Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: LEDBlinky - Arcade LED Control software and Animation Editor - v8.2  (Read 557260 times)

shitoken

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 20, 2023, 03:00:53 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: LEDBlinky - Arcade LED Control software and Animation Editor - v6.4
« Reply #1520 on: April 20, 2019, 12:16:44 pm »
Hi Arzoo

When was the latest update been released? If I want to update how should I go with it?

Tapatalk を使用して私の MIX から送信

arzoo

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 14, 2024, 11:15:11 am
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #1521 on: April 20, 2019, 07:48:43 pm »
Noticed that every time I restart my PC ledBlinky loses the config for my Audio Animation, namely the Audio Device and Input. I have to set it every time to my Speakers. This never happened before only started noticing a few days ago. Thoughts?

LEDBlinky stores the config values in the settings.ini which is basically a text file - I don't see how that could be altered after a reboot? Did anything else change with your pc recently?
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

Felsir

• Wiki Master
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 28, 2022, 01:21:47 pm
  • Creating cab artwork
    • Felsir's World
« Reply #1522 on: April 21, 2019, 04:42:47 am »
Noticed that every time I restart my PC ledBlinky loses the config for my Audio Animation, namely the Audio Device and Input. I have to set it every time to my Speakers. This never happened before only started noticing a few days ago. Thoughts?

LEDBlinky stores the config values in the settings.ini which is basically a text file - I don't see how that could be altered after a reboot? Did anything else change with your pc recently?

Could it be that LEDBlinky initializes before the audio device is loaded- I had this on my laptop with another program (not LEDBlinky). Audio was initialized through some Dell audio-control tool that booted later.
So in the .ini file it could refer to some audio device that simply is not returned by the system when booting. It may be something similar.

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #1523 on: April 21, 2019, 09:40:36 am »
Could it be that LEDBlinky initializes before the audio device is loaded- I had this on my laptop with another program (not LEDBlinky). Audio was initialized through some Dell audio-control tool that booted later.
So in the .ini file it could refer to some audio device that simply is not returned by the system when booting. It may be something similar.

That's a good thought but LEDBlinky does not typically start on boot unless you've specifically created a startup script or other custom process.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #1524 on: April 21, 2019, 09:44:53 am »
Hi Arzoo

When was the latest update been released? If I want to update how should I go with it?

Latest version (v6.6.0.1) was released on 2/7/2019. Upgrade instructions can be found here.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2019, 09:56:29 am by arzoo »
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #1525 on: April 21, 2019, 09:45:12 am »
Hi Arzoo

Latest version (v6.6.0.1) was released on 2/7/2019. Upgrade instructions can be found here.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2019, 09:49:47 am by arzoo »
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

Propdept

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 16, 2022, 05:26:16 pm
Re: LEDBlinky - And Jukebox issue
« Reply #1526 on: April 27, 2019, 02:09:10 pm »
I am just about done settling up ledblinky. But now as I work on the Jukebox. I am getting the following errors
I click on audio animation. And a pop up occurs
Invalid audio device value
This may occur if you have changed audio hardware.  Please reselect the audio Device.
I click ok
And another pop up error appears
Error initializing audio functions
BASS_Recordinit failed. Erro bass_error_device 23
I click ok
Under audio device drop down there is no option
On my computer I have an integrated sound card on my mother board. 
Realtek high definition audio

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
Re: LEDBlinky - And Jukebox issue
« Reply #1527 on: April 27, 2019, 09:59:04 pm »
I am just about done settling up ledblinky. But now as I work on the Jukebox. I am getting the following errors
I click on audio animation. And a pop up occurs
Invalid audio device value
This may occur if you have changed audio hardware.  Please reselect the audio Device.
I click ok
And another pop up error appears
Error initializing audio functions
BASS_Recordinit failed. Erro bass_error_device 23
I click ok
Under audio device drop down there is no option
On my computer I have an integrated sound card on my mother board. 
Realtek high definition audio

This support link may help;
http://ledblinky.net/Support.htm#InvalidAudioDevice

Unfortunately LEDBlinky may not support the Realtek audio on your motherboard. You could try updating the audio drivers. The other option is to purchase an inexpensive sound card.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

Propdept

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 16, 2022, 05:26:16 pm
« Reply #1528 on: April 28, 2019, 02:14:59 pm »
 :applaud:
Arzoo
I followed your instructions to the letter and surprisingly it worked. I wish you were on Facebook I would send you some video from my test bored of this thing rocking away to the jukebox totally totally awesome

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #1529 on: April 28, 2019, 03:55:27 pm »
:applaud:
Arzoo
I followed your instructions to the letter and surprisingly it worked. I wish you were on Facebook I would send you some video from my test bored of this thing rocking away to the jukebox totally totally awesome

Glad you got it working  :cheers:
You can always email me a link to your video!
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

rooter

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 14, 2021, 01:31:15 pm
    • ShaunRoot.net
« Reply #1530 on: May 07, 2019, 11:51:22 pm »
I'm having some trouble with LEDBlinky. It works great in HyperSpin. When I view the MAME wheel, I have "Demo Game Controls" set in the config app and I see exactly what the controls should be for every game. However, when MAME actually starts, all the LEDs go dark. I have set my LedBlinky path in RocketLauncherUI. I also enabled it at  RocketLauncherUI > GLOBAL > Settings >  Main Settings > LEDBlinky Enabled. I tried both "true" and "ALL" values. Neither worked. Anyone have any ideas?

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #1531 on: May 08, 2019, 09:42:17 am »
I'm having some trouble with LEDBlinky. It works great in HyperSpin. When I view the MAME wheel, I have "Demo Game Controls" set in the config app and I see exactly what the controls should be for every game. However, when MAME actually starts, all the LEDs go dark. I have set my LedBlinky path in RocketLauncherUI. I also enabled it at  RocketLauncherUI > GLOBAL > Settings >  Main Settings > LEDBlinky Enabled. I tried both "true" and "ALL" values. Neither worked. Anyone have any ideas?

Seems like HS/RL is sending the game quit command right after starting the game, but I can't be sure without seeing the log data. If you turn on the Debug Log option (Misc Options tab), run the scenario that's failing, then email me back the debug.zip file, then I can confirm what's going on. You could also try posting this question on the HS forum.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

Defender dude

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 12, 2019, 08:23:49 pm
« Reply #1532 on: May 10, 2019, 06:13:52 am »
Hi - Newbie question. I have LEDBlinky up and running with HS and Mame - all good. Fantastic software by the way !

Now, i am using the UlitmateIO controller board and have RGB LEDs set up to light the Marquee connected to the high power outputs (LED's 1,2,3). I want to run a simple colour animation on the marquee LEDs all the time, and this was working just fine with the option checked for enable cabinet LEDs and using the the same LED controller ID (I only have one Ultimate IO board). However, this stopped the game LEDs from working. When i disabled this check box the game LEDs started working again, but the only way to get the Marquee to light up now is to have it set for FE active and game play and game pause etc etc in the relevant menus. Although it's not elegant, that's fine - but now every time i switch the HS menu or from game to game, the lights flicker as i guess there is a small delay between game (not) active and FE active ??

Anyway, question is, why can't the cab LEDs (which i guess as in my case are there for 'always on' use) also be on the same controller board as the game LEDs? or is there anything else i can do other than buy a second board / or live with the flickering ??

Thanks V much in advance

- Chris

Line_

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 14, 2019, 10:15:49 am
« Reply #1533 on: May 10, 2019, 12:54:49 pm »
Hi arzoo, LEDBlinky is great! I'm using a WolfWare Howler + x360ce for my control panel and I believe I've got most everything configured.

I just have a few issues though:

I use LaunchBox and BigBox as my frontend, and I also use x360ce globally in Windows, so my panel's P1 and P2 look like Xbox 360 controllers at all times, to all applications.

I can get the FE controls to light up for the P1 buttons only. No P1Joystick, P2Joystick, P2buttons, Trackball, or XBOX Guide buttons will illuminate when running the FE. Additionally, Launchbox/BigBox doesn't allow for its controls to be mapped to triggers (L2=PLAYER1_Z_AXIS_NEG, R2=PLAYER2_RZ_AXIS_NEG), so those two control panel buttons don't illuminate either, even on the P1 side.

I have been using an active frontend animation to get around this, but whenever transitioning to and from the active animation (yes it's 1 frame) the LEDs will turn off momentarily.

When quickly scrolling through the games the LEDs will flicker like mad. This flickering does not occur when using illuminate FE controls option though.

In the logs I see that animations start at frame -1, is this causing the flickering? Can this be remedied?

Also, there are many new button options in LaunchBox / BigBox, can I just modify/add them under the Launchbox control group in LEDBlinkyControls.xml with the names that they have in BigBoxSettings.xml? Or would that require an update to LEDBlinky itself to add them?

Thanks for making LEDBlinky!

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #1534 on: May 10, 2019, 10:47:09 pm »
Hi - Newbie question. I have LEDBlinky up and running with HS and Mame - all good. Fantastic software by the way !

Now, i am using the UlitmateIO controller board and have RGB LEDs set up to light the Marquee connected to the high power outputs (LED's 1,2,3). I want to run a simple colour animation on the marquee LEDs all the time, and this was working just fine with the option checked for enable cabinet LEDs and using the the same LED controller ID (I only have one Ultimate IO board). However, this stopped the game LEDs from working. When i disabled this check box the game LEDs started working again, but the only way to get the Marquee to light up now is to have it set for FE active and game play and game pause etc etc in the relevant menus. Although it's not elegant, that's fine - but now every time i switch the HS menu or from game to game, the lights flicker as i guess there is a small delay between game (not) active and FE active ??

Anyway, question is, why can't the cab LEDs (which i guess as in my case are there for 'always on' use) also be on the same controller board as the game LEDs? or is there anything else i can do other than buy a second board / or live with the flickering ??

Thanks V much in advance

- Chris

Hi Chris,
LEDBlinky was designed to use a second hardware controller for the cabinet animations. If you only want LEDBlinky to run your marquee animation (and nothing else) then you may want to consider starting LEDBlinky with a manual command to just run the animation. But if you want to use LEDBlinky for FE or game features (plus the marquee) without a second controller, then I think your solution is the only option.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #1535 on: May 10, 2019, 10:50:01 pm »
Hi arzoo, LEDBlinky is great! I'm using a WolfWare Howler + x360ce for my control panel and I believe I've got most everything configured.

I use LaunchBox and BigBox as my frontend, and I also use x360ce globally in Windows, so my panel's P1 and P2 look like Xbox 360 controllers at all times, to all applications.

I can get the FE controls to light up for the P1 buttons only. No P1Joystick, P2Joystick, P2buttons, Trackball, or XBOX Guide buttons will illuminate when running the FE. Additionally, Launchbox/BigBox doesn't allow for its controls to be mapped to triggers (L2=PLAYER1_Z_AXIS_NEG, R2=PLAYER2_RZ_AXIS_NEG), so those two control panel buttons don't illuminate either, even on the P1 side.

I have been using an active frontend animation to get around this, but whenever transitioning to and from the active animation (yes it's 1 frame) the LEDs will turn off momentarily.

When quickly scrolling through the games the LEDs will flicker like mad. This flickering does not occur when using illuminate FE controls option though.

In the logs I see that animations start at frame -1, is this causing the flickering? Can this be remedied?

Also, there are many new button options in LaunchBox / BigBox, can I just modify/add them under the Launchbox control group in LEDBlinkyControls.xml with the names that they have in BigBoxSettings.xml? Or would that require an update to LEDBlinky itself to add them?

Let me get back to you on this. Long day and I'm just not thinking clearly.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

Line_

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1536 on: May 11, 2019, 05:23:47 am »
Here are some diagrams to help better explain what I'm talking about:

Here is my control panel layout and the lighting for the FE Active Animation

Here is how the buttons are hooked up to the WolfWare Howler

Here is how the buttons are being mapped to an XBOX Layout, using x360ce

LB=Left Bumper
RB=Right Bumper
LS=Left Stick Click
RS=Right Stick Cllck
G=Guide Button

Here is what the buttons register as in Windows after all is said and done

Z=Z-Axis Negative Position
RZ=Z-Axis Rotation Negative Position
G=Guide Button

Here is what happens when I set all the buttons to actions in Launchbox/BigBox and illuminate LEDBlinky FE controls

Notice how P1 Joystick, Z, RZ and Guide buttons are not illuminated due to Launchbox being unable to map triggers and the guide button. Also all of player 2 and the trackball are not illuminated either.

I will try and get a video posted of the flashing that occurs when using the FE animation option.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2019, 05:30:11 am by Line_ »

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #1537 on: May 11, 2019, 10:17:31 am »

You are correct using the single frame animation for FE Active, but I'm not sure what's causing the flickering. Could you turn on the Debug Log option (Misc Options tab), run the scenario that causes the flicker, then email me the debug.zip file so I can see what's going on.

As for any new LB/BB buttons I'll have to add those as an update (just adding them to the xml won't work).
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

Line_

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1538 on: May 11, 2019, 12:40:11 pm »

You are correct using the single frame animation for FE Active, but I'm not sure what's causing the flickering. Could you turn on the Debug Log option (Misc Options tab), run the scenario that causes the flicker, then email me the debug.zip file so I can see what's going on.

As for any new LB/BB buttons I'll have to add those as an update (just adding them to the xml won't work).

OK e-mail sent to the support address, debug files attached.

Line_

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1539 on: May 12, 2019, 01:11:47 am »

Here is an imgur album containing two videos showcasing the issue when FE Active animations are set vs. FE controls lit.

https://imgur.com/a/D3bfuzv

I increased the Demo Scroll Delay to 1 second, but it doesn't change the behavior where all the LEDs go blank for a moment.

Line_

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1540 on: May 14, 2019, 04:42:18 am »
Also, Launchbox/BigBox is implementing a Pause screen feature. Is there currently a command line parameter to speak and demo controls for games, MAME or non-MAME titles, at any time? For instance, once the pause screen pops up, the controls are spoken and demoed.

And can we get support to Abort Speech with a joystick / controller input, not just a keybaord stroke?

:notworthy:
« Last Edit: May 14, 2019, 04:44:00 am by Line_ »

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #1541 on: May 14, 2019, 08:09:08 am »
Also, Launchbox/BigBox is implementing a Pause screen feature. Is there currently a command line parameter to speak and demo controls for games, MAME or non-MAME titles, at any time? For instance, once the pause screen pops up, the controls are spoken and demoed.

And can we get support to Abort Speech with a joystick / controller input, not just a keybaord stroke?

:notworthy:

There is an option to demo controls when mame is paused, but not other emulators. Monitoring for controller input might be possible - I'll add it to the enhancement request queue (but I can't promise when or if I can do it).
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

Line_

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1542 on: May 14, 2019, 10:15:49 am »
Thanks for adding that to the queue.

Do you foresee any problem with re-issuing the command to launch the non-mame title, in order to trigger the demo controls on launch each time the pause menu pops up? Maybe that could be a workaround...

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #1543 on: May 14, 2019, 02:41:55 pm »
Thanks for adding that to the queue.

Do you foresee any problem with re-issuing the command to launch the non-mame title, in order to trigger the demo controls on launch each time the pause menu pops up? Maybe that could be a workaround...

If the non-mame emulator has an event hook on "Pause" that allows you to execute a batch or script file, then yes, manually sending LEDBlinky the Game Start command could be used as a workaround to re-demo the controls. Keep in mind that any game start option you have enabled (speak controls, speak name, run animation, etc) will all execute.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

bperkins01

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 24, 2023, 02:13:35 pm
  • Plenty of skills.. gaining experience..
« Reply #1544 on: May 27, 2019, 10:35:38 am »
Hi Arzoo,

Quick question - I'd like to mirror the joysticks - but just for Pacman..

Summary:  I have Mame set up so that Pacman can use both joysticks simultaneously.   For no other reason than righty vs. lefty...  Its easier to -just enable both sticks and let the player decide which one to use.

What I can't figure out is how to light both sticks at the same time for Pacman..  I (pretty much) have everyone trained... if its lit... you can use it..

Do I need to create a custom entry in the controls editor for pacman?  I tried.. but could not figure out how to do it..
If you can point me in the right direction.. that would be great.
thanks
Bob
My Arcade Cabinet Build and other projects here:
Centipede, Joust, Joust Cocktail, Asteroids, Galaga, Ms. Pacman Cabaret, Defender, Space Invaders Cocktail
https://bperkins.wordpress.com/

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #1545 on: May 27, 2019, 02:16:25 pm »
Hi Arzoo,

Quick question - I'd like to mirror the joysticks - but just for Pacman..

Summary:  I have Mame set up so that Pacman can use both joysticks simultaneously.   For no other reason than righty vs. lefty...  Its easier to -just enable both sticks and let the player decide which one to use.

What I can't figure out is how to light both sticks at the same time for Pacman..  I (pretty much) have everyone trained... if its lit... you can use it..

Do I need to create a custom entry in the controls editor for pacman?  I tried.. but could not figure out how to do it..
If you can point me in the right direction.. that would be great.
thanks
Bob

Hey Bob - look over this support link, specifically the section on "light the trackballs or joysticks separately based on which are used by each game". Using that method both joysticks should light up. If it's not working or you have additional questions, run pacman with the Debug Log option enabled (misc options tab), and email me the debug.zip file.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

Kudrun

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 12, 2019, 11:08:20 am
« Reply #1546 on: June 07, 2019, 10:14:20 am »
Hi Arzoo, I really hope you can help me. In short, I can get LEDBlinky to work in HyperSpin, but only after a game in MAME has launched. I’ll try and be as concise as I can with the details of this, but please let me know if there anything else I can tell you that might help diagnose my issue.

I’m building an arcade cabinet with RGB lights and running MAME through HyperSpin.

Programs used: HyperSpin, HyperHQ, RocketLauncher, RocketLauncherUI, MAME, LEDBlinky

-   I installed HS, MAME, and RL
-   I then followed along to the great Youtuber Maverick’s Arcade in setting up LEDBlinky.
-   I’ve set up a basic 1 frame animation for the default colours I want whilst not in game (FE Active etc..), and added an FE Start-up and FE Quit animation.
-   All buttons are wired up correctly and each program seems to be talking to each other. I can launch a game in MAME, and the colours change based on the colour.ini etc…great
-   However, LEDBlinky doesn’t run the FE Start-up when I launch HS. It only runs that once I launch a game through MAME. Game runs, it flashes white for second, then runs the FE Start-up animation, then switches to the specific game colours. When I exit the game back to the menu, FE Active kicks in. But when I close HS, The FE Quit doesn’t run and after HS is closed, the FE Active stays lit.
-   So, it seems like everything is working, just not in the right order. Or, something isn’t configured correctly.
-   If I start LEDBlinky, then launch HS, same thing.
-   If run a HS Start-up Script to run LEDBlinky on HS launch, same thing.
-   But, I’ve checked the Debug.log and HS Log.txt and LEDBlinky does launch at the same time as HS does when the Start-up Script runs.

Some further info that might help:

-   I have LEDBlinky Disabled in HyperHQ (I was advised that it would conflict with RL-LEDBlinky communication)
-   I have LEDBlinky Enabled in RocketLauncherUI and set to “Enabled - All”
-   In LEDBlinky I have the FE set to “Other Front-End”

I can provide you with the Debug.log and Debug.zip as well as HS and RL logs if that would help.

My guess is, it’s something simple, and I’m just missing it. Your help and guidance would be most appreciated.

Thanks,

Kudrun

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SOLVED

It was a simple case of me not having my Hyperspin Startup Script correctly set up. So it wasn't launching LEDBlinky when Hyperspin started, and only when MAME started.

For anyone interested, I just needed to add a "1" after the program run target:

[Startup]
Minimize_Background_Windows_Enabled=true
Window_Classes_To_Not_Minimize=Shell_TrayWnd,Button
Process_Name_To_Close_1=
Program_To_Run_Target_1=LEDBlinky.exe 1
Program_To_Run_Working_Dir_1=K:\LEDBlinky\
Program_To_Run_MaxMinHide_1=Min
« Last Edit: June 16, 2019, 03:38:22 pm by Kudrun »

jkimrey

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 14, 2021, 08:58:41 am
« Reply #1547 on: June 11, 2019, 09:01:12 pm »
Hi.

I'm hoping someone can help me - I'm using Hyperspin, LEDBlinky, and EDS.  I have Hyperspin starting EDS (renamed as LEDBlinkly), and in EDS I've set it to start LEDBlinky on event 1 (FE Start) and stop LEDBlinky on event 2 (FE End).

Everything works fine except when I close the front end the LEDBlinky lights stay lit.

Any suggestions on how I can get them to turn off?

FYI - looking at the LEDBlinky logs, it doesn't appear that EDS is sending a command to LEDBlinky saying that the FE is closing...

Thanks.

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #1548 on: June 11, 2019, 11:03:55 pm »
Hi.

I'm hoping someone can help me - I'm using Hyperspin, LEDBlinky, and EDS.  I have Hyperspin starting EDS (renamed as LEDBlinkly), and in EDS I've set it to start LEDBlinky on event 1 (FE Start) and stop LEDBlinky on event 2 (FE End).

Everything works fine except when I close the front end the LEDBlinky lights stay lit.

FYI - looking at the LEDBlinky logs, it doesn't appear that EDS is sending a command to LEDBlinky saying that the FE is closing...

Thanks.

Email me the debug.zip and I'll take a look.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

neohusky

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 25, 2022, 09:10:44 pm
« Reply #1549 on: July 04, 2019, 07:01:12 am »
Hi Arzoo

It's been a while snce I last touched base.  I can't remember if I have previously asked but I was wondering if you could include a feature for example: defined emulator uses mame controls ie.this inherits the mame rom controls.
Currently I have rocket launcher setup with collections of mame roms eg SNK, CPS, CPSII etc.  The playlists etc are set up as emulators.  By default ledblinky won't light the controls because the emulator referenced is is not mame its Capcom_Play_System for instance.  To get LEDblinky to work I would have to copy the rom controls from
Code: [Select]
<emulator emuname="MAME" emuDesc="MAME Defaults and Control Overrides"> section into
<emulator emuname="Capcom_Play_System" emuDesc=""> controls in the LEDBlinkycontrols.xml file. I believe rocketblinky does this, but, I'm thinking that this will make LEDBlinkcontrols.xml unnecessarily large and inefficient.

« Last Edit: July 04, 2019, 07:04:31 am by neohusky »

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #1550 on: July 05, 2019, 05:57:51 pm »
Hi Arzoo

It's been a while snce I last touched base.  I can't remember if I have previously asked but I was wondering if you could include a feature for example: defined emulator uses mame controls ie.this inherits the mame rom controls.
Currently I have rocket launcher setup with collections of mame roms eg SNK, CPS, CPSII etc.  The playlists etc are set up as emulators.  By default ledblinky won't light the controls because the emulator referenced is is not mame its Capcom_Play_System for instance.  To get LEDblinky to work I would have to copy the rom controls from
<emulator emuname="MAME" emuDesc="MAME Defaults and Control Overrides"> section into
<emulator emuname="Capcom_Play_System" emuDesc=""> controls in the LEDBlinkycontrols.xml file. I believe rocketblinky does this, but, I'm thinking that this will make LEDBlinkcontrols.xml unnecessarily large and inefficient.

As long as the emulator name includes "mame", LEDBlinky will consider it a mame rom. For example, you could use "Capcom_Play_System_(mame)". But you are suggesting that from the Controls Editor there could be a flag that designates any emulator group as mame. I'll add that to the enhancement request list, thanks.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

newoski

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 26, 2021, 07:44:50 am
« Reply #1551 on: July 05, 2019, 06:03:29 pm »
Hi Arzoo

Rocket launcher has an option for this, to force the MAME command to LEDBlinky, without using MAME in the system name. I worked with DJVJ on the feature ages ago

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #1552 on: July 05, 2019, 06:31:40 pm »
Rocket launcher has an option for this, to force the MAME command to LEDBlinky, without using MAME in the system name. I worked with DJVJ on the feature ages ago

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Nice! I did not know that.  :cheers:
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

neohusky

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 25, 2022, 09:10:44 pm
« Reply #1553 on: July 05, 2019, 07:15:45 pm »
Oh wow. I’ll give it a try. Thanks for the tip.

shitoken

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 20, 2023, 03:00:53 am
« Reply #1554 on: July 19, 2019, 03:42:23 am »
Hi.

Thanks.

I think you do not need to set events for Ledblinky and it works.

boslaw2

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 07, 2021, 08:24:04 pm
« Reply #1555 on: August 29, 2019, 10:50:41 pm »
I'm running the following setup and having issues:
i7-3770
3.4GHz
8GB RAM
Win 10 Pro
ledblinky 6601
mame .212
Launchbox/BigBox

I get repeated Primary Instance wait errors
Also, certain Mame games do not light up correctly

I've read that both of these problems were fixed in earlier versions of LedBlinky but I'm having these problems with the latest version. Any idea how to fix?

Thanks

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #1556 on: August 29, 2019, 11:20:47 pm »
I'm running the following setup and having issues:
i7-3770
3.4GHz
8GB RAM
Win 10 Pro
ledblinky 6601
mame .212
Launchbox/BigBox

I get repeated Primary Instance wait errors
Also, certain Mame games do not light up correctly

I've read that both of these problems were fixed in earlier versions of LedBlinky but I'm having these problems with the latest version. Any idea how to fix?

Thanks

I'll need you to turn on the Debug Log option, run your FE and the games that aren't lightning correctly, then email me the debug.zip file so I can see what's going on. You'll also need to tell me exactly what buttons aren't lighting as expected.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

Foxhole

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 11, 2024, 04:05:15 am
« Reply #1557 on: September 04, 2019, 12:36:53 am »
I have a bit of an issue with ledblinky. I'm using hyperspin with rocketlauncher on win7.
The annoying part about this issue is that it is random but tends to happen when running the first 1~5 games.
What happens is when starting a game, it doesn't really matter which emulator or game, ledblinky will start its game start animation and will return to the fe controls lights. This happens randomly. I'm currently at work so i can't provide the debug log but from what i saw it seems like the frontend sends a game quit event right after the game start. A possible workaround is to turn ledblinky on in rocketlauncher.
That won't completely fix the issue, what will happen is that it will do the game start animation twice and then light up the game controls for when the fe sends game quit event.
Any clues, arzoo? Of course i will send the debug log later on.

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #1558 on: September 04, 2019, 08:54:52 am »
I have a bit of an issue with ledblinky. I'm using hyperspin with rocketlauncher on win7.
The annoying part about this issue is that it is random but tends to happen when running the first 1~5 games.
What happens is when starting a game, it doesn't really matter which emulator or game, ledblinky will start its game start animation and will return to the fe controls lights. This happens randomly. I'm currently at work so i can't provide the debug log but from what i saw it seems like the frontend sends a game quit event right after the game start. A possible workaround is to turn ledblinky on in rocketlauncher.
That won't completely fix the issue, what will happen is that it will do the game start animation twice and then light up the game controls for when the fe sends game quit event.

Do you have the "HyperLaunch or RocketLauncher Used To Run MAME" option enabled (HyperSpin tab)? If not, check that option and it should help with this issue. If you already have that option enabled then I'll need to see the log.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

Foxhole

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 11, 2024, 04:05:15 am
« Reply #1559 on: September 04, 2019, 09:53:37 am »

Do you have the "HyperLaunch or RocketLauncher Used To Run MAME" option enabled (HyperSpin tab)? If not, check that option and it should help with this issue. If you already have that option enabled then I'll need to see the log.
It's enabled. I'll upload the debug later on, when i get home. Thanks.