you can use it to achive what you want.