Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: LEDBlinky - Arcade LED Control software and Animation Editor - v8.2  (Read 553158 times)

Trnzaddict

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 24, 2023, 12:12:29 pm
Re: LEDBlinky - Arcade LED Control software and Animation Editor - v6.4
« Reply #1560 on: September 04, 2019, 10:28:15 am »
Hi Arzoo -

Is there any way to have MAME default button names spoken when a game is started? For example right now it just speaks the game name if there is no entry for the button functions.

So I went into the controls editor and added names like “Button 1”, “Button 2”, etc. to the default controls but they still don’t get spoken when a game with no info is started.

Thanks

arzoo

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 15, 2024, 10:31:32 pm
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #1561 on: September 04, 2019, 04:29:54 pm »
Hi Arzoo -

Is there any way to have MAME default button names spoken when a game is started? For example right now it just speaks the game name if there is no entry for the button functions.

So I went into the controls editor and added names like “Button 1”, “Button 2”, etc. to the default controls but they still don’t get spoken when a game with no info is started.

Thanks

I can look into adding this feature but does it really make sense to speak generic button names for MAME? You should be able to do this for non-MAME emulators.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2019, 04:41:54 pm by arzoo »
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

Foxhole

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 04, 2024, 04:36:28 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #1562 on: September 04, 2019, 11:38:28 pm »
Hi, arzoo, i've sent the debug.zip to your support mail.

duncanator

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 15, 2019, 11:49:53 am
« Reply #1563 on: September 12, 2019, 02:26:09 pm »
This might be meant for the Big Box/Launch Box forums, but I'll ask here first.  When I start up the front end, LEDBlinky starts up, speaks its name, and then the front end animation fires off.  Then, after that, half of the controls go dark.  They still function, but aren't lit.  Does anyone know what setting or file controls what is lit when using the front end?

Also, since I'm here, I have one game that I can't seem to get two buttons lit.  The buttons work in mame and mame through Big Box, but I can't get them to light up.  I've tried manually modifying the mame.xml for the rom, the colors.ini file, as well as the controls.ini file, but just can't seem to get them to light up.  Should I just create a separate color scheme through LED Blinky for that particular rom?  Thank you!

Headrush69

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 24, 2024, 08:18:56 pm
  • I have build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #1564 on: September 14, 2019, 05:30:23 pm »
This might be meant for the Big Box/Launch Box forums, but I'll ask here first.  When I start up the front end, LEDBlinky starts up, speaks its name, and then the front end animation fires off.  Then, after that, half of the controls go dark.  They still function, but aren't lit.  Does anyone know what setting or file controls what is lit when using the front end?
I beieve that only the controls that actually are used by Launchbox will stay lite after the animation.
In LEDBlinkCOnfig you can enable other options like demo the controls specific to each game highlighted in LB/BB or contrinue to use an animation.

Also, since I'm here, I have one game that I can't seem to get two buttons lit.  The buttons work in mame and mame through Big Box, but I can't get them to light up.  I've tried manually modifying the mame.xml for the rom, the colors.ini file, as well as the controls.ini file, but just can't seem to get them to light up.  Should I just create a separate color scheme through LED Blinky for that particular rom?  Thank you!
I would receommend making all game specific changes in LedBlinkyEditor. Changes here will override what is in those other files.
When you important a MAME rom, if it's in the mame.xml, it should start with that layout making it easy for you to change.

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #1565 on: September 14, 2019, 05:49:21 pm »

LEDBlinky reads the LB/BB settings file to determine which buttons the FE is using and tries to light those. Another way to do this is to create a single frame animation with just the buttons you want lit up and set that animation as the FE Active animation.

As for the game that's not lighting correctly, have you tried the Troubleshooting app - it may help identify what's going on. If that doesn't help you can email me the debug.zip file and I'll take a look.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

dino82

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 02, 2021, 11:50:52 pm
« Reply #1566 on: September 25, 2019, 09:45:59 pm »
    Hi Arzoo, thanks for the software and support, it's really great.

I'm posting because I have a bit of a problem and I am not sure if it's LEDBlinky, a config issue (probably) or Launchbox acting very strangely.

At ONE point I had this working, and then I had to go and rebuild my cabinet from scratch...and now I'm here.

I built a 4 Player control panel made up of:
    • 2 iPac Ultimate I/O (with ID1 and ID2 firmware flashed)
    • 2 U360 Joysticks (Player 1 and Player 2)
    • 2 J-stick Joysticks (Player 3 and Player 4)
    • 8 buttons for Player 1 and Player 2 (each)
    • 4 buttons for Player 3 and Player 4 (each)
    • 2 buttons for each player for Coin and Start
    • 4 Admin buttons

Software involved:
    •     Latest LEDBlinky (6.6.0.1)
    •     MAME 0.214
    •     Launchbox 10.1

All controls work as expected, they are mapped in the WiniPac software and respond in MAME accordingly. The issue is that the light controls don't light up the correct buttons. I've pored over many a forum post on arcadecontrols, numerous google searches, and still no actual resolution. I'll provide an example:

In TMNT (World 4-Player) it's fairly straightforward -- Player 1 lights up blue P1B1/P1B2 controls for jump and attack, Player 2 lights up P2B1/P2B2 yellow, Player 3 lights up P3B1/P3B2 purple and Player 4 lights up P4B1/P4B2 red.

I've downloaded the colors.ini and controls.ini from LEDBlinky.net site here
http://ledblinky.net/Download.htm
When I launch TMNT, I see this

It's very hard to see with the lighting but I circled the only two buttons that aren't lit up white, they are yellow. I am not sure what config it pulled this from but it's none I'm either aware of or set myself. Here's Street Fighter II Turbo:

Why is Player 3 lit up at all (yellow), and why is Player 1 lighting up B-1,B-4, B-5, B-6 white, and Player 2 is lighting up B-4 yellow?

I've triple checked my LEDBlinky config mapping with the actual controls (Player 1 buttons are Keyboard A thru G, for instance). Where can I continue my investigation? The buttons are consistent, so if I close TMNT and relaunch, the same buttons light up, so it isn't 'random'.

Later, I checked the troubleshooter logs again and it mentioned something strange -- when I run TMNT, it's running tmnt2po, not tmnt. I go to check the actual path to the ROM inside of Launchbox and it is tmnt2po.zip but that file doesn't exist, it exists inside of tmnt.zip. Launchbox appears to be having problems recognizing cloned games and it isn't passing the correct ROM name to LEDBlinky. Here's a screenshot of my CP when I forced the path to use tmnt.zip, it still isn't correct but you can see it's actually getting closer to reality:

Did I screw something up and I'm really in the weeds now?

Edit: Is there some kind of filter going on, I can't type 'B 4', it turns into that BINGO phrase?[/list]
« Last Edit: September 25, 2019, 09:52:44 pm by dino82 »

PL1

• Global Moderator
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 08:55:04 am
  • Designated spam hunter
« Reply #1567 on: September 25, 2019, 10:50:04 pm »
Is there some kind of filter going on, I can't type 'B 4', it turns into that BINGO phrase?
Yes, the word filter is automatically enabled by default.

You can disable it by selecting "Leave words uncensored" on your profile's Look and Layout page.
http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?action=profile;area=theme;u=97217

Scott

dino82

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1568 on: September 26, 2019, 12:51:38 am »
The troubleshooting app is very handy, I found the source of some of my issues, one being that my Player 2 Button 4 is mapped to KEYMAP_P, and the default UI_PAUSE button in MAME is KEYMAP_P, and it was set to Always Active by default, so it would light up on all games.  I also found that assigned a button twice (Player 1 Button 1) somehow, and it was set to Always Active as well, so AA overrode the color it was mapped to.

The last bits I'm fighting are clones not being recognized, for instance sfa2 correlates to the sfa2.zip actual file as well as the [sfa2] mapping in colors.ini, but the contents of said zip file are all clones, and Launchbox/LEDBlinky is not picking that up (for instance, sfa2u or sfa2j), so all LEDs light up.  Is this a known issue?

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #1569 on: September 26, 2019, 03:41:56 pm »
The last bits I'm fighting are clones not being recognized, for instance sfa2 correlates to the sfa2.zip actual file as well as the [sfa2] mapping in colors.ini, but the contents of said zip file are all clones, and Launchbox/LEDBlinky is not picking that up (for instance, sfa2u or sfa2j), so all LEDs light up.  Is this a known issue?

LEDBlinky uses the mame.xml to identify all clones. If you've stripped out the clone data then this could be the issue. This support link may help.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

dino82

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1570 on: September 27, 2019, 12:31:39 pm »

LEDBlinky uses the mame.xml to identify all clones. If you've stripped out the clone data then this could be the issue. This support link may help.

Thanks for the follow up -- you should have a new email with additional info.

To clarify for the thread, the mame.xml file either is malformatted on creation, doesn't have the data LEDBlinky needs, or LEDBlinky isn't able to load it for some reason.  Here's a screenshot from a freshly re-created mame.xml and the debug.log after starting Launchbox again

tvsian

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 18, 2022, 10:32:41 pm
« Reply #1571 on: September 29, 2019, 09:44:46 pm »
I'm having an odd situation since switching my i-pac ultimate io from keyboard to gamepad (basically for better Windows game compatibility, and avoiding Windows hotkey combos).

Whatever button is set to JOYCODE_2_BUTTON1 will only light up in white. I've edited the mapper to swap that button between the player 1 and player 2 sides, and it does the same thing either way (just a note, the i-pac decided gamepad 1 was the player 2 side, and gamepad 2 was the player 1 side, so they're flipped in MAME - functionally everything works and the proper buttons light up).

Making it weirder, if I run an animation, it works fine. If I turn off the "use MAME default control mapping," and set the mappings manually, it works in other emulators. Otherwise, it still comes up white. As an example. I had NES via Retroarch set to have both players' buttons 1 & 2 in red. Whichever side was set to joycode_2 in LEDBlinky would light up button 1 in white. Changing it to not use MAME's settings and manually entering each button worked normally.

Any ideas? I have a debug log available, and the troubleshooter didn't list anything odd. I also verified that I didn't somehow have the same button set to a second function, but it's only set to Select in the UI, so it shouldn't be lighting up separately.

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #1572 on: September 29, 2019, 10:52:19 pm »
I'm having an odd situation since switching my i-pac ultimate io from keyboard to gamepad (basically for better Windows game compatibility, and avoiding Windows hotkey combos).

Whatever button is set to JOYCODE_2_BUTTON1 will only light up in white. I've edited the mapper to swap that button between the player 1 and player 2 sides, and it does the same thing either way (just a note, the i-pac decided gamepad 1 was the player 2 side, and gamepad 2 was the player 1 side, so they're flipped in MAME - functionally everything works and the proper buttons light up).

Making it weirder, if I run an animation, it works fine. If I turn off the "use MAME default control mapping," and set the mappings manually, it works in other emulators. Otherwise, it still comes up white. As an example. I had NES via Retroarch set to have both players' buttons 1 & 2 in red. Whichever side was set to joycode_2 in LEDBlinky would light up button 1 in white. Changing it to not use MAME's settings and manually entering each button worked normally.

Any ideas? I have a debug log available, and the troubleshooter didn't list anything odd. I also verified that I didn't somehow have the same button set to a second function, but it's only set to Select in the UI, so it shouldn't be lighting up separately.

Email me the debug file and I'll take a look.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

dino82

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1573 on: September 30, 2019, 03:10:02 pm »
With the help of Arzoo, we were able to determine the cause of the issues...

The short story:  Don't use Powershell to run mame64.exe -listxml > mame.xml, use cmd.exe

Long story:  Powershell by default encodes files to UTF-16 when redirecting output to a file.  mame.xml needs to be ANSI encoded.  This caused the file to be basically unreadable and LEDBlinky didn't know what to do with it.  This caused the mapping of clones to be impossible, so most games were broken as far as lighting up the correct buttons.

rablack97

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 11, 2022, 06:50:10 pm
  • If you don't try, you have no chance at innovation
« Reply #1574 on: October 08, 2019, 09:49:52 am »
Hello Arzoo,

Can you give me an idea of the mapping order of a  mame 2plr button layout so the animations makes sense.

They are rgb buttons and pratically all of the animations are just randon blinking lights, i'm not seein a pattern at all.

Propdept

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 16, 2022, 05:26:16 pm
« Reply #1575 on: October 08, 2019, 07:22:54 pm »
I hope you all can help here
Ok I have led blinky. Before I got my control board set up for my game cab I set up led blinky. On a test board.
Now I have the control board in my cabinet and I have these problems
1. I have BERZERK in my game cabinet.  I decided to remove that rom and change it to BERZERK1. I can’t go into controls editor and set it up.  I used to be able to go into controls editor and pick the type of contrôler and specify the various buttons.  P1  colour blue keyboard button alt. P2 Color red keyboard button  shift etc....(I am just using this for example...  now I cannot in the lower left hand side of the controls editor do that. It is greyed out

2 I cannot add more games to my led blinky. When I do it saves it but it does nothing when I click on the game in hyper spin.  :hissy:

Do I need to start all over again setting up all of my mame games.  Isn’t there a file. A CFG or INI FILE that I can just modify ?

Propdept

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 16, 2022, 05:26:16 pm
« Reply #1576 on: October 08, 2019, 07:30:02 pm »
This is test

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #1577 on: October 08, 2019, 10:10:45 pm »
Hello Arzoo,

Can you give me an idea of the mapping order of a  mame 2plr button layout so the animations makes sense.

They are rgb buttons and pratically all of the animations are just randon blinking lights, i'm not seein a pattern at all.

The animations included with LEDBlinky are very generic. For the best results I would recommend using the animation editor to create your own animations for your specific control panel layout.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

Chillijason

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 12, 2022, 02:57:20 am
« Reply #1578 on: October 13, 2019, 03:07:35 am »
Hi, love the software, thank you! ... i had ledblinky running perfectly with hyperspin, then i upgraded my CPU due to hardware issues. New CPU is an i7 9700, now ledblinky still works, but the animations are running at super speed.... it's like the high end CPU is making it run faster?? weird. is there a way to slow the animations down? they are all a blur when they run. cheers

SteveB69

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 01, 2019, 12:20:41 pm
« Reply #1579 on: October 14, 2019, 11:49:11 am »
I'm trying to get Ledblinky to work only with Mame (for now) & seriously struggling. It lights up my buttons via Launchbox but once in Mame nothing.
For testing purposes I'd like to be able to use Ledblink within Mame without having to load Launchbox each time.

Running Win 7 I clicked the ledblinky.exe & it is sat in my system tray but when I start Mame nothing is happening light wise.

I'm not very good with command lines, so not sure if I need to be adding something or whether just having the ledblinky open in my system tray is enough. If I need a command line what should I use.

My ledblink is located at c:\games\ledblinky & my mame located at d:\games\Mame64\

Could anyone give me something to copy & paste into my Mame icon properties Target or Start in box please. My head hurts!

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #1580 on: October 14, 2019, 02:41:14 pm »
I'm trying to get Ledblinky to work only with Mame (for now) & seriously struggling. It lights up my buttons via Launchbox but once in Mame nothing.
For testing purposes I'd like to be able to use Ledblink within Mame without having to load Launchbox each time.

Running Win 7 I clicked the ledblinky.exe & it is sat in my system tray but when I start Mame nothing is happening light wise.

I'm not very good with command lines, so not sure if I need to be adding something or whether just having the ledblinky open in my system tray is enough. If I need a command line what should I use.

My ledblink is located at c:\games\ledblinky & my mame located at d:\games\Mame64\

Could anyone give me something to copy & paste into my Mame icon properties Target or Start in box please. My head hurts!

When starting LEDBlinky from the command line, you should pass a "1" parameter which is FE Startup. Then assuming you have the mame options configured correctly, it should work. If it still doesn't respond to mame games, turn on the Debug Log option, try running again, then email me the debug.zip file so I can help further.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #1581 on: October 14, 2019, 02:45:03 pm »
Hi, love the software, thank you! ... i had ledblinky running perfectly with hyperspin, then i upgraded my CPU due to hardware issues. New CPU is an i7 9700, now ledblinky still works, but the animations are running at super speed.... it's like the high end CPU is making it run faster?? weird. is there a way to slow the animations down? they are all a blur when they run. cheers

Using the animation editor you can increase the Frame Duration (ms) for all frames in the animation. You may need to do some trial and error to get the speed right.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

RpT

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 21, 2019, 12:13:52 pm
« Reply #1582 on: October 21, 2019, 12:11:58 pm »
Hi,

New customer here (Hi Arzoo). Loving the LEDBlinky animations editor, very powerful and easy to use :)

Using LEDBlinky currently with ultimate i/o board for my arcade controls on a pinball cabinet. Wondering what options are available to me for functionality within the frontend Pinup system.... assuming there is no support for this yet outside of running a profile on launch but just wanted to put this out there to see what comments come back!

Cheers,

-Rich

SteveB69

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1583 on: October 22, 2019, 12:55:28 pm »
I'm new to ledblinky & having quite a bit of trouble setting it up, I've been emailing Arzoo but probably best to share my problems here rather than keep bugging him. Now I have it working perfectly with streetfighter 2 & a couple of other games but Asteroids is being a bugger, probably because the game is set up to use buttons for left & right & not the joystick.
So in the ledblinky troubleshooter (inputmap) it's saying my player one button is assigned to JOYSTICK_1_XAXIS_LEFT_SWITCH but in my Generate Input Map I can't see anyway of assigning it to this?

So I tried going into the Controls editor & set up the 3 buttons, fire, thrust & hyperspace but still no joy. How do I get LB to use the joystick as buttons 1 & 2?

Also I like that LB can speak & flash the controls, however pressing any key or setting a specific key to cancel the speech doesn't work, it just speaks on until done?

Also should I have Keycodes within my Input codes as well, the keycodes being whatever the default Mame input codes are?

Also I have a Marque, how do I get ledblinky to light this up during games? Appreciate any help???

« Last Edit: October 22, 2019, 01:11:57 pm by SteveB69 »

SteveB69

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1584 on: October 22, 2019, 01:06:15 pm »
Sorry & carrying on from above, I opened the LB Controls Editor & added asteroids. I set up my joystick Left & Right & then a button, but everytime I ok it & then click back into joystick or P1_Button1 the light that lights is the last light I set up for all three Controls, neither sticking to the light that I first set them up on?

I have Streetfighter 2 working fine, everything lights up as should, what I don't really get is where is ledblinky getting the information from for this because if I could see that I might have an idea of what I should copy & get the other games working?

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #1585 on: October 22, 2019, 04:01:47 pm »
Hi,

New customer here (Hi Arzoo). Loving the LEDBlinky animations editor, very powerful and easy to use :)

Using LEDBlinky currently with ultimate i/o board for my arcade controls on a pinball cabinet. Wondering what options are available to me for functionality within the frontend Pinup system.... assuming there is no support for this yet outside of running a profile on launch but just wanted to put this out there to see what comments come back!

Cheers,

-Rich

I'm not familiar with Pinup but if it can run a script when a games starts and pass the game and emulator as parameters (to the script), then you can use LEDBlinky command line functionality. If not, you can still have LEDBlinky work with mame using the mame output system which will notify LEDBlinky when a game starts and stops. There's info in the LEDBlinky docs (pdf) on all the LEDBlinky command line parameters. You can also email me directly if you have additional questions.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #1586 on: October 22, 2019, 04:05:03 pm »
So in the ledblinky troubleshooter (inputmap) it's saying my player one button is assigned to JOYSTICK_1_XAXIS_LEFT_SWITCH but in my Generate Input Map I can't see anyway of assigning it to this?

Also I have a Marque, how do I get ledblinky to light this up during games? Appreciate any help???
You'll need to use JOYCODE_1_LEFT as the input code for JOYSTICK_1_XAXIS_LEFT_SWITCH.

The only marque display that LEDBlinky supports natively is the Pixelcade.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

SteveB69

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1587 on: October 22, 2019, 07:46:32 pm »
Quote from: SteveB69 link=topic=73905.msg1699310#msg1699310 date=1571763328
The only marque display that LEDBlinky supports natively is the Pixelcade.
[/quote
Just to check, when I say Marque I mean a 3 colour lgb light strip in the top of my cab. I'd just like it to light up when the machine is on. It's plugged into my ledwiz & flashes away during ledblinky animation, so I can't have it on during games?

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #1588 on: October 22, 2019, 10:35:47 pm »
Just to check, when I say Marque I mean a 3 colour lgb light strip in the top of my cab. I'd just like it to light up when the machine is on. It's plugged into my ledwiz & flashes away during ledblinky animation, so I can't have it on during games?

You can create an animation that lights the ports for you light strip and set it as the Game Play Animation. LEDBlinky will still light the active buttons for each game on the control panel but also run the animation.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

JudgeRob

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 05, 2024, 10:55:50 pm
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,149265.120.html
Re: LEDBlinky - Arcade LED Control software and Animation Editor - v7.0
« Reply #1589 on: November 05, 2019, 09:37:53 pm »
Hi Arzoo,

I'm hoping you can help me with an issue.  I updated MAME and mame.xml to the latest versions.  LED blinky is working for the most part.  I am having difficulty manually adjusting for GoldenTee.  LEDBlinky is pulling default settings for this game, so some of the buttons are lighting up.  When I go to the controls editor, I cannot import the game.  I am getting the following error: "Unable to determine MAME.xmlk version [].  Cannot import MAME games."

If I manually create a game under the name gtfore06, LEDBlinky is still using the default and will not use the custom one I made. 

Any thoughts?

EDIT:  BTW, I am using LEDBlinky version 6.2.2.3
« Last Edit: November 05, 2019, 09:39:50 pm by JudgeRob »

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #1590 on: November 06, 2019, 08:21:34 am »
Hi Arzoo,

I'm hoping you can help me with an issue.  I updated MAME and mame.xml to the latest versions.  LED blinky is working for the most part.  I am having difficulty manually adjusting for GoldenTee.  LEDBlinky is pulling default settings for this game, so some of the buttons are lighting up.  When I go to the controls editor, I cannot import the game.  I am getting the following error: "Unable to determine MAME.xmlk version [].  Cannot import MAME games."

If I manually create a game under the name gtfore06, LEDBlinky is still using the default and will not use the custom one I made. 

Any thoughts?

EDIT:  BTW, I am using LEDBlinky version 6.2.2.3

Have you tried using the Troubleshooting app to see why GoldenTee is not lighting correctly? If that doesn't help email me the debug.zip file and I'll take a look.

For the error message when trying to import the rom, can you open your mame.xml file in a text editor (it may be large so it takes a few seconds to load) and email me back the first few lines of the file (or a screen shot). Thanks.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

JudgeRob

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1591 on: November 06, 2019, 11:58:53 pm »
So my custom edit is working.  I think I forgot to terminate LEDBlinky in the tray so it wasnt resetting.  My bad.

But still cant import from the xml for some random games.  Here's the first lines from the xml:

Code: [Select]
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<menu>
<header>
<listname>Mame / Working Games</listname>
<lastlistupdate>10/09/2017</lastlistupdate>
<listversion>mame 0.190</listversion>
<exporterversion>r0man0 ahk script</exporterversion>

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #1592 on: November 07, 2019, 08:03:23 am »
So my custom edit is working.  I think I forgot to terminate LEDBlinky in the tray so it wasnt resetting.  My bad.

But still cant import from the xml for some random games.  Here's the first lines from the xml:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<menu>
<header>
<listname>Mame / Working Games</listname>
<lastlistupdate>10/09/2017</lastlistupdate>
<listversion>mame 0.190</listversion>
<exporterversion>r0man0 ahk script</exporterversion>

That doesn't look like a standard mame.xml file. I would suggest using mame to generate a new xml file and stick it in the LEDBlinky folder. Then set the LEDBlinky config to point to the new file and you can continue using the other file for your FE if you wish.

Here's the command to generate the listxml;
<path>\mame.exe -listxml > mame.xml
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

JudgeRob

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1593 on: November 08, 2019, 12:57:39 am »
Ah, I didn't realize I could use separate xml files.  Thanks, works great!

Peperami

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 25, 2023, 03:23:12 pm
« Reply #1594 on: November 25, 2019, 01:13:02 pm »
Hey guys :)

So I purchased LEDBlinky as I think its a really excellent piece of software, even though I know its going to be one hell of a learning curve me as I am not particularly Techie minded and I'm an old fart ;)

I have a couple of questions I have not been able to figure out yet hopefully someone could help me?

1) Specific Game in Mame

I love the game "New Rally X" and I have LEDBlinky setup so it lights buttons and speaks and I have tested "Bank Panic" as thats one of my favourite games and it worked great

Unfortunately New Rally X doesn't.... It does say "New Rally X" when it loads, but it doesn't say the name of the button for the smoke screen or the coin or player start. It also just sets the buttons to white, so please could someone explain to me how to alter this so it works and says the correct name for the buttons, plus how to set the Buttons colours please (what file names i would need to edit)

2) Sound on Space Invaders Pulsing colours

I saw a cool Video somewhere, where someone had Space Invaders playing and the buttons were Pulsing to the throbbing sound that Space Invaders makes, how is this achieved please??

Any help appreciated guys!!  I've learnt a lot on my own so far but these two have made my hear hurt lol

Headrush69

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1595 on: December 04, 2019, 12:06:20 am »
Is there a way to override the Coin and Start defaults to change the voice option?

When using with console emulators, I want to have those buttons say “select” & “start”, rather than “insert coin” & “start game”

Second issue, I’m running version 7.0.1 and when I run the troubleshooter always get date is invalid message with the current date shown. Tried running in a clean install location and same thing. Any ideas? (Windows 10 1809)
« Last Edit: December 04, 2019, 09:49:38 am by Headrush69 »

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #1596 on: December 04, 2019, 11:48:38 am »
Is there a way to override the Coin and Start defaults to change the voice option?

When using with console emulators, I want to have those buttons say “select” & “start”, rather than “insert coin” & “start game”

Second issue, I’m running version 7.0.1 and when I run the troubleshooter always get date is invalid message with the current date shown. Tried running in a clean install location and same thing. Any ideas? (Windows 10 1809)

The spoken command for coin and start can be changed but it's global across all emulators. Sorry about that. As for the error with the troubleshooter, if you email me your debug.log file I'll check what the problem is.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

Headrush69

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1597 on: December 04, 2019, 12:58:28 pm »
The spoken command for coin and start can be changed but it's global across all emulators. Sorry about that. As for the error with the troubleshooter, if you email me your debug.log file I'll check what the problem is.
Through some experimentation I have found that if in my InputMap I change the name of the Player 1 & 2 coin and start buttons, (in my case CUSTOM1, CUSTOM2, CUSTOM3, and CUSTOM4), and use these in ControlsEditor, I can use whatever spoken text I set. For MAME games, the button names still appear as COIN1, COIN2, START1, START2 so they continue to work as expected.

Last issue, is it possible to control the order that Insert Coin and Start Game are spoken? Would prefer to have them spoken before player controls rather than after.

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #1598 on: December 05, 2019, 09:55:19 am »
Through some experimentation I have found that if in my InputMap I change the name of the Player 1 & 2 coin and start buttons, (in my case CUSTOM1, CUSTOM2, CUSTOM3, and CUSTOM4), and use these in ControlsEditor, I can use whatever spoken text I set. For MAME games, the button names still appear as COIN1, COIN2, START1, START2 so they continue to work as expected.

Last issue, is it possible to control the order that Insert Coin and Start Game are spoken? Would prefer to have them spoken before player controls rather than after.

If I understand correctly, in the Controls Editor you added additional P1_CUSTOM1 and P1_CUSTOM2 buttons for the non-mame emulator default (or specific game) and assigned the input codes for coin and start. That's really brilliant! I stand corrected.

The coin, start, and any common controls are always spoken after the game specific controls. But using your method, you could add the custom coin/start buttons for each individual game (not the default controls), and reorder them any way you want. You'd have to do this for every game, which could be a pain, but it should work (although not for mame).
« Last Edit: December 05, 2019, 10:02:45 am by arzoo »
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

Headrush69

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1599 on: December 07, 2019, 07:35:56 pm »
If I understand correctly, in the Controls Editor you added additional P1_CUSTOM1 and P1_CUSTOM2 buttons for the non-mame emulator default (or specific game) and assigned the input codes for coin and start. That's really brilliant! I stand corrected.

The coin, start, and any common controls are always spoken after the game specific controls. But using your method, you could add the custom coin/start buttons for each individual game (not the default controls), and reorder them any way you want. You'd have to do this for every game, which could be a pain, but it should work (although not for mame).

Just to be clear, in my Inputmap, COIN1 -> CUSTOM1, START1 -> CUSTOM2, COIN2 -> CUSTOM3, START2 -> CUSTOM4.

With any non MAME system I can use my CUSTOM buttons in any layout and set the order I want them to be spoken.

For MAME games, my CUSTOM buttons don't show up under CONTROLS. I continue to use COIN1 and START1 and it works correctly as it's based on key maps.  So I can't have Coin and Start spoken first under MAME, but it's not terribly important. It was important for other emus as what would normally be coin and start buttons, are used for other console's admin type functions. I'm happy with how it works.

One remaining question I have is how does LEDBlinky handle analog to digital keys in MAME.
The mame.xml doesn't include information on these buttons and since you can't add input keys for MAME games in Controls Editor, curious how it's handled.